What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 pm

View Original PostAlexanderSoryuu wrote: Corpse Party

I second this
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm

View Original PostAlexanderSoryuu wrote:Fatal Frame
Excellent taste.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 pm

The only survivor horror games that come to mind that haven't been brought up yet...

Parasite Eve 1&2(PS1, PSN)

Haunting Ground(PS2, PSN)

Siren 1&2(PS2) Siren:Blood Curse(PS3)

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:00 am

Been playing modded Minecraft with Twilight Forest. Spent more than three hours lighting up two floors of a Labyrinth (a really big maze that has minotaurs in it), long but the good kind of grind that I like. Doesn't mean I'll do another one though, there are other features in this mod that I haven't looked into yet...
Voluntary Illusion.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:38 am

Previously, on Monk Ed:
View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:*hyperventilates*

This just had to happen as I was considering when I should perform the honorary ritual of bringing up the desktop computer from the basement to the sunroom for the first time of the season to usher in the annual continuation of the holy Deus Ex replay I've been chipping away at each summer for a few years now.

I did just that in the wee hours of this calendar morning. And it was glooorious... if brief, cuz I spent most of the time allotted to the purpose updating things because I hadn't turned that machine on in a few weeks (a month?) and wanted to sit outside soon thereafter to participate in the sunrise.

Next up (not today) is something similar for Resident Evil 0, which I beat at the tail end of last summer (second or third time ever, first time in years) with a lingering desire to play through it again, which has flared up again with the season (and has nothing to do with recent talk of the classic RE games but is certainly not helped by it). But unlike with Deus Ex I'll be starting a fresh playthrough of this one, and it's gonna be grand!

Oooo there are so few things quite like a playthrough of an original-breed Resident Evil game, with all that long-term thinking and careful planning yet short-enough playthroughs so that it's never a big hassle to consider starting a new one every now and then.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 am

View Original PostAlexanderSoryuu wrote:Killing Floor

While KF is an amazing game, I don't think I'd consider it Survival Horror. Except maybe on Hell on Earth with pubs. That's quite the horrific experience.

Edit:

New Deus Ex is a shooter for mobile and tablet devices.

:gunmouth:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 pm

I seriously saw that coming, what a disappointment :thumbsdown: .

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:18 pm

I never asked for this.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:19 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I never asked for this.
Nobody did.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:30 pm

"Deus Ex becomes a mobile phone game".

How the mighty have fallen.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on the story once you're done.
Dude, yesterday I forgot to mention the most predictable and retarded part of the game, even though it was serious, it made me laugh a lot: right before ending Disk 2, after getting the Phoenix Mirror, I went into Warehouse #8 to talk about it with Master Chen, after that he told me that Lan Di is in Hong Kong, Ryo went to a travel agency to get an airline ticket, but since it was too expensive he asked the florist in the town and she told him that he could have gone to Hong Kong by boat (maybe it was too hard for him, thinking about going by boat?). He found the cheapest and shittiest travel agency in the town and after having asked the woman of the agency, she suddently replied with "Dun worry, I'll take care of it!!! Come back in 3 or 4 hours!" and when he came back, that bitch wasn't there anymore and everyone was like "we don't have any ticket GTFO", he got scammed like a douchebag lol.
Come on, apart from the story which seems rather deep, there's nothing else, because the game became really too old.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:27 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:Dude, yesterday I forgot to mention the most predictable and retarded part of the game, even though it was serious, it made me laugh a lot: right before ending Disk 2, after getting the Phoenix Mirror, I went into Warehouse #8 to talk about it with Master Chen, after that he told me that Lan Di is in Hong Kong, Ryo went to a travel agency to get a flight ticket, but since it's too expensive he asked the florist in the town and she told him that he could have gone to Hong Kong by boat (maybe it was too hard for him, thinking about going by boat?). He found the cheapest and shittiest travel agency in the town and after having asked the woman of the agency, she suddently replied with "Dun worry, I'll take care of it!!! Come back in 3 or 4 hours!" and when he came back, that bitch wasn't there anymore and everyone was like "we don't have any ticket GTFO", he got scammed like a douchebag lol.

Next on our protagonist's agenda: sending money to that nice Nigerian man who needs some help collecting his inheritance.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Next on our protagonist's agenda: sending money to that nice Nigerian man who needs some help collecting his inheritance.
It might happen.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Borderlands 2. Seriously, you lose ~10% of the money you make every time you die?
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:36 pm

That could be the plot for Shenmue III. He falls for a 419 scam and finds himself needing to try to get his money back.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Taken 3 should take place in Nigeria.

"If you give me back my money now, I will forget about this, and I will let you go. But if you don't, I will track you down, I will find you, and I will kill you."
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

View Original PostUriel Septim VII wrote:Taken 3 should take place in Nigeria.

"If you give me back my money now, I will forget about this, and I will let you go. But if you don't, I will track you down, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Well, we've got ourselves a great idea for a movie. I'd watch that.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I suppose that explains why they were so fucking excited about the Wii U touchscreen stuff in the upcoming director's cut rerelease. Still, huge letdown after that tease.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm

View Original PostUriel Septim VII wrote:Borderlands 2. Seriously, you lose ~10% of the money you make every time you die?

Well eventually you accumulate so much wealth that it doesn't matter and you can die as much as required until you take down the enemy. I don't think you actually lose as much as 10% though, generally it seems to be a smaller amount.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”