What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Just got a PSP this morning and have been messing around Crisis Core. It's all good. ^_^

Otherwise I've been messing around with The New Super Mario Bros. on mah DS and have been working my way through Kingdom Hearts. Yay!

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Diablo 2
Homeworld 2 (I'm trying to find time to torrent the previous reincarnations)
Starcraft
Tetris?
Counterstrike 1.6
Anarchy Online
(I'm waiting for) TDZK: FLeets (to return)

Also, I'm a slave to the Korean improvements to the basic WoW Idea.

I have a guilty liking to

Rappelz (Hey, realistic breast size? Sign me on!)

, and I fear that if I try any other ones I will explode into a million fragments.

And, when I have a stable income and a powerful computer,

Guild Wars' Expansions
Anarchy Online's Expansions

EVE ONLINE.

If I had a console, and more TIME (and money, of course), I would try out the new games. But since I have more pressing matters to focus on, I will leave my gamer shade of mine alone, possibly for a long time. Besides, Rappelz, AO, and EO have a huuuuge universe to explore. Homeworld 2 players only get better and more confidant that Homeworld 3 will appear and will be a Starcraft 2 and C&C4 killer, or whatever. Lol I wish too, friends. No, I'll be set with the games I know about for a while, if I ever return to gaming.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:08 am

Hey ThePRPD and Mongoosedog if you guys are interested i can give you a link to a site where people are digging out the depth of DBZ fighting games etc

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:02 am

It's okay, no thanks.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

Postby Xeroko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 am

Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age, MW2, etc., so many games to play this month...
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Rei-Rei
Embryo

Postby Rei-Rei » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Chrono Cross at the moment.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:It's okay, no thanks.

aight

Tekken 6 still....

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Currently in the first chapter of an FF marathon (all the main games from 1-through 12 sans 11), along with Rapid Reptile Muncher and unperson no. 8.

Got 2 crystals, and the class change, just about to get into the submarine.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:50 am

STILL playing FF4: The After Years... the grinding just never ends! I swear this last scenario must have at least 30 boss fights so far.

I also scoured the bargain bin today to pick up Disgaea and Etrian Oddysey for my DS... couldn't find used copies of DQ4 or Front Mission though.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 am

Turok 1, 2, 3. Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Jet Force Gemeni. a lot more n64 games.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm

kingdom hearts 358/2 days. awesome.

still play pkmn platinum too haha
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Still SVR 2010. Im looking for some at least decent Xena, Gabrielle and La Blue Girl CAWs. :devil: Ive already downloaded all of DX, Brock Lesnar, Rhino and Raven off of LIVE. I am also looking for one of Mick Foley with his Mankind, Cactus Jack and Dude Love persona attires as well.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rock-Slash » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Final Fantasy V Advance, now I remenber why I always thought this game is underrated in the FF series, spectacular gameplay so many jobs, so many combinations, so many enemies that need their own strategy, fantastic music as always, and the characters and villians are pretty good, but I guess people love watching Cloud moping for his identity or Cecil in a bad mood after Kain betray him again, and Gilgamesh is just plain awesome it can't be denied nor omitted.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 pm

I thought FFV was the weakest of the SNES generation, personally. All that customization means that the characters have no true personality (lampshaded when one gets killed and is immediately replaced by a new character who just happens to have exactly the same skills) and requires hours of grinding to keep your group reasonably flexible towards the end.

Gilgamesh was awesome though, can't deny that.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 am

Mirror's Edge is amazing!!!!! :w00t: Seriously I haven't had this much fun with a game in such a long time. :smirk: The cartoon cut-scenes fit in real well with the rest of the game (they have this kinda eSurance kinda feel to it) and I don't think I've ever had so much fun jumping around. ^_^

GEEEHHHH!

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rock-Slash » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 am

I thought FFV was the weakest of the SNES generation, personally. All that customization means that the characters have no true personality (lampshaded when one gets killed and is immediately replaced by a new character who just happens to have exactly the same skills) and requires hours of grinding to keep your group reasonably flexible towards the end.

Gilgamesh was awesome though, can't deny that.

A fan of predeterminated jobs/skills, I assume. The customization was what sold the game to me because I hate FFIV's gameplay, too linear from beginning to end Rydia was practically the only character that had more than 2 choices to pick on her turn.

For me, the skills doesn't define the character his or her personality and background does it, and the job system guarantees that all characters can be different in battle even after mastering all the jobs with everyone, unlike other systems. About Krile, she didn't have the same skills of Galuf from the beginning, after his dead theres a scene in which he gives her a memento with all his abilities, and it was that or building her jobs from zero.

As for the grinding, well I didn't need to do that to beat the Rift just a little to defeat Ex-Death, mostly I experimented different things, throwing weapons with the ninja, using blue magic, support summons, even the bard's songs were extremely usefull in some places and the ability Mix of the chemist is an early game breaker if you have the right items.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 am

I've been playing Killer7 again and I never want to stop, it's a true masterpiece. I love everything about it; the incredibly stylistized graphics with the occasional animated cut-scenes, the atmosphere of dread and confusion, the convoluted plot that makes exposition something to beg for, as opposed to bored of. It's so stuffed full of metaphors and cryptic-ism and I love it all.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am

Rock-Slash wrote:A fan of predeterminated jobs/skills, I assume.

It depends. If it's a game where I'm basically just this one guy I want as much customization as possible because it's my dude. If it's a party-based game, however, it feels better to me for each character to have a role that defines them, such that who you put in your party is a tactical choice (assuming there are such choices, of course... FF4 is linear as hell, quite true). In that case I'd still rather each character had a set of unique branching options for character growth, perhaps along the lines of Dragon Quest 8 or Sword of Mana 3... or hell, like Diablo 2 maybe.

As for the grinding, well I didn't need to do that to beat the Rift

I did it for the job levels, not the character levels. I wanted to have my characters each with several jobs mastered before I went through the gate of no return, and in some cases that took a while... mostly because I'd been screwing around with a little bit of everything along the way and hadn't really focused until that point.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Reinstalled Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus, playing through both of them in tandem. Up to the Paramite temple in Oddysee and the Slig Barracks in Exoddus. These games are so awesome.

Also playing through DBZ Raging Blast, which is fun as hell. Modern Warfare 2 is great also, but I don't have online multiplayer capacity :(. The co-op mode is worthwhile, though. There's a lot of replay value there, it just gets frustrating sometimes.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 am

I got MW2 today for the Xbox360. So my game playing list is Dragonball Raging Blast, Call of Duty: MW2, and Killzone 2 (I still need to finish it).
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”