Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:33 am

A bit disappointing but it's not at all unexpected. They keep showing us that they're working on it, plus we have a release window, a teaser, two Eva designs and a poster. As overall news goes we're not doing bad. :)

Unless they decide to drop a surprise or the movie releases in early 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much new stuff before the lantern festival.

Edit: I wrote "expected" instead of "unexpected." :lol: Not quite the same.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:38 am

Well at least we can say that the movie is coming out next year. ^_^

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 pm

I like how the swamp in the photo represents the festering state of the entitled fandom.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 pm

^Hey now! The wetlands on the card are quite lovely. :tongue: But the fandom seems to have chilled out a bit since the 2020 announcement, at least in the places I visit.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:42 pm

^ Yeah I noticed the same, Mari spinning for 20 seconds inspired confidence in the fandom.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:52 pm

The appropriate audio reaction.

But that picture is intriguing. The posts sticking up out of the marsh reminds me of Shinji's gravemarkers that he erected after coming out of instrumentality.I can't imagine that's simply a coincidence.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:06 am

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Image
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:51 am

Ogata says to look forward to various news about Shin Eva coming this year, duh.

EDIT:

Oh my God this picture of Anno is too cute

:marihearts:

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 am

Anno always looks like the chillest man in the room in these pictures. :lol:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:01 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Oh my God this picture of Anno is too cute

:marihearts:

Moyoco is always the best at capturing Hideaki's inherent adorableness in photos.
:asukahearts:

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:55 pm

Makes one wonder who Moyoco is to Hideaki's Shinji.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm

^Also Shinji, obviously.

Here's an article from yahoo Japan. I think it's just repeating what we already know though: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2019 ... t_nlab-ent

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:06 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Makes one wonder who Moyoco is to Hideaki's Shinji.

Mari.

It isn't even close, IMO.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Do any of the other Eva cast members have a presence on social media?
Megumi Ogata has been the only one I know of so far who has talked about work being done on Final which leads me to believe Final is going to (rightfully so) be very Shinji focused.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 pm

Yuko Miyamura also has a Twitter, and she’s been reposting Tiffany Grant petitions for re-dubbing Eva for Netflix. I think she lives in Australia, so she probably doesn’t spend as much time with the Anno family as Ogata does.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:10 am

khara follows only Ogata, Moyoco and Sagisu on Twitter. I'm fairly sure Ogata has signed a marketing deal with khara and that's why only she said something about the movie.

There are non disclosure agreements in place, no one can even acknowledge the movie existence or the work they are doing on it unless khara says so.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 am

I follow Yamashita on twitter but I don't think he's posted anything Eva-related since the new Unit 08 design pages were revealed.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I follow Yamashita on twitter but I don't think he's posted anything Eva-related since the new Unit 08 design pages were revealed.

I follow 3-4 khara guys too and no one posted a single thing Shin Eva related, but they all retweeted the teaser.

I won't think too much about Ogata being the only one posting about the movie.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am

^Yamashita never posted a whole lot of Eva stuff before that. Mostly he advertised for the Anima novels and some occasional neat behind-the-scenes for old stuff like the teaser at the end of 3.0. He's great if you like cats though. Guy's always posting pics of his kitty. :lol:

It seems like people bug Ogata for news on social media a lot. Probably shouldn't read into it more than that.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:51 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Yuko Miyamura also has a Twitter, and she’s been reposting Tiffany Grant petitions for re-dubbing Eva for Netflix. I think she lives in Australia, so she probably doesn’t spend as much time with the Anno family as Ogata does.

Not a good idea, IMO.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”