Your First Episode

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Thu May 28, 2009 12:43 am

Episode 1 for me as well, but prior to that I had read some of the manga, vol 3 or 4 first I think, then in order to vol 6 or so, whatever was the most recent one at the time...
Everything is subject to change.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu May 28, 2009 2:28 am

I saw Episode 5 on TV first. Was not too impressed. Looked interesting, the chick with the blue hair was hot, but it looked like any other anime.

Months later I saw Episode 8. Kinda fun, chick with red hair was hot, but once again looked like another anime.

Months later saw Episode 16 and I guess it was just the right time because my mind and very core were shocked.

Within two weeks of that I started what's become a passion and it recharged my love for filmmaking, something which I was seriously considering leaving, and now I guess you can say I'm set on a life path to be a filmmaker.

Whether for good or bad that's the case.

My hope is to one day create something with at least 1/10th the emotional and intellectual power of Eva.

Dark_Aeon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dark_Aeon » Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am

When I was a kid a relative had a VHS with Asuka Strikes! on it. I loved the episode but didn't see any more of the series till I got the platinum thin pack set when I was 13 :smirk:

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 am

Episode 19 "Introjection", on Adult Swim.

But yeah, saw ep19-26 and thought "WTF! There must be more to it!" and I bought the platinum pack, end of story.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

pmkava
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby pmkava » Fri May 29, 2009 2:42 pm

My first episode was Magma Diver, i saw it on Adult Swim.

Asuka in a bikini got me hooked to the show.
hurm. Meeting with Kaworu Nagisa left bad taste in mouth. Possible Homosexual? must remember to investigate further.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 am

^
Oddly enough, I didn't think Asuka was that great in a bikini.

I can't believe anyone would watch episode 26 all the way through without watching or knowing anything beforehand.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 am

Seeing as the ending (be it EoTV or EoE) was enough to turn some faithful viewers away from the show, I can't imagine what it'd do to a person who never saw the 24 episodes leading up to it. All I can say is, God bless those viewers who were open minded enough to give the rest of the series a chance after experiencing such epic mind screwery. ^_^
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

PuppetChaos
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby PuppetChaos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 am

The one with Gaghiel. And I watched it in German. I know a little, but not enough to understand an episode... but I could tell that Asuka was a bitch, and that they were going fishing for an Angel.

I did make out "DAS ENGEL! DAS ENGEL!" a lot, and that Kaji (in his infamous "is Misato still an animal in bed" line) said something about Misato being a cat (or some other feline) in bed.

A cat ... I'm all for dynamic translation, but...
DeviantART | YouTube | LiveJournal
I think the 00 Gundam is a pretty cool guy, eh teleports and doesnt afraid of anything

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 pm

PuppetChaos wrote:A cat ... I'm all for dynamic translation, but...

A wildcat, perhaps?

I watched the original series (albeit Episode 21-24 were the D.C. versions even in my first viewing) from Episode 01 to Episode 26 in strict chronological order, then EoE like all good children should. I'm just that boring.

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Timstuff wrote:Seeing as the ending (be it EoTV or EoE) was enough to turn some faithful viewers away from the show, I can't imagine what it'd do to a person who never saw the 24 episodes leading up to it. All I can say is, God bless those viewers who were open minded enough to give the rest of the series a chance after experiencing such epic mind screwery. ^_^

I had only...0 episodes when I saw the movie. And I just sat there and watched...tried not to think about what was going on but watched. The movie made me want to see the series from the beggining.

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:32 pm

I would imagine the only 2 options after watching EoE without seeing any other episodes would be to run as far away as fast as you can or think "wtf I need to see more of this like NEOW!"

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:54 am

I had seen episode 24...after I had seen End of Evangelion. I was like "This could have been a lot of help!" when I saw it. Then I started from the beggining.

Arekusu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Arekusu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 am

First episode was... first episode. Followed by the second and so on. I really enoyed the prologue act.
Dime al pie de que

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Episode 25 when Eva was still on adult swim. I liked it but god was i confused. :???:
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:56 pm

episode 1 on cartoon network, giant robot week lol
[i]

Same here.I saw both Episode 1 and 2.I remember liking Misato back then before I knew who she was because she looked cool.A few years later I saw Episode 1 on adult swim and was suprised because it seemed diffferent from when I first saw it.
[/quote]

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:11 am

AMV Hell 0 :asuka_sad:
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

SeanTucker
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SeanTucker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 am

First two eps on Giant Robot Week made me know what the series was. I didn't recall the eps very well until I watched the rest of the series, though, which is good since apparently they were butchered to little dwarf chunks.

When I really got into anime (...3-4 years ago? 14 now), I decided to seek the series out because the name had been floating around in my head for a while.

BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

Interestingly, I watched EoE at about the halfway point on my first run through because I was impatient and it was getting boring as hell. Not such a good idea, although it did motivate me to stick with the series.
Timstuff wrote:If you live in a Gainax production and are allergic to melons, I imagine you'd be sneezing a lot...

Oh wait, did you mean the fruit?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:43 am

scarmullet wrote:AMV Hell 0 :asuka_sad:

AMV Hell 0??

*goes to google*

EDIT: Oh dear. :zer_sweatdrop:
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

asukafan11
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan11 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:57 pm

In like 2004 I watched those bits in EoTV where Rei's face does that weird thing, turned it off, and had nightmares for weeks.
Then, about two weeks ago, i watched it from the beginning.
"See, your problem is since your cute, no one tells you to shut up."
"You think i'm cute?"
"SHUT UP!"

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 am

Episode 1, on an ADV dub tape, rented from the local Blockbuster in either 2000 or 2001.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”