Episode 22 flashback clarification

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

confusedfan343
Embryo

Episode 22 flashback clarification

•      
  •      

Postby confusedfan343 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:50 pm

After rewatching episode 22 i have managed to find two images that really confuse me in terms of their original source. Both were shown in the mindrape flasbacks and image barrage but i would think that neither are native to that episode.

https://imgur.com/a/2sAS1nA

#1 and #2 are 2 images of the same downwards panning shot seen in episode 22 during Asuka's flashbacks (specifically after she is absorbed into the bustling hooded crowd). What i'm wondering is if these images from the same shot are only seen in this episode or if they are recycled from an earlier episode. If anyone can deduce if it is original to episode 22 or recycled from an earlier episode that would be amazing of them! (also if it is recycled what episode would it be found in?)

#3 and #4 i believe also occur within seconds of each other, but i can't find out anything relating to the source of either. #3 appears in the episode 22 flashbacks, but only in a heavily distorted edit for a split second, so the clean image must have come from another episode. Can anyone tell me which episode #3 and #4 come from?

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Episode 22 flashback clarification

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm

While I'm not 100% sure, I think #1 and #2 are not recycled. #4 looks a bit like a shot from the AR sequence, judging from Shinji's facial expression (so it would be Ep 26). I don't know about #3.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Episode 22 flashback clarification

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:01 pm

The first pair may look like they don't quite belong because that scene is definitely part of the DC material, i.e. are something that was added after the fact.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”