Stryker Rewatches Evangelion (SRE)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I don't want you guys to expect much for the next week and a half; This is a test week for my school.
Good luck on your tests :asuka_thumbsup:

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I don't want you guys to expect much for the next week and a half; This is a test week for my school.

Good luck, man. After your tests you can relax by watching the last few episodes of NGE!

...On second thought, you should probably do something a bit more pleasant before you get started on those....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Tests are over. I should get another set of notes up soon.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:Tests are over. I should get another set of notes up soon.

That's great to hear ^_^
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

This came out later than expected.

Episode 20: Form of a Mind, Form of a Man

SPOILER: Show

(2.09): I don't know about other people, but listening to Eva Unit 01 is hilarious.

(3.21):
Maya: But those chairs are cramped, and the sensors don't operate well.

I like how, after facing death for the umpteenth time, they manage to complain about cramped chairs and crappy sensors. The sensors, I get, but cramped chairs? You can stand up if you don't like the chairs, whiny woman.

(4.10): Right here, Hyuga and Misato are discussing about how Unit-01, despite all the restraints, is not to be trifled with (or something like that). Hyuga would go to crack the joke, "It's as inpredictable as you are, Misato." The funniest thing is how Misato completely ignores him a la Master Chief style. And Hyuga's response? It looks like he is sulking because he failed at making Misato smirk. What makes it even better, is that he apologizes to Misato for that.

(5.35):
Misato: Just what is an Eva?
Ritsuko: It's something created by man in Man's own image. I really can't describe it any other way.

That is the most bullshit statement I've ever heard.

(6.21):
Asuka: Of course I know that Wonder Girl is still alive! Why are you bothering with trivial crap like this, Misato?!

And people say Asuka is not a bitch? Really? If you hear the tone Asuka gives when she says this, it is absolutely astounding how little respect she has for the fact that one of her fellow colleagues, who is just as responsible for protecting humanity as Asuka is (which is quite dismal in comparison to Shinji, but still), is still alive after facing one of NERV's greatest foes. I would slap the fuck out of her if she said that to me.

(7.21):
Misato: You're saying that Shinji has shifted into a form we cannot see?
Maya: Yes, the LCL has chemically altered into something very similar to that of the sea water of primitive Earth.
Misato: You mean, like a primordial soup?

Actually, not exactly.

(9.20): The entire sequence where Shinji repeats "Enemy!" and there are quick-frames of Gendo is so far the creepiest things in the series. I mean, one of the frames is Gendo doing the gendo pose, but the glasses, rather than refracting the light off his desk, actually is completely black as if it were a negative. It's hard to watch in the middle of night.

(10.26):
Shinji: It's true! I knew Eva. Then I escaped! I really escaped, leaving my mother and father behind!

And you could make that decision. . . at three years old? That doesn't really add up.

(11.39): Here, we get a good image of the A10 interface headset. As we can all see, It appears that it isn't like those hair pieces you attach to the top of your head, but actually something you wear from the back of your head pointing upwards, in which it is hidden by your hair. But, how does that explain how Asuka pins her hair with her headset? Could it be a combination of the two?

(13.58): I hope I'm not the only one who naturally stared at their boobies during this sequence.

(17.29):
Misato: What good is this science, when it can't even save one small life? Give my Shinji back! GIVE HIM BACK!

That was initially hard to watch.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Someone far more intelligent than me once noted that when the three girls are overlaid in the "Do you want to become one with me?" sequence, it looks sort of like Yui.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:(6.21):
And people say Asuka is not a bitch? Really? If you hear the tone Asuka gives when she says this, it is absolutely astounding how little respect she has for the fact that one of her fellow colleagues, who is just as responsible for protecting humanity as Asuka is (which is quite dismal in comparison to Shinji, but still), is still alive after facing one of NERV's greatest foes. I would slap the fuck out of her if she said that to me.

...Ditto.
Sure, she probably has the worst backstory in a world where everyone's lives are hilariously screwed up, but this (and a similar act in episode 16 ) are seriously callous.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(7.21):

Actually, not exactly.

Note that when they say that, the EVA appears to be staring sideways, right at them... but wasn't it staring straight ahead a few shots ago? If the eyes were still in that same position, we'd see them in a profile shot, not the entire round thingies.
They're following them around.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(9.20): The entire sequence where Shinji repeats "Enemy!" and there are quick-frames of Gendo is so far the creepiest things in the series. I mean, one of the frames is Gendo doing the gendo pose, but the glasses, rather than refracting the light off his desk, actually is completely black as if it were a negative. It's hard to watch in the middle of night.

...And thus, following the events of episode 18, Shinji reaches the decision that he just plain hates Gendo.
In episode 19, he reached the point where he could separate Gendo as the father, whom he wanted to spite after the Bardiel incident, and his organisation, that is still in charge of protecting the world, which is why he comes back, and continues their... working relationship, but the personal one is all but terminated, and we see some long-surpressed agressions come to the surface - Note the brief focus on the ripped ID-document from episode 1.
Another relevant point is the latent blame for Yui's death - at least here, poor Gendo is innocent and as clueless as anyone else...

They never really talk after this, there's only that brief "What is he planning?" sort of contenplation in episode 24, but from here on, Shinji considers the whole Gendo deal over.
We get to see less of Gendo's PoV because that's how that sort of character works, we only see him do plotting from now on, no more personal interactions, but it wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume that he saw the Bardiel incident as yet another proof that people can't understand each other, and threw himself even deeper into his work.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(10.26):
And you could make that decision. . . at three years old? That doesn't really add up.

What we're seeing here are probably little more than hazy recollections of very early childhood - this may have been a situation as simple as, "Big Mecha goes out of control, clueless toddler gets frightened and hides behind console until situation was resolved"
The crucial thing is that he seems to be that he realized Yui's presence/involvement (...I ran away from father and mother...", and that he did not enter this place for the first time when he arrived a few months ago.
So far, his situation seemed like that of a mostly normal, average kid who got dragged into a rediculous, crazy situation without prior warning, and got... warped/altered/wasted as a result, experienced things no human was meant to see, was boiled alive, liquified, experienced a Berserk, can't wash the stench of blood off himself anymore... and then, the rug is pulled: He never even was normal to begin with, he was born into this crazy world of conspiracies, demons and gods, he was always comming here... And the frightening realization that there's many, many things about himself and his family that he had no clue about....

View Original PostStryker wrote:(13.58): I hope I'm not the only one who naturally stared at their boobies during this sequence.

He's liquified, but that doesn't keep him from having perverted fantasies XD
What a sadistic choice, to have to pick one of these hot chicks to "become one" withXD

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Someone far more intelligent than me once noted that when the three girls are overlaid in the "Do you want to become one with me?" sequence, it looks sort of like Yui.

...Could be related to how the three are meant to represent the different faces/aspects of the female sex to him.
Ether that, or that's his subconcious trying to process Yui contacting him inside EVA 01 by trying to express it to his concious self as a roughly equivalent image.
The final "What do you really want?" Montage does include Yui's shadow.

What ultimately prompts him to recognize Yui's presernce as such is Misato actic maternal or at least showing outward concern for him -
He first wonders wether that scent he percieved is Misato's (The association ) his next guess is Rei, who probably actually smells somewhat similar to Yui, but apparently, Shinji can tell them appart. By scent. Try not to dwell on the weirdness of that.
But babies, yes, human babies, DO have some degree of scent-recognition of their mommies going on.
Of course, there's another situation where a human, generally not a a very nose-based creature, at least not conciously, would conciously remember the specific scent of another human: If they're your lover.
Did I mention that the sense of olfaction, or rather, the sensory brain areas in charge of smelling stuff, are directly connected to the limbic system (source of emotions?), at least more directly than the other senses?
So in all those many instances where there's talk of specific scents in EVA-related contexts, that may be the pilot's brain's interpreting some telepathic presence/connection from the EVA-mindlink as a scent.

Another interesting bit are those reflections that Shinji has about how much his life and understanding of it has changed during his stay in Tokyo-3.
"Rei": "What's loneliness?"
Shinji: "I was never aware that I was lonely, but I think I know the feeling now."
"Rei": "And what's hapiness?"
Shinji: "I never knew what hapiness was, but I think I know the feeling now."
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

My most sincere pardon, freaking projects everywhere. I might not be able to do another one for a while, but I'll see what I can do.
The Moats of Quotes

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:My most sincere pardon, freaking projects everywhere. I might not be able to do another one for a while, but I'll see what I can do.

no probs. RL can be a bitch sometimes, most of us know that, and those who don't probably aren't better off for it.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 pm

EVANGELION. IT'S BEEN TOO LONG.

Episode 21: The Birth of Nerv

(3.48): Yui Ikari's surname is Ikari. . . meaning that Gendou changed his name to hers (considering that his original surname was Rokubungi. A testament to Gendou's obsession with Yui.

(4.17): Yui Ikari wears a pink shirt. Not exactly purple like Eva Unit-01's coat of armor, but rather close.

(4.57): As is observable here, Gendou's original last name is Rokubungi.

(5.11): The fuck happened to your face, Kozoman?

(5.44): I wonder what gave you that idea, Kozoman.

(5.54): Yui is now wearing Red. Unit-01, depending on the "light", can be that shade of red, but is still strictly purple. Again, red is quite close to purple. . .kind of.

(6.25): An interesting portrait of Gendou. We should use portraits like these for the character analysis pages on the Wiki.

(7:00):
Fuyutsuki: I heard you were with the Katsuragi research team.
[b]Gendou: Fortunately, I left for Japan a day before the incident.[/b]
Fuyutsuki: You don't say?

Sketchy as fuck, bro.

(7.22): Funny, her hair is blue.

(7.41): Gendou smiling makes me feel fuzzy on the inside.

(8.09): MFW friends link me to tumblr page full of dicks. Anyways, I think this is the first time where we see Fuyutsuki genuinely upset by anything.

(8.20): OMG SHES ADORABLE

That's a terrible thing to say right now.

(8.49): I always find it interesting when they use actual photos when reading newspapers (they are slightly blurred, but you can still tell). Also, is that circled Hideaki Anno?

(11.02): Why are all the adult characters when teens or less super moe and shit? I mean, look at Ritsi-kuu, she's so fucking cute.

(11.08): "Beware! I am the scary five-eyed giant from the dogma below! Fear my droopy hands!"

(13.23): HNNNGG~~

(13.44): MAKE IT STOOOOP

(15.16): Why does she get to wear purple, but not Yui?

(15.51): Note Rei's garb. She's wearing pink and red, the same colours Yui did throughout the episode. This adds to the uncanny similarity between Rei and Yui (let alone the hair and eyes), and is a reminder for those who watched the series before that Rei is almost a reincarnation of Yui.

(19.18): She seemed surprised she got freed.

This episode should be called, "Cute people and how their parents died."
The Moats of Quotes

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:(3.48): Yui Ikari's surname is Ikari. . . meaning that Gendou changed his name to hers (considering that his original surname was Rokubungi. A testament to Gendou's obsession with Yui.

Not sure if you would need a definitely feminine pronoun to say this in the original viewers - So first time viewers might expect the mystery giftetd student to turn out to be Gendo.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(4.17): Yui Ikari wears a pink shirt. Not exactly purple like Eva Unit-01's coat of armor, but rather close.

Note the sloooow paninng to leave time for the shock value. So, here we finaly get to see what Yui looks like, but one of the weird conventions of the universe is that Shinji himself doesn't get a good look at her face before Third Impact.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(4.57): As is observable here, Gendou's original last name is Rokubungi.

Just the sound of it: Ro-ku-bun-gi Gendohh.
Like the deep sounds of a pipe organ.
At this point, I must note that his perpetually grinning younger incarnation is like the hottest thing ever. (Cept Rei, of course)

View Original PostStryker wrote:(7.41): Gendou smiling makes me feel fuzzy on the inside.

This, along with a few occassions involving Rei and his face in the "congratulations" shot is one of the few instances where we get to see what Gendo's genuine smile looks like (in contrast to the more frequent confident smirk ) The strange thing is, it looks just like Shinji's.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(11.02): Why are all the adult characters when teens or less super moe and shit? I mean, look at Ritsi-kuu, she's so fucking cute.

A rare look at what she looked like before her corruption.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(11.08): "Beware! I am the scary five-eyed giant from the dogma below! Fear my droopy hands!"

I loved how the German dub inserted a little title drop here. "Schließen Sie sich uns an, Professor! Verhelfen Sie der Menschheit zu einer neuen Genesis!"

View Original PostStryker wrote:Image

...and he used to be such a cute, cheerful, completely normal three-year old, with absolutely no indication that he'd ever be anything other thab a happy, productive member of society, let alone anything resembling a nervous wreck.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(15.51): Note Rei's garb. She's wearing pink and red, the same colours Yui did throughout the episode. This adds to the uncanny similarity between Rei and Yui (let alone the hair and eyes), and is a reminder for those who watched the series before that Rei is almost a reincarnation of Yui.

That's a lot to read into a color that is just commonly worn by little girls.
What might be notable is that Rei earlier stated to dislike red. So either Gendo chose the outfit (He wears red all the time) and Rei simply didn't assert her own taste until she got put in charge of buying her own clothes.
Or, the color preferences simply differ between the clones.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote: But note the scene with Shinji observing Bardiel: He was standing on the beachfront (if you can call it that), waiting for Bardiel. From that scene, to the scene where Shinji and Bardiel are about to duke it out, Shinji hasn't moved. Again, it would be completely inconsistent for Shinji to have not moved out of complete fear or shock, so it is obvious the Gendou did not tell Shinji to move up and cover Rei.

Gendou lied.

I don't think we can really conclude that. The plot is essentially railroading Shinji into a one-on-one with Bardiel, and this itself is a device to railroad Shinji into a head to head confrontation with Gendo.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:He would have prefered to have Shinji take Bardiel out -

It's part of that ongoing subplot about the trust between the two of them (and how this incident ultimately shattered it), he tells them not to cut down the synch ratio yet and tries to talk Shinji into fighting.
This is the part where he does royally fail, though part of it was also simply the differences in their character.
It is to be noted that he does actually stand up for once when he orders them to activate the dummy plug, there's some emphasis on the motion and the way he yells the next orders, opening his mouth all the way.

I think this is closer to the truth. Gendo was genuinely trying to reach out to Shinji here. Your later observations about Gendo's frustration are also interesting, along with the parallels to Shinji in the next episode.

I think people tend to focus too much on the immediate, narrative elements of the plot here. Ultimately, like the rest of Evangelion, the angels, evas, etc, are secondary to the interpersonal conflicts here. We should examine Shinji and Gendo's interaction here in the context of their relationship, not in the context of the Bardiel fight and its implications.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Rei's color palette is reversed (red/pink on the outside, white on the inside) and the stray lock of hair over her cheek is on the opposite side. Deliberate reversals like that are everywhere.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:41 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:(9.20): The entire sequence where Shinji repeats "Enemy!" and there are quick-frames of Gendo is so far the creepiest things in the series. I mean, one of the frames is Gendo doing the gendo pose, but the glasses, rather than refracting the light off his desk, actually is completely black as if it were a negative. It's hard to watch in the middle of night.

Great catch! In fact, there's a lot of weird things going on with the Gendo images here. I take it that the strangeness reflects Shinji's personal image of Gendo, and what he represents.
View Original PostKendrix wrote:Another relevant point is the latent blame for Yui's death - at least here, poor Gendo is innocent and as clueless as anyone else...
This is a pretty critical observation though. Shinji really does blame Gendo for Yui's death. The real question is: How long has he been holding this grudge?

View Original PostStryker wrote:(10.26):

I believe Shinji is talking about his encounter with the Eva in Episode 01, having just realised that he did know what it was all along. Although there's an outside chance is is referring to his earlier life, I'm pretty sure he is reflecting on why he initially refused to pilot.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(13.58): I hope I'm not the only one who naturally stared at their boobies during this sequence.

Actually, you were. The rest of us were reading the subtitles.

Also, I found it hilarious that Shinji's mental fantasy of Asuka still calls him "Baka Shinji". It's pricelessly Pavlovian.

View Original PostStryker wrote:(17.29):
That was initially hard to watch.
Image[/spoiler]

It's a powerful moment. The big question here is whether Misato's cries are what prompts Shinji to leave Eva 01, or Yui to release him. Also, who exactly does Misato cry "Give him back!" to here? Eva 01, or Ritsuko et al in the control room?

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Someone far more intelligent than me once noted that when the three girls are overlaid in the "Do you want to become one with me?" sequence, it looks sort of like Yui.

Keep in mind that Rei looks exactly like Yui anyway. I would regard the biggest evidence of these "sirens" not representing Yui as the fact that actually _do_ have faces. But that's for another thread.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:The final "What do you really want?" Montage does include Yui's shadow.

And if you look very closely, she comes complete with "bindings".
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 am

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:It's a powerful moment. The big question here is whether Misato's cries are what prompts Shinji to leave Eva 01, or Yui to release him. Also, who exactly does Misato cry "Give him back!" to here? Eva 01, or Ritsuko et al in the control room?

After a quick re-watch of these scenes, my impression is that the first case is happening. Shinji initially didn't want to leave the Eva because he felt unappreciated and that no one cared about his personal well-being. When Shinji saw how much Misato actually cared about him, his soul probably figured "Eh, what the hell." and decided to exit the core.

And if you look very closely, she comes complete with "bindings".

I think a faint image of Unit-01 superimposed on Yui would've been pretty cool here, along with a slight distortion of her voice. It would make for some awesome foreshadowing!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Episode 22: At Least, Be Human.

(2.05):
Scientist A: She sits there talking to that doll as if it were her real daughter.
Scientist B: I think it's because of the guilt she must feel. She devoted her life to research, not taking care of her daughter.
Scientist A: I sympathize with your grief.
Scientist B: But it's like looking at porcelain figures of a mother and her child. Perhaps not much is different between humans and dolls.
Scientist A: Man creates dolls in his own image.

I wonder if there is any form of direct evidence of Kyoko's guilt for Asuka, other than the Scientist B's speculation. Also, Scientist A sympathizes with Scientist B's grief. Grief implies that there was something lost. Was B a good friend with Kyoko? perhaps more?

(4.52): This in regards of the committee creating Evas 7-13.
Hyuga: Well, Could they be doing this in anticipation of intercepting multiple Angels at once?

You know, I've always wondered why this never happened. It could've ended up with very interesting results, especially if it were, say, Armisael and Arael at the same time. I don't know how they would be able to pull it off in less than two episodes (those angels specifically), but the idea is still very interesting.

(5.42): The phone rings. . .
Misato: Asuka!
Asuka: I'm not getting it. Anyways, it's probably Kaji calling for you. You should get it.
Misato: . . .Never again.

Can this be a meme?

(6.51): Phone call ends. . .
Shinji: You were one the phone for a while.
Asuka: Well, it's just a routine periodic communication.
Shinji: I wish I could talk with my family.
Asuka: Well, it's just for show. She's not my real mother. But it's not like I hate her or anything. I just feel uncomfortable talking with her. . . WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS (Interrabang)

This is to be the only moment where I have seen Asuka talk to Shinji with true sincerity. This is one of the more obvious hints that Asuka has a soft-spot for Shinji (if it really is one). I also find this scene to have one of the nicest shots of Asuka, as is seen below.

(7.57): Fan Service.
Faaaan seeerviiiiiice

(11.01): This is very interesting, the scene where Asuka is telling Eva Unit-02 that it is her doll, and that she wants it to do as it is told. It is because it gives a shot of 02, but it the way it is drawn as well as the perspective, it appears as if it is actually looking down at her. It's as if the Eva is passively asserts its dominance This is both from a full cage view perspective, as well as a first person perspective from Asuka. Look for yourself.

Oh, and this cute face from Asuka.

(20.06): Rei's gonna throw the lance. . .
Aoba: Rei is in position to throw.
Hyuga: Target sighted. Error corrections have been made.

Is Rei really this precise, or is Eva being adjusted by command?

(21.30): Note how 02 is looking at Asuka again, similar to how it did earlier. It feels as if its glance is expressing the, "I told you so," kind of look.
The Moats of Quotes

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon May 20, 2013 9:56 pm

This is a post. Now Stryker can post. Yay.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:This is a post. Now Stryker can post. Yay.

Yay for compassionate people!
View Original PostStryker wrote:You know, I've always wondered why this never happened.

Who knows, budget and time constraints maybe? Or did they already completely scrap that idea at this point?
View Original PostStryker wrote:I also find this scene to have one of the nicest shots of Asuka, as is seen below.

That's what happens when you give a budget to a certain director who turned into a fanboy after finishing a certain series...

View Original PostStryker wrote:Oh, and this cute face from Asuka.

And episode 24 kept all those herp-derp faces instead... Now I'm being really facetious, 24 overall wasn't really as bad as 22.

EDIT
@Stryker: are you following the OnAir or Video version? I fear that I can't tell it from those scenes. Also, how does it happen that you didn't make any note about the juiciest part of that episode?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue May 21, 2013 2:05 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:@Stryker: are you following the OnAir or Video version? I fear that I can't tell it from those scenes.

It's referred to as the "Renewal" edition. The catch though is that it doesn't have the added scenes, just the remastered versions of the same scenes.
View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Also, how does it happen that you didn't make any note about the juiciest part of that episode?

The Mindrape scene? I have nothing to add to that, other than what has been said millions of times before.
The Moats of Quotes

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:It's referred to as the "Renewal" edition. The catch though is that it doesn't have the added scenes, just the remastered versions of the same scenes.

Ahem, the Renewal features both the (pseudo) OnAir AND Video version:
Menu of disc 6  SPOILER: Show
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”