NGE vs. NGE Director's Cut 22 - the mindrape scene

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:09 pm

One day I was curious and took a look at the TV Version of Episode 22 and it's literally-

Ritsuko: Is the Angel trying to communicate with humanity?

Asuka: Oh my god some shit is happening to me! Scream!!!!

Gendo: Damn. That was intense. Rei, go get the lance.

.... Seriously, I think the whole mindrape is 20 seconds long in the TV version.

So Director's Cut.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 pm

I should do a side-by-side comparison of the regular & director's cut episodes simply by watching them back-to-back, because as others (including myself) has previously said. The director's cut episodes feel much more complete than the TV versions
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 pm

i really like the DC, especially the episode when Rei sacrifices herself and she starts turning into GNR, i found it quite intriguing
I have no signature!

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh, yeah. Definitely the DC

FallenTabris
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby FallenTabris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:01 am

The one DC episode which I wish was a bit different is Asuka's DC episode. The scene where she says the same thing six times in a row with different spotlights on the same frame is unnecessary.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:07 am

FallenTabris wrote:The one DC episode which I wish was a bit different is Asuka's DC episode. The scene where she says the same thing six times in a row with different spotlights on the same frame is unnecessary.

actually, from what i've read, in the Japanese version, each voice in that sequence was one of the other female voice actors (such as the ones for Rei & Misato. Forgot the other four)

the dub botches that
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:09 am

FallenTabris wrote:The one DC episode which I wish was a bit different is Asuka's DC episode. The scene where she says the same thing six times in a row with different spotlights on the same frame is unnecessary.

This is why you should be watching it in the Japanese dub. There's a very deliberate reason for that scene that you don't get from the english localization.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Starasp
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Starasp » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Mr. Tines wrote: (Thank you, Rebuild 2.0, for clarifying that snippet!)

I almost died laughing when that happened.

GasmaskAvenger wrote:

actually, from what i've read, in the Japanese version, each voice in that sequence was one of the other female voice actors (such as the ones for Rei & Misato. Forgot the other four)

the dub botches that

I watched both the sub and dub, I guess I missed that. Might have to watch the scene again.
My handwriting is atrocious, so I cannot sign my signature. Sorry for any trouble this may cause.

"We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you." -Legion

"The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs!" - Ford Prefect, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”