Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:38 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:"Blackface is the greatest achievement of Lilin culture."

Japan doesn't exactly have the same history with civil rights and public backlash over depictions of certain groups of people like we do here in the good old US of A.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 am

Eva is a story about Shinji wanting to return back to the womb being Nadia.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:39 pm

I'd watch that.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Are you living In the real world?  SPOILER: Show

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:19 pm

And Pen-Pen too (NSFW-ish)  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:17 am

A sky full of stars  SPOILER: Show

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:28 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Japan doesn't exactly have the same history with civil rights and public backlash over depictions of certain groups of people like we do here in the good old US of A.

That's. . . um. . . putting it lightly, unfortunately.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Zeruss
Adam

Postby Zeruss » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 am

An illustration for a new Eva pachinko game called 'CR Evangelion 2018: Resonating Hearts' has been released; the game is set to debut later this month.

SPOILER: Show

The illustration's "dramatic qualities" haven't gone unnoticed...

SPOILER: Show

And this is what Google Translate tells me they are saying (transcript courtesy of the artist):

Marie - "Don't you participate?"
Rei - "...?"
Kaworu - "Shinji is my daughter-in-law"
Asuka - "You idiot! Shinji is mine!"
Shinji - "Stop fighting! Do not fight for me! I'm not anyone's!"

:nyao:
I'm a lurker at heart.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 am

Obviously someone has a sense of humor. That daughter in law line from Kaworu is hilarious!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:16 am

That's a nice Jojo pose from Kaworu.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Asuka - "You idiot! Shinji is mine!" 

There are still optimists working at Khara. . .

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:13 pm

deleted scene  SPOILER: Show

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 pm

It's always been my fanon that something happened between them, even as small as Shinji saying I love you back. I mean that's the only way for that "You betrayed my feelings" line to have any relevance to me.

Can someone explain Kaworu's "Shinji is my daughter in law" comment? Is it just a bad translation, a joke, or a reference to something?

@ Ray
:hitthetable: :rofl: :hitthetable: Jesus Christ man, it's been five years, FIVE YEARS! I'm pretty sure they're going to forgive him for the things he did under the brainwashing.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:@ Ray
:hitthetable: :rofl: :hitthetable: Jesus Christ man, it's been five years, FIVE YEARS! I'm pretty sure they're going to forgive him for the things he did under the brainwashing.

Forgive? Perhaps. Have a "He's mine not yours!" Sort of relationship? I'm much more doubtful.

Also I am actually glad that are still Optimists at Khara. Means I don't have to worry so much.

Also, If Shinji and Kaworu had done the no-pants dance? I'm sure Asuka would have brought it up sometime in Instrumentality.

"I know all about your little one night stand with the fifth."

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 am

Bro, she explicitly said that if she couldn't have all of him then she didn't want him, which is to say if she own him every which way, there will be no relationship, period.

Or, and this may blow your fucking mind, she only knew everything in relationship to him in regards of her, everything else is what she observed of him.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Bro, she explicitly said that if she couldn't have all of him then she didn't want him, which is to say if she own him every which way, there will be no relationship, period.

NGE Asuka. Not rebuild Asuka.

Or, and this may blow your fucking mind, she only knew everything in relationship to him in regards of her, everything else is what she observed of him.

She was in a catatonic state/the hospital while Kaworu was trying to seduce Shinji. . . she couldn't have know about it until after instrumentality happened if it did happen.

Zeruss
Adam

Postby Zeruss » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:33 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Can someone explain Kaworu's "Shinji is my daughter in law" comment? Is it just a bad translation, a joke, or a reference to something?

I honestly think it might be a bad translation -though some cultural reference might be elluding me- because the dialogue in the image is in Japanese, but the transcript was provided in korean; Bing gives me "Daughter" (as in "Shinji is my daughter") and Google Translate gives me "Daughter-in-law"--Both equally funny and weird... in their own way?
Due to the provided context, perhaps he could be saying "Shinji is my bride/partner/we're a couple/we're gonna marry/imma be all over him later on" and that's why Asuka is peeved, or something like that for sure :shifty:
I'm a lurker at heart.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:00 am

View Original PostZeruss wrote:I honestly think it might be a bad translation -though some cultural reference might be elluding me- because the dialogue in the image is in Japanese, but the transcript was provided in korean; Bing gives me "Daughter" (as in "Shinji is my daughter") and Google Translate gives me "Daughter-in-law"--Both equally funny and weird... in their own way?
Due to the provided context, perhaps he could be saying "Shinji is my bride/partner/we're a couple/we're gonna marry/imma be all over him later on" and that's why Asuka is peeved, or something like that for sure :shifty:

Ding ding ding!!! Yes, Zeruss, it does indeed mean 'bride'. The word here is 嫁(よめ), which means 'bride'. The 'daughter-in-law' translation seems to be based on its occasional use from the perspective of the in-laws. So, when a father-in-law says 'the bride', he of course means his daughter-in-law.

Example sentences with the word

(Sadly, I have no knowledge of korean, and so I cannot determine how this was treated in the transcript.)
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:06 am

View Original PostRay wrote:NGE Asuka. Not rebuild Asuka.

She was in a catatonic state/the hospital while Kaworu was trying to seduce Shinji. . . she couldn't have know about it until after instrumentality happened if it did happen.

She wasn't in a catatonic state, she wasn't in a coma! She was heavily sedated! My God man, she knew what he did because either A) She heard him, or B) She had access to his thoughts regarding her and only her outside of what she observed when they were living together. She wouldn't have known if Kaworu and him had fucked.

And the same rules apply to Rebuild Asuka when she says he is mine, he belongs to her, she owns him.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:She wasn't in a catatonic state, she wasn't in a coma! She was heavily sedated! My God man, she knew what he did because either A) She heard him, or B) She had access to his thoughts regarding her and only her outside of what she observed when they were living together.

I agree with this and there's a very telling shot that she was aware as her eyes are wide open in the anime shot of the hosbital bed but in EOE there closed then after Shinji locks the door so as not to be caught and starts her heart monitor starts to spike implying stress. Also in the manga its shows that when her drugs wear off that she can move around and even talk as she attacks Shinji and tries to strangle him though that Shinji wasn't doing what his EOE counterpart was he just shakes her even harder hoping for a response and sadly gets very violent one in return.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Old Stickies”