Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Stillborn
Banned

Re: Crack Pairing Appreciation Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Of course Shinji would be left out, on the desolated beach. No one want him to fuck this up and stop the orgy with some self discovering revelation that helps no one :P
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Don't you ever have anything positive to say?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:21 pm

I wouldn't expect much positivity from someone with the username "Dead Fetus" whose avatar cries tears rivers of blood.
Last edited by Reichu on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:23 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Of course Shinji would be left out, on the desolated beach. No one want him to fuck this up and stop the orgy with some self discovering revelation that helps no one :P

No. There is Mari enough for all.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

NONAME
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 am

Giant Rei and Pen Pen. :shifty:

Anyone?
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

dontaskme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dontaskme » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:17 am

Well if anything goes....

Ramiel x that railway gun from episode 6

[spoiler=]its "cannon"[/spoiler]

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:51 am

Eh. Ramiel x Iruel. For example, Ramiel glued with Iruel from the inside.

But more seriously (?), Tokita x Maya.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Snow
Lilith

Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:52 pm

I would be interested in knowing your own possible favourite pairings in the show. It doesn't matter if it is canon (such as Kaji and Katsuragi) or completely hypothetical (Go for Suzuhara and Soryu,as an example)

My personal favourite is the potential Suzuhara-Hikari pairing.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Best Pair

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 pm

If I had to choose a totally impossible pair I's say Mari x Kaworu, I think they could be a comical couple funny enough for a slice of life spin off. They also looks cute together :nod:

SPOILER: Show

Obviously my real favorite pair is Asuka x Shinji. I find their "love and hate" interaction really interesting in every universe. They always get really close, much more than any other character has been before and then inevitably they harshly drift apart. However, no matter how distant they may end up they always get closer again. It reminds me of a sick relationship I had sometime ago.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:39 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.

This is the first time i've heard of such possibility. Although they have some common points..

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:50 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.

Any of the kids paired with Kaworu would fuck them up real bad and end in tragedy. Even Rei 'cuz she'd be killing her other half and sorta/kinda sibling. Yeah, now I can totally understand why some people are put off by the KawoShin or KawoAnybody pairing (even though kinda/sorta like it) and Kaworu.

My favorite pairing is Unit-01 x Zeruel. Shougouki-san has never gotten that intimate with an angel till episode 19.

:yui_grin:

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:30 pm

I too, throw in my vote for Unit 01/Shogoki-san x Zeruel-kun. Truly a blossoming relationship that harvested much potential, ending in tragic, Shakespearean finale.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 pm

^Well played Chuckman. Well played.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:03 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.

I believe the topic is Best Pair, not Best Girl.....That is unless you think Gendo and Ritz make the best pair.

:tongue:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:46 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.

Bite your tongue, fool.

As to the OP, I love the idea of Mari/Kaworu. Mari would be completely immune to Kaworu's "I am an Angel here to CRUSH YOUR SOUL" bullshit, and seeing him taken completely off-balance like that would be delightful.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Any of the kids paired with Kaworu would fuck them up real bad and end in tragedy. Even Rei 'cuz she'd be killing her other half and sorta/kinda sibling. Yeah, now I can totally understand why some people are put off by the KawoShin or KawoAnybody pairing (even though kinda/sorta like it) and Kaworu.

My favorite pairing is Unit-01 x Zeruel. Shougouki-san has never gotten that intimate with an angel till episode 19.

:yui_grin:

Yeah but whose not to say that in some universes Kaworu might turn against and betray Seele for someone he cares about or like Rei be could even be born human and have no link to Seele at all. In my view there's hope for every pairing out there because I imagine that the multiverse could be vast and wide and not all of them having Seele in control or be completely over thrown, the series, manga and rebuild are just one version of events playing out so any things possible.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I believe the topic is Best Pair, not Best Girl.....That is unless you think Gendo and Ritz make the best pair.

:tongue:

I don't think that is a very common opinion.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 pm

It's pretty obvious what my stance is. XD

SPOILER: Show

However, I'm willing to explore other pairing options, like "Wreckage" showed. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”