Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 am

Noice.
From the Khara2 Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/khara_inc2/status/986086540014071808

They're watching SOMETHING in the editing room. Something we're not allowed to see.

- Note: Things are only quiet right now because everyone behind the closed doors of Studio Khara is CURRENTLY hard at work on the movie.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 am

∆ They are in the color editing room.
Get hype.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 am

カラー編集室

カラー = khara I think

So, without any knowledge of written Japanese, I'd say it's "khara's editing room".

I wonder if they are going to drop the movie on us almost Netflix-style: "the movie in out in 3 months, here's a trailer, get your tickets at this link"

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 am

You are right actually.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 am

That khara/color thing always trips me up too.

This is excellent news though. Sounds like progress on the movie is really trucking along! Didn't they say during that talk show that Anno was shut up in the editing room working on the movie?

Damn those stickers though! But I bet even if you could get the raw image the screens would be blurred out anyway. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:That khara/color thing always trips me up too.

This is excellent news though. Sounds like progress on the movie is really trucking along! Didn't they say during that talk show that Anno was shut up in the editing room working on the movie?

Damn those stickers though! But I bet even if you could get the raw image the screens would be blurred out anyway. :lol:

I tried saving the image and zooming to the computer to see if I could make anything out in that top corner, nope! :lol:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 am

The way I think about it, it's encouraging that there is something worth hiding.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am

So, is Khara working on anything else besides Final? If not, then I'll allow myself to get excited.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:40 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:So, is Khara working on anything else besides Final? If not, then I'll allow myself to get excited.

Their only announced work is 3.0+1.0, but it could always be something unannounced (I doubt it).

The red emoji translates are "secret" by the way. Even on its largest resolution (.jpg:orig) I can't see anything on the book on the ground.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 am

Mark my words: After all what happened in 3.0, the worst is yet to come in FINAL. And Mankind 'll be judged for their fatal sins.

And that's what Asuka 'll mean with PUNISHMENT for Shinji:

SPOILER: Show
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:07 am

The Cruel: Wrong thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:The Cruel: Wrong thread.

No need to be icy. Just the earnest words from a shell-shocked fool.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I tried saving the image and zooming to the computer to see if I could make anything out in that top corner, nope! :lol:

You need more zoom and enhance! :lol:

I saw a post on /r/eva earlier where someone asked khara2 when the movie was coming out and they said that they couldn't say. Not at all surprising. I excpect they're all under NDAs and the stuff posted on twitter is approved.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:You need more zoom and enhance! :lol:

I saw a post on /r/eva earlier where someone asked khara2 when the movie was coming out and they said that they couldn't say. Not at all surprising. I excpect they're all under NDAs and the stuff posted on twitter is approved.

Marketing in the era of social networks and 280 characters limit.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 pm

"3+when" should be the official hashtag for the EVA fandom while we wait for Final to come out, mainly because who doesn't like puns?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm

MincedMeat is a hero of this community.
He tried and failed, but what matters is that he tried where others wouldn't even considered doing so.

I imagine the guy handling that khara twitter sitting very near to Anno and asking him if he can just casually reveal the release date lol.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm

^ With Anno telling them "no, they will be highly disappointed when you tell them Final comes out in Summer 2019"

Cause I'm still betting that's what gonna happen

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

After 6 years of waiting I can't imagine too many people would be upset at having a concrete release date even if it was a year away.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Personally, I'd be happy with a season and year rather than an exact date

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 pm

If you got knocked up the day 3.0 came out, the resulting child would be about to enter kindergarten right now.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”