First look at Unit 08 and Mari from the theatrical teaser for 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: First look at Unit 08 and Mari from the theatrical teaser for 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Not sure where people got the idea that Wille were a ragtag rebel group in the first place. A fleet of carriers and warships with at least two Evangelions is going to have significant amounts of money and resources backing it.

And still, Plug Suits are routinely held in place with tape...

For what we've seen, armor and metal are not a problem for Wille... Bio-organic materials seem to be what they have a hard time rebuilding.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

In Eva Q, who on Earth is left to find either party?

Patreon.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Patreon.

:lol:

WOAH! Crazy Woman Kidnaps Kid Stranded in Outer Space, Shinji Finally Gets Into the Robot, etc.  SPOILER: Show
"'SUP you Beautiful Bastards! Hope you're having a fantastic Thursday. Welcome back to the Gendo Ikari Show, and let's just jump into it!

And the first thing I wanna talk about today is this strange gathering of battleships out in the Pacific.

And by 'gathering,' I mean 'fleet.'

It seems as though this whole operation was started by a former employee of mine, a certain Misato Katsuragi. I worked with her dad once, and he was pretty cool. Her? Not so much.

Apparently she sent some people out into outer space and retrieved this Eva Unit that I really wanted. And I'm all pissed and shit, because that particular Eva Unit has my kid in it.

Oh, and if you're wondering, this kid's fine!

Honestly, I'm just happy that he actually decided to get in the fucking robot for once.

But anyway, long story short, I deployed a rescue team and now he's here safe with me.

And that's all I gotta say on the project.

For now.

And that's where I'm gonna end today's show. And remember, if you like this video and you like what we're trying to do here, let us know! Click or tap right there for that 30-day free Audible trial, or click or tap on my ugly face to support us on our Patreon.

But, of course, with that all being said, my name's Gendo Ikari, you've just been Gendowned, I LOVE yo' faces and I'll See. You. Tomorrow."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 am

:lol: (smiley doesn't work :( )
Oh man, but Gendo would have a hard time with that. I think even Fuyutsuki is more charismatic :P
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:And still, Plug Suits are routinely held in place with tape...

We also see Mari with 3 different plugsuit (Operation US, Central Dogma, 3.0+1.0 teaser).

I wouldn't be surprised if the in universe reasoning for the Operation US suits is mere compatibility with the helmet or something like that, and they simply didn't have spare old suits.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 am

On a more serious note, if most (if not all) of civilization is gone and everyone’s been living in a post-apocalyptic type of world, then I doubt there’s much either way with in terms of new resources coming into either Nerv or Wille. Nerv just currently has more resources due to its old relationship with world governments. They are sitting on old money as it were. Wille doesn’t have that luxury. (Unless there’s an unexplained backstory where they had a relationship similar to Jet Alone in the television series. But that’s not canon until it is canon.) This is what makes me think of Wille as a rag-tag group of people compared to Nerv. And seeing how there is no longer any talks of international governments or treaties between said governments in 3.33 (as there was in Nerv’s explained relationship with the UN in 1.11 and the Vatican Treaty in 2.22), this makes me wonder if there are any large government bodies left in Eva Q’s post-apocalyptic world to govern such large operations. It could be that every military installation has gone rogue and Kaji was the only one with enough connections and secret intelligence to have a post-apocalyptic plan to gather these fleets together and defeat Nerv.

At least, those are my thoughts given the little bits of evidence that we see throughout the NTE films as a whole so far.
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 am

Can't wait to see what the state of the world actually is.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm

^ That's where the ragtag aspect comes from, who the hell is left to support them? The world has been ruined and some kind of war occurred, the fact that many warships still exist in such good condition is amazing. Looking and Battlestar Galactica, in four years that ship (and their whole fleet) was in serious need of repairs, so they have to have a funding source, especially considering they also launched two EVAs into fucking space, but again, where are they getting all this support on a post-apocalyptic Earth?.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Settie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 am

If memory serves the chopper fleet that was leaving the Wunder near the beginning had the UN logo. So that'd be my guess to where funding and resources come from. It's also important to remember that 3.0 had a very myopic perspective, we only see the immediate area around Nerv and not much else. Like how in 2.0 countries and people were still around while what would be Antarctica looked worse than Nerv in 3.0 did.

Space missions with 2 several thousand ton payloads plus a huge naval fleet is not something that is just put together by a rag-tag group of survivors. Unless Anno went all "lol rule of cool" on us, it's likely there's more going on than what was shown in 3.0.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 am

There is also another scene where Kitinkami (the pink haired girl) was touching up her nails. If someone can still get nail polish, the world is not that bad of a shape.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Okay, true. But look how desolate Nerv is in Eva Q. In the previous films, they were clearly closely tied to the various governments of the world throughout certain treaties, and it was explicitly stated the they answered only to the U.N. It could be that Wille has that role in Q's (yet unexplained and unproven) worldwide political atmosphere, defending the world against Nerv, but that simply shifts the question from "Where does Wille" get their resources?" to "Where does Nerv continue to get its resources." If there was a political disagreement between the U.N. and Nerv, I doubt "old government money" is still a plausible explanation.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Resources they've always had ever since Nerv and the UN split from each other, perhaps?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 pm

My guess is that Nerv was getting its money and resources from Seele, considering that the new Eva Marl.09 had a Seele program on it. Seele likely continued funneling money to Nerv in secret without the rest of the world knowing.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Nerv has to be running on Seele resources now. They were struggling to keep things together after the 8th Angel's attack, so I don't see how they could build several dozen Evas plus equipment with just whatever they had stockpiled. Seele doesn't seem to be any kind of government entity on its own but they do hold Nerv's purse strings and god only knows what kind of money, technology and resource pools they have at their disposal, especially if they've been around since the dawn of human civilization like Gendo said. Nerv seems to have been reduced to just Headquarters but we don't know how far-reaching Seele's web might be.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:40 am

Yeah but... NERV was funded through the UN only because of SEELE's political influence, right?

SEELE themselves do not seem able to fully fund NERV's operational costs. R&D, fine, we see that SEELE was able to run things discretely for some time, but the cost of operating, maintaining, repairing and who knows what other gerunds requires full economical support from all the world (NGE points out that many countries give their money to NERV rather reluctantly and NTE shows that there are several geopolitical forces that keep Evas in check).

Now, if after N3I the cat got out of the bag and the world noticed that Evas are capable of waaay more than advertised, the UN would have started making questions. In that case, a rift between SEELE and the UN seems possible, with the later supporting Wille.
But then, if everyone knows the shady people of the monoliths that tricked everyone into making weapons of mass destruction are the ones responsible for making things go tumbling down, then why are they not freezing assets or confiscating bank accounts!?

As influential as SEELE appears to be, they do not seem to be a particularly large group of people. Can they really get away with pumping the astronomical amount of funds and materials required to make not one, but several Evas without anyone noticing!?

In short, things don't add up in Q...
Shocking! I know!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:As influential as SEELE appears to be, they do not seem to be a particularly large group of people. Can they really get away with pumping the astronomical amount of funds and materials required to make not one, but several Evas without anyone noticing!?

SEELE is not a group of people, it's a group of "something".

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:There is also another scene where Kitinkami (the pink haired girl) was touching up her nails. If someone can still get nail polish, the world is not that bad of a shape.

Nail polish is essentially a clear coat with some pigments thrown in (and dissolves in acetone). For all we know her nail polish is just a derivative of whatever they paint Evas with. ^_^
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Yeah but... NERV was funded through the UN only because of SEELE's political influence, right?

SEELE themselves do not seem able to fully fund NERV's operational costs. R&D, fine, we see that SEELE was able to run things discretely for some time, but the cost of operating, maintaining, repairing and who knows what other gerunds requires full economical support from all the world (NGE points out that many countries give their money to NERV rather reluctantly and NTE shows that there are several geopolitical forces that keep Evas in check).

I'll have to double check 1.0 but I don't believe this version of Seele's ever established as having open political clout. The council doesn't masquerade as a UN committee from what we've seen. They are a known entity to some degree since Misato knows of their existence in 2.0, but it's not clear what kind of relationship they have with the UN.

I think we'll need to know more about what Seele is before we can make any headway on figuring out how Nerv scrapes by. For all we know they have replicators or can transmute core into whatever raw materials they need. Not so outlandish for 'people' living in a flying pyramid, I guess. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:42 pm

See? The idea of “resources” is a strained concept to begin with in Eva Q. Where are these resources coming from for either organization?

*looks around at barren red oceans for a far as the eye can see*

*looks around at barren red wastelands for as far as the eye can see*

*looks around at a barren red globe from outer space*

I truly do not know.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:14 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:See? The idea of “resources” is a strained concept to begin with in Eva Q. Where are these resources coming from for either organization?

*looks around at barren red oceans for a far as the eye can see*

*looks around at barren red wastelands for as far as the eye can see*

*looks around at a barren red globe from outer space*

I truly do not know.

I agree with this more than with the voices in my head...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”