What is the funniest moment you've seen on Eva?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:07 pm

View Original Postevafanatic wrote:hmm, funniest scene in eva for me would have to be the 'morning wood' scene where Asuka wakes up Shinji in episode 26.

Why does this joke not surprise me? :rolleyes:

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:01 pm

I forgot this little gem from "Asuka Strikes:"

Shinji: Its... a programming error?
Asuka: It's thought-noise. I told you not to disturb me!
Shinji: What do you mean?
Asuka: You're thinking in Japanese aren't you? If you must think, do it in German!
Shinji: Well I'll try...strudel...bratwurst...
Asuka: Dummkopf! Nevermind... we'll start over again. Switch language to Japanese!

---

It's also a handy little handwave for the original audience as for why all the characters are speaking Japanese... Though it makes for an interesting moment in the dub because supposedly the language system has switched to Japanese but everyone is still speaking English.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:38 pm

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:It's also a handy little handwave for the original audience as for why all the characters are speaking Japanese... Though it makes for an interesting moment in the dub because supposedly the language system has switched to Japanese but everyone is still speaking English.

If you think that's funny try watching that scene in German. It's a riot.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:It's also a handy little handwave for the original audience as for why all the characters are speaking Japanese... Though it makes for an interesting moment in the dub because supposedly the language system has switched to Japanese but everyone is still speaking English.

Behold, the wonders of Translation Convention!! (a.k.a. "Snake, Your Russian is Superb" Syndrome)
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Gungnir
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gungnir » Sun May 08, 2011 4:09 pm

@Fireand'chutes77

lol I like that part as well.
ナンクルナイサ
The bondage of EVA

ლ(╹◡╹ლ) GIMME!!

ლ(

zpoop
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zpoop » Mon May 09, 2011 12:42 pm

SPOILER: Show

Yall know damn well that was the funniest scene in all of Eva.

Well, it came from rebuild but still...

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

I can't decide what about this is funnier - Pen Pens position or Misato's inabily to place her head on the pillow?

Nothing beats Touji hugging his baby sister, tough.
Well, except for lolrandomparachuteoutofthesky
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon May 09, 2011 3:31 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I can't decide what about this is funnier - Pen Pens position or Misato's inability to place her head on the pillow?

Or the fact that it looks like Misato is looking inside a can to see if it is empty. Or that there is MacDonalds on the mattress. But out of the choices, I like Pen Pen's position. I bet Pen Pen is thinking, "\/\/007 b00b135!"
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

PhoenixInShadow
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PhoenixInShadow » Fri May 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Probably when Pen-Pen saw Shinji's you-know-what in the hot springs. Haha

The Triforce Fighter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Triforce Fighter » Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Personally I find all scenes with the UN Generals in the first episode hilarious. Something about the whole snapping of the pencil coupled with the constant shouting and being totally swept aside by Sachiel makes me burst out in laughter every time! Plus the first death on screen is pretty funny as well. That guy in the helicopter thing in the ADV Dub is pretty funny. The voice actor makes the line sound so over the top you just can't take it seriously. I don't know if I was gutted or pleased that the scenes with the UN where fixed in 1.0....
'Whatever happens, happens' - Spike Spiegel

Cross of Iron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Thu May 19, 2011 1:55 am

EVERY SINGLE MISSILE HIT THE TARGET!

Definitely one that stands out for me.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 am

Maya's 'Sex Fiends' line upon finding Kaji and Misato in a heap in the elevator - dub of Ep 13

Deadpan as you like.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat May 21, 2011 6:17 am

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the funniest moments is when the power goes out and Ritsuko looks around and says "It wasn't me". :lol:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Cross of Iron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 am

View Original Postevafanatic wrote:hmm, funniest scene in eva for me would have to be the 'morning wood' scene where Asuka wakes up Shinji in episode 26.

That whole sequence cracked me up the first time I saw it. :hitthetable:

EvaTheSeventh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaTheSeventh » Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 pm

I thought the music for the Third Impact was kind of funny in EoE XD
Eva Unit 02 was boss. The MP EVAs killed it. That makes those creepy bastards even more boss..!!?

"Only an idiot tells the truth on the internet."

"How disgusting" -Asuka Soryu

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Since no ones posted here since Q dropped, I thought I should mention the shot of Misato's deadpan reaction to the bickering of the crew members of the Wunder. Every time I watch that scene I enjoy it more and more.

However, I would have to say the all time funniest moment, or moments, would have to be a tie between Gendo bathing his feet in the fire prevention bucket in 11, and Misato's admission in 10 that she directly receives Asuka's and Shinji's crappy grades.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:02 pm

My favorite is the kiss scene from episode 15. :lol: I love Asuka's "I should never kiss to kill time!" joke.

Other favorites are Shinji and Asuka arguing at the end of episode 9, drunk Misato, and when Kensuke said, "Only an idiot fights when he knows he can't win, balls have nothing to do with it." Also, Asuka trying to teach Shinji about thermal expansion.

ShockTrance
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShockTrance » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:14 pm

I found pretty much all of the interactions between Toji and Asuka hilarious, as well as Toji telling Kensuke to shut up after he quipped that Shinji was doing poorly against Shamshel due to getting punched by Toji. :lol: The scene where Misato denies hooking back up with Kaji only for him to call and leave a voice mail seconds later about meeting up at a bar that night was great, too.

ApolloIVtv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ApolloIVtv » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 am

Fuyutsuki: It's hot..

Gendo: ... yes

Black Swordsman
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Black Swordsman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 am

The day Tokyo-3 stood still when Maya says how the commanders can remain so cool and Fuyutsuki has his feet in a bucket of water says "It's hot." to witch Ikari, in his pose, says, "Yes." Lost it at that :lol:

Edit: aaaaaaand the post above me said that same -o-;\

Also the part where Kaji tells Misato to, "Hold the elevator!" and she tries to close it on him! Kaji's dub voice is so funny :D

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”