4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:13 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Not necessarily; I think the brightly coloured armor is more than enough to help distinguish them. I have yet to see two Evangelions that could be called "similar" due to differences in armor colour, armor features, etc.

EVA-00 and Mark.09, albeit for that one it was made on purpose by Gendo to lure Shinji into following ReiQ.
But still even if EVA-01 don't strip her armor(mental image intended!), the fact that EVA-13 have four eyes and four arms should be more than enough to tell them apart in a fight.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 am

EVa fights tend to go for full shots of the Evas where the units' entier bodies are in frame, making details like number of eyes smaller and more difficult to notice on screen. Depending on how quickly the fight scenes are choreographed and fast the editing is, these details can be lost entirely in the first viewing of the film. Oddly enough, the best shot the film would have in clearly identifying the two visually would be the silhouette value of Unit 13 having 4 arms as opposed to two. Colors would simply obscure these differences rather than enhance them, especially when the color patters of Units 01 and 13 are nearly identical.

The reasons for Unit 01 being naked (or at least repainted, which it could very well already be seeing as how we don't have a color shot of Unit 01) simply increase the more you analyze it. (Unless, of course, Anno is going for the confusion of seeing two purple Evas fighting each other.)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 am

Of course that only applies if Eva-01 and Eva-13 face off in Final. And if they both are awakened, their "pseudo-awakened" forms are different enough that I think people will be able to tell the difference.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 am

Maybe that what the light, but when EVA-13 deactivated during 4I, didn't he kept his red markings instead of having them turn back to green?
If the 2.0 preview is to be believed, EVA-01 got her markings back to green after being pierced by the LoC.

If that's so then one being purple with glowing green markings and the other being dark purple with glowing red markings should be enough to tell them apart no?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Malevolo
Adam

Postby Malevolo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:If that's so then one being purple with glowing green markings and the other being dark purple with glowing red markings should be enough to tell them apart no?

What if the two Evas go into a fight against each other? What if Mari and Rei have to go into 13, because Shinji has gotten into Eva 01 and Eva 08+02 was refitted to be a 02 again?

Hell, that would be a hellish fight.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

View Original PostMalevolo wrote:What if the two Evas go into a fight against each other? What if Mari and Rei have to go into 13, because Shinji has gotten into Eva 01 and Eva 08+02 was refitted to be a 02 again?

Hell, that would be a hellish fight.

Mari and Rei vs. Shinji and Yui? I really don't know who would win, especially if Mari and Rei were piloting Eva-13.

And I'm nothing like you

Malevolo
Adam

Postby Malevolo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Mari and Rei vs. Shinji and Yui? I really don't know who would win, especially if Mari and Rei were piloting Eva-13.

What if the film begins with that, and we don't who's in the wrong, and who's in the right, and Asuka can't say anything, because she's fighting a bunch of MP's that have Kaworu's voice?

I will stop... I'm wanting to scream right now, that would be disturbing.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 am

View Original PostMalevolo wrote:What if the film begins with that, and we don't who's in the wrong, and who's in the right, and Asuka can't say anything, because she's fighting a bunch of MP's that have Kaworu's voice?

I will stop... I'm wanting to scream right now, that would be disturbing.

Throw in my theory of the MP Evas popping off their helmets and turning into traditional harpies from EoE and it becomes perfect Evangelion material :harpy_liplick:

And I'm nothing like you

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Jurrasic » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:14 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Throw in my theory of the MP Evas popping off their helmets and turning into traditional harpies from EoE and it becomes perfect Evangelion material :harpy_liplick:

Even though it wouldn't easily fit into the story the way things are going, I'd like to see the harpies return. I'd REALLY like to see some kind of shout-out to the original MP evas somewhere in Final, even if it's just a glimpse, or one of the new grey ones suddenly sprouts wings or something. ;)
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

thegoodson
Adam

Postby thegoodson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:41 pm

View Original PostJurrasic wrote:Even though it wouldn't easily fit into the story the way things are going, I'd like to see the harpies return. I'd REALLY like to see some kind of shout-out to the original MP evas somewhere in Final, even if it's just a glimpse, or one of the new grey ones suddenly sprouts wings or something. ;)

Man I can picture the defeated Rebuild MP's slowly restarting after an Asuka/Mari beat down, wings and white limbs erupting from under the damaged armor as the Wunder crew describe it in horror. It's giving me goosebumps.

Malevolo
Adam

Postby Malevolo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm

View Original Postthegoodson wrote:Man I can picture the defeated Rebuild MP's slowly restarting after an Asuka/Mari beat down, wings and white limbs erupting from under the damaged armor as the Wunder crew describe it in horror. It's giving me goosebumps.

Imagine now Eva 13 with Shinji and Asuka into it (LOL) with four arms and in beserk dismembering harpies, with clean hands!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Berserk? Awakened mode, better! :devil:

Shinji will have his set or red eyes back while Asuka will have the famous green + blue combination!

Well, if they don't try to choke one each other with each one a set of arms of course(I can see it happen during training! :lol: )

Malevolo
Adam

Postby Malevolo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:24 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Berserk? Awakened mode, better! :devil:

Shinji will have his set or red eyes back while Asuka will have the famous green + blue combination!

Well, if they don't try to choke one each other with each one a set of arms of course(I can see it happen during training! :lol: )

I think the green eye of Asuka is because of her synchrony with Eva 02... could be three red eyes and one blue eye in the cockpit?

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:This graphic may not be a lie but probably just an actual graphic. A representaion of reality instead of a reflection of it. The way the blocks are clipping the model is just too lazy.

wait
what is it
i'm lost

andreh
Lilith

Postby andreh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:09 pm

This graphic may not be a lie but probably just an actual graphic. A representaion of reality instead of a reflection of it. The way the blocks are clipping the model is just too lazy.

great job!
strangely the "666 blocks" seem to 'pierce' Eva 01
in the video Misato sees (in live, aparently) they are absent: :bigeyes:
SPOILER: Show

wait
what is it
i'm lost
is this scene:
http://i.imgur.com/zGtRmOY.jpg
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

View Original Postandreh wrote:great job!
strangely the "666 blocks" seem to 'pierce' Eva 01
in the video Misato sees (in live, aparently) they are absent: :bigeyes:

I think that the camera is between the cubes and EVA-01, it's even probable that the camera is fixed in one of the cubes.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

4.0 speculation material from 3.0 interviews thread

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 pm

[Split from the 3.0 interviews thread. This is the post being referred to. - Monk]

Misato VS Gendo?? Possible fleet battle?? :scanners_head:

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:30 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Misato VS Gendo?? Possible fleet battle?? :scanners_head:

Well it has been hypothesised that Gendo and Fuyu were piloting a "Dark Wunder" through that shadowy control room they're seen in during the final scenes of Q. So take two giant floating battleships, throw them at each other, and you get an awesome fleet battle scene.

And I'm nothing like you

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 pm

All we have to do is go through all of Anno's previous animes and find the corresponding fleet battle shots and we'll basically have the Final finale figured out.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:40 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:wiser3754 wrote a theory that in FINAL, Asuka, Shinji and ReiQ will be picked up by a rescue team arrive in a Lilin settlement, and then, seeing just how mentally destroyed Shinji is, Asuka will take pity on him and fake his death to let him settle in the city and get his sanity back in one piece, after that once she get back in the Wunder, Asuka will probably have to make a debriefing to Misato(as it's the standard protocol in the army after an operation), Asuka will then have to lie to her, say that the crash of Shinji's entry plug killed him, and if Misato wants a debriefing from the rescue team to confirm what Asuka said or have some supplemental informations, then the rescue team will heave to lie too, and I really doubted that said team would be willing to lie to the Commander of WILLE's flagship, especially for the sake of a boy who was in a neo-NERV plugsuit!

Oh yeah, that post, 'laughing'. I can't find a NERV insignia on Shinji's plug-suit apart from the ALPHA symbol on his back, so who's to know. The only real reason I said that was to see Misato's (and WILLE's) reaction to the news Asuka tells her over the comm from the LILIN settlement before WILLE picks her up.

Also as for the debrief, Shinji tells Rei Q everything he knows, Asuka takes her to the WUNDER, leaves Shinji behind and they debrief Rei Q instead.

Just remember, Asuka made a plea to Shinji in space to do something, he responded and saved her life. Maybe in an act of honour, Asuka will let him go to make up for it, but on the scale of the damage he's already caused, that's incredibly doubtful.

This is just an out there idea, if anyone's feeling hungry to rip this idea apart to the bone, dig in.
I watch and speculate.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”