Eva Movies Groundwork books question for Reichu

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Eva Movies Groundwork books question for Reichu

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:07 am

*whew* Long title! Anyway, Reichu, I was wondering if you could post the pictures from this thread on the site? The information you wrote about Kaji/Misato and Shinji/Asuka as well as their respective *ahem* postions interguies me (trying not to let my inner prevert show. 8) )

http://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126071&page=3

I stumbled across that page when looking for info/scans of the Movie books (I'm guessing they aren't released in America, huh??)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:31 am

Yes, that thead looks quite interesting, yet all the images are broken and the link to a gallery of the first two books looks like it no longer has them. :(

I'm curious as to why they went through all the trouble to map out the characters' coital positions that you barely see, yet they don't bother keeping the Evas' size consistent. XD
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:33 am

most of those images are on the commentary site under supplimental images:
http://www.evacommentary.org/images_production/groundwork_m26_C196_top.gif
http://www.evacommentary.org/images_production/groundwork_m26_C196_bottom.gif
the one of Kaji and Misato isn't there tho

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:38 am

Ornette: I tried the "Asuka no mune" picture, it didn't work, and I gave up. :?

http://gh.ffshrine.org/art.php
This site appears to have scans of volumes one and two. :)

EDIT: But MAN, is it TEDIOUS to view!!!
'NOTHER EDIT: It also appears to have the Newtype gallery, Der Mond and "Stripping Instrumentality Project", the last of which is something I've never heard of before now.
THIRD EDIT: Oh. The reason for that is probably because it's an unofficial hentai. :?
ONE MORE FINAL: http://www.nihon-anime.com/v3/index.php?page=artboook has the two groundworks and two artbooks in convenient-to-download ZIP files.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:15 am

I went to all those sites already, I'm speciefically looking for any of the Groundwork Movie stuff, but thanks for looking so far! ^_^

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:48 am

NAveryW wrote:Ornette: I tried the "Asuka no mune" picture, it didn't work, and I gave up. :?

Eh? It's right in the listing under "Groundwork", as 26'/C-174: Shinji Wants Boobies! ("Female Chest"). (Or here for the lazy.)

EDIT: But MAN, is it TEDIOUS to view!!!
'NOTHER EDIT: It also appears to have the Newtype gallery, Der Mond and "Stripping Instrumentality Project", the last of which is something I've never heard of before now.

:pats her HD: Ah, nice to have everything on here already...

THIRD EDIT: Oh. The reason for that is probably because it's an unofficial hentai. :?

No, it is quite official.

ONE MORE FINAL: http://www.nihon-anime.com/v3/index.php?page=artboook has the two groundworks and two artbooks in convenient-to-download ZIP files.

Yar har, fiddle dee dee! The Internets are a grand pira-sea!
I paid for Groundwork; you got 'em for free.
You are a pirate!

Dunno if Monkey will approve of that link, either. I'll let him tell me.

Here's Misato & Kaji: http://www.evacommentary.org/images_production/groundwork_m26_C204-layout.png

@SSD: I really don't have much from the movie books scanned in. But if there's anything in particular you're looking for...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:14 am

Seeing as I was just listening for the first time to Asuka's Death from S2 Works (essietnally a spiritual/religous version (think funeral march type music) of Thanatos; but it was so "heavy" it was making my stomach hurt (even Munashii Nigare isn't as heavy!) So what if I'm 21? Is it wrong I get affected so emotionally by music? :oops: are there any groundwork images of what that sequence would have been or anything from Last A & Last B?? Or the layout for what we ended up getting final scene-wise?

*giggles at Reichu's piracy song* Did you hear about that new Pirate Movie? It's rated....ARRRRR!'

Those stripping Insturmenality Project pics are interesting, everyone besides Shinji looks normal! He looks like he's straight out of a shota! :shock: (At least, from what I've seen: the three main females (we need some nickname to describe those 3 collectively....Misato, Asuka and Rei is a bitch to type out. *thinks* Triad of girls??), Kaworu and Shinji)

Still skimming thru S2 Works...Disc 7, 16) M-10's interesting...No Intro. O_O (Komm susser...) Can't wait to see what "Theme of Love" is (curious.)

Whoops, sorry about my OT-ness. ^^;

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:25 am

Oh, that was referring to the "Shinji Wants Boobies" the whole time. For some reason, it never occurred to me that that picture was of Asuka...

And that picture of Misato and Kaji cracked me up when I saw Misato's face in the second diagram. XD It makes me wonder if they took the project entirely seriously. :P

Now I have "You are a Pirate" stuck in my head again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and... Stripping Instrumentality Project is OFFICIAL?!
Last edited by NAveryW on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:30 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:are there any groundwork images of what that sequence would have been or anything from Last A & Last B?? Or the layout for what we ended up getting final scene-wise?

There is nothing from any unused scenes. There are several layouts and genga for the final scene: C460 (rough and refined), C461 (layout), C467, 469, 471A (genga), C471C (genga), C477, 478, 479 (layout), 480 (layout and genga), 473/478/481 (layout).

There is some fun stuff elsewhere that I'll try to scan at some point or another...

*giggles at Reichu's piracy song*

You're familiar with the original, I hope? (Catchiest bloody song EVAR. Pirate Robbie is a sexy bitch.)

Those stripping Insturmenality Project pics are interesting, everyone besides Shinji looks normal!

I thought ALL of the males (and Kaworu) looked pretty dodgy.

the three main females (we need some nickname to describe those 3 collectively....Misato, Asuka and Rei is a bitch to type out.

MAR. (Or ARM, or RAM.)

Can't wait to see what "Theme of Love" is (curious.)

Something that Sagisu didn't finish.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:39 am

Nice song. ;)

MAR. (Or ARM, or RAM.)

Hmmm....MAR's good, though I'm partial to ARM and RAM. I think RAM's funnier, but... *shrugs*

With Last A and Last B, I guess what threw me off that there was something else or more images-wise was this (espeically because the link MD Wigs-sama gave (I think his viewpoints are cool, highly agree with them! I also like what Shin Seiki and Reichu have to say. ^_^) doesn't work:

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/mdwigs/livesequence.html[/url] wrote:
So there you have it.
We have discussed the original last line here before. At that time EvaOtaku posted this picture:
*Storyboard(?) pic of Asuka staring at Shinji coldly as her original line is highlighted in yellow.*
Which is a scan of the Story Board Collection page for 'Magokoro wo Kimi ni' from the Japanese boxset. Highlighted in yellow is the original alternate line "...Anta nanka ni korosareru no wa mappira yo".

Unfortunately Olivier doesn't have a scanner, we know, we asked, so I can't post any images of the original scenario he translated these descriptions from. However it all checks out and I hold Olivier in the highest regard so I consider this information to be practically canon material.

(Edit: Actually it turns out that Olivier didn't have the originals, the scans were in references to scenes from the storyboard book, one such scan by EvaOtaku is posted above. EvaOtaku has kindly pointly me to This site which contains the original Japanese of these scenarios.)

I hope you guys enjoy it ^_^

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:28 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:With Last A and Last B, I guess what threw me off that there was something else or more images-wise was this (espeically because the link MD Wigs-sama gave

To the original Japanese text, or whatever? I probably (okay almost certainly) have it lying around somewhere -- but it was, in any case, just a transcript of the original. No pictures.

Anyway, I scanned a little. Here's a bit of fun for everybody:

ZOMG Shinji HAS BOOBIES!!!

I actually had to assemble this from three different scans, since there was no genga of the Shinjiquarium per se...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:18 pm

*shudders* Why Anno? *twitch*

Seriously though, maybe it symbolizes how Shinji's personality is on the feminine side despite him being a guy? ...Or Anno-sensei's just a prev. :lol:

Thanks for the scan; fun stuff. ;)

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Perv rhymes with Nerv, and that's good enough for me.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:53 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:*shudders* Why Anno? *twitch*

One could ask the same question for much of NGE. (But especially the whole ending arc.)

Seriously though, maybe it symbolizes how Shinji's personality is on the feminine side despite him being a guy?

That interpretation doesn't make much sense given the cut's immediate context.

Then again, Shinji faces appearing on the Reiquarium girls doesn't make any apparent sense in the context of the scene as a whole, either.

cat42 wrote:Perv rhymes with Nerv

Ixnay. "Nerv" is German, not the English word "nerve".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 pm

The only thing that I could ever figure was that it was just something there to be subliminally disturbing. I didn't catch it until several viewings in, and when I did, it was the hugest WTF moment I'd seen of Eva, which was really saying something.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Reichu wrote:Ixnay. "Nerv" is German, not the English word "nerve".

Ixnay. I'm an ameriCAN. I wil mutilated any language to fit my needs and whims.

From now on, Anno now should be pronouced in a way that rhymes with "perv".
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Ejinathan
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ejinathan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:05 am

Its more like "nerf" :D. Nerf Nerv becus they pwned what the army couldn't pwn... It's right.

NERV =NERF
even if you have nothing left, just try to smile.
Even Goku smiles when he's about to die:D

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:01 am

More like n-air-ph, if I remeber correctly. Not sure, would have to have someone confirm it.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

InvaderRen
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby InvaderRen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Omega, nice avatar

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”