Fave Couple

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 21, 2007 1:40 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I've never really understood the point of non-canon pairings regardless of sexual orientation and the like. But, whatever works for people, I guess.

It's something that is encouraged when the canon is weak or ambiguous (see e.g. Harry Potter); or if an outcome belatedly emerges from ambiguity that is just plain wrong for the characters involved (StoPanic being an example here). People will 'ship anyway, but some series are more fertile breeding grounds for same.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:S/A pictures with them having post-3i kids make me go Image too

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ejinathan
Lilith

Postby Ejinathan » Mon May 21, 2007 5:46 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:I'm not going to look through the 26 pages of this thread to see if I posted this, so I'll say it again.

Asuka and Kaworu For The Win.

I'd rather see Asuka and Vegeta(DBZ). Interesting couple they would make :lol:

Isn't there to much age difference ... Well if they had the same age i would also think they would be a perfect couple.

Asuka: i want to be the best
Vegeta: i want to be the best (and own kakaroto)

wait a sec...
even if you have nothing left, just try to smile.
Even Goku smiles when he's about to die:D

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:btw, Steve, to reply to your first(?) post in this thread, honestly, S/A pictures with them having post-3i kids make me go Image too, due to the whole 22' "lol I don't want kids" revelation.

A fourteen year old saying they never want to have kids and still thinking that way when they are older. :lol:

I am not making fun of you SSD but just from my high school class's ten year reunion a can give you clear proof that most of those girls tend to change their minds.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Hunter21 wrote:A fourteen year old saying they never want to have kids and still thinking that way when they are older. :lol:

I am not making fun of you SSD but just from my high school class's ten year reunion a can give you clear proof that most of those girls tend to change their minds.

Troof. They think it's a bad thing now, but once they get older they'll see it in a different perspective.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 pm

I'm saying at her current age she feels that way. I've never said its not possible but she wouldn't change her mind when older...I'm just being anal-rentitive here. What we see as canon IS canon and all that. :P
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue May 22, 2007 2:33 pm

A lot of the "happy couple" art makes it look like she's started squatting them out immediately after the dust has settled -- rather than looking going-on-30.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:58 pm

I have to disagree with you there Tines. True, some of that art has her looking young but to me most of them look like Asuka is firmly in her twenties when she starts pushing them out. And that is the normal age for women to start having babies.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

meanwhile back on topic... i'm still the same ritsuko/Shinji fan i was back when i first started here on EMF(don't worry i know nobody cares)
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Bean Bandit
Lilith

Re: couples

Postby Bean Bandit » Thu May 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:
Bean Bandit wrote:how bout chibi Rei (the "you old hag" Rei) and gendo? Bizarre shotacon stuff...
thats lolicon, shotacon would be Shinji/Misato

My bad.
I checked my sources and you're right. Shota is adult/little boy relations while Lolicon is adult/little girl relations. its important to know the right terminology.

Kaminoyouni - 1
Bean Bandit - 0

Til next time...
What do you like to play? ...Pokemon! Pokemon?

Ya see, the kids, they listen to the rap, which gives them the brain damage. Ya see?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 6:20 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:meanwhile back on topic... i'm still the same ritsuko/Shinji fan i was back when i first started here on EMF(don't worry i know nobody cares)

That's a first. Honestly i've never seen a S/R fan before. Interesting.

As for me, in case i haven't posted somewhere in the previous pages, i'm an A/S fan.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon May 28, 2007 6:25 pm

A/S still the only girl Shinji's got a shot with that is in no way a mother figure.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 6:33 pm

DatDude wrote:A/S still the only girl Shinji's got a shot with that is in no way a mother figure.

Yeah, she's the only one remaining, considering Hikari's obvious crush to Toji.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 28, 2007 7:09 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
DatDude wrote:A/S still the only girl Shinji's got a shot with that is in no way a mother figure.

You are counting Mana out already? ;)
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 7:15 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:

I'm an A/S fan. Mana is not in my dictionary. :wink:

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon May 28, 2007 7:18 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:

Mana is a video game character, and not in the show itself.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 28, 2007 7:34 pm

^
Ditto with the chick with the glasses who's name I keep on forgetting that's in the Second Impression game. :wink: (Obviously I haven't played that one yet.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 28, 2007 7:42 pm

DatDude wrote:Mana is a video game character, and not in the show itself.

I fail to see your point.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon May 28, 2007 7:45 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
DatDude wrote:Mana is a video game character, and not in the show itself.

I fail to see your point.

Umm if your not in ep 1-26 death & rebirth or EoE your not in eva cannon.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon May 28, 2007 8:31 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Kaminoyouni wrote:meanwhile back on topic... i'm still the same ritsuko/Shinji fan i was back when i first started here on EMF(don't worry i know nobody cares)

That's a first. Honestly i've never seen a S/R fan before. Interesting.
i'm full of suprises :twisted:
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 28, 2007 9:47 pm

DatDude wrote:Umm if your not in ep 1-26 death & rebirth or EoE your not in eva cannon.

Canon rarely has anything to do with fan shippings.
Awesomely Shitty

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”