Asuka vs. Shinji Fist Fight: Who Wins?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Shinji the WAAMBulance. Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:13 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:1. I'm not going strictly by the Show's events, all that I'm assuming is that; he has the same backstory, he's fighting 17 angels in all, and certain mitigators that kept him from collapsing before are not present, or at least aren't fully there after Asuka arrives.

Wait, what? If you're going to ignore the show's events the entire premise changes. You're effectively saying "this character could totally get into a fistfight if he were a different character!" That's of course true, but it's also effectively meaningless for the purposes of this discussion.

2. I'm not assuming this could only happen after all 17 angels are dead. I' am not assuming this takes place after 3I.

That's the only time it could take place, though, since we know it didn't happen over the course of the series.

If these are the assumptions you're working with we really have nothing to talk about here.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Shinji makes no move to strike back against Touji; and even when later given a free shot to even things out, punches like a girl. In EoE he spends a lot of the time whining about not wanting to hurt people while being shot at.

He is not that autistic kid who turns into a kicking scratching biting ball of hurt when pushed too far -- far from it. Instead his transformation is into a doormat.

But what's different about this dynamic is that they're basically in agreement -- Touji isn't pushing Shinji at all. Shinji thinks he deserves it. Even the "free shot" is pretty much a favor to make Touji feel better. Shinji has no reason to become enraged.

In EOE, when Shinji says he doesn't want to hurt people, I wonder if he's at least partially referring back to his threat to destroy headquarters. Later on he knows that was foolish, of course -- but at the time he was willing to do it. Leaving Nerv wasn't just about his father's betrayal, but an admission that he's capable of doing something reckless when his blood is up. Maybe someone like that shouldn't be piloting, he reasons. Maybe he's right... in EoE, he decides EVERYONE should die because Asuka pisses him off. I'd call that evidence that she can drive him to impulsive decisions.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Shinji the WAAMBulance. Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:04 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wait, what? If you're going to ignore the show's events the entire premise changes. You're effectively saying "this character could totally get into a fistfight if he were a different character!"

I think I might have been unclear, I'm not ignoring Shinji as he acts in the series, I'm basing my scenario on that in fact. What I' am doing is mix and matching certain character actions and events as they occurred between the battles. I'm asking myself "What if Misato was killed or re-assigned?" or "What if Touji and Kensuke weren't there to crawl into the cockpit, or what if Touji simply lost his house in that battle instead and moved away?"

Shinji is only as different in my scenario as he is from one moment in the series, to another.

I'm not calling upon a state we've never seen him in, we've seen him in it. I'm postulating on what it would take to see something like that from him before Pre-3I.

And the answer is, it's the same as what he lost leading up to 3I, his support system.

You yourself agreed his killing of Kawrou only accelerated his decay, he was already doomed to it.

Thus, if he lost his support system earlier, was exposed to the pressure of his job unfiltered by friends, Kaji or Misato, and was at some point forced to verbally defend himself, I'm saying he would break much the same as he did in Pre-3I.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's the only time it could take place, though, since we know it didn't happen over the course of the series.

It happened in EoE, and similar desperate acts of a lesser emotional caliber occurred within the series. It's a part of his nature, it's far shorter-lived than the times he's being passive and apathetic, but it's still there.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:34 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Asuka's about to give him the beating of a lifetime, when it dawns on her that he's utterly at her mercy. She chooses discretion over valor, takes him to her room, and has her way with him. Shinji, being the obedient lad that he is, takes it like a man. Everybody wins! :toothy:

Or, I win, having an advantage in weight, height, and distaste for the lot of them. Besides, five years of running, biking, and the like have endowed me with superhuman kicking power - I'm not even lying about that.

On the other hand, I have an intense fear of serious injury in a fight, and probably wouldn't intervene in such a situation because of my pacifist/total pussy nature.

Seriously, though, it's more than likely that it'll end in a stalemate, while Asuka has the advantage of actually fighting, Shinji can snap if put into a situation where he has no other choice, evening the odds if necessary. I can't foresee a clear winner, however.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 am

Asuka beats the brains out of Shinji, no sweat. :shrug:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Their fight would go like this.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Does Shinji even know how to fist-fight?
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Does Shinji even know how to fist-fight?

Doubtful.

Honestly, my money's on Asuka simply because she's more aggressive as a rule and seems to be more 'okay' with escalating violence than Shinji. If I remember right, she has a couple of inches on Shinji, and with their respective ages being merely fourteen and Shinji being waifish by default, being of the male persuasion offers him no advantage.

Though if Shinji were to hit first, he might win. I honestly don't think Asuka expects anyone to ever bite her back. Not that beating up a fourteen-year-old girl is a particularly laudable or impressive feat.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby bigbadtyrant » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Of course Asuka wins, no contest. In fact i wouldn't bet money on it because it would just be sad. :coffee:
From the shadows i come!!!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 pm

View Original PostDer Kommissar wrote:Though if Shinji were to hit first, he might win. I honestly don't think Asuka expects anyone to ever bite her back. Not that beating up a fourteen-year-old girl is a particularly laudable or impressive feat.

Unless you take in to account that Shinji has no real advantage in either musculature or strength. It's entirely different than, say, Touji doing the same, in which it's an unfair fight.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 pm

I allow for that possibility purely on the basis of surprise. Life isn't an action movie - hit someone on the jaw the right way once and they'll go down.

Or get your hands around their throat, as it seems to be for Shinji.

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

I still wonder what kind of action would Shinji take if Asuka were to push him, like insult his dead mother and tell him the that his father doesn't love him.

he'd probably choke her, fail and masturbate. WAY TO GO CHAMP.

"Cough- Anno sick son of a b** Cough-"
It's too late to pry away.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Asuka vs. Rei (if commanded) Bitchslap Fight: Who Wins?

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Forget Shinji. How about good ol' red vs blue?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Asuka vs. Rei (if commanded) Bitchslap Fight: Who Wins?

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:Forget Shinji. How about good ol' red vs blue?

Still Red. Rei would only fight if she was ordered to, and even then she doesn't appear to be very good at it (though in fairness Asuka doesn't either, at least outside of Eva).

Though again, I have to question how it would happen; we never saw it in the show, despite the animosity between the two, so I'm hard-pressed to imagine a scenario where it might occur.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Asuka vs. Rei (if commanded) Bitchslap Fight: Who Wins?

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Though again, I have to question how it would happen; we never saw it in the show, despite the animosity between the two, so I'm hard-pressed to imagine a scenario where it might occur.

It seemed to have been pretty close to happening in Episode 16, so i imagine that some sort of event (Likely Angel related) That brings their differences to light could stimulate a fight.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm

That's just it, though: if it were going to happen that'd be the natural place for it. Since we didn't see it . . . :shrug:

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 pm

A physically-fit girl vs. an athletically-indifferent boy? That sounds like an even match. Shinji would lose though, he just doesn't have the will for it. Asuka just has more rage/pride in her. If you caught her between 15th and 16th Angel, she actually might kill him.

Manga!Asuka apparently knows kung-fu, so it probably wouldn't be much of a match there.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 pm

In a normal senario Asuka would win hands down. :asuka_thumbsup:
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Asuka. She has military training, a backbone and anger management issues. Shinji is too passive and wouldn't even fight back likely. Pre-Instrumentality and EoE scenes not withstanding since that was Shinji pushed beyond all limits. I mean Asuka would have to kill Misato and Rei, break his SDAT and cello, piss on Yui's grave and call her a whore in front of him to get him to the point we see in EoE otherwise. :headbeat:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm

^ your talking about manga Asuka when pertaining to the military training right?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”