Quantum Magic and Unit 01

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 am

View Original PostUltrahuntr wrote:In that instance the Eva wasn't going berserk because what was happening was what Shinji was allowing to let happen. Ultimately this is what Yui wants, for Shinji to make his own decisions and be happy. He said he would rather die than kill Toji, and Yui never once tried to stop him. The only reason Shinji didn't die is because of the Dummy Plug.

Eh, if push came to shove, I rather doubt Yui would have let Shinji get killed there. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't respect his agency to anywhere near the extent you're suggesting, given the way she corralled him into the ceremony for Third Impact. His happiness matters only to the extent that it overlaps with her plans. :wink: ) It's also important to note that Yui's activation times are guided heavily by Rule of Drama as opposed to any kind of consistent logical sense.

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:11 pm

I guess I can see that. Either way, her control of the Eva isn't absolute, which would be required for OP's theory.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

View Original PostUltrahuntr wrote:I guess I can see that. Either way, her control of the Eva isn't absolute

After she gets the S2 Engine, there's no reason I can see that it wouldn't be. Assuming the only thing keeping her from absolute control are the cybernetic implants, which she probably only bothered to retain because they provided a way to interface with Shinji. If necessity / Rule of Drama dictated, she could just use the S2's regenerative capacities to purge them from her body.

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:After she gets the S2 Engine, there's no reason I can see that it wouldn't be. Assuming the only thing keeping her from absolute control are the cybernetic implants, which she probably only bothered to retain because they provided a way to interface with Shinji. If necessity / Rule of Drama dictated, she could just use the S2's regenerative capacities to purge them from her body.

I suppose after that point, sure. That actually makes more sense, given how that whole fight went. I was referring to the majority of the show as far that goes though.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”