Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Pardon?

Moon Sugar is implied (if not outright stated?) to be the main ingredient in Skooma production. ^_^
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:37 am

There's no need for sorrow, Queen. I died once already. I can't die twice.
Most awesome quote of MGS2, really, I wasn't expecting him to say these words, it was really too hard to guess (sarcasm) and the enemies are so damn clever, they can't see shit more than 10 inches away. [s]Very very good game[/s] f**k this overrated shit.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:38 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Moon Sugar is implied (if not outright stated?) to be the main ingredient in Skooma production.

Oh, I read a bit about Caius's Moon Sugar and Skooma addiction afterward - I took the item at the time because it was new and interesting and on somebody's table. Unlike later games, Morrowind doesn't tell you when taking partciular items is stealing (I guess that is a better role-playing thing to do though).

Anyway I reloaded the earlier save file since it wasn't that far behind. Next up is the Dwemer Puzzle Box, which I would have actually had started on today if I had found the entrance to Arkngthand - unless that bit with the boulder is actually the entrance, but gah, I'll look at it later.
Voluntary Illusion.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 pm

I've been playing GTA IV again. It's been years since it's been released, but I have yet to beat the main story or the DLC, because I always seem to get sidetracked by the video game cruelty potential. GTA IV doesn't have anywhere near as much content as San Andreas, but the physics engine and the new gameplay mechanics make it incredibly fun. One of my favorite things to do is to injure someone, wait for the ambulance to arrive and for him to go into the back, then jack the ambulance and drive off like a lunatic. The ensuing screams of terror are hilarious.

Needless to say, I'm definitely looking forward to the fifth iteration. Rockstar knows and understands fun like few other companies do.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded was actually really fun.

Playing Bioshock 2 now. It's not as good overall than the previous game but it has better combat. If you get the hankering to replay Bioshock I suggest buying 2 in the inevitable sale and playing that instead. The faster pace means you get the fun guns faster, plus the melee weapon is a drill.

Oh, and in Morrowind you can take off all your clothes. This causes even people that hate you to talk to you, to say "What are you doing you crazy idiot". From there you can use your speech skill or bribe them to improve their disposition.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:02 pm

CX1329, what's your favorite GTA entry? i can't decide whether it's Vice City or Sand Andreas for me, and i've played nearly all of them except for the 60's London ones, Stories, GTA2, and obviously the one that hasn't come out yet (lookin' pretty good at this point)

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:CX1329, what's your favorite GTA entry? i can't decide whether it's Vice City or Sand Andreas for me, and i've played nearly all of them except for the 60's London ones, Stories, GTA2, and obviously the one that hasn't come out yet (lookin' pretty good at this point)

2 is free man. It's probably the best one, at least in terms of missions.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:CX1329, what's your favorite GTA entry? i can't decide whether it's Vice City or Sand Andreas for me, and i've played nearly all of them except for the 60's London ones, Stories, GTA2, and obviously the one that hasn't come out yet (lookin' pretty good at this point)

My top 3 are San Andreas, IV and Vice City, in that order. I'm placing San Andreas above IV because of the gigantic map and the huge variety of things to do in that game. You could explore the countryside, work out in the gym, learn new moves, fly a wide variety of airplanes (including a fighter jet), go to three different cities and even drive a train. Video games can't get much more ambitious and interactive than that, and the execution was nearly flawless.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:My top 3 are San Andreas, IV and Vice City, in that order. I'm placing San Andreas above IV because of the gigantic map and the huge variety of things to do in that game. You could explore the countryside, work out in the gym, learn new moves, fly a wide variety of airplanes (including a fighter jet), go to three different cities and even drive a train. Video games can't get much more ambitious and interactive than that, and the execution was nearly flawless.

that, and all the characters were pretty memorable; i HATED Officer Tenpenny with a burning anger that rivaled 10,000 suns losing bets on the winning racehorse

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 pm

I'd pick SA too for being the more refined game but I prefer the 80s sound of VC. Yeah, I'm white.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I'd pick SA too for being the more refined game but I prefer the 80s sound of VC. Yeah, I'm white.

you don't have to feel ashamed, that game had a killer soundtrack/period feel; well, most of the GTA series do, but that one in particular was ridiculously awesome

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Since I hacked my psp I started playing through the rest of Falcom's Sora no Kiseki games (with the help of walkthrough), so damn worth it. After that I have Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki and i'm done with the games I've been waiting on to be localized but never were for two years now! ^_^

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Okay, I have to say that Otacon's speech has really struck me.

Both you and I... We were always alone... always...We only wanted to be loved... we were always waiting…waiting for somebody... somebody who would love us...But we were wrong... You can't wait to be loved. You have to go out and find it.

Most decent moment in the game? Maybe yes.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Steam Sales have begun!

And I have absolutely no drive to buy anything yay

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm

I just finished MGS2, I can clearly say that it's really a piece of shit now. I just started MGS3, I should complete the first two chapters after that since I have the HD version though.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 pm

MGS2 is a great experience first and foremost, "game" not so much

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Bought Hitman: Absolution today, because it was really relly rlly cheep (19,50 Euros) from the place i bought it. Tomorrow we shall see it thine assassin skills are as great as they say, agent 47. :sniper:

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:34 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:MGS2 is a great experience first and foremost, "game" not so much
It was good in 2001, but today there are thousand of games better than that and the story is filled with BS.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Steam Sales have begun!

Yeah, but I don't plan to buy much, as I've still got a hefty backlog of stuff that I haven't played from the last sale. Maybe a few cheap indie titles and all the skyrim dlc stuff.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:43 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Steam Sales have begun!

It's weird, I feel like I should buy something but there's nothing I don't already have.

I bought Killing Floor during the free-to-play discount weekend last week, though. It's a bit repetitive but also quite tricky and rather fun if you get the hang of it.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”