What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat May 04, 2013 10:23 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I have fond memories of BigTeamBattle on Coagulation in Halo 2. Same goes for SWAT on that map, too.

Coagulation was great because it played well with Halo 2, and the basement they added to each base was also nice. But it just doesn't work with Reach. However Halo 2 is perfect in every way so any map could be considered amazing in that beauty of a game.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Boneyard was the best BTB map, ever. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't appreciate the beauty of The Commonwealth. Hell, even the map description from The Beta was simple but awesome.

Breakpoint and Spire were also good. Hemorrhage sucked though, it was just too plain and open.

Honestly I didn't like Spire too much I hated when everyone would just go to the top of the damn spire and stay there, and Boneyard was cool but it could be pretty awful in team snipers if you were placed on the red team due to the spawn trapping. I liked Hemorrhage although it was like the Valhalla of Reach :lol: and Breakpoint worked pretty well in Reach and is probably one of my favorite maps.
*sigh* just kill me already.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I played that new Star Trek game this week. I can't really recommend it unless you're a big fan. The controls are pretty broken and it's a stock, cookie-cutter plot. It's a Troi's mother episode, in other words.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:and Breakpoint worked pretty well in Reach and is probably one of my favorite maps.

Another error of judgment by 343. Did you know they removed all the DLC playlists from Reach right before Halo 4 came out? The only way to get Breakpoint now is through an Invasion, and even if everyone has the DLC for it, it will almost never show up cause they also added maps into the Invasion Playlist that don't belong, like Countdown and Boardwalk.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat May 04, 2013 10:45 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I played that new Star Trek game this week. I can't really recommend it unless you're a big fan. The controls are pretty broken and it's a stock, cookie-cutter plot. It's a Troi's mother episode, in other words.

It's a movie based game so it's not surprising that it sucks.

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Another error of judgment by 343. Did you know they removed all the DLC playlists from Reach right before Halo 4 came out? The only way to get Breakpoint now is through an Invasion, and even if everyone has the DLC for it, it will almost never show up cause they also added maps into the Invasion Playlist that don't belong, like Countdown and Boardwalk.

Lol I just realized I never played Breakpoint I had it confused with Breakneck which came with the Halo:CE anniversary edition, unfortunately I never bought any DLC for Reach and the only new maps I actually did get were the anniversary ones because they came with CE remake.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Lol I just realized I never played Breakpoint I had it confused with Breakneck which came with the Halo:CE anniversary edition, unfortunately I never bought any DLC for Reach and the only new maps I actually did get were the anniversary ones because they came with CE remake.

Breakpoint was the only good map from the first map pack, but the second map pack was phenomenal. It had a circular asymmetrical space map, Highlands which was a forest BTB map, and a large Firefight map set in a refinery. But as stated earlier, they took DLC play lists and maps out of Reach matchmaking. So they kind of made you waste your money if you got them.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 am

I started playing Blood Dragon today and it was so ridiculously cheesy that I couldn't have dreamed of it being better than it is. It's just like I'm participating in a terrible 80s toy cartoon or action movie. The plot is over-the-top absurd, and I like it.

Everything from the tutorial offering to play the game for you (for a fee, of course), fighting cybernetic t-rexes, and punching out a nuclear reactor is just so unabashedly fun that playing it leaves me with this big dopey grin on my face.

So far I love almost everything about this game. Definitely worth the $10.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 am

Played some Gundam Extreme Versus this weekend.Even though i platinumed the game a long time ago i am still playing online matches.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 am

lolteam scores

Winning has never felt so empty.
Putting this game down for good now :S

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:28 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Image
lolteam scores

Your back must be killing you right now, having to carry your team like that. Your spine must be in shambles right now.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 am

Currently playing good old Fire Emblem.

Pulling of miracles to keep all my fragile soldiers alive, to give them happy ending. T^T
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Your back must be killing you right now, having to carry your team like that. Your spine must be in shambles right now.

Yeah, so I decided to play a real game for a change of pace:
SPOILER: Show
Oh god games can't get any more archaic and generic than RO2.
At least it's cute and isn't buggy

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun May 05, 2013 5:53 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:But as stated earlier, they took DLC play lists and maps out of Reach matchmaking. So they kind of made you waste your money if you got them.

Thats not surprising at all, it is a Microsoft game after all.

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:
lolteam scores

I swear I get put in teams like this 85% of the time.

On Topic: Who says the Japanese cant make an FPS game?

"

"

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Thats not surprising at all, it is a Microsoft game after all.

It's surprising when you go into Halo 3 (which has a DEAD population), and Team Mythic is still up with around 20 people searching for a game.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:On Topic: Who says the Japanese cant make an FPS game?

"

"

That's going on the list with Box Hako for the sheer WTF factor.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun May 05, 2013 6:44 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:It's surprising when you go into Halo 3 (which has a DEAD population), and Team Mythic is still up with around 20 people searching for a game.

True. The only active playlist with a decent population is Big Team Slayer which usually has was around 130 people, and the few squatters that remained absolutely destroyed me when I last played.

View Original PostCatamari wrote:That's going on the list with Box Hako for the sheer WTF factor.

:lol: I dont know what Box Hako is but I'm gonna assume its a very naughty game correct?

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun May 05, 2013 6:46 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote::lol: I dont know what Box Hako is but I'm gonna assume its a very naughty game correct?

That...that's an understatement. In a nutshell, it's a goldmine for microphilliacs.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun May 05, 2013 6:48 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:True. The only active playlist with a decent population is Big Team Slayer which usually has was around 130 people, and the few squatters that remained absolutely destroyed me when I last played.

Social Slayer still has a reasonable population, but it's infested with playlist generals who know the ins and outs of every map, where I came in after a year of not playing and I can't even remember that the laser spawned on the scaffolding in Last Resort. But Social Slayer sucks ass now since they all veto Team BR's for AR Starts. It pisses me off how I get Team BR's in The Pit which is a dream come true for me and everyone else vetos and I end up with Team Slayer on Valhalla.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:On Topic: Who says the Japanese cant make an FPS game?

"

"

What the ever loving fuck?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am

"

"

lol Japan
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”