[GAME] False facts about Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:14 pm

False Fact #20: Misato's father is Kaworu's father. Her father boned the frozen Adam, who got pissed off by being raped by a Lilim who then exploded out of anger after giving birth to Kaworu.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 pm

False Fact #21: Shinji never actually tried to hurt Asuka. She had a fetish for Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation, which he knew about, and all instances of stranglation was just him trying to comfort her.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:27 pm

False Fact 22: Touiji and Kensuke are secretly a Gay Couple
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Soljer13 wrote:False Fact 22: Touiji and Kensuke are secretly a Gay Couple

True Fact 23: That's no secret.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:34 pm

False Fact 23: Hikari is the the head of Seele
I have no signature!

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm

esselfortium wrote:
Soljer13 wrote:False Fact 22: Touiji and Kensuke are secretly a Gay Couple

True Fact 23: That's no secret.

You know... I blush to admit it, but those guys have always twigged my gay-dar.
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm

False Fact #24: When Shinji ran away and stayed in Kensuke's tent in that one episode, he slept with him. Kensuke would hang out with Shinji because they had a secret affair. That is why Shinji was nervous when he fell on Rei in the next episode, because he thought he was cheating on Kensuke.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 pm

False Fact #25- Asuka and Shinji would make a lovely couple.

Truth- If said couple happened Shinji would either-
A) Commit suicide
B) Murder the woman
C) Grow some balls in 5 years, dump her, and go live a happy existence making millions off his endorsement deals from his Evangelion history. Kinda like Gary Coleman. Only taller.

I'd also like to add:

FALSE FACT #26- Regardless of what we see of her Instrumentality, it's not a given that Maya is a raving panties crazy lesbian.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am

False Fact #27: Due to the reality-bending properties of 3I, Shinji Ikari can travel through time—but this leaves him with the unfortunate side effect of memory loss. However, it is because of this phenomenon that he is simultaneously Dr. Katsuragi, Gendo, AND Kaji, and thus largely responsible for ALL of the dysfunctions in the show.

False Fact #28: Maya is Shinji’s long-lost sister. I can't believe this one hasn't come up already...

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 am

^let's make them a family ;)
False Fact #30
Maya, Shinji and Rei are all products of a SEELE project to create clones based on Yui's genes...Gendo created Rei using that technology with the intent that she sleep with Shinji as so to start 3rd impact by fufiling a FAR concept of duality with Twincest.
False Fact #31
Kaworu is a clone of Gendo, who was to vicariously fulfill his desires by sleeping with teh Rei, but instead slept with Shinji triggering Gendo's wrath leading him to frame his disobedient clone as an angel and set loose Shin-chan on him.

SPOILER: Show
False Fact #32
Anno said to June that Shin-chan's a manly man and he harbors no homosexual desires towards Kaworu whatsoever.

@LiLi
I wouldn't mind if it were like that :shinji_blush:
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 am

False Fact #32: Kaji is Misato from the future.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Heh, it seems I didn't make myself too clear in the intro:

The game involves false facts about the *production* of Evangelion as well as facts about the continuity. As these are false facts, you can invoke the "Animated Actors" trope, among other things, and you can also use the false fact as the set-up for a lame punchline.
------------------------------

FALSE FACT #33: Rei Ayanami's inability to express emotion is not the result of disciplined method acting on the part of her actress. Rather, her actress, who fell somewhere on the high-functioning end of the autistic spectrum, really *was* like that in everyday life.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 pm

fact 33 you need to be mentally ill to pilot an eva.

fact 34 we are all making these up now

fact 35 the eva monkey and mr tines are trying to kill me by having Asuka x kaworu avatars.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Legendary wrote:False Fact #10: Ritsuko and Misato were in fact twin sisters, although they never knew it. Their parents divorced and Misato's father remarried. Had 2I not happened, they would have discovered their relation and attempted to reunite their parents. Instead, they had lots of sexy threesomes with Kaji. Upon discovering these facts during Instrumentality, both were disgusted and neither came reincarnated because of this.

:hitthetable: Awesome!

False Fact 36: The WAFFles monster came along and ate Shinji & Asuka just after the final scene. That's why Asuka said she felt sick, because she saw the hideous monster before Shinji had the chance to.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm

False Fact 37: Asuka left instrumentality because there wasn't a bathroom, thus she felt sick because of the constant influx of human waste within instrumentality
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:56 pm

False Fact 38: After Shinji reset reality, he reincarnated himself in a bunch of different universes, where he plays a variety of characters. His known incarnations are Roger Smith, Simon the Digger, Hanataro Yamada, Kenny, Otacon, and Riku the Keyblade wielder.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Okay, to do this as the thread starter intended:

False Fact #39: Mari Makinami was in Anno's original plan for Evangelion, but when the girl she was based off of in real life died, Hideaki Anno excised her from the storyline, even the official proposal. After recovering from his depression caused by her death, he started Rebuild as a tribute and memorial to her.

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:31 pm

False Fact #40: Had Kaworu been able to start Third Impact, he'd have created a new world in which he and Shinji were one person, which is "Bible-Speak" for married. In this world, the events of NGE happen differently. He would have created tons of other Angels and killed off Giant-Naked-Rei in this new world of his, but to balance things out, he'd have given Kaworu/Shinji a God to pilot instead of an Eva, and made the other Eva pilots trained professionals. Also, due to Shinji's wishes, he'd have erased Asuka from existance and changed Rei's hair color.
That's right, the result of his 3I would have been RahXephon.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Fact 41 Shinji didn't jerk off over Asuka while she was sleep in the hospital. He was trying to heal her with " magic ikari clan mayonnaise "!

:boingy: Oh the fond memories of the mayonnaise :boingy:
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:14 pm

False Fact #42: the Magi are a set of senient super computers created to ponder the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. When told by Gendo that all they could come up with was Syntax Error 501 and that Cats was greater than or equal to being the most fail production ever, Ritsuko promptly called him a liar.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”