Fave Couple

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 pm

One True Quarium

(spinoff from OTP aka One True Pairing, obviously)

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Re: Fave Couple

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:anyway, Shinji / Asuka. they must f**k like jackrabbits.

There's more to pairings/relationships/ships/etc., than sex, you know - how would they attract to each other? How would they repel each other? You know, like magnets, or more accurately, a BUNCH of magnets - the trick is see how many of them attract or repel. The "fucking like jackrabbits/tigers/etc" argument has been spit out all over the forum (indeed, even by me, though not in a shipping context), but provides little backing as to whether the pairing actually WORKS.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:but provides little backing as to whether the pairing actually WORKS.

HARD WORK AND GUTS

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:23 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:anyway, Shinji / Asuka
I don't even think SSD-chan goes quite that far; which is saying something.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rock-Slash » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Asuka/Shinji for me. Above the others. But frankly anyone who would be able to make the poor schmuck at least SOMEWHAT happy. :shinji_boohoo:
Why this sound so familiar...

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I like Shinji/Asuka the most, not because it would be "healthy" for either of them or because it "would work in the long run," (it's weird to talk about fictional characters that way) but because it's lethally cute. Also, it has the most support from the show, imho.

Shinji/Kaworu is a close second, especially if it's manga Kaworu in question. ^_^

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Lucretius wrote:I like Shinji/Asuka the most, not because it would be "healthy" for either of them or because it "would work in the long run," (it's weird to talk about fictional characters that way) but because it's lethally cute. Also, it has the most support from the show, imho.

Shinji/Kaworu is a close second, especially if it's manga Kaworu in question. ^_^

Meh, maybe I'm being a little too uptight, but...

What about that thing in your sig?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Just because one proudly supports something does not mean that said thing one supports has to be their favorite. xP

Besides, we all know Shinji/Sachiel would be a one night stand. The true romance lies with Sachiel/Shamshel. Angel Kiss FTW!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:
shinjidoggysasuka wrote:anyway, Shinji / Asuka. they must f**k like jackrabbits.

There's more to pairings/relationships/ships/etc., than sex, you know - how would they attract to each other? How would they repel each other? You know, like magnets, or more accurately, a BUNCH of magnets - the trick is see how many of them attract or repel. The "fucking like jackrabbits/tigers/etc" argument has been spit out all over the forum (indeed, even by me, though not in a shipping context), but provides little backing as to whether the pairing actually WORKS.

it dose, opposites attract, those two are like yin and yang. thhey work perfectly.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Opposites don't always attract.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:
Vegeta 20XX wrote:

it dose, opposites attract, those two are like yin and yang. thhey work perfectly.

I'd say that if it could work, it'd be more because they're not nearly as different from each other as they like to think. And, of course, that makes things interesting. :P

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:19 pm

If you want bunny!love, you have AU!Asuka/Touji.

Misato - their neighbour in the AU - is shown commenting to Ritsuko on their non-stop mating habits over the phone.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 pm

LiLi wrote:If you want bunny!love, you have AU!Asuka/Touji.
And long live the only canon consummated Asuka pairing!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
LiLi wrote:If you want bunny!love, you have AU!Asuka/Touji.
And long live the only canon consummated Asuka pairing!

It's my Asuka!OTP... :blush:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 pm

I continue to stick with the ReixShinji pairing.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I continue to stick with the ReixShinji pairing.

And if you want to pair Shinji (or anyone, really) with someone who has the emotional understanding of an autistic kindergartener and who, based on the timeline, can't physically be any older than 10 "real" years (yay sci-fi super-aging), I can't stop you.

But I can still be really creeped out by it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Don't forget the fact she's the mother of everybody on Earth as Lilith and personally Shinji's mother due to Yui's DNA.

Seriously, it's just squicky. >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm

And I love it. *waves R/S flag*

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm

esselfortium wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:I continue to stick with the ReixShinji pairing.

And if you want to pair Shinji (or anyone, really) with someone who has the emotional understanding of an autistic kindergartener and who, based on the timeline, can't physically be any older than 10 "real" years (yay sci-fi super-aging), I can't stop you.

But I can still be really creeped out by it.

Not to mention she is her mother, metaphysical mother archetype, mother of humanity and mother of all life

That's...

well, Shinji'd be Oidipus Rex equivalent of Gurren Lagann then.

in other words: R/S is extreme squick

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm

R/S is squick.

A/T is only viable in the real world.

A/K will never happen.

S/K is less likely to happen.

I ship Retake After!Shinji and Retake After!Asuka.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”