Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Zeruss
Adam

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Zeruss » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 am

Yes, DrthRvn, the silhouettes/lines from the second image correspond to the ones shared by khara ^_^
They seem to have moved the characters to the same ground level, and that's why their positions don't quite match.
I'm a lurker at heart.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:40 am

All of those characters were in 3.0, nobody new for now.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 am

Hopefully they'll put that picture in the new illustration book, I'd like to know how tall are the characters in 3.0.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Hopefully they'll put that picture in the new illustration book, I'd like to know how tall are the characters in 3.0.

I'm pretty sure it won't be in the illustrations book since it's not an actual illustration. It's just a compilation of all the character reference drawings, and those were in the 3.0 theatrical and BD booklets.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:33 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Hopefully they'll put that picture in the new illustration book, I'd like to know how tall are the characters in 3.0.

I tried to determine this by seeing if the characters were at the same scale to one another in the Q image as they were in the Ha scale chart. If so, we could figure out the heights of the new characters using known character heights as a base, doing some simple proportions.

Shinji and Asuka are supposed to both be 157cm, and that shouldn't have changed due to Shinji being in stasis and Asuka having the curse. Alas, going by the top-of-head to bottom-of-heel measure, the Q image has Asuka being stupidly shorter than Shinji. Thus the image is not accurate enough to be used to determine the heights of new characters. Too bad.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:08 pm

On the blu ray there was the Rebuild feature showing the Wunder interior as a 3D model, and the characters I think are mostly there and could be compared.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 am

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:53 am

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Not really Shin Eva related but I just noticed how proto Unit 01 looked a lot like Unit 08.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:22 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Not really Shin Eva related but I just noticed how proto Unit 01 looked a lot like Unit 08.

I'd say it looks like the mechs in Gunbuster more so.
This one in particular
SPOILER: Show
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

I think these are the pencils they are using. Seems to be a fresh shipment.
https://twitter.com/khara_inc2/status/963291267705716736

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 pm

I'll repeat, I think FINAL is a lot further along than all the jokey "Anno needs to get back to work" memes have led the nerd community to think.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 am

The image of all of those pencils ear-marked for Shin Eva makes me salivate.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:53 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:The image of all of those pencils ear-marked for Shin Eva makes me salivate.

Keep your shorts on man. We've still got a while to wait.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:48 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Keep your shorts on man. We've still got a while to wait.

And when the time comes then it means "Death at the gates again."
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I'll repeat, I think FINAL is a lot further along than all the jokey "Anno needs to get back to work" memes have led the nerd community to think.

I agree.
If Anno takes his time it's because he has total control and wants to get it right, but they have been working for a long time now.
Also remember that they were doing motion capture at Toho late last year. I doubt that would be done without completed storyboards.

I don't think we'll get really big reveals through this twitter, but the little teases are really fun.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I guess they put those pencils to good use.

What is the purpose of this tweet?
is it for valentines day or something?
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:I guess they put those pencils to good use.

That Misato is from the deep archives, drawn by Takeshi Honda for the second volume of the NGE home release.

is it for valentines day or something?

Yes. (Says "Happy Valentine!" -- in hiragana, for no obvious reason.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:23 am

Some production notes for 1.0 from the archives.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 am

Mentions Anno and the assistant directors going over NGE cut by cut during Jo's production. Assume it had something to do with them seeing how many of the show's resources could be put toward the film.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”