Blazblue

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:40 am

Most likely thing is that she's just be old lambda with her moveset from CS and a new drive, this is probably to appeal to players who can't get used to new Nu and her phase shift, she'll have different effects but she's probably going to have her old sprite, Mori only made a new sprite for Noel because she's his waifu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:01 am

But didn't CP!Nu already inherited part of Lambda's playstyle, notably the stance system?

Speaking of Noel, I am the only one who really don't like her new attire in CP?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:But didn't CP!Nu already inherited part of Lambda's playstyle, notably the stance system?

Do you mean stance change system? If so that's something entirely new that was added in CP, Lambda never had that so Nu couldn't inherit it. Nu inherited the moves that Lambda had in CS though if that's what you really mean. That's the entire reason why stance change was even implemented.

Dia Forma - Nu
Luna Forma - Lambda

Yeah, I don't mind Noels new outfit but her original still looks better to me.

MORE NEWS: http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/24/arc-system-works-releases-gameplay-details-for-blazblue-chronophantasma-newcomers-celica-a-mercury-and-lambda-11/

They're changing both Nu and Lambda's playstyles.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Opening movie for Blazblue Chronophantasma 2.0. So this is basically the updated version of Chronophantasma for arcade machines, with Lambda and Celica. I'm hoping that it gets ported to consoles at some point. That scene of Lambda vs. Nu in the opening is impressive, to say the least.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 am

well while I figured CP extend was going be a thing cant say i foresaw it coming to PS4 but at least it's coming to Ps3 as well though
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/16/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-announced-ps3-ps4-xbox-one/
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:00 pm

^If they could work Lambda's resurrection into Story Mode that would be awesome.

And I'm nothing like you

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 pm

I bought Continuum Shift Extend on Steam yesterday, glad to see it on steam.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:35 pm

they're adding a remix heart story scenario to CP extend which will see Mai and Cajun in there, Mai is voiced by Saori Hayami, while Cajun is voiced by Saki Fujita. Seeing as how they're including Mai in here I'll bet we'll see him playable in BB4 or maybe as a DLC character. Also each version of the game come with straps The PlayStation 4 version includes a Celica A. Mercury strap, the PS3 version a Noel Vermillion strap, and the Xbox One version a Mai Natsume strap

also for those who aren't aware remix heart is a spin off manga 24 chapters long 22 of which have been translated
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41823/BlazBlue:_Remix_Heart
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:15 am

Mai and Cajun, you mean the two characters from that spin-off manga with the guy that got gender-swapped and rips with shameless fanservice, which is the only think that could be of somewhat interest of this whole story?

Joy. :rolleyes:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 am

Chronophantasma extend OP is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RwMVaug31A, it's far better animation wise than the original CP opening.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 pm

^Probably because they seem to have finally realised that the animation studio who did the Alter Memory anime is pretty crap and recycled a lot of stuff from the anime for the Chronophantasma vids. The animation style in the Extend OP is similar to the animation of the Calamity Trigger console opening.

Lambda also gets a scene in the Extend OP, which does seem to further emphasise that they are bringing her back into the story for realz like her Arcade Mode ending shows.

And I'm nothing like you

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:11 am

new blazblue central fiction was announced, its making Hibiki (kagura's subordinate) and Naoto (an alternate dimension Ragna from the light novels the bloodedge experience) playable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxXGVJSINHk
the new character art is also being done by the CS artist

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:13 am

^It looks like they're keeping Lambda in it, so it seems her survival is canon~

Terumi, Hazama and Platinum are back, though -.-

As usual there was a big flash of tantalizing but individually meaningless plot CGs towards the end...

Also, dat flash of playable Nine at the end :D

And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:^It looks like they're keeping Lambda in it, so it seems her survival is canon~

Terumi, Hazama and Platinum are back, though -.-

And judging by the glimpses of CGs, at least Hazama/Terumi is back in the story... seriously make him stay dead already, he was erased from fucking time itself, how much more dead does he need to be to not come back!
But yeah, I see the explanation coming a mile away that Terumi, master planner that he is, had a contingency for the case Hakumen comes back and use his Time Killer power on him, or something like that.

Now let's see if they found an explanation too for Lambda and Platinum's return if it's part of the story too (meaning that they are not limited to the Arcade or Versus modes), if they really all survived that would be fucking ridiculous, I mean even comic books villains died for good from time to time!

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Also, dat flash of playable Nine at the end :D

I want to say "about fucking time", they have been teasing us with Phantom (honestly, who didn't thought it was Nine?) since CS.
And now we'll surely have to wait for a DLC or Central Fiction (seriously, what's that name!?) Extend to have Jubei and finally have the full Six Heroes roster.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:23 am

^Well, if Hazama survived then Platinum has to survive as well, since they went out together.

Not really complaining about Lambda because she's one of my fave characters (other than Nu, and Nu's benn a bit of a bitch throughout CP).

And I'm nothing like you

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Arcade release of CF is out now and Nine was announced to be added in two weeks after release
here's her trailer and famitsu article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub1LqatBC9I
also according to Mori the game's producer Nine does not have a drive

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Blazblue

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 am

Saya is now playable and she has Dio time stops which I can get behind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKFR90OQ-aQ

cyberoutlaw101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cyberoutlaw101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:41 pm

BlazBlue: Central Fiction will release in North America this winter. The Japanese release date will on October 6, while the Europe release will be in Q4 2016. The latest playable character added is Mai Natsume for the console version. The limited edition for Central fiction will include 4 items.

1. A collectors box

2. Deluxe Hardcover Art Book

3. Mini Noel Vermillion Nendoroid Figure

4. BlazBlue Song Interlude III Soundtrack

As a final note Aksys Games has stated on twitter that the game will not contain an English dub and there are no plans to add an English dub post release

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:48 pm

How did I never notice this topic? I was playing Chronophantasma Extend (on Steam) just moments ago. I've gotten HUGELY into this series through a friend of mine, and we have a blast playing against each other. It's the first fighting game that's not Smash that I've ever gotten seriously into, enough to try to figure out combos and the like. Story-wise, I'm currently working through Continuum Shift Extend.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

cyberoutlaw101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cyberoutlaw101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Admittedly I have only played the first game (Calamity Trigger) and when I bought the game used I had no prior knowledge about the game, you could call it a "blind buy". From what I have played of the game I quite enjoyed the variety and creativity of the playstyles of the 12 fighters in the first game. The newest game that is about to be released has renewed my interest in the series with a much larger roster however, I only have a vague idea of the development of the plot at the current moment.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”