Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm

It’s really obvious to me that there was suppsosed to be a title card after Operation US. It’s almost to the point where I remember the film incorrectly, but the title landing after Part A is so powerful that the memory sticks in my mind. It’s almost more difiant of Eva Q to place the title card where it finally did. It opens up with this grand statement about how vastly different everything is, then slams the audience with a reminder that, yes, this is actually Evangelion 3.33.
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:It’s really obvious to me that there was suppsosed to be a title card after Operation US. It’s almost to the point where I remember te film incorrectly, but the title landing after Part A is so powerful that the memory sticks in my mind. It’s almost more difiant of Eva Q to place the title card where it finally did. It opens up with this grand statement about how vastly different everything is, then slams the audience with a reminder that, yes, this is actually Evangelion 3.33.

I'm going to have to disagree, is it different to have the title card in such a late place in the film? Yes. But it comes off as jarring and awkward and not in the same way as the story does. I would take points off the film rather than applaud it for doing so.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Will you guys use spoilers for now on?
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:27 am

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:Will you guys use spoilers for now on?

No. We don't even have a release date, for goodness' sake!

Spoiler policy will kick in for the release itself. All information released by khara and its affiliates beforehand through promotional means does not count.

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I'm assuming when they say the "third apostle" they're taking about the third Angel that appears in the beginning of Ha (2.0).

Who is "they"? What post is this, even?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:38 am

@FreakyFilmFan
It opens up with this grand statement about how vastly different everything is, then slams the audience with a reminder that, yes, this is actually Evangelion 3.33

I feel exactly the same way about it.
I also like the division it puts between Wille and Nerv.
What's funny is with either placement we have the iconic shot of Shinji waking up right after it.

@FriskyIan
But it comes off as jarring and awkward and not in the same way as the story does. I would take points off the film rather than applaud it for doing so.

I guess this is very subjective. I really liked it due to that effect FreakyFilmFan mentioned.

@Reichu:
Who is "they"? What post is this, even?

They mean the Minna no Eva Fan article.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am

We're looking at the script and my brain still balks at the idea that this movie finally exists. :lol:
View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:@FreakyFilmFan

I feel exactly the same way about it.
I also like the division it puts between Wille and Nerv.
What's funny is with either placement we have the iconic shot of Shinji waking up right after it..

I never really caught on to that before. Good observation! The one in 2.22 does the same thing, cutting from Mari and Kaji to Shinji and co.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 am

I remember showing Eva Q to a friend of mine for the first time, and after the title drop 30 minutes in he nearly applauded. He was like, “Oh, shit. That was only the beginning? Okay!” I like the gusto of movies that can do that.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:16 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:We're looking at the script and my brain still balks at the idea that this movie finally exists. :lol:

I don't want to ruin the good mood here. Feeling anticipation cannot be otherwise.

Except if it's about me.

Otherwise it would've been the easiest for Anno to already flat out state that he gives up making FINAL. I wouldn't even be angry at him.

I rather don't want to believe for the next trailer to exist and I wouldn't even watch it when it does.

And if I really do it, then I wouldn't tell you here. Because I know how I'll feel myself then and it would be the same as with The Punisher during his trail in Daredevil S2.

I don't want to break the promise I made here.
Last edited by The Cruel on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:59 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Who is "they"? What post is this, even?

Minna No Evafan also made a transcript of the available text from the picture. Some interesting excerpts:

“AVANT” is a word that refers to the beginning of a movie. (※: In “: Break”, the opening scene where Mari fights with the third apostle was called “Avant”.)

The script that appears in the photo is supposed to include “Avant 1”, “Avant 2” and “A part”, which are the opening stages of the movie.

In addition, you can also check handwriting that seems to be a supplement to the lines of the three people, “Kita” (Midori Kitakami), “A” (Asuka), “Shi”

:wink:

I read this in the front page of Eva Geeks. Sorry for the confusion.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Bold red text is reserved for staff
- Sachi

And it’s also bold from you to write into my post too so I deleted it.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 pm

Well it's nice to see things are coming along on track for 2020 :')

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 am

I wonder if we are looking at an early 2020 release with the dub starting so early in 2019.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:30 am

Going by the Netflix thing, it'll be december 31 2020, 00:00.
And people will wonder if that counts as 2020.
SPOILER: Show
I don't actually believe this.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:11 am

Question from someone who doesn't know very much about the Japanese film industry! I've seen people say they wouldn't want the movie to compete with the Olympics, but wouldn't it be a good business decision to have the movie out there during that window to take advantage of the massive influx of tourists that come with the Olympics? Opening against them would be a bad idea I'm sure but what about when the movie's been out a few weeks?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:33 am

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm

So they're recording the movie in sections and not all at once. Interesting.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:52 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:So they're recording the movie in sections and not all at once. Interesting.

Yep, definitely an interesting approach. Suspect this means that were heading for a summer 2020 release. My bet would be in July before the Olympics, it has all the makings of a summer blockbuster for Japan so I imagine that'll be the best time for profit maximization. Also, Shin Godzilla came out in July, and that proved to be fairly successful lol.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Maybe Shin Eva is a two parter, first part early 2020 and second part mid/late 2020...

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:44 pm

^It's one movie.

And if they did split Final in two, you know the Second Part wouldn't be done until 2025 at the earliest.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm

^ Yeah I can't imagine Anno delivering two feature films on schedule in the same year. :tongue:

But I also can't see why would Anno prioritize the works on the first part of the movie, I don't know if he ever did that for a movie.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”