What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

zuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby zuka » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:18 am

I was just trying to change the ROM on my android phone, which is an incredibly difficult process with many, many different steps. It kept failing for over an hour.

Eventually, I found myself muttering to a non-existant technical team "Repeat the process from step 108..."

Is it... refusing me?
Eva is the only anime I've ever watched, so I'm sorry if I don't get your jokes.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 pm

I heard "Fly Me to the Moon" at a restaurant today.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:14 am

NHK channel is now broadcasting the memorial concert for the recent massive earthquake in Japan with Zubin Mehta conducting the NHK symphony and the first piece that was played is "Air" from JS Bach's Orchestral Suite No.3.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 am

and now it's Ode to Joy (edit: make that the whole 9th Symphony)

eva associations just don't stop :lol:

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

That black and white building (at the center of the pic), here in Mexico City.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Try finding something that doesn't relate to Eva, and I will make it relate.

Ex: A banana relates to Eva because people often make sexual references when people eat them in a arousing way, and there are lots of sexual references in Eva.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Try finding something that doesn't relate to Eva, and I will make it relate.

Ex: A banana relates to Eva because people often make sexual references when people eat them in a arousing way, and there are lots of sexual references in Eva.

I can do that with anything about anything. Seriously. Try me.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:I can do that with anything about anything. Seriously. Try me.

how about peanuts?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Whenever someone extrapolates a shit-ton of meaning or jumps through hoops to try and rationalize something that ultimately seems laughably trivial, and everyone else in the room just kind of looks at each other mystified as if asking telepathically, When is this person going to finish speaking?, it always reminds me of Evangelion.

Oh, and Holy Wood.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:how about peanuts?

Peanuts contain the small edible bit, and its size is comparable to Shinji's pair (if he has one).
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Peanuts contain the small edible bit, and its size is comparable to Shinji's pair (if he has one).

Am I the only one who eats the shells?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:33 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Am I the only one who eats the shells?

Yes. Be lonely now. :kaos_akuma:
The Moats of Quotes

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 pm

So I was watching Linkara's review of Star Trek: The Motion Picture #1-3 the other day, and wow there's a lot of similarities to Evangelion. I really can't believe no-one's picked up on this before. I mean, heck, why not just call Vger the the 19th Angel?!
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 am

No. Sometimes I do that too.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

LoCooLaidman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LoCooLaidman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:10 pm

You are (not) alone! Eh, that was way too stupid to say...

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original PostLoCooLaidman wrote:You are (not) alone! Eh, that was way too stupid to say...

God, how many times has that joke been made? :hohum:
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

LoCooLaidman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LoCooLaidman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:01 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:God, how many times has that joke been made? :hohum:

Sorry then... oh and now that I think about it: When ever I read a Peanuts comic strip, there's Charlie Brown (duh). And who does Ol' Chuck remind me of: None other then Shinji! If I remember right, someone made a comic blending those two together too...

toastyotaku42
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby toastyotaku42 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm

there's this song which i can't tell you what it is because i'm making an amv of it and if i say it someone else will find it and reaize how perfectly if fits Shinji and Asuka and will make their amv before i have the energy to get off my lazy bum and do it!
anyway i was walking through the mall and this song came on my ipod for the first time since i had been converted into an eva geek and i cried in the mall with my headphones on :asuka_sad:
In the morning or at night it is such a great delight to eat green cereal -AD Police Files

What if it did. What if it didn't. What if the world were made of pudding -Story From North America

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:55 pm

View Original Posttoastyotaku42 wrote:there's this song which i can't tell you what it is because i'm making an amv of it and if i say it someone else will find it and reaize how perfectly if fits Shinji and Asuka and will make their amv before i have the energy to get off my lazy bum and do it!
anyway i was walking through the mall and this song came on my ipod for the first time since i had been converted into an eva geek and i cried in the mall with my headphones on :asuka_sad:

Whoa whoa! Easy there, take a :chillpill: .

Please, I wish you used proper grammar. If you are truly 18, I would hope to think you would've learned it. If not, I understand, but still try to use the best grammar you can. This is an educated forum, and in saying that, I'm not saying you aren't educated, I mean that you look like you aren't educated. Anyways, welcome to the forum.

On-topic: I was with my family last night, and we were eating this amazing food.

Mum: Hey, what happened to the chicken. It melted!
My older brother: Yeah, thats it!
Me: No, it reached a synchronization rate of 400%!
Everyone: :crazytwirl:
The Moats of Quotes

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Got some strong wind outside, 20-40 mph, and the noise it makes when it goes past my window sounds like the sound in the scene where my avatar is from in EOE.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”