Eva-01's real identity

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

Eva-01's real identity

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Well I think all of you know Eva-01 had a central core like a angel. Then the other day I've read that Eva-01 wasn't a copy of an angel, but was an angel. The writer of the passage said that Gendou and his team captured the 2nd angel after the Second Impact, and placed armour plates onto it to make it into Eva-01. But afterall I don't know if it's true. Ritsuko kept saying Eva was copies of the angels, but not angels. Which is true? And besides having Yui's soul inside Eva-01, what made Eva-01 so special that Gendou kept protecting it from being contaminated?
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eva-01's real identity

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:28 pm

tinmeigut wrote:Well I think all of you know Eva-01 had a central core like a angel. Then the other day I've read that Eva-01 wasn't a copy of an angel, but was an angel. The writer of the passage said that Gendou and his team captured the 2nd angel after the Second Impact, and placed armour plates onto it to make it into Eva-01. But afterall I don't know if it's true. Ritsuko kept saying Eva was copies of the angels, but not angels. Which is true? And besides having Yui's soul inside Eva-01, what made Eva-01 so special that Gendou kept protecting it from being contaminated?

Err, the Second Angel is hanging on a cross. At some point Eva-01 was connected to [URL=http://www.evacommentary.org/episode-23/23_C317_npc_15_comp.jpg]Lilith[/URL]. As far as which is true, would you trust something you read somewhere (I'm mildly, yet slightly apprehensively, curious) or what someone said in the show? Gendo would lose Yui is Eva-01 was lost.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Eva01 has the soul of Yui Ikari, it is the true offspring of Lilith.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:39 pm

Well I think you're wrong Ornette Coleman. The seven-eyed creature hung on the cross in the central dogma is Lilith, Adam's wife. Adam and Lilith had 18 children, of which the first seventeen got the fruit of power and were the Angels. The 18th child was Lilin, and it got the fruit of wisdom and become the human race.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:42 pm

Newsflash. Lilith is the second angel, the one on the cross.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:16 pm

tinmeigut wrote:The seven-eyed creature hung on the cross in the central dogma is Lilith, Adam's wife. Adam and Lilith had 18 children, of which the first seventeen got the fruit of power and were the Angels. The 18th child was Lilin, and it got the fruit of wisdom and become the human race.

Are you watching "Evangelion", or reading the Old Testament and Jewish lore? Because there's a big distinction between the two. <_<;;
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:03 am

Ornette wrote:At some point Eva-01 was connected to [URL=http://www.evacommentary.org/episode-23/23_C317_npc_15_comp.jpg]Lilith[/URL].

More to the point, Lilith was used to produce the biological mass of Eva Unit 01, which was then outfitted with mechanical enhancements. Although I would assume that Eva Unit 01 isn't simply some clone made from some perverse form of large scale mitosis.

Reichu wrote:Are you watching "Evangelion", or reading the Old Testament and Jewish lore? Because there's a big distinction between the two. <_<;;

You're starting to sound like me. Are you sure we're not related? :wink:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:32 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:You're starting to sound like me. Are you sure we're not related? :wink:

Give me some of your BLOOOOOD and we'll get a DNA test. Fufufu.

Actually, I should rephrase. I meant, "reading really fucked-up versions of the Old Testament and Jewish lore".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:11 am

[OMG_Offtopic]

Am I the only person around here who actually started a pseudoreligion based off Evangelion and its Christian roots?

[/OMG_Offtopic]
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:06 am

You would have to leave an awful lot of stuff out -- very few of the references are strictly Christian...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:01 pm

The Evangelion series is based on some of Sigmund Freuds non discussed theories and banned portions of the Bible that the mainstream do not know about but are well documented. The series points out what the original Bible does, shows the dualities we face in life whereas the homogenized version of the bible(new testament) would have you believe in a more monotheistic point of view. The mention of Lillith in this series which is Adams real first wife in the Bible not Eve as the newer versions of the bible would have you believe. Its hard to comprehend some portions of this Anime series without knowing a little about the unknown portions of the Bible such as the mentioning of Lillth and the Angels and Eva's. The Eva's are humankinds attempt at making the Angels which in the bible fell from heaven. The angels in this interpretation are trying to destroy mankind instead of eating them like in the original bible transcripts(Same idea). This series is a great interpretation of a lot of unknown aspects of the Bible and throwing in a little Freud and some elements of B.F. Skinners take on behaviours(such as the Absolute Terror Field which is created by children without a strong Female in their life,usually males Frued states abused children can create an AT barrier to keep others away)(Hypotheticaly but in this series it visually appears as a shield or as an attack weapon as in the knife). On the outside this is a great animated movie by studio Gainax/ studio I.G. but when your dwelve into the actual plot of is so beautifully orchestrated chaos. The game Xenogears was loosely based off this anime although more on the Psych aspect. This series has yet to be matched by any anime. I caught wind of this anime since I'm a big fan of MacrossPlus. I've been an anime fan since my pops went to Japan in the early 80s and always had awesome Mecha toys when he came back. This is a series you cannot passup. Rent them or buy them but take an entire day because you'll want to just watch the entire series all the way thru, its that good.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:16 pm

System Shocker, if you're going to make claims like that, you'd better be able to provide more than claims. As it goes, your post screams of rumors, misconceptions, and just outright falsehoods to the point of being nearly satirical.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:00 am

The bible? More like it draws inspiration from a lot of apocrypha (plausible evangelium, such as that of Longinus) and obscure jewish scriptures not applicable to christian faith.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:05 am

...references like the ubiquitous crosses and crucifictions / the Way to God, and the Spear of Longinus nonwithstanding. Those are all distinctly NOT Jewish, AFAIK. (But, incidentally, are the Way to God and the Spear of Longinus actually mentioned by name in Christian canon?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:43 am

I did flip through my bible, but found no other mention than this. You can see this is "The Passion" too;

Joh 19:34
(...)Then came the soldiers, and broke the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they broke not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
And he that saw bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe(...)

There's a nifty program called e-sword for all your bible-needs.

EDIT: Wikipedia has some interesting info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear_of_Destiny

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:11 am

Yeah, I didn't think the name "Spear of Longinus" was anywhere in the original text... I did sit through "Passion", but I actually thought it was horrible as a movie. (And... THE WRISTS YOU MORONS THE WRISTS!!!)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:19 am

Takumi Fujiwara wrote:[OMG_Offtopic]

Am I the only person around here who actually started a pseudoreligion based off Evangelion and its Christian roots?

[/OMG_Offtopic]

My brother and his friends started a religion based on Pokemon, but they denounced it when Nintendo started recylcing the games. :roll:

I love Evangelion, but I really do feel like some people take it way too seriously. Not you specifically, but lots of people I've seen who over-analyze thinking they can answer life's mysteries. How can that be possible if Anno himself didn't know the answers? It's not like he had divine inspiration or something... He was just a guy who wanted to make an intelligent Kaju anime.

And while I love Passion of the Christ, the position of the nails did annoy me.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:37 am

Kaysow wrote:There's a nifty program called e-sword for all your bible-needs.

I find www.biblegateway.com quite useful (many different translations in parallel, search engine, ...)

Kaysow wrote:EDIT: Wikipedia has some interesting info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear_of_Destiny

Not a terribly good article (nor the "Holy Lance" one linked to it) as it completely misses the whole Lance and Grail and Joseph of Arimathea and Fisher King and Dolorous Stroke business from the Matter of Britain.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:44 pm

So besides the Lance of Longinus, did the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch play a central role in Eva?
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:49 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:So besides the Lance of Longinus, did the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch play a central role in Eva?

They attempted to use it against the Eleventeenth Angel, but it was really just a dud after all.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”