Kaworu (insert fangirl squee~)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:20 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Meh. He still got a mouth. And those wondrous long pianist fingers...
One doesn't simply want to steal my husbando.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:35 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:One doesn't simply want to steal my husbando.

:nya:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:48 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Meh. He still got a mouth. And those wondrous long pianist fingers...

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of pianists have quite thick stubby fingers.
Leave Shinji alone

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 pm

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of pianists have quite thick stubby fingers.

Except Kaworu's an uber perfect bishie, so his fingers are probably magnetically attracted to G-Spots through some PWM magic.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Ahem... hate to break it up but aren't we getting off-topic here? And in pretty much the same way the previous discussion about the merits of shaving in certain spots too. You might want to cut it out before NemZ whips out the Delete Post button again.

(Mods are free to delete this along with the above discussion if that gets deleted.)
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:No fun allowed. Boo :(

Not what I was saying. My point is, X-rated offtopicness already earned us a mod intervention in this very thread, let's not provoke another in the same way. Might not end well.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 pm

"No fun allowed. Boo" might not have been entirely serious. Personal Grooming split seemed to be more for humor than anything else anyways.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I am occasionally a merciful god. Have your fun, but tempt not my vengeance in the pic thread again.

...and why do you assume it's always me? The other mods didn't just disappear, you know.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:17 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I am occasionally a merciful god. Have your fun, but tempt not my vengeance in the pic thread again.
Jesus Christ, you're goddamn awesome!
On-Topic, if this thread is about Kaworu, I highly dislike obese yaoi fangirls who tend to put him with Shinji simply because he said he loves him. I don't like to think he's homosexual and neither a puppet like Rei, after all he's the Angel of freedom.

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:Jesus Christ, you're goddamn awesome!
On-Topic, if this thread is about Kaworu, I highly dislike obese yaoi fangirls who tend to put him with Shinji simply because he said he loves him.

Unfortunately that description covers 90% of EVA fanfic writers (and 98% of DevianTART "artists") who see ANYONE drawn a bit 'bishie' as a closet lover of manraep and big black strapons the size of Andre the Giant's leg. :cringe:
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:43 am

View Original PostJurrasic wrote:Unfortunately that description covers 90% of EVA fanfic writers (and 98% of DevianTART "artists")
I wish Kaworu never said that. Stupid overweight yaoi pigs.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:I wish Kaworu never said that. Stupid overweight yaoi pigs.

To be fair the translation can be read to mean "like" rather than a straight out "I wuvs yous forevs and evs".
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 am

That's because loving someone doesn't mean SEX EVERYTIME I want 2 fk u so bad and whatnot. He meant love as "friendship" and not as what those stupid yaoi bishes think, which is what pisses me off and ruins the character. I could even say "I love you" to my best female friend, but that doesn't mean that I'm a lesbian or want to have sex with her.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:That's because loving someone doesn't mean SEX EVERYTIME I want 2 fk u so bad and whatnot.

...nor does romance imply nothing other than f***** ing (Just *** is called "one night stand" That's not necessarily a bad thing, but a different thing.), and that honest devotion and other "purity" myths need to DIE already.
Sex can be a tool of expressing feelings, too.

Oh, and I hope I don't have to tell you that same-sex long-term relationships actually involve emotional bonds, and not just ****ing. Again, that is called "one night stand", and while it's widely practitioned, there is a sufficient amont of these people interested in emotional long-term bonds for them to clamour for this awfully permanent, institutionalized 'marriage' thing.
I could never understand why anyone would want something where you can't dump your partner without a court case. Humans ARE susceptible to wrong choices, and involving money will just cheapen your relationship, especially now that females can reasonably be expected to get a freakin job. *sigh*

---

Except we have comfirmation that it went beyond the platonic, such as the previous drafts, and a lot of statements by the makers of the show, in case episode 24 itself doesn't speak an obvious enough languages. It's not just that one line - Held gazes, all these blushes, the slow and deliberate progressions, the camera angles...
Just look at the whole Kensuke Tent scene for comparasion/contrast. THAT is a purely platonic scene of friendship and understanding, without latent attraction.
This isn't to say that the episode 24 plot can be reduced to lolgayppl, but that's the GOOD thing about it, that's the classic "love interest who's secretly an enemy" plot, that it DOESN'T throw around words and make a fuss about handling a "taboo", but simply tells a story of two people, of which the attraction angle is just a small part. It's not even that important, (but easy to follow to a logical conclusion in visual media, some of which are admittedly uncreative) but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Again, there's official comfirmation.
OF COURSE there's a lot more to Kaworu and Shinji than wanting to screw... but that's a good thing. That means they're actually compatible and not just horny and alone (*cough* S/A*cough*)

Also, Rei's not a puppet, and I'm sure she would like you to know this.

Where's hyper Shin-chan when you need him? *sigh*

---

Either way, since we now have a whole thread officially designated to Kaworu#s awesomeness, lets make use of it while it lasts:

EVERYONE, LIST YOUR FAVORITE KAWORU MOMENTS ! FRACHISE WIDE!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Favorite moment? Watching his head go boom! in 3.33. Glorious.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:54 pm

The most memorable moment is Ode to Joy.
And LAK is the most underrated yet good pairing. They're afraid of losing yaoi pigs, this is why they never care about them. Also Rei IS a puppet, because she'd even suck Gendo's dick if she would be ordered to.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 pm

I would appreciate it if you stop calling people who like yaoi pigs and obese. It's in really bad taste. :impatient:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:06 pm

But it's the truth!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Hopefully it isn't out of my place to call you on your discriminatory behavior towards those that enjoy a form of entertainment that you seem to dislike. I kindly request that you cease insulting those that enjoy yaoi.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:09 pm

This thread needs to take a sharp turn back to talking about Kaworu and less about bashing hypothetical fans unless you want it locked. Kendrix had the right idea.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”