Did the EVA-02 "wake up" twice in EoE?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

Did the EVA-02 "wake up" twice in EoE?

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:55 pm

In the series the only hint we have is what happens when EVA 01 enters Berserk mode. That makes difficult to me understand how EVA 02's berserk mode works.

Ok, so IIUC, the first awakening of EVA 02 is not berserk, because he ran out of electric supply, right? But that dazes me a little, because he makes the cross. Why does he make the cross? Furthermore, we also see the awakening of the EVA 01, and he makes the cross too, thing never seen before in the series... but because EVA-01 never "awakes" until then, maybe? And let's suppose is the awakening of the EVA 01, he has the S^2 core and he can "awake", so I see reasonable to a certain extent that he makes the cross. But that leads me to the EVA 02. It's an usual EVA, it doesn't make sense that he "wakes up" making the cross. So, that means is like Berserk or something and therefore he goes Berserk twice?

It's not clear at all to me...
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Did the EVA-02 "wake up" twice in EoE?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 am

Eva-02 seems to be in a semi-berserk state for the entirety of her activation time in EoE. Basically, Kyoko and Asuka achieve a state of heightened unity that stops just short of Asuka liquifying in the plug.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Did the EVA-02 "wake up" twice in EoE?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 am

This is definitely not the Awakening or Pseudo Evolution forms seen in New Theatrical, let's get that out of the way first things first. I always thought the cross explosion was formed due to the super high sync rate between Asuka and Kyoko's soul fragment, the cross was the immense energy being released when the crazy powerful AT field was formed because of their bond. The same thing happened with Shinji and Yui, but because Unit 01 had both a human form (Fruit of Knowledge) and an S^2 Organ (Fruit of Life), it became a godlike being, and was able to fly by itself. Had she only had the Fruit of Knowledge, Unit 01 would likely had synced with Shinji in the same way Unit 02 synced with Asuka.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”