Gundam must be stopped

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm guilty of watching 5 gundam series. :oops:

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:29 pm

Holy crap that was terrible
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:42 pm

Oh my god...the RX-78 and Amuro aren't that weak... :shock:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:29 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:finished :D :P [url]http://www.freewebs.com/sixwingedangel/evabattle.html[/url]

Awww. That was dissapointing. :(

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am

Good for a laugh though :lol:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am

....whatever :P Thanx for the comments! it's my first flash anyway :P
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 am

In terms of Flash skills...it isn't really good but in terms of humor, I give a 100 upon 100 :wink:
Char Aznable, the Red Comet.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 am

Six Winged Angel wrote:....whatever :P Thanx for the comments! it's my first flash anyway :P

Dont give up trying :wink:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Dr. Strangelove
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:18 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Six Winged Angel wrote:....whatever :P Thanx for the comments! it's my first flash anyway :P

Dont give up trying :wink:

Feh! Trying is the first step to failure! Don't try anything..

Anyway, the flash was funneh..

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Out of curiosity why do guys have the hate on for Gundam anyways, what has Gundam ever done to you? Besides the RX-78 is defiantly no match for and Eva. why not use Gundams Like Wing Zero, or Double X which had a feasible chance at beating a Eva's AT field because of there uber weapons, or the Psycho, or Destroy gundams which are the same size as the EVAs (40 meters).

P.S. the reason I say Evas are 40 Meters

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelion_%28mecha%29[/url]

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:45 pm

... Personally, I love Gundam Seed/Destiny. NGE and GS are the only anime series I have the full set of, and I've got both the GSD DVDs there are to get right now.

I haven't seen any of Wing or G or anything though.
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:19 am

i can't say i like gundam because i have gundam fanboy friends who always bash eva
now, gundam seed seems to be some good, but nothing like nge

i used the RX-78 cause i found it most classic, trust me, not even a strike freedom or a destroy gundam could beat eva-01 (and a good gundam with a good pilot can beat a destroy gundam)
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:14 am

Could a beam saber cut an AT field?

Guess not

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:08 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:i can't say i like gundam because i have gundam fanboy friends who always bash eva
now, gundam seed seems to be some good, but nothing like nge

i used the RX-78 cause i found it most classic, trust me, not even a strike freedom or a destroy gundam could beat eva-01 (and a good gundam with a good pilot can beat a destroy gundam)

I guess that is true about the Destroys but this also means size doesn't matter.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:30 am

The flash is truely hilarious. Well just like the Eva Monkey said soon Gundam Seed would disappear and some new Gundam animation has to be constantly written to remind poeple of its existence. But Evangelion doesn't need that. 26 episodes plus 2 movies are enough to tell poeple how powerful it is.

Evangelion forever!
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:13 am

Gundam doesn't need it either - that's why people still make fanart of the original Gundam, models are constantly produced of it, and the original series hasn't been released here subbed because they (Bandai) were afraid everyone would import it for cheaper (that's the real reason the MSG DVDs don't have anything but English audio for the domestic release).

I'm really rather annoyed at the Gundam hate, myself. I've seen almost every single Gundam show and love both them and EVA. Besides, you can't really compare the mecha - a barrier (made from the soul) that's nigh impermeable, compared with realistic robots whose most advanced technological shield (beam shields) can't block the most powerful shots dished out by upgraded units? Yeah, that's just wrong.

To be honest, I think only a few people on this board have ever actually seen Gundam outside of something like SEED, Wing, or G, all of which were alternate universe titles (Universal Century titles like the original Gundam are considered better).
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:48 am

although Wing is my favorite, Im still a huge fan of the Orignal MSG, and the rest of the UC timeline.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:50 pm

I think "Shining Burning Finger!" could cut through the ATF or at least...well you know work as a great "international sign for bad driving" i.e. flipping the bird. And I liked G Gundam.....it was all about political metaphors......which is why it's probably the only Gundam I could get into.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:22 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:I think "Shining Burning Finger!" could cut through the ATF or at least...well you know work as a great "international sign for bad driving" i.e. flipping the bird. And I liked G Gundam.....it was all about political metaphors......which is why it's probably the only Gundam I could get into.

G Gundam was all about robots beating each other up, hot blooded pilot style. It's a super robot show. And, IMO, the most likely candidate (Turn-A, Turn-X, Wing Zero, Double X and Virsago+Ashtaron aside) able to take down an EVA using Gundam weaponry. Shining Finger and Burning God Finger are, in a nutshell, masterfully powerful.
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:55 pm

Ryousanki King wrote:
G Gundam was all about robots beating each other up, hot blooded pilot style. It's a super robot show. And, IMO, the most likely candidate (Turn-A, Turn-X, Wing Zero, Double X and Virsago+Ashtaron aside) able to take down an EVA using Gundam weaponry. Shining Finger and Burning God Finger are, in a nutshell, masterfully powerful.

On MAHQ forums some of us are trying to ban G Gundam MS from the VS forum because they are more like Super Robot than Real robots. To me G Gundam was a Ripoff of DBZ with Gundams. I me come one Master Asia was so powerful he destroyed like 3 Mobile suits using Domons Head Band.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”