Favorite/Least favorite charas & why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelion217
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion217 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 pm

My favorite character is Rei. But the ones I relate to the most, is Asuka and Shinji. Mostly because they are capable of showing their emotions. And I can relate to Asuka's anger more then anything else. And I think Shinji is brave for crying, and whinny, instead of trying to be another badass hero type. Although, I much rather die fighting(Asuka), instead of die crying(Shinji). Lol! :grin:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

"Komm Susser Todd" is the most up-lifting song about depression"- Evangelion217

It's stange that "Evangelion" became such a hit. All the characters are so sick!- Hideaki Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 26, 2008 4:46 pm

I guess I have to re-iterate that Asuka is the one who demanded that I love her.

Though Ritsuko is the character I say is mai waifu.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Squirrel Ninja
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Squirrel Ninja » Mon May 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Asuka is the one who demanded that I love her.

This for me too in a sence.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Mon May 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Dancemacabre wrote:My favorite character is Rei, closely followed by Shinji. Without Shinji, NGE would, as many have said before, never have happened :) and I find it somewhat endearing that as the hero of the series he possesses some of the most detrimental and negative aspects of the human psyche. As for Rei.. well... aside from the fact that I have a weakness for beautiful blue-haired videogame/anime characters (heh heh... KOS-MOS anyone?) Rei's personality and introverted manner makes her one of the most fascinating characters in NGE with a great deal of depth. Also, with a personality like Rei's, it makes even the most minute of acknowledgements or actions that she makes incredibly significant and noteworthy. So... GO Rei!

And yet, Kos-Mos is just a poor shadow of Teh Rei.

Or Rei is the Metal, KOS-MOS is techno, Yuki Nagato is New Wave, Raven is punk-rock, and Eureka is grunge.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon May 26, 2008 9:10 pm

How about Makoto Hyuga? The guy seems like he'd fit in with us.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:09 am

Oh man ... my favorite? Damn. I mean, Kaji is made of win, Hyuuga was great for the screen time he had, Misato...

I guess Shinji if I had to pick. Deep down, I think we all have a bit of Shinji in us. I could relate to the guy. If I was thrusted into a giant robot at that age, I think I would have reacted the same way (well, except Asuka. would've hated her).

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Unsophisticated Mecha Space Foushiicault.

StandardEvaFan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby StandardEvaFan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Kensuke for being an nerd.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

tian2992 wrote:But the only one I hate is Pen^2 ;)

WHAT?!?! You dare even joke about that? Pen^2 is the god of the Eva universe! Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and company should all bow down and worship the divine being! The angels should worship him too.

How could you people hate Kensuke for being nerdy?! The site's called EvaGeeks.org! Hypocrites!
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:34 am

Zerogoki wrote:Kaji - he waltzes in like the king of the world, causes trouble, breaks hearts, talks about watermelons, gives no real clue to his motives aside from the 'I was curious' thing, then finally cops it with an anonymous bullet in his big, stupid, always-smiling face!

Second. I really hate to reference Family Guy here, but I
can totally imagine Kaji speaking to the magic mirror on the
wall, asking:

"How can I look like a douche-bag today?"
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:56 am

I hate you.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:How could you people hate Kensuke for being nerdy?! The site's called EvaGeeks.org! Hypocrites!

:kensuke_sad: = Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!

@ chazthesilencer: :rofl:
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:05 pm

Zerogoki wrote:Kaji - he waltzes in like the king of the world, causes trouble, breaks hearts, talks about watermelons, gives no real clue to his motives aside from the 'I was curious' thing, then finally cops it with an anonymous bullet in his big, stupid, always-smiling face!

That's why he's my favorite character.

I don't think I have a least favorite character. Since seeing the series and coming here, I've put a lot of thought into each of them, and like all of them in their own way. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Ritsuko, or possibly Misato.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am

Kaworu, without a doubt.

He lasts only one or two episodes, and in that time he makes what seem to be more than just friendly advances towards Shinji. Shinji, desperate for attention, grabs onto it, happy that someone finally likes him for who he is. Then Kaworu turns out to be an angel, forcing Shinji in Unit 1 to fight Unit 2 so that he can reach Adam undisturbed. Finally, once Shinji has been through all that, he's now told that he needs to KILL Kaworu, the only person to have ever displayed affection towards him. Tell me that's not a jerk move.
Gamer_2k4

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 am

Kihl. He's kind of an asshole with his whole "Let's end the world" thing.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Kaworu, without a doubt.

He lasts only one or two episodes, and in that time he makes what seem to be more than just friendly advances towards Shinji. Shinji, desperate for attention, grabs onto it, happy that someone finally likes him for who he is. Then Kaworu turns out to be an angel, forcing Shinji in Unit 1 to fight Unit 2 so that he can reach Adam undisturbed. Finally, once Shinji has been through all that, he's now told that he needs to KILL Kaworu, the only person to have ever displayed affection towards him. Tell me that's not a jerk move.

If he didn't become friends with Shinji, he probably wouldn't have changed his mind about destroying humanity. :kawaii:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Sachi_13 wrote:
Gamer_2k4 wrote:Kaworu, without a doubt.

If he didn't become friends with Shinji, he probably wouldn't have changed his mind about destroying humanity. :kawaii:

Really? I thought it was because he was expecting to find Adam and found Lilith instead, which kind of ruined his plans. I suppose I'll have to watch that episode again.
Gamer_2k4

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Really? I thought it was because he was expecting to find Adam and found Lilith instead, which kind of ruined his plans.

:pray: Please don't let us start that discussion again! :pray:
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 pm

Zerogoki wrote: :pray: Please don't let us start that discussion again! :pray:

Or, if people must, please do it in the episode 24 plot hole thread.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Slothen wrote:If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Ritsuko, or possibly Misato.

It should be Ritsuko because she's not cuddly like "my precious" Misato-sama is. ;)

I was just going say a similar argument could be made about Kaworu, but Gamer beat me to it.

@ Chaz: :lol:

@ Iron Rooster: Toji doesn't strike me as being a self-centered shmuck like Kensuke is. Maybe it's because Toji has the whole "Gotta take care of Sis" deal going on but even though Kensuke seems the "nicer" of the two; not as brash about things as Toji, Kensuke sort of gets on my nerves in episode 19/sort of in general.

Chee wrote:Kihl. He's kind of an asshole with his whole "Let's end the world" thing.

QFT. At least Gendo's motives and Ritsuko's (I just don't like her personality) I can understand, but the "let's end the world lol" deal; not cool. And also, 2dimensonal (ha ha) characters suck. I hope Rebuild will give them some personality this time around.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”