Evangelion 3.0+1.0 not yet in production?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Even 6 years from Q is still a pretty unnecessarily long stretch of time between sequels of any franchise. I can't think of a film series that had a clear-cut sequel laid out (as in, it's confirmed there will be a sequel as soon as the previous film ends) that had such a long period as that between releases.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Jimbob
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jimbob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm

This is really getting absurd, but honestly I'm not surprised.

But whatever, there's better stuff coming out anyway.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:10 pm

My best Captain Kirk impression. . .

(Ahem)
AAAAANNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :jail:
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:12 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:My best Captain Kirk impression. . .

(Ahem)
AAAAANNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :jail: [/i]

Hey, Ray, look at it this way: NOW, Final has a chance to be as long as needed to address all those issues about time constraints you were talking about. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:13 pm

^ Turns out FINAL is going to go the harry potter route, 3.0+1.0 is actually the name for part one XD
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:14 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Hey, Ray, look at it this way: NOW, Final has a chance to be as long as needed to address all those issues about time constraints you were talking about. :)

What xanderkh that 20 page long thread on time contraints and run time that we have for final? Nooo Khara wouldn't do that.(Sarcastic voice).

If final is longer than 2.0 I will be set.

@Guy Nacks- Well that's the way it might be, hopefully it will be this or next year and not 2018, that would be stretching it I agree. Others have told me that expecting it soon would be absurb so I am on neutral ground.

Edit- Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will become the half-life 3 of anime!!! :devil:
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Guys welcome to being a metroid/starfox (before the new one was announced)/f-zero fan, at least we have a semi-release date within the next 3 years.
I have waited longer for lesser things i can wait for this.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:53 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Also wasn't their some interview a while back saying that the story was done on 3.0+1.0 and they where waiting to start producing the film?

Yep, from 2013: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/677939/Hideaki-Anno-x-Kazuo-Koike-October-22-2013/#677939
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:03 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Yep, from 2013: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/677939/Hideaki-Anno-x-Kazuo-Koike-October-22-2013/#677939

2013? And they didn't even enter production before now?

Damn. I'm guessing i was right about the whole pre-production thing. So my guess is the film is all ready to just enter production full steam ahead and they're just recharging their brainbatteries/using the Expo as a chance to train their skill for the task ahead.
I finally put something here!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:11 pm

^

Well this means that all they really need to do is start animation. Create the full script if the script and story are separate.... Are they? I know my fair share of production info but not that much. Get the voice actors, voice their lines. Compose the music. Put it all together and release it to the consumers. Did I miss a step?

So once that is started, after the expo then soon enough or rather far enough we will have or ending.

Then peaceful times comes on after the credits... It never ends!
Last edited by Sicarius VI on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Fixed my post because ninja'ed. :tongue:

At the start of 2014, Ogata on Twitter wrote how voicework for FINAL was supposed to happen that year. I don't believe she ever wrote about that since, so I'm guessing it hadn't yet.

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:46 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I'm hoping that meant six years from Q. And if "up to" is not strictly held to, a date in late 2016 or sometime in 2017 is still possible.

Also the comment could have been mistranslated in french and the animator could have made a wrong statement

Let's wait some time

If by march we got nothing , then it's over

Final by 2017 , blu uru by 2040

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:38 pm

The movie happens when it happens.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:29 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:What?

That's beyond ridiculous. That makes fucking 2001's three and a half year production time look speedy. There is no reason why it needs to take that long. I understand that production of a film takes time, but six years, or even four, for a two hour (probably) animated film is just superfluous. If Anno can pump out EOE in a little over one year, why does 4.0 need to take four, five, or even six times that, unless Anno finally realized that he wrote himself into a corner and just wants to put off making the finale because he knows he can't make it good and that the whole Rebuild effort wasn't worth it except for the money it made?

I agree, there a are no time no budget excuses, they are an study that sin ce 2006 only have released three Eva movies, just that, no series, no OVAS, NOTHING else. And they need so much time to release an animated film?? The pulled out EOE just in one year!!!!! Even three is too much. And sorry, but no "Anno is a genius" excuses. Even for a genius three years for a planned sequel(from a decade ago) is too much. Jesuschrist, is the time Coppola spent filming Apocalypse Now!!!!
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:I agree, there a are no time no budget excuses, they are an study that sin ce 2006 only have released three Eva movies, just that, no series, no OVAS, NOTHING else. And they need so much time to release an animated film?? The pulled out EOE just in one year!!!!! Even three is too much. And sorry, but no "Anno is a genius" excuses. Even for a genius three years for a planned sequel(from a decade ago) is too much. Jesuschrist, is the time Coppola spent filming Apocalypse Now!!!!

Do you know anything about film production?
I finally put something here!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Some of you fuckers are so entitled.

The world will go on if it takes 20 years for Final to get made. Hell, they could decide to not make the film & the world will continue to roll along.

Grow up & stop bitching about a movie production that you have very little actual insight into. Who knows why it's taken them this long to make the Eva films but sometimes that's the roll of the dice. It happens. Big deal.

Go outside. Play with a dog. Read a book. Do some yoga. Find somebody you like & get naked with them. The movie will get released when it's good & ready.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Kinda disappointed that they haven't started the production of 3.0+1.0 yet, but whatever, I'd wait +10 year for this film.

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm disappointed too. Then again I understand they don't owe me anything.

I just look forward to that some day when I come to this forum and find posts saying "yay it is happening".. )

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:33 pm

I for one am kind of glad it's taking its time. The Q experience was taxing, I'm still recuperating my Evangelion-fu I think. Not from the the actual film itself really, just all the hype, hassle and obligatory arguing with randoms over the internet over the most insignificant BS afterwards.

Yes, I'm half serious.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 am

Gendo'sPapa: I get what you're trying to say, but no hostility's needed.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”