The End of Evangelion (Full Extended Edition)

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

The End of Evangelion (Full Extended Edition)

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

I found this on youtube:
[LINK REMOVED] [RULES]

I'll just leave the original description talk for itself:
A version of EoE that a member of the 'Revolution of Evangelion' website made. The user added scenes from Episode 25 and 26 to the EoE movie when they take place in that movie (since Ep25 and 26 takes place during the events EoE). This version is almost like a directors cut of EoE and is way more intense than the original. The REva user and i do not own the Eva series (not shit), Also as I said before i did not make this edited version of EoE and i am only uploading it because i enjoyed it so much i wanted to share it with other Eva fans. I am maybe one of like 20 ppl to have this version of the movie and since there is no way to get it otherwise since the download link is no longer available and has not been for a few years. Anyway, enjoy this masterpiece! It really is amazing!

Enjoy! ^_^

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Is this the same thing as the concurrency project?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:49 pm

if it were the FULL extended addition, wouldn't it also have to include the 10 minute live action sequence?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Is this the same thing as the concurrency project?
I'm not familiar with the concurrency project, but the video seems to be a fan-made edit of the end of evangelion movie adding scenes from episodes 25 and 26 at key points, for example the whole congratulations ending from episode 26 is added right before the scene where GNR neck splits open in a burst of blood and her head falls off.

Guy Nacks wrote:if it were the FULL extended addition, wouldn't it also have to include the 10 minute live action sequence?
the live action scenes where you see the people in the theatre and Misato and Asuka standing among a crowd are there.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 am

What I meant was the alternate live action sequence that was cut from eoe where we discover, amongst other things, that in a world without Shinji, it is strongly implied that Asuka receives Toji's load in her mouth.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:05 am

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Nacks. What I do want to know is where the hell this can be found, so that I can watch it and then curl up into a little ball and cry, because what you're describing sounds horrific.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:20 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Nacks. What I do want to know is where the hell this can be found, so that I can watch it and then curl up into a little ball and cry, because what you're describing sounds horrific.

Here it is in written form, at least. I've seen the actual video too... somewhere.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:29 am

Yeah the video is very easy to find if you google for it and it's also been subbed in English with color coding for the different characters.

One thing I've always wondered is if it's anno who provides Shinji's voice at the end of that clip.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

^ Well, you'll know as soon as you can find a clip of the new Miyazaki film. He voices the main, remember?

Also: I have no idea what this script is, but I'm irked that it never made it into the movie. *shivers* Yeah, that was creepy as all hell.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Anno voices the Black Space God from Mars on the "Neon Genesis Evangelion - After the End Drama CD", picsubs for which can be found as readily as the "End of Evangelion - Live Action Deleted Scene" fansubs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Eva Unit XX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Unit XX » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 pm

That was awesome! This explained a few things for me. Like, why Shinji decided to abort Instrumentality. Now I'm wondering why Anno and crew decided to only include parts of it in the final film... :shinji_boohoo:
Komm Susser Todd - Return to nothing

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:12 pm

I thought the Live Action part of EoE was pretty old news.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Noah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Noah » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 am

I really wish I had seen this before the link was removed.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:05 am

I wanted to see it too. :( But I guess it wasn't worth the risk of a lawsuit.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 am

I got to check some of it before the DMCA hammer fell. It was the English dub, it put the first part of 25 at the start (the Shinji bits) then it continued with the start of 25'. Then the Rei bits (when the creepy Rei face appears) were inserted between the Seele talk with Gendo and Rei at her room. Then most of the rest of EoTV was put after Third Impact, there was no Asuka related EOTV material during the "I don't want to die" lake scene, and all the EoTV scenes ended right before GNR's neck starts spewing blood. I might be wrong because I was skipping through it quickly.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:50 pm

View Original PostEva Unit XX wrote:That was awesome! This explained a few things for me. Like, why Shinji decided to abort Instrumentality. Now I'm wondering why Anno and crew decided to only include parts of it in the final film... :shinji_boohoo:

It was mainly a time cut.

Note that you still briefly see the alt!Versions of the three main girls in the finished cut, during the "dream" scene, like Shinji's pondering the merit of that universe there; As he nears his decision to screw instrumentality, we're then treated to this montage where we see the three girls, still in live action, but "in costume",ie, Asuka has her neve clips, Rei her blue hair... (and hilariously, a woman who bears a lot of incedental similarity to Mari, look for a blue headband) probably signifying how Shinji choses the world that has these versions of them in it, problematic as they may be.

I've heard that they made this pasted-together version that has "Death" glued in front of it and this alt scene inserted somewhere too (Oh, what I'd do to know exactly where), but it never made it to the states, presumably because it wasn't sufficiently different from the regular one to redub it or something.

I also like it a lot, mainly for the philosophy talk in it. Of course, there comes Q and shows us an even *worse* possible future for them...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:12 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:I got to check some of it before the DMCA hammer fell. It was the English dub, it put the first part of 25 at the start (the Shinji bits) then it continued with the start of 25'. Then the Rei bits (when the creepy Rei face appears) were inserted between the Seele talk with Gendo and Rei at her room. Then most of the rest of EoTV was put after Third Impact, there was no Asuka related EOTV material during the "I don't want to die" lake scene, and all the EoTV scenes ended right before GNR's neck starts spewing blood. I might be wrong because I was skipping through it quickly.
I saw it full before youtube pulled it down, but I think I recall the Asuka bits from EoTV only that they weren't right before the lake scene as I was expecting but were together with Shinji's...

Anyway, for the ones that didn't get to see it, you're not missing anything that you haven't seen in EoTV and EoE...

I haven't seen the concurrency project one yet, but from what I gathered from the thread it seems to be very similar to this one, I felt that they could have done better on this one, if they had done more cut and mixing, like right before the Asuka scene in EoE they could have added the "case of Asuka" scenes from EoTV.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:19 pm

This sounds like a variation of concurrency project releases. (Which various people have worked on and/or made their own edits throughout the years, it's not just a one person thing. It's just that a version by folks from EGF hasn't been properly released yet.) See this thread if that discussion interests you.

I remember seeing at least one or two concurrency video edits on Youtube years ago; both had scenes in slightly different places than you'd expect. Pretty sure they were the dub, too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

KaiserSeph
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KaiserSeph » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:24 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:This sounds like a variation of concurrency project releases. (Which various people have worked on and/or made their own edits throughout the years, it's not just a one person thing. It's just that a version by folks from EGF hasn't been properly released yet.) See this thread if that discussion interests you.

I remember seeing at least one or two concurrency video edits on Youtube years ago; both had scenes in slightly different places than you'd expect. Pretty sure they were the dub, too.

I would consider my version a proper release!

It's on the last page of the linked thread, for anyone interested.
STEAMid: condomavenger

Even if there is no God, or Buddha... there is Kamen Rider.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”