help I need to write a speech for my 9th grade english class on the characters of eva

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

help I need to write a speech for my 9th grade english class on the characters of eva

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm not qualified to talk about this in a way where I don't discuss the importance of sex, violence, death to their characters

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: help I need to write a speech for my 9th grade english class on the characters of eva

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Bro, abort, pick something else.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: help I need to write a speech for my 9th grade english class on the characters of eva

Postby Ambiant23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:44 am

Uh oh

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

fuck its due tomorrow

Nerd King 101
Embryo

Postby Nerd King 101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:32 pm

View Original PostSpaceCowboy35 wrote:fuck its due tomorrow

Ok what you gotta do is start a political debate as soon as you get to class. Your thoughts don't matter just get the teacher going and keep them going. If you're lucky they hate Trump and you can use the government shutdown to really get them ranting. As long as you waste enough class time that they won't have time to let you do the activity your good.
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Youtube - http://bit.ly/2Ff9PHr
Twitter - https://bit.ly/2wrrC7v

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

That's brilliant! Wait you are new.

Nerd King 101
Embryo

Postby Nerd King 101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:41 pm

View Original PostAmbiant23 wrote:That's brilliant! Wait you are new.

Yes I am been lurking for a month or so but only made my account a few days ago! Just posted my first post earlier today actually!
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Youtube - http://bit.ly/2Ff9PHr
Twitter - https://bit.ly/2wrrC7v

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 am

View Original PostNerd King 101 wrote:Ok what you gotta do is start a political debate as soon as you get to class. Your thoughts don't matter just get the teacher going and keep them going. If you're lucky they hate Trump and you can use the government shutdown to really get them ranting. As long as you waste enough class time that they won't have time to let you do the activity your good.
get this man a noble peace prize

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 am

Update: I am going to deliver an analysis of Car Seat Headrest's How to Leave Town instead

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:46 am

Update again: had a panic attack in front of everyone because I was unprepared, nearly passed out

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

To quote the great Hideaki Anno, "You're an idiot. Study harder."

As someone who didn't take school seriously, and who now talks in front of an audience periodically, half of being successful at public speaking is a lot of preparation, the rest is just persistence and practice. You're going to have more assignments like this in the future, so put some concerted effort and preparation into it next time, and you'll do just fine. Public speaking is a really helpful skill to have in anyone's repertoire.

But, more to the point, this topic has reached the end of its short and tumultuous existence.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”