Everlasting Love

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

Everlasting Love

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:41 pm

Does anyone think that they will love the shoe Neon Genesis Evangelion forever. Also does anyone believe that that will love one character from that show forever?
I know that I will always love Evangelion
I know that i will always love Kaworu for eternity, since after all we are soul mates. we were ment to be together for ever.
Love always
Yuko-chan
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

Re: Everlasting Love

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:Does anyone think that they will love the shoe Neon Genesis Evangelion forever. Also does anyone believe that that will love one character from that show forever?
I know that I will always love Evangelion
I know that i will always love Kaworu for eternity, since after all we are soul mates. we were ment to be together for ever.
Love always
Yuko-chan

Woah... :shock: Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up. This is the first time I've seen someone with this level of obssesion.

Anyways, I doubt I will be able to love NGE forever. It is doubtful that I can keep an interest in anime even when I'm 50+ (assuming I'm alive at the time), but at the time being, it is still an anime that I can really like/love.

As for the characters, I don't exactly "love" any character to the extent that I would want to be with them forever, so I won't say anything about that.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Woah... Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up. This is the first time I've seen someone with this level of obssesion.

You should've seen me with Asuka after the first time I watched Evangelion... Fortunately/Unfortunately, I pretty much grew out of it.

Now a days, I don't think I'll get over Evangelion, not until I'm dead. It's a huge part of my life and has really help shape me into the person I am today. I guess it's just a matter of "how much do I like the series" as I grow older.

Back in the day, I'd hands down say "Asuka, totally. Her and I are ment to be together forever and nothing will seperate us, not even death. It might even bring us closer together since Asuka is heaven." But as I said, I think I pretty much grew out of that whole little phase.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:50 pm

I've largy moved on, but lack of money has kept me from finding a new favorate series. That and unempoyment has had me hanging out here more often :)
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:17 pm

You know, have obsession issues, but I know it sure as hell wont last forever.

5 years, if I'm lucky

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

•      
  •      

Postby chiefen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:21 pm

Do you mean love as in being in love? My little period of "obsession" (if you with to call it that) ended a long time ago. But it will always live on in a special place inside of my heart, and I will watch it every now and then.
Last edited by chiefen on Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NGE, N. G. E., N. G. Evangelion, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

NOT Eva or EVA. Please. >_<

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:44 pm

I'll probably remember and like Evangelion for life, because it does sort of...alter your outlook on things.

But I won't be obsessed with it. My period of Eva obsession is slowly fading out. It's lasted for about 3.5 years, so it's about time.. o__o;; Buuut, I still watch it a lot, and it's still my favorite series.

...though I feel sorry for you if you're destined to be with a fictional character for eternity. That's gotta be pretty lonely.
i AM the internets.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:32 pm

So is this part of the wave of new people from Adult Swim we've been anticipating?

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:46 pm

drinian wrote:So is this part of the wave of new people from Adult Swim we've been anticipating?

Sigh, probably so....

And given that the series hasn't even come close to heating up on Adult Swim, we haven't seen nothin' yet.

I'm still trying to brace myself for the wave of high school emo kids who will most likely be hitting these forums thinking that Evangelion is all about their life "struggles".

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:05 pm

I'm hoping to move on from Eva. I think I'll always like/love/appreciate it to some degree. I'm hoping to culminate my Eva fandom with a book and be down with Eva for a while. It does tire me out after so long.

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:53 am

I think I moved on a few months after watching the last of the series episodes, but fell back into liking it after I read Eva:R. Funny story about that, but I'll sum up to say that I read Eva:R before I got to see EOE, so you can imagine the way it altered my outlook on things. But even after that, I got over Eva again about a year later.

Today however I am involved in writing Evangelion fanfiction as an exercise whenever I get writer's block. It tends to help, so it's never too far from my mind, but mostly only because I have to think of it in terms of how I can change it, which doesn't do much for my level of satisfaction.

Suffice it to say, I'm utterly disapointed in how Evangelion turned out, but respect the original creators for their ambition.

I always hope there will be something new added to the franchise, but then they go and make the various Raising projects, Iron Maiden games, and Amanda Win Lee says there is no "I" in Japanese, and I feel good about not caring as much anymore (which is not to say I don't care enough for it to bother me, and that's unfortunate.)

Oh well, Kaworu. We'll always have our song. *listens to the 9th symphany and swoons*
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:18 am

Heidroch wrote:
drinian wrote:So is this part of the wave of new people from Adult Swim we've been anticipating?

Sigh, probably so....

And given that the series hasn't even come close to heating up on Adult Swim, we haven't seen nothin' yet.

I'm still trying to brace myself for the wave of high school emo kids who will most likely be hitting these forums thinking that Evangelion is all about their life "struggles".

Well, isn't that true? Whaddya think EVA's about—fly fishing?

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:07 am

Carl Horn wrote:Well, isn't that true?

No.
I would prefer not to get into a "what Eva is about" debate, because we both know that will go nowhere. All I can say is that I certainly do not think Eva is about heavy makeup-wearing delinquents who listen to crappy music about pretend problems, and act depressed because they think it is cool to do so. Pathetic.

Carl Horn wrote:Whaddya think EVA's about—fly fishing?

:wink: Not quite fly fishing, if you would observe closely....

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/453/fish2pi.jpg
Last edited by Heidroch on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:48 am

I probably will always remember it...
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:25 am

I WILL LOVE EVANGELION FOR EVAAAAAAAAAAAAA(-01)!!!!
I will show it to my childs, and my childs to their childs and blah blah blah blah blah blah........
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:07 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:I WILL LOVE EVANGELION FOR EVAAAAAAAAAAAAA(-01)!!!!
I will show it to my childs, and my childs to their childs and blah blah blah blah blah blah........

You go dude/dudet I will totally do that too
Love always
Yuko-chan

"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:24 pm

dude please :P
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:12 pm

I'll finish with Evangelion once the pieces have all fitted together to my satisfaction. Then I shall sleep, my mind no longer tormented with question and doubt, forever at rest knowing Eva's true mysteries, or content to let them lie undisclosed.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:35 pm

Heidroch wrote:
Carl Horn wrote:Well, isn't that true?

No.
I would prefer not to get into a "what Eva is about" debate, because we both know that will go nowhere. All I can say is that I certainly do not think Eva is about heavy makeup-wearing delinquents who listen to crappy music about pretend problems, and act depressed because they think it is cool to do so. Pathetic.

"Oh, baby, look at you
Don't you look like Siouxsie Sioux?
How long it'd take to get that way?
What a terrible waste of energy
You wear black clothes, say you're poetic
Sad truth is you're just pathetic...

...Don't try to tell me you're an intellectual
You're just another boring bisexual
'I met Andy Warhol at this really chic party'
Blow it out your hairdo, 'cause you work at Hardee's
Eighty pounds of makeup on your art school skin
80 points of I.Q. located within."

—Dead Milkmen, "Instant Club Hit" (1987)

So you see, it's not a new problem :D

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:I'll finish with Evangelion once the pieces have all fitted together to my satisfaction. Then I shall sleep, my mind no longer tormented with question and doubt, forever at rest knowing Eva's true mysteries, or content to let them lie undisclosed.

Yeah That might never ever happen with evangelion :D
Love always
Yuko-chan

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”