Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Welcome back, Bagheera! :asuka_happy:

What? Where?
Have you been taking the "Bagheera is a woman" jokes seriously?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Bags has been invited back to the forum, and probably has a lot of catching up to do since his last visit.

Welcome back, Bagheera! I can’t wait for the “Debate the Quality of Shin Eva” era of EvaGeeks.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Welcome back, Bagheera! I don't think we've ever talked, looking forward to your stay!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Greetings everyone. Looking forward to seeing what everyone’s been up to since I was last here!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 am

^Hey you. :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:22 am

Welcome back, Bagheera! :D
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:13 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Greetings everyone. Looking forward to seeing what everyone’s been up to since I was last here!

Welcome back ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Hello.

I like your posts.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Ah, unexpected but quite welcome. Glad to see you again, it's been some time.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 am

Hi everyone, new member here! I've been a lurker since july-august before deciding to watch evangelion in september and it's such a great serie. I hope I will contribute and maybe create some wholesome conversations and learn to know some and all of you :asuka_thumbsup: !

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Welcome! :)
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Bienvenue! :)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Thank you very much you two :wink:
Ban me forever.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Greetings! Have fun chatting with us! Have you seen the TV series or the new movies?

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Greetings!

I've first started the serie tv (the classic!) and like a big moron, I watched death and rebirth (which was a waste of my time as it is basically a really bad chunk of montage of the serie tv and a bit of the scene from end of evangelion with Asuka fighting those eva productions phallics vaginas monsters. It was certainly a good idea at the time of the movie not coming out and as a teasing, but now that's the movie is out since long, it's just feel like a lazy effort to add some mores minutes to a otherwise really bad "movie." :rolleyes: ) the only part remotely interesting was some characters playing some instruments on a dark and silenced deserted stage...

I've then watched the end of evangelion which the first time seemed like to me, a huge add with hammers slamming my head, saying "KILL YOURSELF! KILL YOURSELF B#@!" I've rewatched it one week ago, and I changed my mind about it, but still...

Then I watched the rebuild 1.1 you are (not alone), apart from a few changes interesting but "meh" that's it. A good portion of simples quiets scenes from day live day from the tv serie was gone, making it waaay less charged psychologically , but still it was refreshing after the end of evangelion.

The 2.2, is the most interesting to me, as I was really excited to see how a dinner between son and father would happen (and apparently, if my memories are good, these two are not the only ones, the others characters were invited too ! Ara ara, too bad it will never happen now, because believe me or not, I was really excited for that's event :shrug:

The 3.3 however was the last one interesting to me, as to me the scenes seemed just empty it was just,and sorry to offend some kawoshin fans (and if I sound homophobic), yaoi fanservice (piano scene, the stars, etc all interaction between Shinji and Kaworu basically.) and scene where you did'nt know nothing.

It's not that's bad as death and rebirth, is not as depressing as f#ck like the end of evangelion it's just...Empty. And i've watched the trailer for the Finale...

And how to say since it's the final installement of the serie, I can't help but have a really bad feeling about this one? :asuka_stare:
Ban me forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:12 am

I feel really alone liking Death for its editing lol.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:27 am

Death is an interesting watch once you're familiar with the series. But to watch it as your first introduction to Evangelion, thinking it's a "summary" (as I did...), is both puzzling and confusing.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:13 am

That's not what I did. First the tv serie, then the rebirth. A youtube critic prevented people that's it was bad in his review of evangelion, and yet I was curious, thinking that's maybe it added stuff to the tv that's I missed/were not included. Since I watched the serie tv in french there were no translations of the scene with Asuka throwing herself to Kaji,(I've never got to see it...) and stuff from the mindrape scene were cutted (the repetition of "No! This is'nt the real me!" or the die with me with the doll hang up :facepalm: )
Ban me forever.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:40 am

Remember that there are a number of cuts which are in the later DC versions of episodes 21, 22, and 23 which were first seen in Death. If you watched the TV originals ("OA" versions) then these would have had more impact when seeing Death.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”