just warped everything i knew about eva..

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ianthegamer
Embryo

just warped everything i knew about eva..

•      
  •      

Postby ianthegamer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 am

have been watching platinum collection of evangelion and just got to the episode where kagi shows Misato dogma and lillith...At least what I thought was littith.
In this edition They call it Adam instead. Now I cant go back to the original DVD release to see if it was changed or the same since i gave those DVD to my gf...
So was this a change in the platinum edition or is this just part of the story since Kagi doesn't truly know what is going on around him and he just assumes it Adam while we later find out it is lillith.
I re-checked here and it is said to be lillith, I knew it was lillith for Too many years now and even in the rebuild movies Misato openly shows Shinji and calls it lillith.
Why now am i hearing it be called Adam??
Its been many years since I watched the series which is why I don't know the true answer yet,
I completely forgot the second half of evangelion lol

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 am

Watch episode 24' (Director's Cut 24) and all will make sense (depending whether or not you think it's a plothole with Kaworu knowing Gendo has Adam. But it's been theorized he's aware the Angel is Lilith and is just putting on an act for Rei/Shinji so they'd understand what's up.)...

The Angel IS Lilith, but either Kaji is lying to Misato (since he delivered the Adam embryo to Gendo) or he somehow thinks Adam became a huge, white giant.

Also, while it's assumed that Lilith is Lilith in the Rebuild movies, they're a completely different continuity from NGE and should be treated as such (comparing and contrasting character relationships, information about Eva units, etc is NOT going to be the same result).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The Angel IS Lilith, but either Anno is lying to us (since the early script drafts still refer to it as Adam in episode 24) or he somehow thought Adam became a huge, white giant.

Fixed for the other side of the story ;)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianthegamer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ianthegamer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

nice. thanks for the link. its so hard to search old threads here. this thread has no become useless other than to guide others to the correct one

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 pm

The White Giant is still Adam in the earliest known draft of the script for episode 24. The story was made up as it went, so when Kaji told Misato that the White Giant was Adam, at that point in production Kaji was correct. Adam actually being a Lilith fills in the missing 2nd Angel.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Hashmal
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hashmal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 am

in the episode with Iruel, Gendo tells Fuyutski that the angel is getting too close to Adam.
a signature would imply there was something I wanted you to read every time I posted.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Adam actually being a Lilith fills in the missing 2nd Angel.

Yep, from early on in the story, there was a 2nd Angel missing.

Hashmal wrote:in the episode with Iruel, Gendo tells Fuyutski that the angel is getting too close to Adam.

It's been debated that although Gendo is speaking to Fuyutsuki, either he's saying that because the others are with him in the room (and keeping up with the fiction that Lilith = Adam) OR perhaps it does have something to do with Adam embryo's current location/the process of grafting Adam onto his hand. (The boring answer is it again deals with something in the production process. :tongue: )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:08 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Yep, from early on in the story, there was a 2nd Angel missing.

Which could've been any number of things. Kaworu being the second angel makes the most sense and would retain internal consistency within the show, as he was created and seen 15 years earlier.

It's been debated that although Gendo is speaking to Fuyutsuki, either he's saying that because the others are with him in the room (and keeping up with the fiction that Lilith = Adam)

But most of the others aren't supposed to know that Adam or Lilith are being held at Nerv. What difference would that make?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”