Star Wars Battlefront

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 pm

^I've gotten slotted as Empire every time and I haven't won on Endor once. I think I've played maybe 11 games of Walker Assault on that map so far. Added to those dirty Rebels and their camo, second set of uplinks with the walkways up in the trees makes getting one Walker to the finish line almost impossible.

The challenge makes it more fun in my book, was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

Also, do you think a Conquest mode will be in one of the next "expansions"?
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm a bit too lazy to look up for the walker assault mode but if anyone is willing to expose some experience/pov game vid I'm all ears etc. Basically what do you think of it

ArgonLeviticusGospel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ArgonLeviticusGospel » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 pm

How does it compare to the previous Battlefront games? Because I haven't heard good things and my expectations are not that high, especially with AAA games these days.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 pm

View Original PostArgonLeviticusGospel wrote:How does it compare to the previous Battlefront games? Because I haven't heard good things and my expectations are not that high, especially with AAA games these days.

For the most part it's not very similar, but not entirely dissimilar either. The closest thing to the authentic Battlefront experience are the Supremacy matches. Other than that it's pretty much a straightforward fps with a Star Wars take on classic match types, like team deathmatch, capture the flag, domination, etc. The lack of a story mode is disappointing, but the online multiplayer is a lot of fun. It's not as campy and fun as the old Battlefronts, but it's enjoyable as its own shooter.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:24 am

View Original PostGlor wrote:So... has anyone here won Walker Assault on Endor as Imperials yet?

Yes and I am so proud of it.
Leave Shinji alone

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm

View Original PostArgonLeviticusGospel wrote:How does it compare to the previous Battlefront games? Because I haven't heard good things and my expectations are not that high, especially with AAA games these days.

It doesn't. It's nothing like the first two, and that's a real shame. But it's actually a really fun Star Wars game despite the narrowed focus. At least give it a rent, don't just skip it if you're a Star Wars fan.

I just wish this had been an entirely new series (Star Wars: Battlefield), that way I could still pine away for a more traditional threequel.
Last edited by Chainsaw Owl on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Set phasers to thrill.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:47 am

I don't have a PS4 so I can't play the game, but I've been watching Achievement Hunter's Let's Plays. The graphics and effects are really nice, especially the models for Vader and Palpatine. Hard to comment on the gameplay when you're watching someone else do it :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 am

So far, aside from obvious balancing issues and lack of content, I've been enjoying Battlefront.

Had a particularly bad stretch of games tonight though to the point I wanted to put my fist through the screen, which is nothing new when it comes to shooters for me when things take a very abysmal turn.

That aside though I've found it fun, though I've had very average to mediocre games (Personal performance) Not sure if I should blame my lack of finding a load-out that clicks with me (Which following past experience is usually some very unorthodox setup, that I can make work and that few others can) or I just outright suck at shooters now.

I know Hero Hunt and Walker Assault on Endor as the Empire are the two most infuriating game modes/maps for me. I have very little playtime with any of the heroes so I suck with them, and taking them on as a normal trooper is quite difficult for me when going against a skilled player, since I don't have a good feel for what to do. Thankfully a buddy I was playing with tonight during my bad streak helped talk me down and tried to explain some strategies for dealing with them, which I'm thankful for.

I'm hoping once I unlock the EE-3 (One more level!) that things massively improve, since I have played with that blaster vs the AI and I am nearly unstoppable with it. Human players are vastly different than AI of course, but I do much better with it than any other gun in the game.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 am

^Just the other day I was thinking I suck at Battlefront until I changed my loadout. Just mess around with everything until you find what works. I had high hopes for the EE-3 as well. It really is a great blaster, but most other people you get matched up with have it unlocked too and I guess it just isn't my style. I wasn't doing so hot with it for a while and ended up going back to the E-11 and A280. Performance improved.

I haven't really come up with any sure-fire ways to deal a lot of damage to Heroes. Usually my encounters with them involve a lot of screaming for help. At least if it's Luke or Vader.

Oh, try using Explosive Shot with the EE-3 whenever you get it. Worked well for me when I was still using it. What loadout do you have set up now?
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:24 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:Had a particularly bad stretch of games tonight though to the point I wanted to put my fist through the screen, which is nothing new when it comes to shooters for me when things take a very abysmal turn.

I'm very, very bad at multiplayer shooters, to the point that i'm too used to my failures to even get mad. I played CS:GO for the first time, and got 8 deaths and 1 kill in three rounds, and that single kill didn't count because it was my teammate. Whoops.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:10 am

View Original PostGlor wrote: What loadout do you have set up now?

I run with two now that are basically the same except for the weapon. For large maps I'm now using the EE-3 and for smaller maps I use the DH-17. Cards are Jetpack, Impact grenade, and now explosive shot with the Survivor trait. Had a little better time tonight, but still nothing noteworthy really. I'm in K/D recovery mode trying to claw my way back up after plummeting like a rock. So I've been staying back and picking people off well outside of the main hotzone, or trying anyways.

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I'm very, very bad at multiplayer shooters, to the point that i'm too used to my failures to even get mad. I played CS:GO for the first time, and got 8 deaths and 1 kill in three rounds, and that single kill didn't count because it was my teammate. Whoops.

I've had games go that way before, and it's never fun. I suppose I'm very rusty after not really playing any multiplayer shooters for 2-3 years. Some days, it's just not your day or even game for that matter.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

PG 134
Adam

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:12 pm

My roommate and I still play the original Battlefront from time to time so K/D ratio has not been much of an issue for me when playing this type of shooter. Now the CoDs on the other hand just results in either breaking even or negative. I just miss the communication I had when playing Socom to actually work as a team towards an objective with coordination. I've been enjoying the game so far trying to get trophies. May end up being my first platinum!

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Bahhhhhh. So I picked this game to be my first Platinum trophy. I have knocked out almost every single multiplayer trophy. Turns out the last one I need, 'Playing the Objective', is glitched and will not properly be given once qualifications have been made. In order to receive the trophy, one needs to get the most kills in a match of Blast. According to sources online, one can currently get it ONLY if you get the most kills AND the timer runs out. This typically requires picking through maps until you find a match with around 10 players or less in it in order to pretty much guarantee you have a chance at it. The worst part is that has been known since mid November yet it has not been resolved. Guess I'll just put the game down for awhile until I feel like scanning for matches over and over.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 pm

^ I'm a achievement/trophy hunter, that would drive me up the wall... so besides that was BF easy to platinum?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:57 pm

I have not received it yet BUT I should achieve it within a month. For multiplayer trophies, the pain in the arse part was that anytime I picked a specific one to go for, it was not as easy to obtain or even come close to. Luck was not on my side and it really tested my patience. I have done half of the "Missions". I can get the parts of completing under Master difficulty but it is really hard for me to get Master accomplished while not losing 40 points to the enemy. The walker one about trampling enemies was a pain before I became aware that HOLDING the L3 does sprint. Really just patience patience patience...

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue May 10, 2016 8:04 pm

It's official: EA's next Star Wars Battlefront is planned to launch in 2017.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/new-star-war ... oming-2017

I hope the next one is Republic vs CIS. If it is I'll just skip the current SWBF entirely and wait for that.
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed May 11, 2016 2:23 pm

The Battlefront reboot is something that many wanted, but EA went and screwed it up.

I agree with Iron, it'd be cool to see the Republic and CIS fight each other in the next one. My major problem with this new series is that along with the later, there should've been so much stuff in this game at launch that wan't included or DLC.

-Space Battles
-Campaign
-More Classes
-Galactic Conquest

Just to name a few.

They really shouldn't be in a position to make a brand new game when the one they released is so crappy. I didn't even buy the game, but I can tell, you play it for a few hours and then never go back to it again.

Maybe it was wrong to think this was going to be the long awaiting Battlefront III. I know I am like over a year late in posting this, but the fact they are going to make a new game while that last one is incomplete really irritates me. I think it was too hard for them just to look at Battlefront II and see what worked and expand on it, not shrink it which is what they did.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:when the one they released is so crappy. I didn't even buy the game, but I can tell, you play it for a few hours and then never go back to it again.

Maybe it was wrong to think this was going to be the long awaiting Battlefront III. I know I am like over a year late in posting this, but the fact they are going to make a new game while that last one is incomplete really irritates me. I think it was too hard for them just to look at Battlefront II and see what worked and expand on it, not shrink it which is what they did.

The horrifying possibility is that even in the next one flops EA is just going to start spewing them out on a yearly basis until the franchise fizzles out.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed May 11, 2016 4:16 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:The Battlefront reboot is something that many wanted, but EA went and screwed it up.

Classic EA. I still have fun with Battlefront, but not having the Space battles, Conquest, etc, is a huge let down.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The horrifying possibility is that even in the next one flops EA is just going to start spewing them out on a yearly basis until the franchise fizzles out.

At this point in time, I'm not horrified by anything regarding EA, their only proven track record in the past ten years has been in Battlefield game publishing and gobbling up IP's and trashing the studios that cannot meet their incredulous demands, so that in effect, no one else can possibly use these beloved franchises, EA grabbed and garroted LucasArt's goldenboy, Pandemic Studio's back in the day and Lucas selling his franchise to Disney, giving the game publishing license to EA, meant that there was no chance of anything good coming out. Just look at this thread, everyone was hyped up about Battlefront III, played it, almost 5 months later and nothing has been posted, I don't hear people talking about Battlefront III anywhere, a complete fizzle, Battlefront III is probably fun, but It lacks any real depth to it, I'm afraid that's EA for you.

How anyone can believe that EA is good for their games boggles my mind.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”