Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Just wondering: Are most of the (uncredited) posts here drawn by the poster, or is it understood that people don't always draw what they post? I ask, because I'm not sure exactly how much I should compliment them :).
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:08 pm

We have a seperate thread for those that draw their own fanart.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Ah, thanks :)!
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 am

Rei-Q  SPOILER: Show

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 am

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:Just wondering: Are most of the (uncredited) posts here drawn by the poster, or is it understood that people don't always draw what they post? I ask, because I'm not sure exactly how much I should compliment them :).

The images in this thread are not originals. Sometimes people provide a link to the original, but more in the past than now. These days images appear in so many places it can be hard to impossible to identify the original source for a lot of them, so the habit seems to have fallen out of use.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 pm

SPOILER: Show

I'd love to see a flashback about Shinji's retrieval from the entry plug and the reaction from Misato and Asuka, I can already imagine the drama in my head.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:

I'd love to see a flashback about Shinji's retrieval from the entry plug and the reaction from Misato and Asuka, I can already imagine the drama in my head.

That scene above can't have happened, or else the coffin's glass would be cracked. :eva01_roar:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That scene above can't have happened, or else the coffin's glass would be cracked. :eva01_roar:

With Asuka loudly screaming "Baka Shinji!".

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 am

Maybe the one he woke up in is the only one that survived Asuka. :bigeyes:

Or maybe they didn't want Asuka and her active angelic eye in the same room as BM-03 so she saw him for the first time in the med bay (that's now my head canon).
Last edited by Joseki on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:23 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That scene above can't have happened, or else the coffin's glass would be cracked. :eva01_roar:

Unless Misato went "Asuka behave yourself and don't wreck the glass!" which is why the glass isn't trashed.

Asuka/Rei
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Shinji and Kamina

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:56 pm

^
Not my favorite picture (their poses... I dunno), but I love the idea of a TTGL NGE crossover. Keep 'em coming!

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Shinji and Kamina

Now that's the kind of support Shinji needs!
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:29 am

Soon Kamina learned that this kind of support doesn't work in Evaverse. And then he died horribly lowering morale of everyone who witnessed it.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 am

The ending of Evangelion 2.0 with GAR Shinji (who gattai with Rei using Unit-01) is pretty much TTGL.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Soon Kamina learned that this kind of support doesn't work in Evaverse. And then he died horribly lowering morale of everyone who witnessed it.

I mean, he died either way. (Oops, spoilers? Go watch TTGL already). The idea behind the support is immortal. Even in death, Kamina believes in you.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:The ending of Evangelion 2.0 with GAR Shinji (who gattai with Rei using Unit-01) is pretty much TTGL.

And he was punished for it, so it does not work in Eva. Unless it works for everyone BUT Shinji. That may be true.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:49 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:The ending of Evangelion 2.0 with GAR Shinji (who gattai with Rei using Unit-01) is pretty much TTGL.

I don't think there's anything similar between that scene and any scene from TTGL, maybe just the visuals.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Glor » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:49 am

Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:I mean, he died either way. (Oops, spoilers? Go watch TTGL already). The idea behind the support is immortal. Even in death, Kamina believes in you.

I always understood that Simon was supposed to be a partial Shinji expy. For instance, the part after Kamina's death, after he meets Nia, and is depressed, and won't pilot GL... Classic Shinji. Anyway, Kamina-sama... He is best in any universe.

Return to “Old Stickies”