3rd Impact and You

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:48 am

I'd probably not be coming back to the real world, even as much as I hate the thought of being of the same mind as others. I'm too interested in finding out what makes the minds of others tick.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 am

My own instrumentality is something that scares me. Imagin being in the middle of that?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:25 pm

n00dle wrote:snip

Ruthless and pessimistic? Sounds kind of like me, only , as Mundane as noted, extremely bitter.
*snort* Tines is probley right, though, albeit the fucktoy thing is, well.. kind of extreme.

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Finally! At least Ironfoot seems to get what I was driving for. And DatDude to I guess, though he's kinda vague.
Gone away

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:32 pm

Ironfoot wrote:<snip>

I think I get what you're trying to say; I might even compare myself with that a little.

To expand what I posted before. I'll come back, not right away nor late. Ever since I finished watching Evangelion, I did a little instrumentality thing to myself (weird I know, but I felt like I was in Shinji's place during the last few episodes, but anyway) and I've come across a few things I never put into consideration, humanity, my purpose, our purpose, etc... This was all during my down time (after effects of evangelion) so I took advantage of the time and just to do it, and still do now (I'm actually keeping notes of everything I think about). Now I think a little differently about everything. I may not show it right away because I keep it all inside, but I just try to live life the way it comes and just find a way to be happy. There are just so many things I'm not satisfied with, but I try to leave it all behind.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:38 am

i would soul-swim to Shinji, and soul-throttle him until he admit that he was bi.

no, im just kidding. really....

i would totally go back. I don't care if people are going to treat me like shit. Life is a privilege, and for someone to take it so suddenly (hem, Shinji!!!), it might be a little reasonable to finish what you've started. Many may choose to keep themselves in tang, but I like what this character in one of my english assignments said:

"There is no greater bore than perfection"
-General Zaroff, The Most Dangerous Game

Anyways, it goes like this. Ima use an example to show what I mean. Ok...say that everyone is one piece of a 6-billion-piece jigsaw puzzle. Yeah, it's that big. Anyways so 3I comes along and we all get fit in. It's very beautiful to see the big picture, but after an amount of time, you get tired of it. It's like watching Mona Lisa for years on end. Sooner or later, its gonna make you go NUTS! SHES LOOKING AT ME! lol. Anyways, going back to the jigsaw thing, imperfection is probably what motivates us to do stuff. we stride to better ourselves. If we are perfect, then it would be totally boring.

Guy 1: Hey wanna go to the archery field?
Guy 2: Nah man, we ALWAYS get bullseye. I cant get anything else!
Guy 1: Well howabout piloting Comanches?
Guy 2: Nope, thats too easy.
Guy 1: Damn.

If we knew that we were going to be perfect and live 4evr, we wouldn't do anything. We would always say "let's do it tomorrer" and never get things done, if there was anything that we needed to do. That's there's always the silently convincing threat of death...to prod us when other things dont convince us to DO OUR HOMEWORK. ok i think i took it too far.

but anyways, you kinda get what I mean? yeah?
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 am

Since it would be impossible to imagine what losing your sense of self and melding with every soul in the world would be like, how would you know? It might be fun and trippy for a bit, but after a while you'd probably feel like Shinji with "this just ain't right".
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 am

Trippy would probably be the best word lol
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Actually, you'd lose your identity as an individual, and probably your self-awareness after awhile. I think part of the problem would be sorting yourself out, figuring out which parts are you, and which are someone else's mind.
Gone away

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 pm

n00dle wrote:I think part of the problem would be sorting yourself out, figuring out which parts are you, and which are someone else's mind.
It's like mental plastic surgery... You could turn yourself into a personality Frankenstein!
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:13 pm

I'd probably wait it out inside of the tang until civilization came back to a point that would be acceptable to me. Unless I could control what form I came back in as some have specualted, then, I'de probably come back as something really weird and powerful like the angels.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:05 pm

Defectron wrote:I'd probably wait it out inside of the tang until civilization came back to a point that would be acceptable to me. Unless I could control what form I came back in as some have specualted, then, I'de probably come back as something really weird and powerful like the angels.

Interesting...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Acutally, I see it as if you probably won't come back if you don't refuse it. It just takes a while to make the decision.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm

You can't choose WHAT you come back as; you can only come back as yourself. e.g:, souls can't combine as a result of 3I, part of the reason why the stupid A/R/M "theory" (if you can call it that) is made of Fail.

Rei (OFF): If their hearts can create their own image...
...they will be able to restore their human bodies.

YUI (OFF): It will be alright. All lifeforms have the power to restore themselves...and the wish to live. If you decide to live, anywhere can be heaven...because you're alive. There will be chances to be happy everywhere. As long as the Sun, Moon and Earth exist...it will be alright.

And so on and so forth.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:56 pm

i wonder if everyone's minds were still connected when Yui touched Shinji's face. That might explain why Asuka did minutes later, because she "witnessed" it. o.O

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm

It wasn't minutes later, and the reason she caressed his face was to stop Shinji from killing her.
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2270
Everybody stopped being linked as one once Shinji rejected Instrumentality.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:41 pm

oo okokok, i see. thank you. good to know.

hmm i wonder if Shinji and Asuka weren't the first that popped outta Tang. Like, there were others, but they popped out like...idano in Italy or something like that.

Shinji: Asuka...look...there are others...

LOST: AFTER 3I

wouldn't that be silly....

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:51 pm

It was disscused already (somewhere in that threard, its so freakin long I dunno where exactly ^^; ) and I think it we mostly concluded not many people would return; Shinji & Asuka were most likely the first ones back (the fact Shinji didn't meet up with anyone in the 1-2 months he was alone seems to be an indication), seeing as everybody has personal issues to work out. ^_^;

And lol, yes that would be silly.

Back on topic: Maybe I'd ask Yui if I could tag along; that way she wouldn't be lonely. ^_^

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 pm

I'd return as fast as possible, stock up on materials and set about recruiting like-minded people to help reestablish law and order.

Needless to say, it would be a rather odd form thereof.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:56 pm

BobBQ wrote:I'd return as fast as possible, stock up on materials and set about recruiting like-minded people to help reestablish law and order.

Needless to say, it would be a rather odd form thereof.
Yeah, I could just imagine! Folks like you, probably Kyle and characters like Kensuke as well, setting up some kind of paramilitary/militia-esque group... :P
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”