[LAEM] finally

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:In production... whatever.

Though, in all likelihood, it's probably still stuck in development hell. And I'll bet in the long run, a better movie could be made chronicling the development hell and the fan reaction to this project.

I'm more inclined to believe that this won't be leaving Development Hell either. It reminds me of the Wonder Woman film. There's been talks of it and announcements of screenplays being written, actresses considered for the role, etc. for six years or so now; yet the fact remains that there is no film and won't be one for a while. The same seems to apply to the live action Evangelion film. Being "in production" is such a broad and undefined state that it rarely seems to mean anything.

The Eva Monkey wrote:And I'll bet in the long run, a better movie could be made chronicling the development hell and the fan reaction to this project.

"Better" I'm not so sure of. There's only so much of Matt Greenfield one can take in one-sitting without the aid of narcotics... He's like Santa but always bringing gifts of brain tumors or something. Horrible.

perfected_sound
Adam

Postby perfected_sound » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote: And I'll bet in the long run, a better movie could be made chronicling the development hell and the fan reaction to this project.

Sadly quoting the infinite wisdom of evamonkey for truth. I think it would most likely suck in the event that they make it anyway. I mean, there really aren't even very many really great actors these days, especially kids, so even if it did get made: Live Action Evangelion>=<Live Action Gundam. But there was once a pretty good live action parasite eve that was pretty okay, though it was Japanese.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:10 pm

I'm sure casual readers on this site have seen my rants against the total disaster that will be a Live Action Evangelion what with Halle Berry Misato's and Nicolas Cage Kaji's and all (basically, any big name actor that says "Hey, I've heard of that. What I'd play Gendo? Brilliant, it gives me, legendary screen actor Matthew Lillard, a chance to show my skills!).

It's gonna be a shit movie. In fact, I'm of the opinon that all things Eva not centered around Hideaki Anno has been shit. This is his story (for better or worse depending on how you feel about the ending) and with Rebuild coming out now a whole 'nother version seems even more superfluous and unnecessary than anything ADV has done. (I seriously dread the day when a live action Eva DVD comes out with a whole 1 hour documentary extra detailing ADV'S rise to fame with Eva, chronicling how classless culture visionary Matthew Greenfield and his creative team of obnoxious Texas whor-er...actresses made something special. ...the documentary might mention something about some Japanese and this studio GAINAX...GAYNAX...who cares, it ain't Texas.)

I'm of the opinion that this movie is still NOT underway. ADV has given the same answer for the past five years.

Q: "Excuse me, is the Shitty Eva underway?"

ADV HACK: "Oh yes. We have a script. It's on DVD. The platinum Eva DVD's that is."

Q: "Do you have a director?"

ADV HACK: "Yes. As in second a Paul W.S. Anderson type comes along and proposes a Eva film that can be done as cheap as possible."

Q: "Is it not gonna suck?"

A: "I can't answer that at this time."

Anime movies are not going to attract any real quality directors sadly. The Wachowski Clan (not Brothers now, remember) delivered a brilliant film with Bound, and then a decent characterless Psychology 101 lecture with The Matrix but any sense of the little talent they had disappeared up their own asses somewhere between the 5th Kung Fu fight in Part 2 and when one of them got their cock cut off.
Basically, the way I see it is that Greenfield and ADV are a bit of a narcissitic company. I rarely hear them giving out props to the actual creators of the shows they sell but I hear them always drop praise on TIffany Grant's performance (her only talent was she made Asuka more of a bitch than every before....thats not acting Tif, thats being yourself) so I can see ADV wanting to get in the studio game and finance and control their own film. So I see them having a director for hire.

There's at least the warmth knowing it won't be as bad (or equally bad) as the in production DRAGONBALL movie. Directed by James Wong. A true third tier director.
So look at the James Wongs (Final Destination, X Files Movie, The One) of the world to make an Eva movie. Guys like Joss Whedons, Justin Lin's, and Kurt Wimmers will make an Eva movie.
Not the Cronenbergs, Lynchs, Scotts, or Stones of the film world.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:34 pm

Perhaps someone young, unknown, and bearing real originality is gonna waltz onto the set and blow everybody's mind, making this his/her first step towards autuerdom.

Bullshit, it'll never happen.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:47 pm

Apparently someone else heard the same thing: http://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?p=6221689, specifically this post: http://www.animenation.net/forums/showpost.php?p=6220812&postcount=33

Williams: All I can say about the Eva live action movie is that its in production. 3 different companies have to sign off on it, before I can say anything
Con Goer: Who is going to start in it, can we get Monica (Rial)
Williams: I can't say anything about it
Con Goer: Who is directing?
Williams: I can' say anything about it
Con Goer: Who is financing it
Williams: I can't say anything about it

But so far, no video feeds. So while it backs up zandor's information, I remain very skeptical.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Queerscantsayanythingaboutit?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 pm

WTF?!

Me... getting... confuse....

Head.... HURTTTTS!