Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DrthRvn
Embryo

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby DrthRvn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:48 am

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:40 am

Now I'm curious how they're going to use that effect in the movie. Something that would be moving through the dark I imagine.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Now I'm curious how they're going to use that effect in the movie. Something that would be moving through the dark I imagine.

I say its the sun/moon
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 pm

View Original PostDrthRvn wrote:

This is some A+ useless but exciting update on the movie.

I'm curious to see how they are going to use a live action effect in an animated work.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:This is some A+ useless but exciting update on the movie.

I'm curious to see how they are going to use a live action effect in an animated work.

Probably reference material for the animation staff.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Yeah, it looks like a motion reference for some bright object moving across the camera. Kinda reminds me of the shot of the solar system in EoE.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:26 pm

It's possible the effect might have something to do with the mysterious object seen within Guf during 4th Impact.

SPOILER: Show
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 am

Megumi Ogata teases what could only be an event from the new movie

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am

That bottle is more anatomically correct than a barbie doll.

Also, translation from google
「アスカ…もう、君を捨てなきゃならないんだ…。だから、脱いでもらうよ。いいよね…?」

…あああごめんなさいごめんなさいごめんなさいごめ
"Asuka ... I have to throw you away .... So I will take it off, is not it?"

Ooh ... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ry
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:19 am

This is so random it could well be nothing or something that makes sense only if you see the whole movie.

I mean, what's the point of setting a video stand to film that.

Oh well, that's a good use of a bottle.

She also quoted Shinji in the hospital scene of EoE. :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:21 am

That belonged in the "Only in Japan" thread, I feel...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:This is so random it could well be nothing or something that makes sense only if you see the whole movie.

I think its just a way to troll people like us who are trying to make sense of absolutely everything. At least I hope it is
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Hmmm...I dunno. I can't see the full thing on this device but from what I can see it seems like she's just being goofy with that...rather shapely bottle. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Plot twist : Shin Eva will be a two hours long beach episode. :gendo_kimura:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:25 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I think its just a way to troll people like us who are trying to make sense of absolutely everything. At least I hope it is

Wouldn't be surprised...
Hell, if I had a say in a fanbase such as Eva's, I'd troll at least once a month :shifty:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 pm

I'm fairly sure you guys are reading way too much into that vid. Pointless vids on social media is a thing.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:03 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I'm fairly sure you guys are reading way too much into that vid. Pointless vids on social media is a thing.

♪---Sorry "hui43210" the mob has spoken---♪
Ok on a completely different note, can a moderator make the "right repeat sign" a supported character please.
SPOILER: Show
That be great.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I'm fairly sure you guys are reading way too much into that vid. Pointless vids on social media is a thing.

This. A few months ago, Ogata held a poll on which "Eva girl" bottle (Asuka or Rei) she should take out and about with her during the day, so I'm pretty sure Ogata's joke/distress about throwing the Asuka bottle out is related to those tweets.

I thought it was in this thread where her NDA-style tweet about "Please understand even if there's Shin Eva news, I'm not allowed to discuss it." (in Japanese) was posted.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 pm

So.... ummmmm, I see that news have been scarce? :D

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:So.... ummmmm, I see that news have been scarce? :D

Perpetually so :sniffle:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”