Go Hikari! Lives

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 17, 2011 7:40 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:
SPOILER: Show

NIGOUKI'S MINE, YOU SKANKY BRIT! YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!!

*cough* Ahem. Sorry 'bout that.
Last edited by Bagheera on Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Anything above C are as a rule disgusting blobs of fat, modest talent is the best

I presume you mean the western scale not the Japanese scale.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue May 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Love the first "fighty Asuka" pic. I'm always amazed by the way they animate her hair. I really have a thing for redheads XD

Beast mode Asuka... not so much.
Not only would that be sort-of copycat, BM was tailored to Mari's character/the imagery used with her/her role in the plot.

Also, Asuka was always the "badass normal" of the pilots, the one with no real relation to the divine elements, who works with fancy weapons and the ketchup-y "oldfashioned" method... Her Rebuild Incarnation is particulary proud of beinmg "there because of her skill" - Compare the introduction battles - Asuka is skillful/ace-ish, Mari goes "Attack, Attack, Attack" and uses out-of-the-box-moves/tricks.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Beast mode Asuka... not so much.
Not only would that be sort-of copycat, BM was tailored to Mari's character/the imagery used with her/her role in the plot.

Given that she stole Asuka's role in the plot this is high comedy.

Also, Asuka was always the "badass normal" of the pilots, the one with no real relation to the divine elements, who works with fancy weapons and the ketchup-y "oldfashioned" method...

Suuuuure she was.

Air. Just sayin'.
Last edited by Bagheera on Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:
^This would have made the movie 100X better.
After aging ten years and getting sizable breast implants, apparently.
You forgot to factor in the coffee.

Group pic:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote: You forgot to factor in the coffee.

True, coffee does enhance bustlines! :lol:

Group pic:

I don't normally go for group pics but this one's pretty good.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:UNIT 02 IS MINE, YOU BRITISH BITCH! YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!!

*cough* Ahem. Sorry 'bout that.

Fine, have her, hope you have enough garage space to contain that, mind the electricity bill as well.

Enjoy your nightmare fuel.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue May 17, 2011 9:00 pm

^Yui looks mad.

Enjoy your nightmare fuel.
Speaking of which . . .
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^Yui looks mad.

Why do I get a piranha vibe from that?

Speaking of which . . .

Lolwut?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Little Rei is happy to see you.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:^Yui looks mad.

Speaking of which . . .

...Is that so?
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed May 18, 2011 1:06 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Anything above C are as a rule disgusting blobs of fat, modest talent is the best
Yeah, uhhhh, no...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Yeah, uhhhh, no...

Different guys like different things, obviously. There're also things like body type, character and age appropriateness, and the like to consider.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed May 18, 2011 5:48 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Different guys like different things, obviously. There're also things like body type, character and age appropriateness, and the like to consider.

Also shape of the cup too. Not just the size. :wink:

Again I have to remind everyone that cup size scale in Japan is different from the western scale. So if you see a cup C in Japanese source it is SMALLER than the C size you people have in mind.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed May 18, 2011 5:52 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Different guys like different things, obviously.
Which is fine, but describing all breasts larger than c-cups as "disgusting blobs of fat" is just... well, again, NO. Keeley Hazell and Iga Wyrwal want a word with him...
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Which is fine, but describing all breasts larger than c-cups as "disgusting blobs of fat" is just... well, again, NO. Keeley Hazell and Iga Wyrwal want a word with him...

Sure. I was more reacting to Stryker's notion that the pic in question reflected "real life", which isn't true -- it just reflects one particular taste, and distorts the characters to do it.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Sure. I was more reacting to Stryker's notion that the pic in question reflected "real life", which isn't true -- it just reflects one particular taste, and distorts the characters to do it.
Ah, well, in that case I'd agree.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed May 18, 2011 7:18 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Ah, well, in that case I'd agree.

Yup. One might thing they like the characters for, uh, the way they look.
I think it's one of the many, many great things about EVA how each of them is (well, mostly) cosistently given a certain "body type"/ they bothered to properly design more than just the face, the clothes and the boobs. (Shinji: Mostly average if a little scrawny/not-yet-developed looking, occassionally shown to be stronger than he is Asuka: Very thin, long legs, lots of ass, or well, lots by the standarts the rest of her stature sets and most of the time, small, hill-shaped boobs. Rei: somewhat below average-sized, round boobs, feminine hips, average quantity of body fat, slim, fragile-looking thighs, small, round-ish ass (which Shinji also has) Misato: above-average boobs, the sort of "pear shaped" ass that is 'in' at the moment, very curvy, feminine build, somewhat tall, etc....)

And its not like Eva doesn't have characters with (tastefully depicted) large boobs.
They seem to have perfected the art of the boob by Rebuild XD Look at Mari's - They aren't drawn as "big round balls", they actually obey gravity and display a realistic shape as she attaches the front of her suit.
But of course, the most triumphant example of realisticaly-moving-boob was seen in 1.11 :kensuke_drool:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:describing all breasts larger than c-cups as "disgusting blobs of fat" is just...
evidence of spending too much time on /a/.

Buffet of manliness  SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
Buffet of manliness  SPOILER: Show

BRAIN BLEACH! NOW!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”