Will you be sad when it all ends?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Oenara
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Oenara » Fri May 03, 2013 9:20 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Homophobic what?:cringe: He's Shinji's true love interest, unfortunately being ISIK a shonen manga they have to keep it a secret.

Literally lol'd, thanks. :lol: Well... as appealing as hot-and-bothered Shinji is, the gay = lustful predator cliché is pretty homophobic, so I hope future adaptations will avoid it.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Gainax/Khara will come up with a way to maintain interest in the series through spinoffs, games, whatever. I was thinking that they may do something like remaster the original TV series for HD if it hasn't been done so already (pardon me if it has). Or 10 years from now they'll come up with a revamp of some kind and say this is what we really, really, really, really wanted to do back in the 2000s but the technology didn't exist yet. :shifty:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

MoroNoKimi
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MoroNoKimi » Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Homophobic what?:cringe: He's Shinji's true love interest, unfortunately being ISIK a shonen manga they have to keep it a secret.

LOL how did I even miss that, I would have thought I would see that even without having read the whole manga. Well, it's good to know that everyone recognizes who his true love interest is, even if they have to stick it in an omake XD

redbomb
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby redbomb » Sun May 05, 2013 12:27 am

I'm actually a little happy that it's ending. We finally get to see a conclusion to a series that had so many unanswered questions. Yes, I'll be sad that there won't be any extensions or anything, but seeing the conclusion will be like releasing a little bit of stress. Plus we all know the series is going to have it's guts squeezed until there is nothing left.
But with endings there will be new beginnings. I'd be REALLY excited if Anno and the Gainax team create something that is even bigger than NGE and redefines anime like NGE did before. We need more original flavor to the animation world, not more remakes.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 am

View Original Postredbomb wrote:I'm actually a little happy that it's ending. We finally get to see a conclusion to a series that had so many unanswered questions. Yes, I'll be sad that there won't be any extensions or anything, but seeing the conclusion will be like releasing a little bit of stress. Plus we all know the series is going to have it's guts squeezed until there is nothing left.

What makes you think we will not have unanswered questions this time?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 am

View Original PostDima wrote:What makes you think we will not have unanswered questions this time?

Of course there are going to be unanswered questions, but we will finally have a finite database to work with. As long as there is something more coming in a particular arc or Evaverse, there's always the chance that there's something more. When the Evangelion river finally runs bone-dry, we'll be able to gather up all of our loose ends and tie them together into something glorious.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote: When the Evangelion river finally runs bone-dry, we'll be able to gather up all of our loose ends and tie them together into something glorious.

Or discover, that Anno showed us a goatse :uhh:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Bryan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bryan » Sun May 05, 2013 8:35 pm

I won't be heartbroken out of my mind and lose the will to live, but I will definitely be sad. Despite other series that have done it, I have every doubt Anno will remake his series again after this. His whole reason for doing it in the first place is that he wasn't able to do it the way he liked with all of the technical problems. Now he has none, he doesn't have any more artistic reasons to continue remaking it. And a sequel? After the world ends? That's even less likely.

dustwulf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dustwulf » Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 am

I wouldn't have minded if it just ended at EoE, while the rebuild movies are great I think the TV series and EoE were enough. I think any major releases after the rebuild movies would be redundant and just dilute the series. It will probably happen though. :irked:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 am

View Original Postdustwulf wrote:I wouldn't have minded if it just ended at EoE, while the rebuild movies are great I think the TV series and EoE were enough. I think any major releases after the rebuild movies would be redundant and just dilute the series. It will probably happen though. :irked:

There's been all kinds of releases since the original and they haven't demeaned the original at all. Or are you specifically referring to releases in a motion picture medium when you say "major"?

Weirdly enough, Q has lit a fire under my existing ability and desire to analyze the original. Because it's all new and different, it stands as a sharp contrast that has actually given me new perspective on various parts of the original.

Having it end at EoE would have been fine for me too, but I don't mind all these shiny new things either that give me more to play with.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

dustwulf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dustwulf » Fri May 10, 2013 2:55 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:There's been all kinds of releases since the original and they haven't demeaned the original at all. Or are you specifically referring to releases in a motion picture medium when you say "major"?

Weirdly enough, Q has lit a fire under my existing ability and desire to analyze the original. Because it's all new and different, it stands as a sharp contrast that has actually given me new perspective on various parts of the original.

Having it end at EoE would have been fine for me too, but I don't mind all these shiny new things either that give me more to play with.

Yeah, motion pictures are what I meant. I like the original/EoE on it's own, and I completely understand the rebuild films as a way for Anno to create eva "as he wanted it to be." I was just referring to what some people were suggesting, like a remade TV series or an adaptation of the manga. I think that would be redundant and unnecessary.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri May 10, 2013 3:07 am

View Original Postdustwulf wrote:Yeah, motion pictures are what I meant. I like the original/EoE on it's own, and I completely understand the rebuild films as a way for Anno to create eva "as he wanted it to be." I was just referring to what some people were suggesting, like a remade TV series or an adaptation of the manga. I think that would be redundant and unnecessary.

Why would the existence of such a thing bother you if it brings happiness to others? Why does it "dilute" anything? Are you afraid it will draw fans away from the existing fanbase or something? Are you afraid of the effect it would have on you if you were to see it, that it might change your perception of the original? Why should the existence of something you have no obligation to watch, but which might please others, bother you in any way shape or form?

(All serious questions.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat May 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Personally, I hate endings. Doesn't matter what it is I don't like when stories end. To think that you will never again see those characters who you cared about, you'll never again travel through their world... it's just plain old depressing.

Anyway, I came into Eva Fandom back in '10, so for me Eva never ended. From my perspective, Rebuild has always been the natural progression of Eva. It's one reason I'm happy 4.0 likely isn't coming out this year. I never experienced the sense of ending I imagine most Eva fans felt during the many years between EoE and the announcement of Rebuild. Sure you had the various manga's and the games, but that's all secondary. So as long as 4.0 is on the horizon for me, Eva never ended. Even the TV series never ended. It's just one continuing story, from NGE to EoE to Rebuild.

So will I be sad when it all ends? If we don't get word of something more, which I expect we won't right away, yea probably. God only knows how I'll take it. Nothing's ever hit me on the level Eva has. Certain stuff came close when I was younger, but I've never been so emotionally invested in a universe as I am with Eva.

On the bright side, I'm also preparing for the inevitable. Eva has such a vast catalogue of AUs, should the series truly end I can rely on the existing manga's and games I've never experienced to give me at least some consolation.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I'll be sad, because I'm sure Rebuilds ending will leave me unsatisfied somehow. But I'll not be sad about franchiese end. I'll may not even live long enough to see Evangelion to truly end - as long as you can squeeze money out of it, the cash cow goes: MOOOO!

Also there is a shitload of fanfics and a few valid doujins. That usually was enough to keep me entertained after EoE and before Rebuild was even anounced.

Buuuut... We could get a real sequel at last. Not another remake.

Just imagine! About twenty or more years in the future. Evas are produced without human souls and are used for entertaiment in form of gladiators battles on the arenas. Since it's no longer battle to the death, it has been accepted as a legal world wide sport, like boxing. Just more awesome cause with giant robots! :woohoo:

Immortal Asuka would be legendary undefeated champion on retirement, growin watermelons. Mari, also immortal, would be running whole bussines with giant robots beating shit out of each other for the lulz. And for :money: that she will spend on things unspeakable :P

Rei #2069 would be the current champion, and WILLE crew now would be old grumpy bunch that play checkers and complain about "kids this days". :devil:

Shinji will be mentioned once, that he was eaten by a tiger offscreen, and no one cared :|

Then we can have some terrorist once again using Evas as a weapons and shit, and the actual plot begins...

Is it only me or someone else would like to see this animated? XD
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Xiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xiel » Sat May 11, 2013 11:38 pm

View Original PostOenara wrote:Haven't read the ISIK manga yet, but isn't its Kaworu a homophobic villain-type or something? Or do you mean the game?

Manga is more Rei-centric. Original VN leans on Kaworu a mite (he's the default, unless you raise Shinji's intimacy with a lady and he's got his unlockable raising project like Asuka in Rei's project). I like the manga art better, but the VN characterization is superior.

I didn't like the four filler love interests though, I'm counting Mana with them. :facepalm: At least it included Misato...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”