[Fic] Ayanami: Vengeance (New Version of Chapter 40 Online!)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:29 am

Chapter 36: The Persistence of Loss

“We are all gathered here today to remember the life of one Kristina Hoffle.” a thin yet tall looking preacher informs the mourners on the grave site. Next to him is a beautifully designed open casket with flowers surrounding it and a framed photograph of said deceased person, Kristina Hoffle with her fellow deceased friend Jarvis Mendes. Inside the casket, Kristina's cadaver, dressed up in a eloquent gown, lays with her favorite stuffed doll Doremon and the story her classmate back in Tokyo-3 Rei Ayanami wrote for her. An American flag also swings behind the preacher as he continues to go through the funeral proceeds and last rites.

Among the mourners is a large and very high tech camcorder hooked up to a somewhat big cable box that has a satellite attached to it.

In a darkened room within an auditorium in the school, the entirety of Room 2-A watch the funeral as it's projected on the wall for them to see. Rei, standing by Mari, Shinji, Toji, Kensuke and Claire Phoenix, sheds a few tears. Claire in particular is heavily affected by her friend's passing.

Notably absent from the crowd is Asuka, who is not watching the service but rather is outside the school, sitting on a swing and looking deadly depressed. Her normally well groomed hair looks rather unkempt and messy, as well as sweat dripping off of her skin.

At the funeral, an older woman stands by a man in a black business suit wearing shades, turns her head towards him and asks, “Sir...what's the point of this live feed crap at my daughter's funeral?”

He turns his head back and replies, “Your daughter made some friends back in Japan so I was ordered to set up a live feed of her funeral for them.”

The woman rolls her eyes back and replies, “So that's why there was that order to bury this story by my daughter's side.”

“Exactly.” the man replies back, which he pulls a cigarette out, lights it up and puts it into his mouth, though the woman smacks it out, grumbling, “Don't you dare smoke at my daughter's funeral.”.

Several hours later, Rei walks out a record shop with a bag in her hand alongside her purse. She walks towards the public bathroom, enters the women's room and walks into one of the stalls, shutting the door behind her. Inside, she hangs her leather jacket up, sets the purse aside, shuts the toilet lid, sets the bag down, pulls off Dir En Grey shirt, revealing that she's wearing a black velvet bra. She sets the shirt aside, reaches into the bag, pulls out a Brutality “Screams of Anguish” shirt she just bought and puts it on. She puts the Dir En Grey shirt into the bag, puts her leather jacket back on, shoves the bag into her left jacket pocket, picks her purse up, opens the stall door and leaves.

Back on the streets, Rei walks around, noticing that the atmosphere is draped in utter gloom and despair after the horrific events that took place the week before. Although she continues to walk around, she passes by a HMV. Trying to keep her mind off the loss of DesuLoli, she ends up walking into there, finding herself swarmed in an abundance of people and neon lights.

She walks through the store, not paying much attention to everyone else and walks to the Foreign section of the movies. She looks through the American Horror Films section, trying to score a copy of Candyman and The New York Ripper to add to her collection. However, her attention is distracted when she catches a glimpse of a suave looking Caucasian guy in a suit with horn rimmed glasses browsing through the Anime section.

Curious to see what's his deal, she quickly snatches a copy of Candyman she spots, forgets about looking for New York Ripper and walks to the Anime section. She looks through the section, trying her hardest to not attract any attention from the guy while looking but she hears a voice asking her, “Hey babe!”

Upon hearing the voice, her eyes bug out a little and subsequently turns around. To her surprise, she sees the suave guy looking at her and asks, “Ummm...I hope you normally don't get this, but is that your real hair color?”

At first, a sensation of annoyance and irritation boils through her body after hearing this dude ask something too many people asked her throughout her life, but she simply sets it aside and replies, “By a matter of fact, dude...it is.”, looking a bit cheeky.

“Huh...well that's a first.” the guy replies. As he examines Rei a bit further, he notices her leather jacket and t-shirt, telling himself, “Fuck, she's a metal head, yet she's so....exotic...and so not Asian looking...bah, Dame..just follow your hard on and you...no wait I can't. Not after what happened that lead me to come here...but she's sooo hot....eh fuck it Dame, just go with the flow.”, then adds, “So ma'am...what's your name?”

Rei cocks her head to the left, looking a bit puzzled on why this dude's suddenly taking a real interest in her, then replies, “Well dude...my name's Rei Ayanami. How about you. What is your name, man?”

The guy clears his throat, adjusts his glasses and replies back, “Name's Damien Shez, Rei.”. He looks down, sees the DVD in Rei's hand, tells himself, “Oh she's a horror film junkie too. Well...eh okay.”, looks into her eyes and asks, “So you like to go out for some coffee?”

Rei rolls her eyes, looks back at Damien and replies, “Well there's a Shokudo around here...but can you help me find the other movie i'm looking for?”

He shrugs a little, replies back, “Eh okay ma'am.” and accompanies Rei as she walks back to the American Horror Movies section.

“So what's this movie you're looking for, Ms. Ayanami?” Damien asks her while browsing the movies and cringing at the films he finds. He remarks to himself, “These films are so below my deliciously high standards.

“The New York Ripper.”, Rei replies while browsing. “It's an allegedly violent as all hell film from the early 80s by the late Lucio Fulci. Are you familiar with his work?”

“Yeah Rei, I am.” Damien replies back. He leans his head down, tells himself, “and I think he's a piece of shit no good director.”

“Well I think he's an okay director, but i'm more partial to Dario Argento myself.” Rei responds while continuing to browse the DVDs.

“Uh that's a slight step up, but Argento's no Greenaway or Truffaut.” Damien remarks to himself, still unimpressed by what he considers to be a poor taste in films Rei has.

Rei keeps looking through the movies, finds New York Ripper but makes an even bigger find that greatly surprises her.

“Oh crap..Ms. 45!” Rei shouts after she spots it in the bin and snatches it. “I say we're done her, Damien, so let's check out and get us some coffee.”

“Yeah.” he nods back, though looks a bit sullen as he stands there and follows her to the cash register.

“So...your parents claim that you look that way because your father worked in a power plant of some sort?” Damien replies as he sits with Rei inside the Shokudo coffee shop she mentioned earlier, drinking the best coffee in Japan.

“Yuppers.” Rei quickly replies back, then downs a swig of coffee.

“Well if you ask me, Rei...i'm afraid your old folks are filthy liars.” Damien bluntly chuckles back. “There's noooo way in hell your parents, whom you claim look like any other Japanese middle aged couple, could produce such a pale ass, blue haired non-Asian looking beauty like you. I bet by my ball sack and complete Stanley Kubrick Blu-Ray collection...Fear and Desire and Day of the Fight included...that you were adopted. Clear and simple.”

“Pffft, I don't think that's...well...maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong.” Rei replies. “Now it's my turn..Mr. American Hipster...why were you looking at the Anime section when according to some shit websites like Know Your Meme, Oh Internet and the delightfully vulgar Encyclopedia Dramatica...your types DESPISE Anime.”

“Well...ummmm...it's part of the reason why I visited Japan in the first place, darling.” he replies back, sighing for a little bit. “My ex girlfriend...well...I should mean late ex girlfriend was a big internet personality that decided to take a trip here...only for her to suddenly wind up dead before I knew it.”

As she hears Damien talk, her eyes bug out a little as what he describes strongly resembles her now deceased friend. She looks right into his eyes and asks him, “Hey man...you knew DesuLoli?”

“DesuLoli...oh wait a second. You mean Kristina?” Damien replies, sounding a bit confused until something dons on him. He looks straight into her eyes and mutters, “Aren't you that one girl Kristina mentioned that night she called me before her untimely death?”

“Wait I thought you two split up if you say you were her ex-boyfriend?” Rei asks him, sounding a little puzzled by the concept of split up lovers still seeing communicating with each other.

“The thing is, Rei...why do I even have to tell you this?” Damien yells at her.

“Dude, I have to go back home. I'll see you around town if you're staying for a bit.” Rei stammers back and abruptly leaves the coffee shop, taking her leather jacket and bag of DVDs with her.

Back on the streets, Rei tries her best to power walk away from the coffee stop and focus on getting back home. She passes by a stoic looking woman with a green hoodie and a pink tank top and accidentally bumps into a redhead woman in a white dress and a sun hat. The woman looks at Rei as she passes by and calmly shouts, “Hey ma'am...might be careful the next time you're public.”. However, Rei ignores her as she focuses on getting to the subway.

After entering the subway, Rei sits down on one of the booths next to a blonde woman. From what she can tell, the woman's shirt reads “My Saber Is Better Than Yours!”, but she doesn't get that good of a look of the rest of her attire. Rei remains sitting next to her though she notices the woman remarks, “I need to tell Emiya-kun to stop doing anal with me. My ass hurts too much.”, which she rolls her eyes a little but keeps to herself.

Twenty minutes later, Rei arrives at her apartment. She takes her shoes and socks off, puts them aside, hangs her leather jacket up and plops down onto her couch. She lays down, looking a bit exhausted from the emotional drain from her encounter with Damien. She pulls the DVDs she bought out of the bag and examines them, debating on which one she should watch. However, she hears a knock on her door, which she gets up, shouts out, “Hang on a second.”, gets up and opens the door.

Not necessarily surprised, she's greeted by Mari, who's hair is down and is wearing a plain green T-shirt and jeans. She asks, “So Rei...wha'cha up to?”

“Not much except i'm going to watch a movie I bought at HMV...but I dunno which one I should watch first.” Rei replies. “Maybe you could help me out.”

“Yeah..if you're going to watch a movie, I like to join.” Mari replies back with a smirk on her face. “So what new additions you got to choose from?”

“Well...I bought Candyman, The New York Ripper and Ms. 45.” Rei responds while holding said movies up to show her friend.

“Hmmmmm....” Mari ponders. She looks at all three movies, but nods at one of them and adds, “Candyman. No question about it. I've been wanting to check it out for a while now.”

“Ah okay.” Rei responds while putting the other movies aside. “So Candyman it is.”

While Rei goes set the movie up, Mari sits on the couch, stretching her neck until she hears a knock at the door, which slightly startles her. She looks at her friend and asks, “Rei...should I answer the door?”

“Yes please.” Rei replies, sounding slightly annoyed.

Mari nods back, stands up and walks towards the door. She opens it and to her surprise, is greeted by Asuka of all people. She turns her head towards Rei and shouts, “Hey...Asuka's here.”

“Really. What does she want?” she shouts back while still setting the movie up.

Mari turns her head back towards Asuka and asks her, “So what brings ya here?”

“I'm feeling lonely.” she replies. “Shinji's not feeling too good, Misato's at HQ and Hikari...I honestly have no clue what she's up to, aside from that she wouldn't answer her phone so I decided to see what you were up to...and since you weren't home, I ended up walking over her...so what you two are up to?”

“Me and Rei are about to watch a movie so if you want to join on in, you'll have to ask her yourself.” Mari shrugs back. “I personally don't mind.”

Asuka rolls her eyes, takes her shoes and socks off and walks into Rei's apartment. She approaches her and asks, “Hey Rei...mind if I watch the movie with you two?”

She turns around, looks into Asuka's eyes and quickly replies, “Sure thing. I hope you don't mind horror movies, though.”

“Eh it doesn't matter what you guys watch as long as it's not something too much for me.” Asuka replies back and sits down on the couch, taking the right seat. Mari takes the middle set and then Rei, after finally starting the movie, takes the left seat.

An half an hour in, all three girls are both mesmerized and disturbed by the surrealist and dreamlike nature of the movie. The whole Candyman myth in particular, with it's allusions to the Bloody Mary urban legend, mystifies Asuka, but as she watches it, she zones out a little and remembers how much of a bitch she was to DesuLoli before her untimely death, but when her imagination gets the better of her with DesuLoli becoming more malicious, she flinches back a little which draws the attention of her fellow EVA pilots.

“Asuka, are you alright?” Mari asks her, sounding a little worried. “I noticed that you didn't watch the funeral service. You're still feeling like crap with what happened to DesuLoli?”

“Yeah...yeah...” Asuka replies back, looking annoyed and very hesitant to dwell on it. “Can we just focus on the movie?”

Rei and Mari simply nod back and focus on watching Candyman.

By 11 PM, the movie has ended and all three girls simply stare at the TV screen, not quite sure of what they just watched. Asuka looks at Rei and calmly tells her, “Well I gotta get back home. I'll see you in school or HQ tomorrow.” as she puts her shoes and socks back on.

“Alright. Same to you.” Rei replies back as she watches Asuka leave the apartment. Mari turns towards her as she gets her own shoes and socks on and tells her, “In all honesty, I say it exceeded my expectations, but with that said I got to get to my gaff. I'm really clapped out now so i'll see ya later.”

Rei looks back, smiles at her friend and replies. “Same to you. I need to get some sleep.”

“Cheerio, Rei!” Mari shouts at her friend as she leaves the apartment and shuts the door.

“Cheerio to you too, ya silly Brit.” Rei replies, despite Mari having already left. She tells herself, “One of these days, she's gonna tell me what half of the shit she says actually means.” while getting up, stretching her body, putting the DVD back away, turning off her TV and DVD player, walking over to her PC and turning it on. She walks around her apartment, taking off her clothes and getting into her pajamas while her PC boots up. She brushes her teeth, washes her face and whatnot all while biding time for her PC to finish booting up until she finishes that up, walks back into the living room and sees the PC is ready for her to use.

Not waiting any longer, she sits on the chair, grabs the mouse, clicks on “Firefox” and waits for it to load up to her home page at Yahoo. She accesses her email, looks through it and finds a peculiar new one sent by a user named “Do_Know_The_Evil97865.” entitled “Open This!”.

Not expecting much, she opens the email and sees a link to a video, which she immediately opens it up. The entire browser goes dark and a video plays. At first it's nothing of interest aside from the ominous ambient sounds at the start, but then graphic images of a car accident and a burnt body show up, making Rei's eyes bug out and her jaw drop in utter shock and horror.

The video goes on for a little longer, at the very end, a very fuzzy and hard to glance at image of what appears to resemble the helmet of that mysterious person she caught a glimpse of on her birthday pops up, ending the video. Stunned and repulsed, Rei shuts her computer off, stands up, slowly walks to her bed, plops onto it and lays down with the lights on, utterly disturbed out of her mind until her eyes shut, falling asleep in the process.

Still having her eyes shut, she opens them only to find herself sitting on a wooden chair and in the middle of nowhere. Puzzled by this latest development, she stands up and walks through the atmospheric landscape until she's greeted by a svelte man in a suit and white gloves. He opens his mouth and talks to her, but she can't hear anything but the wind. He directs her to follow him to a table of sorts with a large, surrealistic looking office chair. The person turns the chair around, revealing to be a woman that strongly resembles the disfigured person in that video Rei saw, as well as the infamous “Burnt Lady Down the Street” that she heard kidnapped Mari and DesuLoli until Agent Will and Agent Smith took care of her.

Rei backs away from the woman as she walks towards her. However, she ends up tripping and falling into a dark abyss behind her, screaming as she falls and descends into the great unknown.

Suddenly, she feels like she's laying down on a very cold surface...and her body is exposed. She opens her eyes up to see what's going on, only to find herself strapped to a steel table in a very dark room, completely naked.

Trying to figure out a way to get out of this jam, she pulls her arms to see if she can free herself, but notices that they're tightly locked. However, she hears a metal door opening and looks around to see who came in. When she gets a glimpse of who it is, her eyes widen in horror.

It's that mysterious person in the cape and armor.

It walks up to Rei, looks at her and growls, “Hello Ms. Ayanami. I know you don't know who I am...but I know who you are.”

Rather than immediately replying, she spits on the person's helmet and shouts, “Let me free you monster!”

“Sorry kid, I can't do that.” the person growls back. “We got to open you first.”

“Open me up. What the hell do you mean?” Rei yells back, sounding deeply confused by what the person said.

“You'll see, Ms. Ayanami.” the person growls back. He turns around and shouts, “Bianca...chop chop. We got ourselves a blue haired teenager to examine.”, only to walk away and in his place comes that same woman from earlier, except holding a chainsaw in her hands.

Rei sways her head back and forth in sheer terror as the woman brings the saw to her. She leans the blade towards her genital regions which causes Rei to squirm. Without warning, she starts the saw, making her scream in utter horror...only to wake up in her bed, drenched in sweat.

Panting heavily, she looks around her apartment and notices that the lights are still on and that it's now two in the morning. She stands up, walks around, turns off the lights and plops back down onto her bed to sleep again.

“Man, why are all of the new shows on BBC 4 on a break?” Mari, now in her pajamas, grumbles as she watches her TV. “I think I should turn my telly off and go to sleep.”. She pulls out her remote, turns the TV off, takes her glasses off, sets them aside, turns the light off and lays down on her bed, falling asleep.

The next day, she comes back from school and walks into the kitchen. She sets her purse aside, opens up a cupboard and takes out a blender. She sets it on the table and walks to another cupboard to gets some stuff out to make a milkshake.

However, she hears a voice tell her, “Hey...let's be friends.”, which confuses her a little. She turns around and to her horror, sees a child version of herself that has cat girl aspects to it.

“What in the bloody world are you?” Mari shouts back as she sees it.

“I'm you!” it replies back in utter glee, which completely horrifies Mari to the point that she tries to catch it, only to fail as it runs around. She looks around the kitchen in various corners to see if she can catch it, growling, “Where are you, ya little piece of kitty bollocks?”

“Over here!” it shots, holding a cookie jar in it hands. Mari turns around and gets it thrown onto her face. She clenches her right hand in anger, grabs the catgirl loli doppelganger of her and walks towards the blender, growling, “You shouldn't exist you horrific abomination!”.

She puts it into the blender, shuts the top tight, holding it into place and starts the blender, grinding and mashing the catgirl into giblets of gore, entrails, blood and bone particles. Once it appears to have been grinded up into a shapeless form, she turns it off and opens it up, laughing and adds, “She I showed ya, you bloody cunt!”. However, the gory remains wrap around her neck, trying to drag her down towards the blades of the blender.

Mari puts her hands on the blender to make it harder for the tentacles to drag her down, but more spring out and grab a hold of her, dragging her face towards the blender. Once it's close to it, the tentacles spring out to the on/off button and turn it on, completely reducing Mari's face into a bloody mess...and then she wakes up, screaming in her room.

She looks around that she's still in her room. To her relief, she sighs, plops back down to her bed and grumbles, “Bloody fuckin' loli catgirls.”

“Hey Asuka...so I heard you got a boyfriend now. What's his name?” Hikari asks her on the other end of the line.

“Oh he's that American dude that just transferred here. His name's Trent Bolton if you don't remember.” she replies back as she sits on a couch.

“Oh yeah, him.” Hikari replies back. “Guy's definitely a hottie.”

“Yeah he's a real 100% American hunk.” Asuka responds as she slides her other hand to her genital regions.

“Asuka baby, do you want to hear a story?” Trent asks her in another room.

“Hang on a second, Trenty. Gotta hang up the phone first.” Asuka replies. She talks into the phone and tells Hikari, “Hey I gotta go. My boyfriend wants to tell me a 'story', so i'll see ya at school tomorrow.”

“Yeah, same to you. Bye.” Hikari replies back and hangs up her phone.

Asuka puts her phone away and awaits Trent to come to the couch. He walks over there, sits down and asks her, “Hey, did you ever hear of that urban legend of that one American Otaku that if you say her name eight times in a darkened room, she'll appear out of nowhere?”

“Not that i'm aware of.” Asuka replies. “What's her name?”

“Well her name is Kristina, but that won't work if you say that name eight times. No...you have to say DesuLoli eight times in order for her to come.” Trent explains, obviously hamming it up a little.

Asuka's eye open wide after she hears that name and replies, “Trent...turn the lights off. I need to apologize to her.”, which he nods back and turns them off.

With the lights off, Asuka stands up and says, “DesuLoli. DesuLoli. DesuLoli. DesuLoli. DesuLoli. DesuLoli. DesuLoli...”, but when she tries to get to saying it for an eighth time, Trent plants his right hand over her mouth and tells her, “Please don't say it one more time. I'm scared shitless!”.

She pushes her away and snarls, “Dammit, baka Trent. Lemme say it one more time. I need closure on this.”. She then finally says “DesuLoli” for one last time and at first, it seems like nothing has happened, but then Trent feels a sharp pain in his back which out of nowhere, the blade of a sword penetrates through his chest and his body is thrown to the other side of the room.

Terrified out of her mind, Asuka backs away and sees a very pale and gaunt looking DesuLoli in front on her, covered in blood. She tells her in a monotonous tone, “I know you want to apologize to me, but that's too late for you to do for me.”

“Come on, DesuLoli. Please accept my forgiveness.” she whimpers back, but DesuLoli simply shakes her head back and forth and raises her sword.

After DesuLoli swings it down, decapitating Asuka's head, she wakes up in her bed, horrified and haunted by the dream she had. She looks around, finds her doll, grabs it and holds it against her breasts, whispering, “Bitte Gott ... vergib mir die Scheiße habe ich DesuLoli. Bitte vergib mir, ich will nicht von ihr heimgesucht mehr sein. Bitte Gott ... bitte ficken vergib mir meine Seele für meine eigene Rettung. Ich will nicht die Schuldigen nicht mehr spüren...”.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Holy shit, a new update has appered! Now I just to go an update my fic... >.>

But anywho, nice somber fic till the end; then it goes all horror film collage on us.
Oh and about that camera filming the funeral.. I think that it's a bit interesting that they just skipped the whole up link thing and just attacked a satellite directly to the friggin thing :smokin:
"It is the Thunderbolt that steers the universe."~ Heraclitus
The people who voted for Obama or Romney are fucking idiots. Wake the fuck up.
"The Constitution was our last, best hope for peace... It failed. But, in the Year of the War against the Globalists, it became something greater: our last, best hope

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am

Chapter 37: Stranger in Town

“You know...after watching Candyman last night, I had a hell of a dream.” Mari tells her friend Rei as they, alongside Shinji, walk to school.

“So did I.” Rei replies. “but it had nothing to do with the movie, but rather this bizarre email I got. Trust me, Mari...it was freaky.”

“Sorry I didn't show up.” Shinji tells his friends. “I fell ill after the service so I couldn't come by and visit.”

“That's okay.” Rei responds and pats him on the head. “The movie we watched probably would've aggravated your condition and put you in an even worse mood than you already were in.”

“Horror films don't bother me too much.” Shinji calmly replies. “I still feel a little groggy but i'm well enough to make it through the day.”

“That's nice to....” Mari replies back, but before anyone else could add anything, they hear a voice calmly ask them, “Hey guys. Can you help me get to school?”

The group turns around and see a red haired girl in the standard issue school uniform standing. While the others try to reply, Rei's eyes wide as she notices that she bumped into her the day before. She looks at her and replies, “Oh hey I didn't know you're new here. Sorry about last night, I was...in a bit of a rush.”

“Oh it's not a big deal...errmm...what's your name now, friend?” the girl replies and asks her, sticking her right arm out in hopes for a handshake.

Rei shifts her eyes a little, looks right into the girl's eyes, shakes her hand and replies back, “Rei. Rei Ayanami.”. She turns her arm, points her finger at her friends and adds, “and these are my friends Mari Makinami and Shinji”.

“Salutations, friend.” Mari adds and shakes the girl's hand.

Shinji walks up to the girl, greets her and tells her, “Hi. Nice to meet you.”

The girl curtsies and calmly replies with a sense of elegance, “Nice to meet you all. I'm Mana Kirishima. I just moved here yesterday so I haven't got the chance to talk to anyone.”

“Yeah I know how it feels, Mana.” Rei replies back. “The first few days can be a little rough when you just moved it. Just take my word for it, I moved here back in December and despite feeling out of my element, I made a few friends and well...here I am.”

Mana chuckles back and responds, “Well I guess I can hang out with you all during lunchtime, maybe even try and get acquainted with the rest of my new classmates.”

Rei looks around and tells everyone, “All right we gotta get to school. We don't want to be late now.”. She looks at Mana and adds, “Especially you.” who simply smiles and nods back.

The rest of the group nod back and resume walking to school, only now with new classmate Mana a part of them.

Ten minutes later, the group arrives at their school. Mana looks around her surroundings with a gleeful smile on her face. She asks Rei, “So this is the school i'll be attending. Can you help me get to room 2-A?”

“That's where the rest of us attend.” Rei replies. “You're in good hands so let's not dilly dally and get in class.”

“Right.” Mana replies back. The others nod back and head to class.

“Alright everyone. Please stand.” Hikari orders her classmates. She directs Mana to stand by her, which she then adds, “Everyone I like you to meet our new new new classmate Mana Kirishima.”

“Hikari, I hope this one doesn't die on us like Kristina and Misaki did.” a random classmate shouts back in a bitter yet sarcastic tone.

“Calm down, Sho.” she replies back. She turns her attention back to Mana and adds,” Anyways...why not you go introduce yourself to us?”

She smiles back, walks closer to the seats and tells everyone, “Well...I never really got to talk with anyone else at my previous schools so this is quite a major change of pace for me so I hope i'll get to chat with you all during lunch time and after school.”.

Mana then curtsies to her classmates, looks at the teacher and asks him, “So where can I sit?”

“Ummmm....just take any open seat you see.” he replies back.

Mana walks away from Hikari and the table and starts looking for a seat to take for her own. She first walks towards the seat that previously belonged to Kristina Hoffle but Claire turns her head and sneers, “Don't sit here. I need it empty to remind me of how my I miss my friend.” which Mana quietly backs off and continues to look around. She walks up to the seat that once belonged to Misaki but decides not to choose it out of the assumption that it has some “bad vibes” about it. Ultimately, she ends up choosing a seat on the other side of the class opposite of where Rei sits.

After she sits down, a boy next to him looks at her and asks, “Hey baby...wanna go for a bite after school?”.

“Maybe another time.” she replies. “I have a lot of things to introduce myself to already.”

“So where did you move from?” Toji asks Mana as they, along with Rei, Mari, Shinji and Kensuke, sit at a table during lunch.

“Kyoto.” she responds in a calm tone. “My father works for Sumitomo Trust and Banking as a technician in the software management department, but recently his employer was told to relocate here due to a severe decline of human resources at the Kyoto branch.”

“How peculiar.” Mari replies. “So what does your mum do for a living since you're giving us a mouthful of what I would personally consider to be rather personal information.”

“Oh my mother just does the usual cooking and housekeeping duties.” Mana replies back. “She doesn't have a job since my dad is the one who supports us so she just stays home all day except when we need more groceries for around the house.”

Mari rolls her eyes in annoyance and pipes back, “That's nice and all but I think you're still dropping too much personal information.”

Mana slumps her head down in disappointment and quietly replies, “I'm sorry if i'm annoying you by saying too much. Mom and dad told me to always be honest and never tell a lie. I come from a very...honest family so I apologize.”

Rei walks to her side and sits aside from her. She pats her on the back and tells her, “It's okay with me. I have blurted out a few things when I shouldn't have myself on a few occasions.”. She looks back at Mari and rolls her eyes at Mari's harshness, which she shrugs back.

The whole crew then hear the bell ring which notifies them to get back to class. While everyone stands up and heads back to room 2-A, Rei walks up to Mari and asks her, “Dammit why are you being so harsh to the new kid?”

“Rei my chap, as much as I want to make new friends as the next person, this Mana gal reeks of...I dunno...something wholly fabricated. Very fake if you ask me.”

“So you're implying that Mana is not to be trusted according to some hunch you have?” Rei replies back, sounding rather puzzled by her friend's accusation.

“Well...” Mari replies back with a faint chuckle as she scratches her back and looks a bit embarrassed. “...i'm not too...ummmm...sure but it's just a gut feeling I have. However...that won't mean I can't be friendly with her ever.”

“Okay then.” Rei responds. “Just try and apologize to her when you get the chance, okay?” which her friend nods back. They both then continue walking back to class without bickering any further.

Back at HQ, Gendo sits on his desk. His cellphone rings which makes her quip, “Oh man what is it now?”, only to answer it. “Hello?” he asks on the other end.”

“So I guess you're still doing the same old shit.” a familiar guttural synthetic growl greets him.

“Dammit. Why did you have to call me now..especially at this time!” Gendo yells back in utter disapproval.

“What's wrong man. Seele getting your underwear in a knot?” the Dark One quips back.

“No it's not Seele and it's certainly not my underwear.” he replies. “It's that i'm completely out of goddamn pants at the moment and it's pissing me off dearly.”

“Why's that. Soiled too many up during all that time you sit in that silly Commander pose?” the Dark One sneers back with a very dry tone.

“No. Yui decided that all of my pants needed to be taken to the dry cleaners only to not leave me with a single pair I could wear so I have to sit my ass here, concealing my friggin' boxers with this friggin' table.” Gendo yells back, sounding greatly agitated by this.

“Well that's a damn shame.” the Dark One quips. “Anyhow, I was just calling in to see if there was any important updates I need to know.”

“Not at the moment.” Gendo replies back. However, before he could add any more to the conversation, the phone hangs up. “You know...i'm starting to tire of his antics.”

Before he could do anything else, the phone rings again, causing him to pick the phone back up in pure instinct.

“Who is this?” Gendo asks the person on the other end of the line.

“Commander Ikari, you sound a little flustered. Is something eating at you at the cost of your mission?” the person on the other end replies.

“Oh Keel, it's just you.” Gendo sighs in relief. “I thought it was gonna be someone else.”

“Why in world you would think something like that? Keel replies back in a rather puzzled way.

“Well...” Gendo replies, which he thinks for a few seconds to think up of a fib then adds, “I've been receiving prank calls from some punks the last few days. Nothing real serious.”

“If so...then okay. Whatever.” Keel sneers back. “However, the reason I called is that there's another angel on the way.

“Ok Keel. What shall we keep an eye out for regarding this particular angel?” he asks him.

“That's a good question because as far as I know, this angel likes to play it...quiet.”

“Excuse me?” Gendo snaps back. “What kind of a silly, cryptic message is that?”

“That's all I can tell you. I need to get some errands done.” Keel coldly replies, only to hang up the phone.

“Old bastard.” Gendo sneers to himself, obviously expressing a strong degree of contempt towards the leader of SEELE.

Keel, after finishing his phone call to Gendo, grabs his cane, stands up and grumbles, “I need a drink.”. He looks at Nigel, who's casually sitting on a chair and asks him, “Can you hand me a glass and my bottles of scotch and brandy?”. However, he notices that his long time friend is sound asleep.

“Mr. Lorenz, didn't you ask for these things?” a calm and tender voice asks him.

He turns around and sees a teenage girl with glasses, long black hair, a beauty mark under the left side of her lower lip and a blue and white polka dot dress, coyly smiling at him and holding the bottles he asked for and a glass filled with ice.

“Mayumi, you didn't have to bring these things to me dear.” Keel calmly replies back in a very surprised and humbled tone.

“It's no problem Mr. Lorenz, i'm just trying to help around with others. Especially you and Kaworu-kun.” Mayumi quietly responds.

Keel pats Mayumi's left shoulder, smiles back and her and replies, “Well, regardless, I greatly appreciate you helping me out in my twilight years.”. He then adds, “Besides...can you help escort me to my living quarters?”

“Yes sir.” Mayumi responds. She then walks over towards Keel's left arm, which he puts it over her body, and helps him out walk to his own private room deep within SEELE HQ. Since she has stuff in her arms, Keel opens the door instead and they continue to walk into the room together. Once they reach a desk, Keel hangs onto his cane and eases himself down into it. Mayumi then proceeds to put the requested items down onto the desk.

“Thank you very much Mayumi. Now you go have some fun.” Keel calmly thanks her which she simply replies by bowing down and giving him a curtsy. She then walks out of the room, leaving the old man alone as he starts making himself the rather unusual alcohol mix.

On the streets, Mana is walking home. She passes by many other people and simply smiles and waves back at them. However, she starts seeing people running away in absolute panic, with some screaming at her, “Run away, girl!”

She hears that and proceeds to turn around and, to her shock, sees a large, pearl white object floating in front of her. Knowing she has no other choice, she kneels down and trembles in fear at the sight of the object. However, to her her surprise the object casually flows away from her, leaving her alone in the middle of the street.

“Mari, I still do not get why you acted all crazy and paranoid to the new girl.” Rei questions her, still being quite confused by her actions.

“We already talked about this Rei.” Mari dryly replies. “I just have a gut feeling about her that rubs me the wrong way.”

“Oh well...i'm just having a crap day today.” Rei responds. “The hard drive of my PS3 broke, my CD player broke, my friggin' headphones broke and most of all, I have to replace it all with my leftover birthday money.”

“Oh man that bites utter bollocks.” Mari nods back.

“Yeah I know. It's utter crap that this all happened in such a short amount of time but I can survive through it.” Rei replies in a marginally depressed tone.

However, Kaji approaches and informs them, “Okay girls, HQ needs you pronto.”

“Another angel attack already?” Rei asks him. “Alright them.”. Mari simply nods back.

“Okay let's get going.” Kaji orders them and directs them to his car.

“So what are we going up against now, Commander?” Rei asks Gendo, now in her plugsuit and standing alongside Shinji and Mari, who are also in their respective plugsuits.

“Well...as far as I know, the angel in question this time...is...quiet.” Gendo quickly replies back, still having a hard time believing that himself.

“Quiet?” Mari asks him. “That's kind of a weird thing to say about an angel, as well as your bizarre decision to wear shorts of all things.”

"Yeah, my shorts. Not very flattering if you ask me." Gendo quietly tells himself.

“Well, speaking of weird things, where's Asuka?” Rei pipes in and asks everyone else.

“Asuka's...well...not feeling well enough to pilot again at the moment.” Misato informs them.

“So that's why she wouldn't come back home after school.” Shinji inquires.

“Yes Shinji. She's staying over at a friend's house tonight.” Misato replies to him, which he simply nods back in response.

“So how much time do we got to stop this angel?” Rei asks her superiors.

“As usual, just get the job done and stop the angel as soon as possible before it can reach us here in HQ.” Yui replies.

“Yes we still can't afford an angel breaking into HQ ever again.” Gendo adds. “Especially after that fiasco with that one with the stupid size changing powers.”

“Affirmative” all three kids reply, nodding their heads in unison.

“Okay then, chop chop. We got no time to slack now.” Gendo orders them, clapping his hands as he stands up and walks around to watch them walk to their respective entry plugs.

“So Keel's personal note about the angel seriously was that it's quiet?” Yui asks her husband. “Sounds utterly preposterous.”

“Actually, an angel that has the ability to be silent doesn't seem to be too much out of the realm of possibility for me.” Ritsuko adds while adjusting her glasses.

“Whatever that means, they should be able to take care of it with ease as they have proved over time and time again.” Misato pipes in, sounding very optimistic that they'll be able to stop the angel.”

“Wait guys...is Jet going out too?” Shiro asks them after he pops up, sounding like he's out of breath.

“Not this time.” Gendo replies. “Your mech needs some maintenance before it can go back into combat.”

“Okay then, i'll get on it.” Shiro replies and runs back towards the hanger where Jet is being stored.

“Guys..guys...” Hyuga shouts at his fellow workers.

“What is it?” Misato replies while stretching her neck.

“Speaking of missing people.” Hyuga adds. “Where's Lieutenant Ibuki?”

“Oh she's got the day off. Ritsuko will fill in for her.” Gendo quickly replies.

Ritsuko's eyes bug out in shock, looks at Gendo and yells out, “WHAT?”

As the EVAs pop out of the ground to find the angel, a shadowy figure that resembles the one Gendo had conversations with and Rei saw on her birthday, stands on top of a rooftop, watching what goes down in front of it's eyes. As it sets up a tripod to put a digital camcorder on, it's long black tattered cape sways wildly as the wind blows. “There we go.”, it growls in it's haunting, robotic howl as it looks at the camcorder's monitor and sees the three giants armed with it's own assortment of weapons walk through the streets to find it's target.

The figure walks away from the camcorder and pulls out a digital camera to capture various shots of the EVAs for reasons unknown.

“So...where is the angel I may presume?” Mari asks as she controls her EVA through the city streets.

“Beats me.” Rei adds. “Hell if I know where it could.”

Unit 01 stands around with it's assault rifle in hand. Little to it's knowledge, a giant pearly figure floats up behind it and starts to shine like the burning sun at day rise.

A horrific, tingling feeling pulsates through Shinji's body as he screams at his fellow pilots, “Rei, Mari. Something's wrong with me!”

The others see the object behind Shinji's EVA, which Rei then exclaims “Shoot, that must be the angel!”

“Oh bollocks!” Mari sneers back. “Hang on, I think I can take it on.”. Mari makes her Evangelion extract it's blades and makes a mad dash to the angel, only to stumble down as Mari feels the same, horrifying feeling flow under her skin.

“Oh hell, I feel it too. What the hell is up with this angel, is it telepathic or what.” she screams in pain as she clenches her body in an attempt to ease the pain.

“Shit. What the hell am I supposed to do?” Rei ponders in frustration as her two friends are now in the angel's psychokinetic clutches.

“I dunno, just stand there for the time being and try to keep it occupied until we can get some backup to help you and save your fellow pilots.” Misato informs her as she watches what conspires in the monitors.

“Asuka...are you okay?” Hikari asks her as they both sit inside a bedroom. “You've been looking really depressed recently and it's worrying me.”

“It's...hard to explain.” Asuka replies in a somewhat dead tone. “Ever since I failed to save DesuLoli, i've been questioning myself over my whole job as an EVA pilot.”

“Ummmm...yeah I know it sucks you couldn't save someone but my dad once told me that things happen in life.” Hikari replies. “I lost my mother when I was young and I miss her every day but I learned not to blame myself and cherish the memories that I had with her. You could at least do the same with Kristina and stop blaming yourself for her death.”

“But that's the thing. I have very few good memories with Kristina. I was such a mean dummkopf to her the day she died. I can't deal with that, it's just too much for me to handle.” Asuka quietly replies back.

“Oh man.” Hikari tells herself. She then looks around and tells Asuka, “Well, there should be other memories you can remember her by. Aside from that day, you two kinda got along alright, especially on Rei's birthday so like I said, stop blaming it was your fault and just move on with life with the best of memories of her you can remember and cherish for the years to come.”

“Okay...I guess so.” Asuka replies, still looking really glum. “So what should we do?”

“I dunno...I guess watch TV.” Hikari responds as she turns on the TV, only to see a news report regarding the current angel attack.

“We're live at the scene and it appears that the Evangelions are in grave trouble.” the reporter informs the viewers. “At the moment, two of the Evangelions have been rendered immobile and the third seems to be overwhelmed by the odds the angel has brought on. Reportedly, i've gotten word that help from the JSSDF is on the way and should assist Nerv in the already disaster of a battle. More information will come in once we get it.”

Asuka watches the report, looking horrified that the fight has taken a turn for the worst. She tells herself, “Oh shit. Baka Shinji, that idiot with the glasses and Wondergirl are in need of help and i'm nowhere to be seen. I want to go help, but I don't want to risk any more collateral damage on my part...but maybe...just maybe there won't be any casualties this time if I make it in time.”

“Asuka...Asuka...are you okay. Can you hear me?” Hikari asks her as her friend glazes at the TV screen, not uttering a single word in response to the news report.

“Alright...I may not be in the best position to fight you but I can try my best to see if I can outsmart you.” Rei tells the angel in a fairly nervous tone as Unit 00 holds its prog swords and stands in front of it and its fellow Evangelions..

All of a sudden, her friends' EVAs turn their heads towards hers, clutching their weapons hard.

“I thought you guys were in pain. Are you better now?” Rei asks her friends.

“Pain. No Rei...the only pain you will be feeling is the one we'll deliver to you.” Shinji replies in a chilling, zombie-like manner.

“Yes Rei...you may feel a lot of pain when we first get to you but we promise to make it short and sweet. Short and sweet.” Mari adds, also having that terrifying type of dialect Shinji has at the moment.

“I can't get any readings from Evangelion Units 01 and 05.” Aoba shouts out as he witnesses the vital signs of both the pilots and their Evangelions scramble into virtually incomprehensible words and configurations. “This is so fucking bizarre I can't believe it!”

“Dear god, the angel has taken control of Evangelion pilots Shinji Ikari and Mari Makinami!” Ritsuko shouts out in utter horror as she focuses on their status.

“This is no good, this is no good at all.” Gendo grumbles back, sounding more restrained than everyone else.

“We need to do something to save their lives. Especially our son, dammit!” Yui screams out as a gut feel of absolute terror overwhelms her.

“Guys, what do I do to save them and stop the angel?” Rei asks her superiors.

“Rei...just try to remain calm, we'll eventually figure something...” Misato replies, trying her best to keep a grasp of her emotions as she sees the other pilots played like puppets.

However, her attention, as well as everyone's else is broken as a door opens and slams without warning. They all turn around and see a familiar figure standing a distance from them.

“Misato...Commander...Dr. Ikari...Dr. Akagi...Aoba?” Rei asks as everyone in HQ goes silent, much to her dismay. “Dammit, why go silent at me at such a horrifying moment.”, she yells as her fellow Evangelions and the angel overwhelm her.

She makes Unit 00 walk back a little, with the prog swords still in hand, yet the monitors in her screen change to a feed of none other than the leader of the infamous 90s religious group Heaven's Gate, trying to get into her head and accept defeat.

“Come on, Ayanami. Join us to the stars above and we can all be together as one.” Shinji tells her as Unit 01 approaches her Evangelion, holding the assault rifle like it's a baseball bat.

“Yes...let us kill you so we can set you free!” Mari adds in a very disturbing, menacing tone as Unit 05 walks towards Unit 00, striking its blades against each other.

Rei shifts her eyes at the nightmarish sight, sweating and trying to think of a way to get out of this in a manner that would not cost her friends' lives. “What I do, Rei. What the hell do I do to stop this madness?”, she tells herself in a very panicked tone.

“THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO SAVE YOURSELF EXCEPT SURRENDER YOURSELF TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AMONG THE STARS!” the apparition of deceased Heaven's Gate leader Marshall Applewhite tells her on the monitors, looking even more sickly and demented than he did on the original tapes.

Rei tries her hardest to keep her cool as the entire situation deteriorates in front of her eyes. However, she hears a loud crash that distracts her a little for only a few seconds. “What on Earth is going on now?”

What she, her mindwarped fellow EVA pilots, the angel and The Dark One do not know that from another rooftop across the way, a giant figure cloaked in a long, brown, tarp hidden from view with a prog knife in hand watches the battle like a hawk spying on it's next victim. It focuses in on the angel and without notice, leaps from the roof and pounces onto the angel like a cat attacking it's prey, forcing the strange, alien, being to tumble into the ground with an explosion of asphalt and pipes.

“Oh shit!”, Rei shouts in shock as she witnesses the insanity going on right in front of her eyes.

The mind controlled Evangelions, shockingly enough, do not even twitch at the sight of the giant and instead simply stand still like a pair of lobotomized mental patients.

The angel tries its hardest to hold the titan in its paralytic clutches, but fails, instead pushing it back right into a nearby building. After the being crashes into the building, the tarp falls out and reveals it to be none other than Evangelion Unit 02, shocking the other pilots that Asuka, without even notifying anyone, decided to join in on the fight after all.

“Alright you pearl white bastard, you're not gonna stop me so easily!” Asuka screams at the angel and charges right towards it with prog knife in hand.

Despite the angel scrambling to initiate one of it's psychic powers on Asuka and Unit 02, it fails miserably as the prog knife is violently jammed right into it's body, causing blood to spill out like a tipped over bowl of tomato sauce.

Unit 02 starts to pull the blade upward through the angel's body, making blood and guts splashing down to the ground right until it bumps right into the core, which rather than thinking otherwise, the EVA simply drops the knife and grabs a hold of the core, ripping it right out of the angel and killing it in the process.

“Now that's what I call power. I need to make some more adjustments to my own personal beauty.” The Dark One growls in excitement as it has gotten enough footage and photos of the EVAs in action to satisfy it and help in the making of it's own private little project deep in HQ.

The angel's brutal mental clutch on Shinji and Mari suddenly vanishes, releasing them from their borderline brainwashed state. “What the heck just happened?” Shinji asks Rei in a greatly confused tone.

“The angel did some weird trickery that took complete control of you two which made my life a lot harder...until you know who showed up.” Rei replies and explains to them as he notices the monitors inside her cockpit return to normal, with no sight of the long dead cult leader to be found.

“Well that's a load of bollocks but at least...” Mari responds, but stops when she looks up and sees that Unit 02 is in front of her and Shinji. 'Hey Asuka...thanks for coming in at the nick of time to stop that angel.”, she thanks her though the Germanic redhead doesn't utter a single word.

More surprising, however, is that Mana is in a distance from the action, who really gets Asuka's attention. She looks around and sees that no casualties have been made in her actions. She smiles and tells everyone, “I'm back in business!”

Shinji also spots Mana, which she looks at his EVA in awe. He makes Unit 01 wave at her, which she waves back and smiles at it, which, to his surprise, gives him the old butterflies in the gut feeling.

Several hours later, Rei stands in front of her favorite record shop, disappointed that it closed for the night.

“Damn, i'm been having a really shitty day so far. Hell, even Asuka managed to get the better of me during our mission...and she wasn't even there in the first place.

“Hey there...don't I remember you from a while back?” a voice asks her from behind.

“Ummm...excuse me but I don't quite...” Rei replies, but she then turns around and, to much of her surprise, sees a face she didn't expect to see again at all.

“Wow...your hair has gotten quite a bit longer since we last met...say...isn't your name Rei?” the guy asks her.

“Yeah...and...is that you, Kashiro...isn't that your name?” Rei asks him, noticing that while his face is a bit familiar, the addition of some facial hair and the far more casual looking hair style throws her off a little.

“Yeah Rei, it's me. Kashiro Wakayama. We met at the airport back in December in case you forgot.” he replies with a grin on his face.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 am

Alrighty, another chapter is finally out and a wild Mana and Mayumi has appeared!

This chapter had an interesting angel concept, interesting enough that I kinda wish you built it up and presented it a little better. Since it was a psychic type it would have been interesting to see it do more then just paralyzes the eva pilots such as take them over and use them to attack Rei overwhelming her which in turn would of made for a better set up for Asuka's dynamic entery.

Also here's a few other things I think could use a bit of a clean up:

“You know...after watching Candyman last night, I had a hell of a dream.” Mari tells her friend Rei...

This one's a bit of a nit-pick but I think you could drop the friend before Rei, we kinda got that by now :p

What she, the other EVA pilots, the angel and The Dark One don't know is that on top of another rooftop, a figure that's the same size of the EVAs cloaked in a long brown tarp is standing, watching the angel. It has a prog knife in hand and, without even giving a notice, jumps down and gets onto the angel, causing it to tumble onto the ground.

The way you set up this scene could have been a little neater, for example:

What she, her fellow EVA pilots, the angel and the Dark One did not know that from another rooftop across the way a giant figure cloaked in a long, brown, tarp hide from view with a prog knife in hand watching the battle. It focused in on the angel and without notice bounded from the roof and onto the angel like a cat onto it's prey, forcing the strange, alien, being to tumble into the ground with an explosion of asphalt and pipes.

And lastly,

The angel tries its hardest to put the being into it's form of paralysis...

They way you're describing what the angel is doing reads a little oddly, instead of using “being” to hide the identity of Unit 02 try something that carries it's size and ferocity a bit better like “titan” or “the enraged goliath” and instead of saying “onto it's form of paralysis” maybe try just saying “...tries it's hardest to bring the titan down with it's power of paralysis.”

Outside of that, another pretty good chapter. It could set up some of the details a bit better but works as a set up for Mana and Mayumi entery as well as having Asuka over coming her grief.

Also, nice little through back there with the reintroduction of Kashiro Wakayama...
"The Constitution was our last, best hope for peace... It failed. But, in the Year of the War against the Globalists, it became something greater: our last, best hope

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 am

once again, thanks for the feedback.

as I mentioned in IRC, I will fix some stuff, add those things you wished were in there and add that one bit I said I wanted in there too.

EDIT: the edits and additional stuff I mentioned I would do are now there!

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 pm

well shit, this place is quite dusty

clears off dust

anyhow, since the last time I uploaded a new chapter, I went into working on some scripts i've been meaning to get around to and with both of them in fairly good places, I feel like it's time to bring this bad boy back into my mind.

So those out there that's wondering what happened to Ayanami: Vengeance, this is my replay.

New chapter should be out anyday now.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 pm

welp, another few months and I STILL have yet to release a new chapter.

no need to fear, those (few) that were reading it, I just resumed writing the new chapter but I have yet to finish and upload it

in the meantime though, enjoy this trailer to Ayanami: Vengeance I made

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 am

Silly Seele, you're smarter than that and we both know that there will be NO film adaption, jokes aside.

Anyways, with that said, here's the much delayed new chapter.

Chapter 38: Darkness Descends

“So what you've been up too since we last met?” Kashiro asks Rei as they sit by a table inside a cafe.

“Doing what I came here for.” Rei replies as she converses with him and waits for her drink. “I did meet quite a few friends, had a close encounter with death, had my arm broken for a month, witnessed a friend die and saved many other lives among other things.”

“So how's the job at Nerv going?” he asks her. “As good as you hoped or are you already sick of it by now?”

“Aside from the aforementioned loss of a friend and injury that put me out of commission for a little while, the job's been fine. Piloting an Evangelion, while not as easy as you would think, becomes second nature after a while.” Rei replies. “Of course having friends on the job too also makes my life easier so it's all cool.”

“Not bad.” Kashiro replies. “Unfortunately for me, things are not going as well as I planned so I decided to...well...move back to Tokyo 3.”

“Oh really?” Rei replies, surprised that Kashiro will be around longer than the last time she ran into him. “Well I guess that's cool. That also means that...”

“That we can have some...quality time together.” Kashiro replies, which he then grins at Rei with implied deviousness.

At first, Rei doesn't know how to react and reply to Kashiro's comment, but after a few brief seconds, she looks at him right in his eyes and replies back, “...okay. Just tell me what you have in mind.”

“Well...” Kashiro replies. “..how about we...ummmm...go to my place?”

“Go to his place?” Rei thinks to herself as she looks at him in a vaguely less than positive light. “First off, I barely know the guy and what if he has some bullshit date rape plan in motion? I'm gonna be pissed if he tries to and i'll make it loud and clear that i'm not someone you try to mess with.” She then stops her internal dialogue, examines his face and his body, trying to picture what he would look in the nude, imagining toned six pack abs, a firm ass and thin yet muscular arms and legs, smiling at him in the process which she then resumes thinking to herself. “On the other hand...he is good looking. Hell, he might have a fine body underneath those clothes. Love to rip them off and caress his chest, arms and thighs as he lays down on a bed. Yet, do I really need to even consider dating this guy? I still like to eventually ask Shinji out, but he has that Mana girl that he's making looks at. Oh well, screw it. I'll settle with Kashiro...for now.”

“Rei?” Kashiro asks her, concerned that she hasn't replied. “Rei?”

Rei simply remains quiet and smiles, which continues to worry Kashiro until he looks at her, waves his right hand in front of her face and adds, “Earth to Rei. Are you okay?”

She then blinks her eyes, shakes her head, looks at Kashiro and replies, “Oh i'm sorry about it. So what did you suggest we do again?”

“I said we should to my place.” Kashiro replies, sounding slightly annoyed by having to repeat himself.

Rei then thinks for a few seconds, just to further consider going or not, looks at Kashiro with a big smile and replies, “Okay. Just show me the way.”

“Oh cool.” Kashiro replies back, seeing that Rei looks a bit gleeful towards wanting to go to his place. “Let's just get our drinks so I can pay for them. Then we can go my place.”

“Alright.” Rei responds. “I'm fine with just waiting a little bit...”.

Right before she could finish her sentence, a waitress walks by with their drinks, first says “Chocolate Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?”, which Rei immediately raises her hand and immediately gets it handed over to her. The waitress then picks up the other drink, mutters “Dark Cherry Mocha Latte?” which Kashiro pretty much replies, “Right over here.” and gets it handed over to him.

The waitress then pulls out the check and tells them, “That'll be 1257 yen total.”, which Kashiro pulls out his wallet, hands her over the required yen, waves at her as she walks away, turns his head towards Rei and tells her, “Alright let's get out of here.”, which she nods back and follows him as he makes his way out of the cafe.

A good three minutes later, Rei and Kashiro walk through the streets, making their way to Kashiro's place. To make it feel like time is going by a bit faster, they both drink their respective drinks and chat with each other.

“I have no idea why I never bothered to go in there before but I know for sure i'll be back.” Rei tells Kashiro as she drinks her frappuccino. “This is so delicious.”

“Tell me about it.” Kashiro replies. “Hey can you let me try yours?”

“Only if you let me try out yours in exchange.” Rei replies back while smirking.

“Sure thing.” Kashiro responds and nods back, which he then and Rei both trade their respective drinks to try the other one out. After taking a sip of Rei's drink, he turns his head back towards her and adds, “I'll admit it, they did a hell of a job with your frappuccino.”

“So basically I have the better drink...right?” Rei asks him before taking a sip of his drink. She then takes a sip of it, turns her attention back to him and adds, “Well your drink is good but yeah, mine's bitchin'.”

“See I told you so.” Kashiro replies. He then looks up, smiles, looks back at Rei and adds, “Oh by the way, we're here.”

“Ah okay.” Rei responds, which she then trades drinks with Kashiro again to get her drink back. “So we just inside?”

“Yeah Rei. Come inside.” Kashiro replies which he then walks to the door, pulls out his keys and unlocks it as he sips on his drink. He then looks at Rei, waves his hand to direct her into his place, which she pretty much cautiously follows him inside.

“Wow Kashiro. Paint me impressed.” Rei tells him as she looks around his place. “How were you able to get such a nice place here and all out of your pocketbook to boot?”

“Actually my folks were kind enough to kick in some yen so I could buy it.” Kashiro replies. “So yeah, it's all to myself. Hell, you can stay here tonight if you want.”

“Ummm...i'll think about it.” Rei replies back.

“How about you think about this.” Kashiro replies, which he then wraps his left arm around Rei's waist, plants his right hand on the back of Rei's head and, to her surprise, passionately kisses her.

Normally, Rei would react as accordingly, but since she's rather surprised by that Kashiro, despite being a bit of a stranger, is actually a fairly decent kisser, as well as that her hormones kick in, making her wrap her arms around Kashiro's body and locking lips with him in acceptance.

As they continue kissing, Kashiro grabs Rei by her legs, hoists her up and takes her to his bedroom. He then carefully sets Rei down on his bed, which she simply lays back looking like she's in ecstasy and softly panting in excitement. However, her slight sexual excitement somewhat grinds to a halt when she sees Kashiro pulling off his T-Shirt, though some enthusiasm returns to her upon seeing his rock hard abs and muscle tone.

“Wha'cha think, Rei?” Kashiro asks her as he shows her his muscular yet lean body.

“Looks fine.” Rei replies in a somewhat deadpan tone. She then thinks to herself, “Damn good body but I don't like where this is going. I'll just go with the flow for now though.”

Kashiro then gets on the bed and lays down next to Rei, which they both resume kissing. They both firmly wrap their arms around each other's backs, though Kashiro begins to slide his right hand down against Rei's body, which she simply laughs over getting tickled by the feeling of his hand rub against her warm, pale body.

They both continue to kiss as Kashiro continues sliding his right hand down Rei's body, now reaching her jeans. He unbuttons her jeans, unzips them and much to her shock, shoves his hand into Rei's panties and touches her genitalia. This catches Rei off guard so much, she spontaneously clenches her right hand, pulls her arm away from his body and delivers a swift, hard punch to Kashiro's face, it ends up connecting with his nose, causing a stomach churning cracking sound to echo out and blood to start pouring out of his nostrils, which he quickly reacts by pulling his arms away from her and planting his hands on his nose to stop the blood from flowing and to try to fix his obviously broken nose.

“Oh shit i'm so sorry Kashiro!” Rei yells back in shock over that she injured him.

“Uhhh...that's okay Rei. Did I come onto you too soon?” Kashiro replies and asks her, though sounding a lot more nasally.

“Ummmm....no. I just had a very brash reaction of something. I didn't mean to nearly maim you though, i'm so damn sorry about that.” Rei replies back in a very apologetic tone.

“Please don't blame yourself over that. It's okay.” Kashiro responds. “I'm not mad at you at all, in fact you can still stay over. No hard feelings okay?”

“...Nah I better get going now. I'll see you tomorrow okay. Just please go get that nose checked out or something but don't tell them how you broke it.” Rei replies while nervously smiling at him.

“...alright then. Goodnight Rei.” Kashiro responds as Rei buttons and zips up her pants, grabs her belongings and quickly leaves his house without even replying. “Damn she was in a real hurry. I wonder why.”

Several minutes later, Rei is seen walking on the streets again, still having a hard time comprehending what just happened tonight. She sits down on a bench and looks at the hand she punched Kashiro with.

“Okay Rei.” she tells herself. “How the hell did I do that?”.

She wiggles her hand, clenches it and such to see if she injured herself, but to her surprise, she feels no pain or any broken bones in her arm at all.

“Hmmm. At least I know I don't need to be wearing a cast again for another few months.” Rei inquires. She then looks down at the bench and adds, “Well...lemme see if that was just a freak accident or something really is going on with me.”.

Rei then gets off the bench, turns around, bends down and grabs a hold of the bench. She then lifts it up which, much to her shock manages to completely lift it off the ground and hold it over her head with complete ease.

“Oh...shit. I think I need to tell this to the Ikaris and....ugh...Dr. Akagi.” Rei inquires, realizing that what she did to Kashiro was not a one time freak accident but something potentially serious.

She then sees a Taxi driving through the streets a block down from her, which she then prompts to walk into the street and shout, “Taxi. Taxi!”, which it pulls over, the driver looks out of one of the windows and shouts back, “Get in.”

“So you're on them EVA pilots eh?” the Taxi driver asks her. “You look too young to be holding some other position in Nerv.”

“Yeah.” Rei quickly replies.

“Ah. Makes sense why you're having me drop you off there, though I haven't heard the news tell me of an angel attack today.” he replies back.

“Well to be fair I would've known ahead of time if I had to go there and suit up but I got another, rather...ummmm...strange situation going on I need to talk to about with one of my superiors.” Rei responds, sounding a little embarrassed to even hint of her new-found troubles.

“..oh I see.” he inquires. He then looks up, sees that he has arrived at Nerv HQ, pulls over, turns his head towards Rei and informs her, “Alright kid, we're here.”

“Oh good.” Rei replies. She then pulls out and hands the Taxi driver fifteen dollars, though her looks at her and tells her, “Keep the cash, kid. I find charging my protectors to be quite counter productive.”

“Thank you.” Rei again replies, which she puts her money away, gets out of the Taxi, looks back at him and adds, “And once again...thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” the Taxi driver replies and waves his hand at Rei as she walks towards Nerv HQ.

Rei waves back and sees him drive away, which she then immediately turns her attention back to going inside Nerv HQ.

Inside, she walks around and sees how much of an empty industrial nightmare the place is at the dead of night when there isn't an angel attack going on.

“Oh poo I think I should've just went home and walked over here in the morning. I can't see a damn thing when it's this dark.” Rei whines as she walks through Nerv HQ, trying to find the Med lab so she can sleep in there and let Ritsuko find her there when she shows up at HQ in the morning.

Little to Rei's knowledge, a mysterious person hides in the shadows, watching Rei walk through the place. However, Rei then turns her head towards where the person is hiding, which said person then quiet groans, “Oh fuck.” and ducks down so she can't see if someone is there.

“Huh. I guess i'm just seeing things.” Rei tells herself and continues to walk through HQ.

The person then pushes its hand against the wall and opens a secret door. Before going in, the person then says in a vicious tone, “Oh you think you're seeing things now Rei but remember...you should fear what's lurking in the shadows, not the shadows themselves.” and proceeds to enter the secret room, closing the door immediately after getting in.

Rei, still walking through the darkened hallways of Nerv HQ, decides to take a breather by sitting down against a wall. “Sheesh I dunno what it is about the lights but man oh man, I could use them right now or hell, someone to just guide me through the place. I feel like i've been walking down the same hallway for twenty damn minutes.”.

She then starts to close her eyes to try to fall asleep, but after a minute, she realizes that she cannot fall asleep and decides to stand back and walk around in hope that it will get her tired.

She then stops by a table and to her surprise, finds a flashlight conveniently sitting on it. She immediately picks it up and flips it on, which at first it seems like it's working fine but when she starts walking around again while using it to lighten the place up, it starts to dim.

“Oh god dammit.” Rei groans in disappointment. The flashlight then completely dies on her, which only further drives up her frustrations.

Instead of trying to venture any further, she simply remains standing, fuming over how much of an idiot she was for deciding to stop by HQ way too early in the morning. However, her eyes widen in shock when two red lights suddenly cut through the darkness.

“Remember me, Ms. Ayanami?” a voice growls out of the darkness, which she immediately recognizes it.

“You....you're the one that called on my birthday!” she yells back. “How...how the hell do you know who I am?!?”.

“I just do.” the voice replies back, which then the lights start moving closer to Rei.

Rei, realizing that the voice is coming from what's shining the lights, clenches her fists and gets into a fighting position, hoping her newly gained freak strength will help her. The figure then gets closer to Rei, revealing it to be none other than The Dark One, which Rei then tries to punch him. However, he immediately grabs her right hand with his right hand.

She tries to pull her hand away but The Dark One simply tightens his grip on her. He then growls at her, “Is that you telling me you want to fight, Ms. Ayanami?”

Rei then looks at The Dark One's arm, thinks for a few seconds, then looks back at his masked face and replies, “...you got one now, Darth Vapor!', which she then kicks his arm, which he groans in pain and immediately lets go of her.

Rei then clenches her fists, steps back a bit, runs towards The Dark One and knees him in his chest, which causes him to stumble back a bit. He then wraps his right arm around his chest and growls, “Fuck...that hurt. Ugh.”

The Dark One then slowly stands back up, still feeling the effects of getting hit in the chest. Rei then immediately charges at him and starts delivering several quick punches to his masked visage and a few kicks to his sides. However, he quickly backhands her, which sends her down to the ground hard.

“You think the standard issue Nerv hand to hand combat training is gonna help you in this fight, Ms. Ayanami?” The Dark One growls at her.

“Actually, that's only half of what's going to help me.” Rei replies, which despite having a small but bloody cut on her lower lip, stands up, charges at him again and delivers a rock hard punch to his face, which happens to not only crack the lenses of his helmet but also does some minor damage to the helmet's hi-tech built in monitor.

The Dark One then kneels down to the ground, realizing that his sight has been damaged a bit but rather than removing his helmet to see better, he keeps it on in favor of keeping his identity a secret.

Rei then looks at her hand and despite seeing that she now has a cut on her hand, she shrugs it off, clenches her hands again and gets back into a fighting stance.

The Dark One then stands back up, which prompts Rei to charge back at him, to she's immediately stopped in her tracks by a painful knee to her stomach, courtesy of The Dark One. He then delivers a sequence of hard, painful punches to her face, which steadily adds bruises and cuts to her face. To add insult to injury, he uppercuts her in the chin, grabs her by her neck, lifts her up over his body and throws her into a corner littered with cardboard boxes.

Despite having a copious amount of aching pain all over her body and completely drenched in sweat, Rei slowly stands back up, once again gets into a fighting stance, though her posture is a bit exhausted and winded.

“You're really fucking stupid, Ms. Ayanami.” The Dark One berates her, obviously treating her like a joke. “The only thing you're gonna be doing after tonight is sitting in a morgue.”

“I may be an idiot for trying to defend myself, but I have to say i'll pass spending tomorrow with a bunch of cold stiffs because I got better things to do.” Rei shouts back in a cocky tone and smirks. She then runs at The Dark One, punches and kicks him quite a few times, dodges a few of his own attacks and once again hits him in the chest, which brings him back on his knees.

Rei then takes several steps away from The Dark One, cranks her neck, runs towards him the fastest she can, jumps high up in the air (which greatly shocks and puzzles The Dark One), does a few flips in the air and kicks him in the face so hard it does even more substantial damage to his helmet, it manages to completely shatter it's lenses, exposing his eyes.

Rei then lands on the ground, stunned over how she was able to do that, looks at The Dark One and, for a split second, catches a glimpse of the eyes inside the helmet. However, he immediately turns away, yells out, “You may have won this round, Ms. Ayanami but I promise you...the next time we meet up...and that's IF one of the angels don't kill you first, you certainly won't be the victor.” and runs away into the rich, shadowy darkness.

Satisfied she managed to beat the so-called Dark One, Rei exhales in happiness. She then touches her face, feels a wet sensation, looks at her hand and sees it's covered in blood, which makes her mutter, “Oh dear. How am I going to explain this to everyone?”

Several hours later, daylight has arrived and Ritsuko Akagi has just entered Nerv HQ. She walks around the place, sees a trail of blood on the floor, follows it and enters the med bay.

Inside, she sees Rei sitting on a bed, which she asks her, “Hey Rei, are you okay. Did you stay here all night?”

“I guess that's the best way you could put it, Ritsuko.” Rei replies, though she doesn't turn her face towards Ritsuko.

“Hey why aren't looking at me when you reply?” Ritsuko replies.

“I...don't think you'll like what you'll see.” Rei sarcastically yet bluntly replies.

“Oh god dammit Rei. Just turn around and show me your face!” Ritsuko shouts back, growing frustrated over how Rei's acting right now.

“Okay Ritsuko, but I warned you.” Rei responds, which she then turns around and shows Ritsuko her face, which horrifies her quite a bit.

“Jesus fucking Christ, Rei. What the hell happened to you!” Ritsuko replies in a repulsed tone, seeing Rei's bloodied and bruised as hell face, which while not a pretty sight, isn't nearly as ghastly as her face was after her first angel fight.

“It's a long story.” Rei quips back, smiling and knowing she's gonna have to explain some things to everyone.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:48 am

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote: there will be NO film adaption

Ohhhh... really. I was really excited to see that toooooo... Boooooooooooo!

Heh, but anyways. Nice to see ya back in action on your fic, lord knows I'm one to talk with how long my hiatus between Volume 1 and 2 of my fic was. But onto the fic it self.

Sooo, it seems that ol' Kashiro has some amabtion going on there. Wonder how that's gonna play out when Shinji finds out, is going to just be regular old doormat Shinji? Or will he bull a Rebuild and tell him to give him back his Ayanami? And also it looks like her angel hybrid powers have leveled up a notch or two.

Oh, one last thing. I LOL'ed at the part where "Darth Vapor", just before he dips into his secret cubby hole, goes all, “Oh you think you're seeing things now Rei but remember...you should fear what's lurking in the shadows, not the shadows themselves.”

That felt like such a "I'll get you next time Gadget, next tiiiimmmme!" moment that I just cracked up as I read it.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Chapter 39: Our Band Could Be Your Life.

“Rei. Can you please explain to us what the hell happened to you?” Yui asks her as she and Rei, along with Ritsuko, Gendo and Fuyutsuki all stand in front of her.

“I....uhhhhh...met up with a guy last night. Not your son though. It was another guy. A much...much more muscular dude.” Rei replies. “He decided that he would like to take me out to get some frappuccinos so we went there and got them. However, he decided that he needed to use the little boys room and so I just sat there at a table when all of a sudden, this six foot two, five hundred pound of pure unadulterated lard decided that I was way too attractive look and wanted to fix that so he then punched me so hard in the face, it sent me flying.”

“That's absolutely preposterous.” Fuyutsuki whispers to Gendo.

“Uhhhhhh I say it's rather plausible.” Gendo whispers back. “Rei kinda reminds me of when I was a teenager. Constantly getting in fights with assholes who just want to see the world rot.”

“Yeah I remember that but I also remember you getting constant trips to the police office.” Fuyutsuki replies. “If Rei really did get in a fight, she, the fat guy and the guy she went out with would all be in police custody and we would've been given a nice, agitated call from the Tokyo-3 police chief.”

“True, but let's just buy what she said for now.” Gendo replies back. “If it turns out she's really lying, we'll deal with that when the time comes. Right now that kid needs a break with that battered face.”

“I see.” Fuyutsuki replies. “Just don't feel like a moron that dropped way too much spaghetti on the floor when she finally reveals what really happened some time from now.”

“Yeah yeah yeah I get it.” Gendo snaps back, which Fuyutsuki then walks away, shaking his head. With his friend walking away, Gendo then quietly adds in a mocking tone, “Pushing Rei when it turns out she got in a fight with someone or something like that blah blah blah.”, all while Rei, who's still standing a small distance away from the Commander, patiently waiting for him to tell her if she gets the day off or not, simply keeps quiet so she won't get involved in this rather petty argument.

Fuyutsuki then looks back at Gendo with an agitated stare and replies, “Are you mocking me old friend?”.

“...ummmm....nope.” Gendo nervously replies. “That reminds me...I gotta get back to my office.”

“But Gendo...you are in your office!” Fuyutsuki replies, puzzled by his friend/co-worker's erratic behavior.

“...oh.” Gendo replies. “Well can you please leave me alone?”

“That's what I was doing, Gendo.” Fuyutsuki sneers back, annoyed by how he's acting. “Just please talk to me when you're not being a member of the ministry of silly attitudes.”. He then walks out of the room, quietly remarking, “He needs to calm the fuck down and take break from this job so he can clear his mind and spend some time with his son before he turns into some curmudgeon, cold blooded commander suffering fatigue overload.”

“Man what is up with Fuyutsuki today?” Gendo groans in confusion as he sits down and waits for a certain person to either show up or give him a call.

"Beats me." Rei replies, which actually manages to surprise Gendo a bit.

"You're still here?" he asks her.

"Yeah." Rei replies back. "So what do I do, Commander?"

"Go take the day off Rei. You'll need it to recover for the next angel fight...whenever that will be, so please, go home and don't get in any more trouble."

"Yes sir." Rei calmly replies, nods back at him and leaves his office, leaving Gendo alone.

After Rei left, Gendo sits down by his desk, relaxing for a minute and a half. However, his peace is immediately interrupted as he hears a knock at his door, which he shouts out, “Come in!”, expecting a specific person to come in.

However, instead emerges Maya, who seems to be limping in pain and clutching onto her left arm with her right hand as she walks in. She looks at Gendo and asks him, “Hey Commander Ikari. Is it fine that we talk?”

“Uhhhh are you okay Lieutenant Ibuki?” Gendo replies, concerned over her posture and slightly grimacing face.

“...not really Commander.” Maya replies in a slightly raspy voice. “Can I sit down?”

“Yes Lieutenant. You can sit down.” Gendo calmly replies, which he then stands up and pulls a chair out to her Maya sit down, though she declines his help and sits down without any help.

Gendo then sits down, pushes his chair in, looks at Mayan and asks her, “Now please be honest with me. How did you get hurt?”

“Well...” Maya replies. “...after I got off of work last night, I...ummmm...tripped on some stairs on the way back home.”

“Stairs eh?” Gendo replies back and starts to think for several seconds.

Before he gets the chance to reply, Maya immediately responds in a dry, sarcastic tone, “Oh I know what you're gonna say.”

“Like what?” Gendo questions her, confused by her raising her voice a little.

“Oh I dunno. Something really witty and played to death like...'I WARNED YOU YOU ABOUT STAIRS, MAYA. I TOLD YOU!'.”

“Go fuck yourself Maya.” Gendo laughs back, cracking up over her referencing some online meme.

“Fuck myself?” Maya chuckles back. “That's all I ever do when i'm home!”.

They both then burst out laughing for a while, though Gendo calms down and replies, “No what I was going to say was if that's just you covering your ass.”

“Covering my ass?” Maya questions him, also calmed down from laughing.

“The reason why i'm questioning that explanation is because Unit Zero pilot Rei Ayanami is also suffering from some injuries she received last night. Could it be a possibility that both of you were somehow involved in the same incident or something?”

“Me. Getting in an accident with Rei? Oh come on I didn't see her after work Gendo.” Maya replies, sounding a bit surprised over that accusation.

“Oh I see.' Gendo inquires as he nods his head. “You are aware of what happened to Rei though, right?”

“No what happened to her?” Maya asks him in a somewhat worried tone.

“She 'claims' to have gotten in a fight with some guy and as a result, her face looks...pretty jacked up.” Gendo replies. “Nonetheless, she pretty much, like you, got hurt last night though in dramatically different place.”

“Oh man that's terrible.” Maya grasps in shock. “Poor thing.”

'Yeah I know.” Gendo replies. “I did give her the day off though just so she can recover from her injuries. Just hope she doesn't try to scare her friends though.”

“So...” Maya replies back. “Am I gonna get a day off too?”

“Of course Lieutenant Ibuki.” Gendo responds in a calm tone, which Maya then stands up and starts limping her way out of his office. He then adds, “Go do what you want, just don't trip on anymore stairs okay?”

Maya then turns her head towards Gendo and gives him a wink and a smile that obviously hints there's a little more to the two of them than expected. Gendo then winks and smiles back, watching her leave his office.

After Maya leaves his office, Gendo pulls out his cellphone, opens it up, browses through his contacts and lands on one that's listed as “D1X7”. He calls it and simply waits for whoever it is to respond. However, all he gets is a voice recording straight from The Dark One that says, “Gendo if you're hearing this, i'm not here right now and you really shouldn't try contacting me anyways. Wait for me to call you, don't try to do it the other way around. If someone else got this number, i'm gonna find who you are and fucking kill you!”. The message then ends, which leads to the call ending. Gendo then looks at his cellphone and inquires, “Well at least it was worth a try.”

An hour later, Rei is seen walking through the streets of Tokyo 3. She's now wearing a sweatshirt and has it's hood over her head in an attempt to prevent people seeing her beat up and swollen face, yet she knows that a hood can only do so much to hide her face so she then stops by a nearby dumpster and starts looking through it to find something suitable to mask her face.

“Man, the last thing I imagined I would be doing while living here is looking through a friggin' dumpster just to find something to hide my face from my friends!” Rei complains as she digs through the dumpster. However, she then spots a black duffel bag that, while not looking all too fancy, is in fairly decent condition.

Rei then gets out of the dumpster and sits down on the floor, She zips open the bag and looks inside, which the contents of it surprises her a bit.

“...really?” Rei mutters, sounding somewhat bewildered by what she found in it. However, after several seconds of thinking, she adds, “Eh it's better than nothing.”

Thirty minutes later, Aoba sits in his house with Mari, who are both wondering where Rei could be.

“So how much you'll bet over Rei not showing up today for rehearsals?” Aoba asks Mari, growing both worried and somewhat impatient over the lack of his fellow guitarist.

“Uh how about six pounds?” Mari quickly replies.

Aoba then facepalms and hastily replies, “Dammit Mari, you're supposed to bit in yen, not pounds!”

“Oh bollocks that's right.” Mari apologizes in an embarrassed tone. “I still haven't quite gotten used to Japanese currency, so my bad.”

“Eh it's alright.” Aoba replies. “I guess i'll feel the same way once I decide to travel to America one of these days. I can only imagine how confusing it would be to convert yen to US dollars, let alone convert yen to pounds.”

“Yeah.” Mari responds. “Of all of the bloody damn things the UN decided to leave the same in the post-impact world, it's bloody damn currency, a bunch of friggin' wankers.”

“I take it you didn't read up on the rejected plan to implement one form of currency in European countries, right?” Aoba asks her.

“I'm afraid not.” Mari replies in an honest tone. “Why was it rejected, ol' chap?”

“It sounded like a shit idea.” Aoba replies back. “and if you ever bother to read it, you'll be glad it never came to be.”

“...okay I guess i'll have to read up on it myself after rehearsals.” Mari responds. However, she and Aoba then hear the doorbell ring, which Mari adds, “Speaking of shit...holy shit I think she's here!”

“Hang on, Mari. I'll go and answer it. You'll never know who it could be.” Aoba tells her, which Mari then simply nods back.

Aoba then stands up, walks up to the door and opens it, only to be greeted by what appears to be a young woman wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a mask of wrestling legend Sting.

“You gotta be kidding me?” Aoba groans as he sees the person standing in front of them, whom he immediately assumes to be Rei. “A Sting mask?”

He then takes the hood and mask off of Rei, revealing her hair and her face, which happens to have the Sting make up on.

“I see what you did there, Rei.” Aoba chuckles at her, which she then twsits her lips into a big goofy smile. “Please come in though.”

Rei then walks inside, which Mari then sees Rei, thinks to herself, “Face paint eh? I guess Rei's hiding something underneath it. I don't like what I have in mind but whatever, we all have to commit a few sins sometimes.” and sneaks away to the kitchen.

“So why the face paint, Rei?” Aoba asks her, curious over why she decided to come to rehearsal like that.

“Well...I just felt like doing it, though to be fair I really should've put on corpse paint in hindsight.” Rei replies. “But I guess this works fine, heh.”

“Yeah I can see that but there's something...fishy about the way your face looks.” Aoba replies back. “It seems to be rather lumpy. Just hope you're not allergic to something in HQ or in my house.”

“Me, allergic to something? The family doctor says otherwise.” Rei responds with a slight chuckle in her voice.

“If it's not allergies, then what the hell happened?” Aoba asks her.

Before Rei gets a chance to explain herself, Mari comes back from the kitchen with a cup full of water and blurts out, “Hold on,' we'll see what's Rei's problem.”

“What are you gonna do?” Rei asks her, confused about the tone of her friend's voice.

“See what's with your face behind that facepaint.” she replies and in a split second, flings the water onto Rei's face, which quickly makes the face paint drip away and reveal her bruise ridden face.

“Dammit Mari!” Rei yells at Mari after she splashed water on her face. “That was uncalled for!”

“Oh bloody hell, Rei. What did you do to yourself?” Mari asks her, completely ignoring what her friend said.

“Uhhhhhhh....” Rei quietly groans after she realized that Mari didn't hear her yell at her or just completely ignored it.

“Yeah please explain. You look terrible.” Aoba adds.

“Well damn.” Rei tells herself, not wanting to actually explain anything to her friends since she's.”. However, to her relief, she hears the doorbell ring.

“Oh great, we got more guests here.” Aoba groans. He then looks at Rei and Mari and tells them, “The both of you just stay here while I go answer the door.”

Both girls nod back at him and sit down on the couch as Aoba walks back to his door. He then opens it up and sees Shinji and Mana standing outside, smiling.

“Are Rei and Mari here?” Shinji asks him.

“Of course they are.” Aoba replies. “But before you come, can you explain to me who's your lady friend with you?”

“My name's Mana Kirishima, sir. Nice to meet you.” Mana tells Aoba and extends her right arm towards him to shake his hand.

Aoba shakes her hand and replies, “Nice to meet you too Ms. Kirishima. What brings you to Tokyo 3 and how did you and Shinji meet?”

“Well I just moved here two days ago and yesterday, I met Shinji and his friends so today, we decided to hang out again.” Mana explains to Aoba.

“I see.” Aoba replies. “Well anyways, come in.”

“Hang on a sec.” Mana replies back. “Before we go in, I want to know if my other friend can come in.”

“Another friend?” Aoba asks her. “Who could this person be?”

“A friend I knew before I moved here.” Mana replies in a cheery tone. “I told him online that I was here and he replied back that he lives here, so then I told him to meet me up with me the next day and here we are.”

“Interesting.” Aoba replies back. “Anyways, please please come in. I can't have the cool air keep escaping from the house any longer.”

All three of them nod and walk into the house, which Rei and Mari manage to see them. While Mari seems to be fine, Rei gets a fairly depressed gut feeling when she sees Shinji and Mana walking side to side.

“Aw man. He really is going out with her.” Rei quietly tells herself. “I fucking blew it. Fuck..”

However, Rei then hears Shinji ask her, “Hey Rei. How are you doing?”

“Okay.” Rei replies. “Outside of my face looking like it got punched one time too many by Gomi, i'm doing just okay.”

“That's good.” Shinji calmly replies back. “Sucks to hear about your face though. What happened?”

“Yeah Rei. Tell us what happened.” Mana adds, curious to know why Shinji's blue haired rocker gal pal's face looks off.”

“Okay, okay. Confession time.” Rei replies. “Just don't tell anyone else, okay?”

Everyone else nods back, which Rei then sighs and adds, “Okay. I ran into some guy I met at the airport when I first moved here and decided to spent some time with him. However, he...ummmm...manipulated my hormones and tried to get under my pants, but rather than go along with it, I reacted by spontaneously punching him in the face, except I ended up breaking his friggin' nose.”

“Wow that's quite terrifying, Rei.” Shinji replies, sounding worried about her.

“Glad that you did that, my friend.” Mari adds. “Bloody wanker and his stupid little rape attempt.”

“It was an accident, Mari.” Rei responds in a somewhat stern tone. “Well yeah I wanted him to stop but I didn't want to frigging hurt him...sheesh.”

“Oh.” Mari replies back. “Still, I say it was justified.”

“I guess you have a point.” Rei mutters back, though she sighs in exhaustion and cranks her neck.

“So did that guy beat you up after you broke his nose?” Aoba asks her, still trying to get an answer out of her.

“Absolutely not.” Rei scoffs back. “He didn't do squat to my face. That was...someone else.”

“Oh I see.” Aoba replies.

“Anyways, since I was surprised to see that I broke his nose, I left and tested out to see if it was just a freak occurrence or i'm starting to get some freakish strength. To put it in short, sweet words, I needed to go see Dr. Akagi to have her run tests but it was sooo late, by the time I got back to HQ, the place was shut down for the night.”

“Well that sucks that you did that.” Mari tells her friend. “You should've stayed the night at my place instead of going to bloody HQ at that time of the day.”

“Yeah it was a stupid decision on my part and I completely admit it.” Rei replies. But I wasn't thinking straight so I got inside and decided to stay in overnight, but then I got ambushed by some friggin' jerk that wanted to fight me.”

“Someone broke into HQ?!” Aoba shouts back in shock. “Why the hell didn't you tell Commander Ikari?”

“It's because there's more to it than that, but that stuff I can't even tell you all right now.” Rei replies in a slightly sorrow ridden tone. “But in the end, I got in a fight with this guy, got my face punched one time too many and broke his helmet, but he got away from me before I could finish him so that's why I look like garbage.”

Everyone quietly stares at her, not sure what to say back to her. However, Mana's mysterious friend approaches her and asks her, “Hey can I introduce myself to you...ummmm...your name's Rei...right?”

“Yeah, so who are you, dude?” Rei asks him.

“Well my name's Ryu Hokkaido but that's not why I really wanted to see you nor your long haired friend and that Brit with the glasses.”

“Why's that?” Rei asks him, confused over why this guy she never met knows who she, Aoba and Mari are.

"Mana told me her friend's friends have a band and need a bassist, so I decided to ask her if I can join along and ask them to audition." Ryu asks Rei, Mari and Aoba. "So that's why i'm here."

“Hmmmm...” Aoba ponders. He then looks at him and asks him, “If you can play bass with us, we'll let you join the band without any questions.

Ryu thinks for a few seconds then asks them, “So when should I start?”

“Right now.” Aoba replies back. “Just go into my home studio, pick up the bass and play with us.” He then looks at the girls and tell them, “You two come with us. We're gonna have ourselves a jam session with Mr. Hokkaido, okay?”, which they both nod back and smile.

“Can me and Shinji come and watch you guys play?” Mana asks Aoba in a sweet, soft tone, hoping to convince him to let them watch him, Ryu and the girls play.

“Yeah sure. We'll look at you guys being a live audience in preparation of our live debut in a few weeks.”

“We're starting live shows in a few weeks?” Rei shouts at Aoba, confused over why he's saying this. “We need to start rehearsing our butts off NOW!”

“....oh shit you're right.” Aoba replies. He then grabs Ryu and tells him, “Please show us you're our cure to a bassistless illness, dude. Please?”

“Uhhhh okay mister.” Ryu replies in a slightly nervous tone.

Inside Aoba's home studio, he, Rei and Ryu are standing with their guitars while Mari sits in the drum kit behind them. Shinji and Mana sit on the opposite side of them, waiting for them to stat jamming, which they then start.

While Rei, Mari and Aoba are playing in sync, Ryu has some minor trouble following along, though he's already showing that he's a competent bassist at most. This goes for a good five to ten minutes until Rei calmly shouts out, “Stop.”.

Rei, Mari and Aoba then get away from their respective instrumentals, walk away from Ryu and start to quietly inquire about Ryu's bass skills.

“You think we should keep him?” Mari quietly asks her fellow members of the still unnamed band.

“I think he's okay but he'll probably get better over time.” Rei quietly replies in an optimistic tone.

“Yeah let's keep him around.” Aoba quietly adds. He then speaks up a bit and mutters “Anyways, let's go tell him the good news.”, which the girls then shake their heads.

They then walk back to Ryu, which Aoba then tells him, “Good news Ryu.”

“Yeah?” Ryu calmly replies back, sounding slightly nervous if he will get in the band or not.

“Welcome to the band.” Rei informs him, which Ryu then smiles and shakes their hands.

“Good job Ryu!” Mana cheers him on while Shinji claps. However, her smile twists into a slightly worried and depressed expression, hinting that something...something horrible is brewing behind the scenes and could happen any time now.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Well isn't this quite the 180 in tone from the last one heh. Pretty good breather episode, pretty fun and the bands finally getting together as it seems Shinji and Rei might be drifting apart...

Oh, and the fact that the Darkone has voice mail... LAWLZ

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am

Chapter 40: Destroyer of Senses.

Back inside HQ, Jet Alone Prime watches Shiro fill a suitcase up with his belongings, much to his own bewilderment.

“Yo Shiro. Wha'cha doing, brother?” Jet asks him, hoping to get an explanation of sorts.

“Oh i'm sorry that I didn't inform you soon enough, but me and Kaji are going out of town for a few days.” Shiro explains in a laid back, chilled out tone.

“So you dudes are taking a short vacation or is it a business trip?” Jet adds, still not quite comprehending why his creator is leaving on such a short notice.

“Yeah it's a short vacation, Jet. Why the fuck would me and Kaji go out on a friggin' business trip?” Kaji replies, scoffing at the notion of taking a business trip. “That's something Misato, Ritsuko or the Akagis would do, not me and fucking Shiro.”

“Dude I don't think I would want to do a business trip myself.” Jet Alone replies back.

“Good thinking, Jet.” Shiro responds with a smile on his face. “Anyways, i'll see you in a few days. Don't get in any trouble.”

“I won't, brother.” Jet Alone promises, which Shiro nods back at him and leaves the hanger.

Out on the streets of Japan, Maya is seen walking on the sidewalk, several blocks away from her house. However, she manages to pass by a grossly overweight, homely looking man drinking a flask, who gets a glimpse of her and notices her curvacious buttocks, which makes him want to talk to her.

“Oh boy. What a fine piece of ass.” the man tells himself as imagines having hard sweaty sex with her. He then stands up, pulls his greasy, dirty hair back to make it look as presentable as possible and starts following Maya.

Minding her own business, Maya continues to walk, unaware that someone is following her. However, she hears a nasally voice say, “Hey baby, where are you going?” which makes her stop dead in her tracks. She turns around and sees a fat, dirty looking guy with a soul patch under his lips and is wearing a sweat stained hawaiian shirt and worn out jean shorts. Some drool dribbles out of his grotesquely fat lips and despite his best efforts, his hair still looks ungodly filthy and oily beyond comprehension.

“Uh....hi mister?” Maya nervously asks him, feeling like this guy is the last person she wants to be with.

“Hello baby. Are you feeling lonely?” the ugly fat guy asks her. He then snorts his nostrils, wipes his nose with his right forearm and spits out a loogie, which great gross Maya out.

While she wants to get out of there as quickly as possible, Maya looks at the man and replies “Um yeah.”

“Oh great.” the fat guy yells out in excitement. “So what's your name, honey?”

“Ummmmm....Maya. Maya Ibuki.” she replies in a very hesitant tone, still greatly repulsed by the sight of him.

“Ooooh. Such a fly name for a delightfully beautiful looking woman.” the man remarks, which his crooked, nasty looking teeth are then glimpsed as he talks. “Anyways, name's Shig Ito.”

“Uh nice to mee you Shig.” Maya replies, still not liking the fact that she's talking to this pathetic piece of human flesh.

“Nice to meet you too, Maya.” Shig replies back and twists his mouth into a nasty, toothy grin. “So...are you hungry?”

“Me. Hungry?” Maya asks him, confused why Shig wants to take her out to eat since one quick glance at him is enough to make most lose their appetite. However, rather than being a prick, which could make things go south fast, Maya twists her lips into a sarcastic smile and adds, “...yeah. I could go for something.”

“Oh great.” Shig happily replies and smiles. “I just know the perfect place for us to eat.”

“Oh really?” Maya responds, trying to keep her kindhearted facade up. “Enlighten me Mr. Ito.”

“Just follow me, Maya baby.” Shig tells her in a sly, haphazardly romantic tone that really feels awkward coming out of his mouth.

Maya then smiles, nods at him and begins to follow him to where he's going. However, deep inside, she wants to do nothing but get away from this grotesque excuse of a human being as quickly as possible.

“Well it looks like we need to start rehearsing like crazy before our first live performance.” Mari tells Rei as they are both seen walking down the sidewalk, passing by buildings in the city. “We can't just go into our first performance without some sense of unity.”

“Oh yeah, can't disagree with you there.” Rei replies. However, she notices her friend stopping and having a rather surprised look in her face. She then asks her, “Hey what's the matter?”

“Rei, it's your face.” Mari replies back in a shocked tone, looking quite doe eyed in her shock.

“What. Am I developing gangrene or something?” Rei asks her, wanting to know if her cuts and bruises are getting worse or something.

“Ah heck no, Rei. In fact, it's the complete opposite.” Mari responds, adding a major sense of positivity in her voice. “It's...strange. Back at Aoba's, your faced looked like real bollocks but now it's gotten a bit better in such a short amount of time.”

“Oh.” Rei responds back, feeling a lot better now than when her friend was making it look like things were about to get worse for her. “Well that's a relief.”

“Oh yeah it is. It's the real bees knees if you ask me.” Mari tells her. She then notices that the both of them are close to a hamburger joint, looks at Rei and asks her, “Hey you wanna get something to eat?”

“Alright.” she replies and sees the place that they're next to. “I can go for a double cheeseburger.”

“Me too.” Mari replies back. Both girls then proceed to walk inside the place to fulfill their need to get some grub.

Inside the hamburger joint, which happens to look like a burger hop from 1950s America, Rei and Mari walk up to the cashier, who asks them “What do you girls want?”

“I'll have a real smashing chicken sandwich meal with everything on the sandwich and a 7up.” Mari tells the cashier while smiling.

“Alrighty. Now what about you Ms. Blue Hair?” the casher adds while specifically looking at Rei.

“A plain double cheeseburger meal and can you substitute the soad for a chocolate malt?” Rei asks the cashier while looking as angelic and beautifully unearthly as ever.

“Sure thing, ma'am.” the man replies while he tries to not feel all awestruck by her presence. He then sets his sights back on both girls and adds, “You girls like to have anything else?”

“Nope.” Mari replies back and again smiles at him.

“Same with me.” Rei adds, smiling.

“Alright that'll be a total of one hundred and fifty yen.” the cashier tells the girls, which they then both pull out enough money that combined is able to pay for their meals and hand it over to him. After receiving the payment, he then tells them, “Your number is thirty two.”, which they both nod at him and proceed to walk to a table and sit down by it.

As they wait for their food to be given to them, Rei and Mari look around their surroundings and resume chit chating with each other. However, much to her surprise, Mari manages to catch a glimpse of Lieutenant Ibuki sitting with what appears to be one of the ugliest men she's seen since the movie theater incident. She then turns her head towards and tells her, “Hey, look over there. You won't believe who's out on a date.”.

Rei, taking note of what her friend told her, looks at where Mari looking at and immediately sees Maya and a fat ugly guy sitting together, eating food. She then mutters, “Wow, get a load of that sack of crap. I never expected the Lieutenant to have that kind of taste in men but oh well, more power to her.”

“I dunno 'bout that, ol' chap.” Mari replies as she watches them eat. “I think the Lieutenant isn't even going out with that slob of a person.”

Meanwhile, while Rei and Mari are served their food, Maya watches Shig grotesquely devour his meal in way that wouldn't be out of place in a horror movie. Despite wanting to eat her meal, Maya instead lets it sit down while Shig continues to eat through his food like a beast. However, he stops eating when he notices his “date” is not touching her food.

“Maya baby, what's the matter?” Shig asks her, concerned over her lack of eating.

“I...I think i'm gonna take my meal home and eat it there.” Maya informs him while smiling, though inside she's feeling very dirty just by even looking at his face.

“Oh. So that means you're gonna be going now?” Shig asks her, sounding a bit disappointed by her sudden desire to depart.

“Yeah...though can you give me your address?” Maya asks him in a phony but sensual tone. “I like to come by and visit you when I’m not busy.”

“Oh boy oh boy oh boy.” Shig shouts out in joy. “Hang on a second, baby.”

Maya then sees Shig pull out a pen and a piece of a paper, which he then writes down his address and hands it over to her while he twists his lips into the goofiest yet creepiest smile any person could make and adds, “Here’s my address baby. I’ll be waiting!”

Despite grabbing the piece of paper, Maya turns her attention away from him, catches a glimpse of a waiter and shouts out, “Waiter.”

The waiter then turns around, looks at her and asks, “Wha’cha want, ma’am?”

“Can I have a container for my meal?” Maya adds, sounding far more genuine than when she was talking to Shig. “I like to take it home.”

“Sure thing.” the waiter replies, walks away from the table, grabs a container, walks back and hands it over to her, which Maya then nods back at the waiter, puts her meal into the container, stands up, looks at Shig one last time and tells him, “See you later.”

“Uhhhh….alright.” Shig replies in a somewhat depressed tone, which he then sees Maya leave the burger joint.

Back at their table, Rei and Mari look at each other after seeing Maya leave, with Mari quipping, “See I told you she’s not going out with that slob.”

“I see.” Rei smirks back at her friend in a very dry manner. “I take back everything I said about her.”

“Smart idea” Mari replies, also sounding very dry and sarcastic in her tone.

Out on the road of Tokyo-3, a slightly banged up look blue 1995 Nissan 240SX is seen casually driving on the road. Inside, Kaji is driving it while Shiro chills out on the passenger seat.

“So where are we going?” Shiro asks his old college buddy as he continues to nod his head to some music he’s playing.”

“Tokyo-2.” Kaji quickly replies. “That’s where all the casinos are at, ol’ friend.”

“Fucking Tokyo-2.” Shiro replies back in a joyful tone. “Best place in Japan to get shitfaced and find big titted bitches.”

“Yeah that’s true.” Kaji responds, though he sounds slightly depressed.

“Hey man, what’s wrong?” Shiro asks him, concerned with how his friend is sounding. “Does this pertain to what happened between you and Misato?”

“…..never mind. I’ll probably find a girl in a bar or something.” Kaji replies, trying to not make his friend feel bad for him. “Besides, we’re gonna drink the fucking shit out of the bar, throw up our guts and party like there’s no tomorrow.”

“Now that’s the spirit.” Shiro responds, smiling in a very smug, mugging manner.

“Guess so.” Kaji responds back, trying to feel a lot better about himself and doing his hardest to bury the hard break up he and Misato went through.

Later that night, Shig is seen laying down on his bed, completely naked, drenched in oil and having a raging hard on as he awaits his date’s arrival.

“Alright, Maya back. I Can’t wait to fuck the shit out of your tight, firm ass body.” Shig mutters in a very perverted, disgusting tone. However, much to his shock, someone kicks open his front door and comes in guns blazing, which he manages to roll his blubbery body off of his bed with only a slight throbbing sensation in his left arm.

While the intruder continues to blow the living life out of his apartment room, Shig crawls on the floor, grabs a hold of a baseball bat that was laying by a wall, stands back up and starts swinging at the intruder, which he manages to get a few hits in, but is then smacked by a blunt blow of the intruder’s AK-47 and his stomach is subsequently torn open by a few assault rifle bullets ripping through his skin.

Feeling an abnormal amount of pain rush through his body, Shig falls back against his sliding glass balcony door, which he manages to shatter through it and falls in the glass, cutting up some of his skin. The intruder then sees that Shig is down on the ground, bleeding, tosses his gun aside, walks up to him and easily lifts Shig’s saggy body up, all while the intruder is seen wearing gauntlets that bare a strong resemblance to those The Dark One wears.

The intruder, having a firm hold of Shig, carries him to the edge of the balcony and while Shig cannot see the intruder’s face due to said person wearing a dark red visor and a sleek, black mask that completely obscures the person’s facial features, he looks at the person in complete terror.

“Please, I don’t know what beef you have with me but please…spare me!” Shig begs at the intruder in tears to not kill him.

However, the intruder doesn’t utter a single word and instead chucks him over the edge, sending him flying down the ground, which ends in him crashing into a nearby car. A young woman then screams in horror as she sees a fat, naked, oily and blood drenched man lying on top of a car, motionless.

While the sounds of police cars and ambulances start screeching to life, the intruder looks at the sight it created, turns around, walks back into the apartment, picks it’s assault rifle back and leaves the place, disappearing into the shadows.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 am

Before I work on a new chapter, I need to come out and say something many will agree on me with.

Chapter 39 and 40 both suck. Yes, i'm seriously. the work rate on both greatly suffered due to certain circumstances and i'm not very happy with how they ended up turning out so you're not alone, those who thought they sucked.

With that out of the way, i'm currently hard at work on revising both chapters into one that is better than both combined (since the material seen in both was meant to be one long chapter in the first place) and once the reimagined chapter 39 is up and finished, a new chapter 40 will be added.

This, however, means that the comments on the original chapters 39 and 40 will be rendered null so those who made said post, keep that in consideration :)

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm

(due to the poor quality of those last two chapters, please do not read them and instead continue into this version of chapter 39 after you finish reading chapter 38. this version is much, much better.)

Chapter 39: Our Band Could Be Your Life (The Director's Cut)

“For the love of god, Rei. Please explain why you're all beat up?” Yui questions Rei as they are seen inside Nerv's med bay. Ritsuko, Gendo and Fuyutsuki are both standing alongside Mrs. Ikari and facing the first child, all looking both very worried and angry as they try to grasp a concept of what happened with Rei the night before.

“Well I met up with a guy last night and for the record, it was not the third child.” Rei explains while trying her hardest to lie to her superiors why exactly does her face resemble a frozen cow carcass after being used as a surrogate punching bag by Rocky Balboa.

“Then who did you meet up with last night?” Ritsuko sternly questions her, having a hard time believing what Rei is already saying. “If it wasn't Shinji that you hung out with, then who. One of the boys from school?”

“Negative, Dr. Akagi.” Rei quickly replies, still trying to pull out a fabricated story that can be looked at as being plausible and not completely out of the realm of reality. “I met him in the airport when I first arrived in Tokyo-3 and just by looking at him, he's a little older than me. Probably college age if i'm correct.”

“Rei, I don't think your parents would like to hear that if we were to call them up and tell them.” Yui quips back at her in a mostly serious tone.

“Yeah you're definitely right about that, Ms. Ikari.” Rei responds, shrugging off Yui's half baked threat of calling her parents. “Anyways, this guy asked me if I wanted to go get some frappucinos with him and while I had my hesitations, I decided to tag along.”

“If you really had your doubts towards hanging out with this guy, you shouldn't have betrayed them, Ms. Ayanami.” Fuyutsuki chastises her in a very gruff, strict tone.

“Good point, sir.” Rei calmly replies back, completely agreeing with him. “However, nothing bad happened to me during my time with that guy until we arrived and ordered our frappucinos. It was at that time that Mr. college stud have the sudden urge to use the little boy's room and left me there to get our drinks.”

The adults look at Rei with somewhat disgruntled grimaces and continue to listen to her trying to explain her messed up face. Yui, who's the most concerned of the bunch, twists her stoic expression into one of sorrow and asks, “So if that guy you tagged along with had to use the bathroom, then who possibly could've had the disturbing urge to mess up such a beautiful face like yours?”

“Well that was the first thing I asked myself when I regained conscious after getting hit by my attacker.” Rei replies, which she quickly notices the grown ups are more or less starting to buy into what she's saying.

“So your attacker was at the scene.” Gendo inquires as he tries to picture in his head the events Rei is describing. “Any idea what this son of a bitch looks like?”

“Oh yeah, Commander Ikari.” Rei quickly replies in a very confident tone. “The guy who knocked my lights out was a six foot two, five hundred pound piece of pure unadulterated lard that decided that I was far too attractive for him to handle, as far as I can tell.”

“First Child, are you telling us the honest truth?” Fuyutsuki again questions her, still retaining a dead serious demeanor. “If it turns out you were lying one way or another, there will be some seriously karmic consequences later down the road and if it won't be from it, it will come from somewhere else.”

Gendo then looks at Fuyutsuki with a rather bewildered look and tells him, “Holy crap Kozo, calm down. It's not like she did anything criminal.”

“Gendo, i'm not assuming Rei did anything criminal, i'm just chastising her in case she's lying to us”, Fuyutsuki replies, sounding just as stern to his colleague as he has been to pilot of Evangelion Unit Zero.

“That's still a bit too harsh if you ask me.” Gendo adds, trying to be as rational as possible. “You're treating her like she's on trial. Far more so than the rest of us.”

“Gendo, I remember how you were in school. Constantly landing trips to the police office and the head dean's office and I was always there seeing your face, looking like you were begging to breathe out of a straw.” Fuyutsuki reminds him, recalling the time Gendo was a student at the college Fuyutsuki taught at.

“Yes Kozo, I was a bit of a dumbass back then...and i'm still kinda am, but that's irrelevant to the current matters that is of our concern. Rei is just a kid and as they say...kids will be kids. There's nothing changing that. In fact, I was just a kid when I was getting my ass in trouble”

“Uh Gendo, you were twenty six when you pulling that shit.” Fuyutsuki criticizes Gendo, calling him out on something that he seemed to have gotten fuzzy in his recollections.

“Oh.” Gendo quickly replies back in a rather dopey sounding tone, quickly noting that Fuyutsuki indeed refreshed his memory a little better. “Still, my point stands. You can't just be so harsh on her on something that i'm very confident that she's telling the truth and not fibbing.”

Fuyutsuki looks back at Gendo with a very frustrated grimace, seeing that this argument is going nowhere and groans, “Whatever Gendo.”

Most frustrated than Fuyutsuki and even the other adults is Rei, who sees that her pseudo interrogation has been derailed by a somewhat petty spat between Gendo and Fuyutsuki. Wanting things to get back on track so she can go home and do other things, Rei butts in between the bickering men and mutters, “Hey, what happened to asking me about what I went through last night?”

Both men look back at the First Child and while Fuyutsuki says nothing, Gendo looks at her with a rather remorseful expression and tells her, “Um Ms. Ayanami, since you've proven your innocence and you look like you're in no real condition to work, i'm giving you the rest of the day off to recover from the injuries you received. Just take it easy though.”

“...yeah. Considering how south of the border this went, I personally agree with my husband that you should just go home and relax the rest of the day, Ms. Ayanami.” Yui adds, also wishing for the bickering to end.

Rei then looks at Ritsuko, who's sipping on a cup of coffee, then looks at Fuyutsuki, who's still looking very agitated and annoyed by his surroundings, then finally looks at the Ikaris, who's no longer looking as mad and worried as they were earlier. She then tells her superiors, “Alright, I guess i'll be going home now. Thanks for giving me the day off and trust me, i'm not a liar.”

“We already know, Rei. Just go home.” Ritsuko replies to Rei in a very unenthusiastic, bored tone and takes another sip of her coffee.

Rei looks at all of her superiors for one last time, smiles at them, tells them, “See you all later.” and proceeds to skip out of the med bay.

With Rei gone, Ritsuko informs the others, “Alright I gotta run some tests on the Evangelions. Be back in a few hours.”, takes yet another sip of her coffee and casually walks out of the med bed as well.

Gendo, who's starting to appear looking a little nervous, tells his wife and Fuyutsuki, “Ummm I gotta go to my office and check to see if Seele's been trying to contact me or something.” and suddenly takes a run for it, leaving Yui and Fuyutsuki alone in med bad.

“Uh Gendo. Sweetie?” Yui confusingly tries to call her husband to see if he comes back but immediately realizes that he has indeed left like a bad habit to stop by his office. She looks at Fuyutsuki, who's still greatly agitated by what just happened and asks him, “Wanna get some breakfast for old time's sake?”

“Sorry Yui. I don't eat breakfast. Thanks for the offer though.” Fuyutsuki calmly replies, rejecting her offer to get some food and ends up leaving the med bay too, though with no explanation what so ever.

“Welp. I guess no one wants to have breakfast with me.” Yui mutters to herself in a rather glum tone, though she then pulls out her cellphone, opens it, searches through her contacts and adds, “I'll call Shinji and ask him if he wants to have breakfast. Maybe he can bring along that Mana girl he's been telling me about with him so I can meet her.”

After leaving the med bay, Gendo is seen running through Nerv HQ, thinking, “Man why I do have to get in arguments with ol' Fuyutsuki. Friggin' hate doing that.”

He continues to keep running through HQ, trying to reach his office until he's suddenly stopped by Hyuga, who asks him, “Hey Commander. Have you seen Lieutenant Ibuki anywhere?”

“No sir. I haven't seen the Lieutenant today.” Gendo replies as he tries to catch his breath from all the running he did.

“Oh okay. Maybe she's just late again.” Hyuga replies back, not surprised that Maya is late again. However, he also adds, “By the way, did you forget that we're testing some potential new bridge officers tomorrow?”

“Oh yes I didn't forget about tomorrow.” Gendo responds in a very positive tone. “We can use some extra hands on the bridge during the missions.”

“Most definitely.” Hyuga nods back, agreeing with his superior. “However, if we do get some new bridge officers on board, I wonder if we'll still need the Lieutenant around, let alone keep her position.”

At first, Gendo simply nods back but he starts to think over what Hyuga said, then snaps back at him, “As annoying and frequent as Ms. Ibuki's tardiness feels, she's a very valuable member so there's no chance at her losing a job here at Nerv.”

Disappointed, Hyuga simply nods back at his superior and casually walks away without any desire to keep the conversation going. This quickly lets Gendo finish catching his breath and resumes making a mad dash to his office.

A minute and a half later, Gendo finally reaches his office, leans by the door to catch his breath again, opens the door and enters his own darkened office. Despite the room being draped in rich shadows, he sees what appears to be a woman applying disinfectant and bandages on some wounds on her body, mainly on her right arm and some small cuts on her face. When Gendo gets a bit closer to her, she quickly turns her head towards him and shouts in a shocked tone, “Commander Ikari, I was wondering where you were.”

Gendo realizes that the woman in his office is Lieutenant Maya Ibuki and happens to not be wearing her bridge officer jacket, revealing her surprisingly perky, jiggly and slightly bigger than average breasts, which she has a white bra on over them. “Lieutenant Ibuki, are you okay. Were you involved in Ms. Ayanami's altercation last night?”

“Rei's hurt too?” Maya asks the Commanderr in a surprised yet worried tone, which strongly implies she was no where near where Rei was the night before according to her faux account of a fight at a cafe. “I'm so sorry to hear about that.”

“Yeah she got messed up pretty badly.” Gendo replies in a sorrowful tone. “I like to get my hands on this fat piece of shit she said was responsible for attacking her and make him feel sorry for doing that to such a nice young lady.”

“I would too if I had a chance encounter with him just to set an example on how not to treat a woman.” Maya adds in a very aggressive tone, expressing some frustration in her voice. “However, I did not run into the First Child last night, though I wish I did so I could've helped take her home so she wouldn't have gotten into trouble like she did.”

“That's very kind of you, Ms. Ibuki.” Gendo nods back, appreciating her kindness towards the First Child. “However, can you please explain why you're hurt too?”

“I was gonna explain why before you informed me of what happen to Rei but regardless, I visited a friend of mine last night and when I was leaving her apartment complex, I tripped on the staircase back to the street and hurt myself pretty badly.”

“I see.” Gendo replies, seeing the wounds Maya has. “I guess you took a hell a spill when that happened and I certainly know how it feels to trip on stairs. The end results are...quite unpleasant.”

“When did you fall down some stairs, Commander?” Maya asks him, curious to get a slice of his own personal experiences.

“A few years ago.” Gendo embarrassingly replies, blushing a little. “When we were constructing the EVA cages, I...well...slipped and took a hell of a spill down some stairs. Couldn't resume working on the construction until a good month or so of recovery time due to a bum left arm and right knee.”

“That had to been a rather agonizing month, Commander Ikari.” Maya replies back, which she then starts to put her bridge officer shirt back on and adds, “Anyways, is it feasible if I can take the rest of the day off?”

“Well I did give the First the rest of the day off, so I see no harm in letting you take the rest of the day off too.” Gendo calmly replies, which Maya then gets off of a chair, stands up, starts heading towards the door and opens it. However, right before she leaves, he looks back and her and adds, “However, we're gonna need you back tomorrow so you can help evaluate some potential new bridge officers recruitees that we're gonna have over. These ladies, from what i've read from their applications, are really gonna look up to you as a senior member and the person that will help them be integral members of the team. Do you think you'll be up to that ask or will I have to give those duties to Shingeru or Makoto, Lieutenant Ibuki?”

After hearing what her superior said, Maya stands still for a few seconds, looks back at Gendo with a marginally sinister look in her face, replies, “Yes, Commander. I'm capable of doing that.” then leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

With Maya gone, Gendo pulls the chair out of his desk, sits down on it and mutters, “I guess that's a bit of a relief. Hope she keeps her word and shows up tomorrow.”. He then pulls out his cellphone, opens it up, scrolls through his contracts and lands onto one that simply is referred to as “Him.”. He calls the number and waits for the person to pick up. However, he instead gets an automated female voice that tells him, “The person you're trying to reach is not available. Call again later or leave a message after the beep.”, which he jokingly inquires, “Well I guess he's not by the phone at the moment. He'll probably call me later though.”, then closes his cellphone and puts it aside.

“So, where did you meet my son, Ms. Kirishima?” Yui asks Mana as they and Shinji sit by a table in a rather nice looking restaurant, all eating rather fancy looking breakfast plates.

“I met your son on my first day of school here.” Mana calmly replies in a slightly cutesy way. “I also met two of his friends but I don't quite remember their names that well.”

“Mana, you also met my good friends Rei Ayanami and Mari Makinami, though Mari was a bit...blunt towards you at school.” Shinji replies, then lightly chuckles as he recalls Mari's intense paranoia towards Mana the other day. “Anyhow, the three of us, plus another girl whom you haven't met yet, are the pilots of the Evangelions and we're trying our best to protect this city...and the world for that matter, from the angels.”

“Wow that's so cool, Shinji.” Mana replies back in a rather excited manner. “I'm friends with heroes!”

“Yeah my son and his colleagues are the protectors of the world, Ms. Kirishima.” Yui responds to Mana. “In fact, Ms. Soryu was the one that saved you yesterday.”

“Oh. That's very nice of her.” Mana responds, still sounding unusually cheery over everything. “I wonder why I wasn't introduced to her yet, Shinji.”

“She wasn't at school yesterday.” Shinji replies to her. “If she was, you would've met her without a doubt.”

“Okay.” Man nods back, sounding slightly disappointed that she has yet to meet Asuka. However, she then turns her attention towards Mrs. Ikari and tells her, “That reminds me. I have a friend who lives her and plays bass guitar. His name is Musashi and he's heard there's a band in the city that's in need of a bassist. He likes to know where he can meet the band and set up an audition to see if he can join them.”

“Ms. Kirishima, that's Ms. Ayanami and Ms. Makinami's band.” Yui replies to Mana. “However, I highly advise him to visit Mr. Aoba and set up an audition with him. In fact, let me give you his address so your friend can visit him.”. She then pulls out a pen and piece of paper, writes Aoba's address on the paper and hands it to Mana and adds, “Here you go. You might want to accompany your friend if he plans to go there anytime soon.”

“Okay Mrs. Ikari.” Mana calmly replies back, still sounding unnaturally cheery and upbeat over everything. She then stands up, looks at both Shinji and Yui, curtsies and adds, “I gotta do some things now but i'll meet up with you again later, Shinji. Also, nice to meet you, Mrs. Ikari.”

“Nice to meet you too, Ms. Kirishima.” Yui responds to Mana and finishes up her breakfast plate while Mana leaves the restaurant.

Shinji then sees Mana is gone, looks at his mother and asks her, “So, what do you think of her?”

“Well she's nice and all, my son.” Yui replies while wiping her face with a napkin. “However, I like Rei better. What happened between the two of you?”

“Mom. You thought me and Rei were dating?” Shinji responds to his mother in a surprised tone. “We're just friends, mother. In fact, i'm not dating anyone at the moment.”

Yui then sits quietly for a few seconds, reflects on what her son told her, then replies with a smile, “Well that means I have nothing to worry about now.” She then stands up, grabs her plate and adds, “Alright Shinji, I gotta go back to HQ and look over some things with your father.”

“Okay mom.” Shinji replies back and watches his mother leave the restaurant all while he continues to eat his breakfast.

Outside of the restaurant, Yui gets into her car to drive back to HQ. However, before she gets the chance to start her car up, she hears her cellphone ringing, remarks, “Oh who could that be?”, pulls it out, opens it and answers it, which she asks the caller, “Hello, this is Yui Ikari. Who is this i'm speaking to?”

To her surprise, she hears the voice of Shiro Tokita reply, “Hi Ms. Ikari. How are you doing?”

“Hi Mr. Tokita.” Yui responds to her caller. “What are calling to ask me?”

“Ma'am, me and my friend Kaji have made plans to take a trip for a few days so i'm wondering if we can have some time off to do so?”

“Well...since it looks like we won't be busy in a few days, I personally say you two can go off your merry ways. However, you're gonna have to ask my husband for permission to get those days off.” Yui tells Shiro, sounding very sincere in her response.

“Oh shit.” Shiro sneers back, slightly disappointed by Yui's response. “I guess me and Kaji will have to pay the Commander a visit to get our time off.”

“That's for the best, Mr. Tokita.” Yu replies back, still sounding rather sincere. “Good luck.”

“Thanks Ms. Ikari.” Shiro responds to Ms. Ikari, though he immediately notices that she has hung up on her, which leads to him remarking, “Well that was no help.”

“I guess we'll play Mr. Ikari a visit to get our time off.” Kaji quips back, looking less annoyed than his friend. “It wouldn't be the first time I would have to ask him a favor.”

“Oh boy.” Shiro replies, then adds, “Well at least I can tell Jet where i'm gonna be for a few days.”

“Good idea.” Kaji responds to his friend. “Don't want him to be in the dark when we're gone.”

“Man, the last thing I imagined I would be doing while living here is looking through a friggin' dumpster just to find something to hide my face from my friends!” Rei, who's now wearing a black sweatshirt and has it's hood over her head, complains as she digs through the dumpster inside an alleyway in the city. “I mean, the hell kind of a beef Darth fucking Vapor has towards me?”.

However, while she continues to dig through the trash, a little girl sees her and asks, “Ma'am, why are you digging through garbage Isn't it dirty and icky?”, which immediately breaks Rei's attention from her aimless treasure hunt.

“What do you want, kid?” Rei snaps back to her, all while not turning her head towards who's talking to her.

“Nothing. Just wondering why you're looking through garbage, that's all.” the girl replies. “However, can you help me find someone for me?”

“Oh. Who could that be?” Rei replies back, starting to get a little interested in helping her.

“Well...from what my big brother told me, she has some really pale skin, blue hair, red eyes and is a pilot of something that is called an Evangelion.” the girl explains to Rei, which she immediately notices that she's describing her to a tee.

“Um kid, that's me.” Rei quickly replies and turns her head towards the girl far enough where her bruised face is not quite viewable and is obscured by her hood but she can at least she who's talking to her. “Now who could you be?”

“My name's Sakura, Ms. Ayanami. You're friend with my brother Toji and he told me you're the one who saved my life on New Year's Day.” the girl explains to Rei while looking very sincere and earnest. “I just got out of the hospital today and wanted to meet the person who saved me life.”

Rei remains quiet at first, but decides to completely turn around and face Sakura, despite her face being draped in faint darkness due to her hood and replies, “Nice to meet you, Sakura. Name's Rei Ayanami. Any idea where your big brother is?”

“Toji's ordering some food for us in a restaurant and I didn't want to just sit down and wait so I asked him if I could do something else in the meantime so that's why i'm here.” Sakura replies to Rei in a cheery tone. “I don't think he'll mind if you stopped by the restaurant and said hi.”

“Thanks Sakura but I got a lot of...stuff to take care of, so I can't stick around for too long.” Rei replies back in a rather stern but caring tone.”Nice meeting you, though.”

“Nice to meet you too, Rei.” Sakura responds to Rei, still sounding really cheery.

Right before Rei gets the chance to leave, she hears a familiar voice shouting, “Sakura, where are you?”

“Right here, big brother!” Sakura shouts back while slightly giggling a little. As she and Rei stand in the alley, they see Toji walk into the alley, holding a plastic bag full of chinese food in his left hand, who immediately spots his sister.

“Sakura, I got the food so we gotta go home now.” Toji tells his sister, though he quickly sees the person standing next to her, which he adds, “Uh who are you talking to?”

“A friend of yours, silly.” Sakura giggles back while still keeping her upbeat nature. “Her name's Rei. Does it ring a bell to you?”

“Rei, what are doing here?” Toji asks her, curious to know why she's in the area. “and why are you wearing a hood? It hasn't rained in weeks.”

“I was just passing by the neighborhood to make my way to Aoba's house to do some jamming.”, Rei replies to Toji, still keeping her damaged face slightly obscured.

“I see.” Toji replies back, though he's still a bit confused about Rei trying her hardest to hide her face. “So what's wrong with your face?”

“Well...it's kinda a long story but to put things briefly, I was hanging out with a guy I met months ago when some douchebag thought I was too cute for words and tried to reprimand that for his own bizarre satisfaction.”, Rei replies, still keeping up her bold face fib about why her face is all black and blue today.

“Do you remember what he looks like?” Toji asks her as his face turns into a light shade of red, fuming over that he just learned someone beat up Rei for no good reason.

“His looks are getting a little fuzzy in my memory now.” Rei responds, trying to not get Toji to get too wound up in her blatant lies.

“If you do remember, come to me and tell me because I want to go beat the living snot out of this son of a gun.” Toji sneers out, looking rather angry as he slams his left fist into his right palm.

“Yeah okay.” Rei replies back, looking slightly embarrassed. “Anyway I really gotta go so i'll see you at school tomorrow.”

“Same here.” Toji responds to her as he starts to calm down a little “Me and Sakura can't just stand around here all day and let this food get cold. Anyways, see you at school tomorrow too.”

“Bye Rei. Nice meeting you.” Sakura chuckles, waves at Rei and starts following her big brother as he starts to leave. Rei nods and waves and starts to walk the other direction to continue her trek to Aoba's home.

“So let me get this straight, Kaji.” Gendo tells him as they both sit inside his office, with Gendo sitting by his desk and Kaji standing in front of it. “You and Shiro are gonna be gone for a few days so you two can just have some fun?”

“In a nutshell, pretty much.” Kaji replies to the Commander. “To be fair, it wasn't actually my idea to do this. It was all Shiro's idea.”

“Huh. And lemme guess...since you and Mr. Tokita go back a few years, you decided to go ahead and tag along with him for old time's sake?” Gendo inquires while he sits and thinks for a few seconds. He then shifts his eyes back towards Kaji and adds, “So where is Mr. Tokita?”

"Yo Shiro. Wha'cha doing, brother?" Jet Alone Prime asks him as he sees him stumble his way into the hanger.

“Hey I just wanted to come by and tell you that me and Kaji will be out of town for a few days.” Shiro replies as he makes his way to a corner full of dressers while holding a briefcase.

"So you dudes are taking a short vacation or is it a business trip?" Jet replies back, growing increasingly interested into why his creator is deciding to go on a trip.

“Yeah it's a shot vacation and most certainly not a business trip.” Shiro responds as he throws some casual street clothes into his briefcase. “Not that doing a business trip would be a bad thing, it's just not really my forte.”

“Dude, i'm not sure if I could be capable of doing a business trip.” Jet quips to Shiro as he continues to watch him pack his briefcase.

“That's because I didn't program you with the ability to do business trips, silly.” Shiro laughs at hearing what his own creation said. “Anyhow, see you in a few days. Make me proud if you end up in another angel fight before then.”

“Sure thing, jack.” Jet Alone replies, which Shiro then nods back and quickly runs out of the hanger to catch up with Kaji.

“I see.” Gendo inquires after getting an explanation on Shiro's whereabouts. “I suspect that if he's gonna pop by, it won't be taking him too long to get here.”

Right after Gendo utters that, he and Kaji hear the door open and see Shiro stumble into the office, panting and holding onto a briefcase.

“Sorry for being a bit late.” Shiro pants out as sweat drips from his forehead. “I just wanted to tell Jet that i'll be gone for a few days so he wouldn't wonder why I won't be around during said days.”

“...right.” Gendo nods back after he listens to Shiro explaining his absence. “Anyhow, now that I got the both of you in my presence, can I have the mastermind behind this little plan give me a good reason why I should let the two of you go on a little trip while your fellow Nerv employees stay here and wait for the next angel to arrive so we can sacrifice our blood, sweat and tears to spring into action and get it eradicated from this world?”

Both Kaji and Shiro stand quietly for a few seconds, completely incapable of coming up with a response. However, Gendo cuts through the tension and adds, “Nah i'm just kidding. There's enough people employed here to fill in the void left by you two's absences, so of course you gentlemen can prance off from here and indulge into whatever nonsense you plan to dive into on your trip.”

Both men then sigh in relief after hearing Gendo say that, possibly confirming that they can go on their trip as planned. Shiro then looks at Gendo again and asks, “So that means we can take our trip?”

“Of course, gentlemen.” Gendo smiles as he continues to sit down by his desk. “Go ahead and go on your trip.”

Kaji and Shiro then bow at the Commander, utter in unison, “Thanks boss.” and proceed to leave his office.

After seeing Shiro and Kaji leave his office, Gendo leans back on his chair, exhales and cranks his neck. He then leans back towards the table, grabs a folder laying on it and opens it up, revealing several papers detailing the profiles of four women, presumably the Nerv bridge applicants that will be showing up tomorrow to be evaluated for potential employment. Gendo then sighs and mutters, “Well at least these ladies could be a good remedy for when we're lacking extra hands around the place.”

Some time later, Aoba is seen sitting in his house with Mari, who are both wondering about Rei's current whereabouts.

"So how much you'll bet over Rei not showing up today for rehearsals?" Aoba asks Mari, growing both worried and somewhat impatient over the lack of his fellow guitarist.

"Uh how about six pounds?" Mari quickly replies.

Aoba then face palms and hastily replies, "Dammit Mari, you're supposed to bit in yen, not pounds!"
"Oh bollocks that's right." Mari apologizes in an embarrassed tone. "I still haven't quite gotten used to Japanese currency, so my bad."

"Eh it's alright." Aoba replies. "I guess i'll feel the same way once I decide to travel to America one of these days. I can only imagine how confusing it would be to convert yen to US dollars, let alone convert yen to pounds."

"Yeah." Mari responds. “Still, you could say that's a part of life we should all be thankful was kept the same in the post-impact world.”

“I agree,” Aoba nods back. “When you think about it, not a whole damn lot has changed since the second impact. A lot of folks were afraid that the water would be ruined and that certain countries would be trapped in an eternal summer but ultimately, that was all baseless paranoia. The oceans are still blue, we still have winter in Japan despite the Commander and his wife preferring us inhabitants of Tokyo-3 to live in a friggin' bubble that keeps things like it's goddamn August and overall, everything just seems to be the same as ever.”

“So what exactly did the second impact do to the world that had some actual negative side effects?” Mari asks Aoba, curious to get some info out of him since she was too young to remember much about the second impact when it actually happened.

“Lots of dirty politics were revealed to the general public.” Aoba replies to Mari in a smarmy tone. “Bunch of power hungry maniacs who thought they could keep their skeletons and scum operations hidden were taken down a few notches thanks to all of the heavy crap that came out of second impact and the world's been better off without 'em.”

“Too bad not all of them were eradicated.” Mari sighs since she knows first hand that corruption has not totally died out in the post-impact world.

“Oh don't worry Mari.” Aoba chimes back with a smile. “Those bastards are like dinosaurs in today's environment. They'll eventually die out sooner or later.”

“True, but that doesn't take away the ugly fact that we'll still have to put up with their rubbish in the meantime.” Mari sneers back in an annoyed tone.

Right before either of them could get the chance to take the next step in the conversation, both Mari and Aoba hear the doorbell ring.

They both look at each other with surprised stares and remain quiet for a few seconds until Mari breaks the tension and mutters, “Hey. I think she's here. Should I go answer the door?”

"I'll go answer it. You'll never know who it could be." Aoba quips back, stands up and makes his way to his front door.

Like he said to Mari, Aoba doesn't assume who could be at the door and looks through the eye hole to make sure it's someone he recognizes. However, he sees a pale teenage girl wearing a hooded sweatshirt outside and despite some reservations, opens it and to his surprise, realizes that the hooded girl is in fact Rei and happens to be hiding her face inside the sweatshirt's hood.

“Rei, i'm glad to see you finally made it but...is something wrong?” Aoba asks her as she sulks her way into his home.

As she's making her way to the living room, Rei grumbles, “Nothing Aoba. Is Mari here?”

“Yeah i'm here, silly.” Mari quips out in a snarky tone. However, her attitude quickly fades after she notices that her friend has quite an attitude right now and adds, “Hey are you okay?”

“I'm fine.” Rei mumbles back to Mari as she walks into the kitchen and takes out a can of Dr. Pepper and starts chugging it. “Just tell me when we can get started. I'm ready when the both of you are.”

Frustrated by Rei's snippy attitude, Mari gets up, stomps her way into the kitchen and yells back, “I don't want to be playing with you if you keep this bloody awful attitude up, mate. I know something's up with you and would really appreciate it if you just calm down and explain to me why you're acting like such a wanker.”

“No thanks Mari. I don't feel like giving you a headline story on why i'm acting like a prick right now.” Rei sneers back as she keeps chugging on her soda.

Finally getting fed up with her friend's snotty actions, Mari grabs Rei's hood and pulls it down, only to suddenly see a good hint of Rei's bruise cut and gash laden face. She backs off in shock and mutters, “Oh god Rei. What in the bloody hell happened to you?”

“I got in an altercation last night. It's not a big deal though.” Rei mutters in a deadly serious deadpan tone.

Aoba then notices the bickering between the two girls and enters the kitchen as well, only to have his jaw drop on shock when he sees Rei's mangled face. “Holy shit Rei. What the hell happened, man?”

Right as Rei's anger rises and before she could also tell Aoba off, all three of them hear the doorbell ring, which prompts Mari to stammer out, “I'll answer it this time.”.

She then quickly makes her way to the front door, opens it and is greeted by Shinji, Mana and a tan boy she has never met before.

“Hi Mari.” Shinji happily mutters out. “Is Rei here?”

“Yeah. Sort of.” Mari sarcastically replies, then turns her head back towards Aoba and asks him, “We got more guests. Can they come in?”

“Sure.” Aoba mutters as he leaves the kitchen since he and Mari's plan to try to get a reaction out of Rei has backfired. Rei then quickly puts her hood back on since she hears that more people are here.

“Hey Mana. I'm sorry about the other day.” Mari tells her as she, Shinji and the tan boy walk through Aoba's house.

“Oh don't worry about it. I can understand why you acted like that.” Mana replies in her usually cheery tone.

“Ah I guess that's some closure on that.” Mari replies back as she stretches her limbs, though she's still very concerned about Rei's well being, especially since Shinji and Mana are here too.

“So where's Rei?” Shinji asks her since he doesn't seem to see her around in the house.

“She's in the kitchen, but be careful. She's in a foul mood right now.” Mari warns Shinji since she doesn't want to see him given an ear full.

“Uh thanks.” Shinji replies, sounding a little confused by what she said. He then makes his way into the kitchen, sees Rei standing by the fridge, drinking another can of Dr. Pepper and mutters, “Hi Rei.”

“Hi Shinji. Is Mana here with you?” Rei quietly replies in a slightly monotonous tone, then takes another sip of soda.

“Yeah. Actually, she has a friend that's aware you guys needed a bassist and likes to join your band, so we all decided to come over so he can have an audition.” Shinji replies back, trying his best to keep things upbeat in his voice, though he senses a really bad vibe emitting from Rei.

“I see. He's gonna have to ask Aoba if he join our band. He's the one who makes those decisions, not me.” Rei mutters back, still sounding unusually monotonous.

“Okay.” Shinji nods back in response. However, he finally realizes that Rei hasn't even bothered to turn around and look at him face to face, which he then adds in a worried tone, “Rei, is there something wrong?”

“Shinji..” Rei mutters back, then sighs since she really doesn't want to yell at him. She then thinks to herself, “Dammit Shinji. Can't believe you're over here, let alone accompanied by friggin' Mana.”.

No longer being able to keep up a lie to her closest friends, Rei sets her can of soda down on the counter, takes her hood off, quickly turns around, plants her hands on Shinji's shoulders and cries out, “Shinji, do you see my face. Do you see how I look?”

“Rei, your face. I can't believe someone did this to you?” Shinji stammers back in complete shock after seeing Rei's messed up face looking right at him.

Tears then start running down Rei's face as she explains herself in a very sorrowful tone, which all prompts Mari, Mana, Aoba and the tan boy to approach the kitchen and eavesdrop on the both of them. “I've been lying to your parents and the others about what happened to me last night. I told them some jerkass beat me up for no reason last night but it's the furthest thing from the truth. What really happened is that I spent some time with a guy I met at the airport when I first moved here and accidentally broke his nose when things got a little too uncomfortable between us.”

“Was he the one who did this to you?” Shinji asks her in a very serious, concerned tone.

“No. Not at all.” Rei cries back, still feeling really bad about lying to her superiors earlier in the day. “When I broke his nose, I got the hell out of there and decided to go to HQ so I can ask Dr. Akagi about something that was bugging me...then...then...”

“Then what?” Shinji again asks her, really invested in getting the full gory details.

“This...this dude in some really stupid high tech armor showed up. I swear...this guy has been stalking me here and there and...and I really was fed up with his crap so I tried to fight him off. It..well...kinda went alright since I broke his helmet, but...but he did a real number to my face. I was so friggin' stupid to do that.” Rei confesses as she continues to cry.

She then buries her head onto Shinji's right shoulder and cries out, “I'm so sorry. Please tell Mari and Aoba that i'm sorry but please, tell them to not even tell the truth to your parents, Dr. Akagi, that weirdo Lieutenant Ibuki and anyone else.”

Shinji then pats Rei's back and brushes her hair, trying his best to calm her down and replies, “Okay Rei. I promise. I don't like seeing you like this.”

Feeling a lot more relaxed, Rei lifts her head, looks right back into Shinji's eyes, sees a real glow in him she hasn't seen before, twists her lips into an angelic smile not even a bruised and cut up face could damper, wraps her arms around the back of Shinji's neck and leans her head closer towards his face.

Shinji then wraps his arms around Rei's waist, smiles back and start to slow lean his lips towards Rei's as if they're about to embrace each other in unadulterated, honest passion.

However, they both manage to catch a glimpse of the others and quickly back off from each other, embarrassed.

While Aoba looks completely puzzled by what happened and Mana surprisingly looks like she's totally oblivious of what happened, Mari tries her hardest to not burst into laughter, aware that even though Shinji is hanging out with Mana and seems to be starting a relationship with her, his heart and affection truly belongs to her friend Rei.

The tan boy simply stands still, showing no real concern towards the events unfolding in front of his eyes.

“Mana. Please don't be mad at me. I'm just really worried about Rei, that's all.” Shinji stammers at her, trying his hardest to avert a massive emotional meltdown that could commence any second now.

“Shinji. I'm not mad at you. In fact..i'm very happy you helped calm her down.” Mana replies, not sounding even remotely affected by what went down.

“Oh. Thanks.” Shinji replies back, confused by how Mana is taking things after what happened between him and Rei.

Right before anyone else could say anything, the tan boy steps out of Shinji and Mana's shadows and asks, “Pardon me, but I was told certain individuals here have a band and are looking for a bassist. Can one of you tell me if I can audition for that position?”

“Yes dude. Just...just meet me in my home studio and we'll get things started.” Aoba tells him, though since he doesn't know this boy's name, he then asks, “By the way, what's your name, man?”

“Musashi. Musashi Lee Strasberg.” the boy replies in a very formal tone. “So you must be the band leader.”

“Yeah. Name's Shigeru Aoba and i'm also one of two guitarists of the band. Ms. Blue Hair over there is Rei Ayanami and she's the other guitarist as well as lead vocals. Last but not least is our drummer Mari Makinami. She's the one with the glasses.” Aoba tells Musashi, pointing at the other band members as he mentions them.

Musashi nods at the girls, then looks back at Aoba and mutters, “Thanks for the quick introductions but can we please get on with my audition? I gotta get back home in an hour.”

“When you put it that way, bro, yeah.” Aoba replies back. He then looks at Rei and Mari and tells them, “Girls. Let's not waste anymore time. Off to the home studio, pronto.”, which they simply nod their heads back at him.

He then also adds, “Shinji and...uhhh...what's your name again, ma'am?”

“Mana. Mana Kirishima.” Mana chirps back in her seemingly endless happy tone.

“Okay. Once again, Shinji and...Mana, if you like to watch us, feel free to come along too.” Aoba replies back, sounding a bit impatient since Musashi needs to get his audition over with so he can go back home.

Both Shinji and Mana then nod back and the entire group then follow Aoba into his home studio.

Inside Aoba's home studio, he, Rei and Musashi are standing with their guitars in hand while Mari sits in the drum kit behind them cracking her knuckles and cranking her neck. Shinji and Mana are seen sit on the opposite side of them, patiently waiting for them to stat jamming.

“Are you ready, dude?” Rei calmly asks Musashi as he takes a few deep breaths, nervously waiting for the others to start.

“Yeah Rei. Ready when you and the others are.” Musashi replies back, looking a little pale in his tan complexion.

Rei then looks at her fellow bandmates, which they nod back at her. She then looks back at Musashi, lifts her right hand up towards him, gives him thumbs up and nods in approval.

Musashi then nods back and Mari starts hitting her drumsticks together three times while shouting “One two three!”, which prompts them all to start playing, starting off at a sort of AC/DC like rock groove.

While Rei, Mari and Aoba are playing in sync, Musashi initially has some minor trouble following along.

After a minute of jamming though, he starts showing off that he's a competent bassist at most. The others then speed up their pace, jumping into a style rather reminiscent of Judas Priest and New Wave of British Heavy Metal, which Musashi manages to smoothly transition into the style jump.

After playing this style for a good thirty seconds, the main trio then abruptly switch in an imitation Bay Area Thrash style that throws Musashi off for a few seconds, but ends up getting back in sync with the others.

However, no more than a mere fifteen minutes later, Rei shouts out, “Grind it all out now!”, which she and her bandmates then shift into an extremely noisy and violent deathgrind style that Musashi has some difficulty switching to but eventually gets into it.

Right as the band calms things down, they shift gears into a style that's echoes of late seventies/earlier eighties Post-Punk that lasts for several seconds, then immediately switches back to the Grindcore style, giving Musashi tonal whiplash that only lasts for a few seconds, then manages to get back into the groove but before he even realizes it, Aoba shouts, “Stop.”, which he and the other two core members stop playing, followed by Shinji and Mana applauding at their combined effort.

Rei, Mari and Aoba then look at each other, put their respective instruments down and huddle up to each other, which they then quietly discuss their opinions of Musashi's skills and synchronicity.

Then they nod at each other, turn back around and look at Musashi.

He looks at them with a nervous smile and asks, “So. How did I do?”

The core trio think for a few seconds, which worries Musashi a little. However, Aoba then looks at him and asks, “Do you think you'll be able to perform live on stage in a few weeks?”

“Yeah. Does that mean i'm in?” Musashi asks the others since he's not sure if that's a total confirmation of him becoming their bassist.

Rei then lifts her right arm, gives Musashi thumbs up and nods at him in approval, signaling that he's now the band's bassist.

He then thrusts his left arm and shouts, “Yes!” which also prompts Mana and Shinji to applaud him for getting accepted into the band.

“Good job Musashi. I knew you could do it.” Mana cheerfully tells him as she, Shinji and Musashi's now fellow bandmates clap their hands.

Rei however sighs in relief and tells herself, “At least we finally got a proper line up now.”

Near the outskirts of Tokyo-3, a slightly banged up look blue 1995 Nissan 240SX is seen parked on the road.

Inside, Kaji and Shiro are seen getting inside the car. They both sit down on their respective seats and put their seat belts on.

"So where are we going?" Kaji asks his old college buddy as he stretches his arms and waits for him to start the car

"Tokyo-2." Shiro quickly replies. "That's where all the casinos are at, ol' friend."

"Heh. Tokyo-2. Good place to get lost and...meet people." Kaji responds, though he starts to sound slightly depressed as he recalls some rather important aspects of his life that happened there.

"Hey man, what's wrong?" Shiro asks him, concerned with how his friend is sounding. "Does this pertain to what happened between you and Misato?"

"…..never mind. I'll probably find a girl in a bar or something." Kaji replies, trying to not make his friend feel bad for him. "Besides, we're gonna drink the shit out of the bar, throw up our guts and party like there's no tomorrow."

"Now that's the spirit." Shiro responds, smiling in a very smug, mugging manner as he puts the key into the car's ignition and revs it to life.

"Guess so." Kaji responds back, trying to feel a lot better about himself and doing his hardest to bury the hard break up he and Misato went through.

The car then backs up and proceeds to drive away, making it's way outside the city limits en route to Tokyo-2.

Later that night, a figure wearing a welder's helmet is seen sitting by a table inside a darkened apartment with some tools in hand.

On said table is The Dark One's damaged helmet, which the figure then puts it's hands on it and starts doing some repairs on it, as well as repairs of other parts of The Dark One's armor that was damaged in his fight with Rei the night before.

Minutes pass as the mysterious person keeps repairing each piece of the armor that suffered damaged in the altercation, right until it stops, sets its tools aside and removes the welding helmet off of it's head.

Another few minutes pass by and The Dark One emerges out of the building's rooftop, standing outside at the dead of night. The evening wind makes his cape float ominously as The Dark One quietly stands still, observing his surroundings and seeing if the repairs were done in a satisfactory way. Seeing that everything seems to be working fine, The Dark One turns around, walks back into the building and disappears into the shadows.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Ayanami: Vengeance [Director's Cut of Chapter 39 Online!

•      
  •      

Postby Elect G-Max » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:Its an alternate universe fanfic with an emphasis on this premise:

What if Rei Ayanami was not a clone of Yui Ikari & was the main protagonist of the series, rather than Shinji Ikari?

What part of that is "alternate"?
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:38 am

Chapter 40: The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still

“Oh my god, Satsuki. I can't believe we're all doing this together.” a young woman with short brown hair blurted out as she stood inside a moving bus.

“Oh yeah Kaede. Can't believe it either.” another woman chimed in. She happened to have long dirty blonde hair that was a bit curly.

Kaede then turned her head towards a third girl who was sitting down and reading a magazine. This gal in question was wearing glasses and had dark violent hair that's longer than Kaede's but significantly shorter than Satsuki's.

“You too Aoi? I am so in heaven right now.” Kaede squealed out in excitement as she saw that some of her friends are along with her in the bus.

“Kaede. Did you forget we're getting job interviews at Nerv today?” Aoi snapped back at her in a snippy tone. “We're gonna be working for the company that keeps sucking the life out of our city's finances.”

“Oh don't be so stiff Aoi.” Satsuki replied in an optimistic tone. “Remember...it's Nerv or nothing in Tokyo-3.”

“Ugh. If I didn't owe state and federal five hundred dollars each in travel expenses, then I would be trying to get a job with the JSSDF.” Aoi sneered back, sounding relatively disgusted with herself over her own personal financial crisis.

The other two girls simply stared at Aoi, befuddled by her off the cuff rant for several seconds. Kaede then broke the awkward tension and muttered, “Still you gotta admit it's fantastical we're all in this together today.”, which Aoi shrugged in annoyance, since it seemed like what she said went through one ear and out the other and resumed reading.

As the bus arrived at Nerv HQ, the bus driver shouted out, “Those who need to get out here, please stand up and exit the bus.”, which prompted Satsuki and Kaede to head towards the bus exit. Aoi stopped reading, stood up and followed the other. Right behind her though is a pink haired woman with bigger than normal lips, who seemed to not be a part of their group in spite of being a like minded individual with a similar goal.

The four women then stood in front of Nerv HQ, with Kaede and Satsuki standing real close to each other, Aoi leaning against a wall right in front of them and the pink haired woman quietly standing on the opposite wall apart from the rest of the women. They then saw the automated doors open, which Yui Ikari then emerged and asked them, “So you must be our applicants?”

While Kaede, Satsuki and the pink haired woman nodded their head in approval, Aoi shrugged in annoyance. This prompted Yui to add. “Okay. Come in. You all can't just stand out here and expect to get an internship without doing anything.”. She then turned around and started walking back into HQ, which the four women then proceeded to follow her inside. With no one standing outside, the doors then firmly closed back up.

“Lieutenant Ibuki. You're here earlier than usual.” Aoba muttered as he sat on a table in the mess hall and saw Maya passing by.

“Well. You could say I actually made it on time for once.” Maya replied back as she sat down next to him, holding a steaming hot cup of coffee with her right hand.

Aoba then noticed she was holding the cup by having her hand wrapped around it as opposed to holding it by the handle and asked her, “Hey. Doesn't that cup of coffee seems like it's awfully hot?”

“Nah it's fine. Just waiting for it to cool down.” Maya calmly replied back, sounding relatively optimistic and ignorant of Aoba's observation.

“I know you have a rare body temperature condition with that hand and all but do you think you're doing more harm than good to that hand holding that cup like that when it's that hot?” Aoba added, concerned that Maya might be burning her hand despite her condition.

Maya then looked at Aoba with an annoyed glare, sat her cup of coffee down and replied, “Happy now?”. Aoba then quietly shrugged back, stood up and left the mess hall, which prompted Maya to pick the cup of coffee back up with her right hand. She then heard some voices coming from down the hall, saw steam cautiously drifting out of the liquid, then looked at her own hand and quietly groaned, “Oh fuck”, which she subsequently put the mug back down, grabbed it by the handle and lifted it up for a third time.

Right as she held the cup back towards her face, she found herself confronted by Yui Ikari and a group of woman accompanying her. She looked up and asked Yui, “Who are they?”

“Oh hi Lieutenant Ibuki, these are some potential recruits to the command bridge. I'm just giving them a brief tour of the place before I take them to the Commander to begin the recruitment exercises.” Yui explained, grinning as she tried her hardest to remain as professional as possible. She then stood there quietly, which puzzled Maya a little until she quickly coughed out “Introduce yourself.”

“Oh...sorry about that.” Maya apologized as she sat her coffee down for the last time and stood up to introduce herself to the others. “Ladies, I am Lieutenant Maya Ibuki and if any of you manage to successfully join our ranks here at Nerv, I will be considered a senior member of the command bridge alongside my colleagues Shigeru Aoba and Makoto Hyuga, whom you will both meet in due time.”

Yui smiled in satisfaction over Maya's very professional introduction, whispered into her ears, “Very good.” and walked back to stand with the potential recruits. She then asked them, “May you ladies return the favor and introduce yourselves to the Lieutenant?”, which they all nod back at her.

Without hesitation, Kaede approached Maya and told her, “Kaede Agano. I hail from Okinawa and just recently graduated from Okinawa Shogaku High.”. She then saluted Maya and stood back in unison with the others, smiling.

Being next in line, Satsuki followed what Kaede did and approached the Lieutenant. She then informed her, “Satsuki Ooi of Nishiwaga, Iwate. Before I made this decision to sign up working for here, I was in the process of getting a degree at Akita University but figured joining Nerv would help me gain a positive reputation in the work force.”

Again, Maya quietly nodded at the recruitee with a smile and watched her get back in line. With only two more recruitees left to introduce themselves, Aoi nervously stood there, scratching the back of her neck and having no real desire to introduce herself. However, she caught a glimpse of Yui growing irate over her wasting time, quickly approached May and spewed out, “Aoi Mogami of Hiroshima. While I did do some studies at Nagoka University of Technology, I actually traveled overseas to the United States and studied at Harvard University to diversify my education until I was unable to further afford staying in America and was forced to return to Japan, hence why i'm here today, hopeful that I join Nerv and be able to pay off said fees.”

After hearing Aoi's back story, her eyes widened in curiosity and she asked her, “Ms. Mogami, what were you looking into doing for a living if everything went as planned?”

“Robotics engineering, Ms. Ibuki.” Aoi quietly nodded back. “I hate to gush over my idols but i've been wanting to follow in Naomi Mifune's footsteps. She's a real legend to aspiring robotics engineers like me.”

“She...she sure is, Ms. Mogami.” Maya hesitantly replied, having a slight tell tale paleness in her face. “She's...pretty much a legend. No doubt about it.”

Aoi then noticed that Maya's face grew pale as they talked about Naomi to the point she looked rather sickly, which caused her to ask, “Lieutenant Ibuki, are you feeling well?”

“I'm okay Ms. Mogami. Just got a little light headed.” Maya quickly replied back. “Now...uh...who are...um...you, big lips?”

Right before the pink haired woman got a chance to introduce herself, Yui looked at Lieutenant Ibuki with a concerned expression and ordered, “Lieutenant Ibuki, go ahead and rest. I'll take it from here.”. Without any complaints, Maya then heeded her advice and walked out the room, much to the pink haired woman's disappointment.

Yui then looked back at the recruitees and informed them, “Move along, everyone. I think it's time for you all to meet the Commander.”

All the girls then nodded at Yui and followed her lead. They all then stopped by Gendo's office and stood as Yui approached the office door and knocked on it.

“Honey, are you in there. I got the recruitees waiting to meet you.” Yui told her husband as she stood outside his office. She then waited for him to respond but for a good thirty seconds, he never bothered to even make a peep, much to Yui's annoyance. She then shouted back to him, “Did you hear me Gendo or are you just ignoring me?”

Finally, much to her relief, Gendo shouted back, “Alright alright, i'm coming out. Just hold your horses for pete's sake.”. Before leaving, Gendo opened an ice chest, pulled out a bottle of Pepsi, drank a little bit of it and sat it aside. He then stood up, left his office and found himself facing his wife and several young women he has never met before. He then looked at his wife and asked her, “So these must be our potential new bridge crew members. Could you kindly introduce them to me?”

“Sure thing, honey.” Yui replied back with a warm smile. “Well first off, the one with blonde hair. That's Satsuki Ooi. She decided to halt her studies at Akita University to attempt working here.”

“Interesting.” Gendo inquired in a slightly disinterested tone, which kinda disappointed Satsuki in his notable lack of enthusiasm. He then focused his attention towards Kaede and asked her, “Now who's could you be?”

“Kaede. Kaede Agano!” She cheerfully chirped back, which gave Gendo some slight pause. “You know...like that British movie guy James Bond.”

“You're a secret agent?” Gendo asked her in a surprised tone, hoping that she might not suddenly arrest him on the spot.

“No silly. I just wanted to say my name like that. You know, introduce myself with a little flair.” Kaede giggled in response. “I so can't wait to see if I can quality working for Nerv.”

“I see.” Gendo replied back, slightly weirded out by Kaede's overt enthusiasm. He then once again looked at his wife and asked, “So we know who those two are. Now please introduce me to the one with glasses.”

“Commander Ikari.” Aoi sternly snapped back at him in a rather offended tone. “I am Aoi Mogami and I do not take stupid comments like that lightly.”

“Oooh. I kinda like you already.” Gendo lightly chucked. “I do have to ask though. What are your credentials, Ms. Mogami?”

“As I told a Lieutenant Ibuki, I was studying robotics in America but I had to come back here due to financial problems, so i'm hoping to pick back up from where I left off once I have replenished all of my lost funds through paychecks i'll get working here.” Aoi replied, still sounding a lot more serious than the others.

“Ms. Mogami. If you manage to make the cut and prove yourself to be a very worthy asset, we at Nerv will gladly help provide you a first class ticket back to the school you were studying at overseas.” Gendo happily replied back in an optimistic tone.

“Thank you Commander Ikari. You won't be disappointed by what I have to offer.” Aoi calmly thanks him and bows.

Gendo then looked at the pink haired woman, who has yet to have even introduce herself to anyone and asked, “That just leaves you, candy darling. Who are you and what's your story?”

“Oh you don't need to be so charming, Commander Ikari.” the pink girl laughed back, looking a little embarrassed. “Anyhow, I am glad you're given me a chance to finally introduce me to you all.”

Everyone around her applauded, anxious to her own explanation of why she wants to work at Nerv.

“Alright. My name is Midori Kitakami and I hail from the countryside in the outskirts of Tokyo-2. I came from a relatively poor family who worked their asses off raising me and my brothers and sisters the best they could. In spite of that, I managed to have quite the success by being a model for video game conventions but don't think i'm of average IQ. I was able to enroll in one of the top colleges in Japan and have quite the credentials that helps give me on the spot employment. I don't know if I will offer much here at Nerv but i'll try the hardest to be a competent enough bridge office at the very least.” Midori explained to everyone, surprising them all by her speech as much as her unusually big lips and obviously dyed hair color.

“Very nice to hear that, Ms. Kitakami.” Yui replied. She then looked back at her husband and asked him, “Now that you know all of the ladies her, what's the next move?”

“Well. Let's show them where exactly they might be working at if they're employed here.” Gendo replied to his wife.

Yui then looked at the recruitees and told them, “You heard the Commander. Follow his lead.”, which the women then nodded their heads and proceeded to follow him and Yui.

“Dammit Rei. Why won't you pick up your friggin' phone?” Mari complained as she stood outside her friend's apartment, decked out in her school uniform. “The only thing that's worse than this is that Kaji isn't in town to help me out. What a lot of tosh.”

As Mari continued to stand outside, Rei was seen sleeping in her bed on the right side of her body, totally oblivious that her friend is desperately trying to wake her up. She then flipped her body onto her bed back first and moves her head around. However, as her face rubbed up against a pillow, she quickly woke up and touched her face. She realized that it felt significantly less lumpy than yesterday. Despite this revelation, she then heard her cellphone ringing, which she picked it up, saw Mari's number and answered it.

“Mari. It's not a school day. What gives?” Rei questioned her in a snippy tone as she scratched her head and got out of bed.

“Rei, don't act like i'm not happy that i'm up this early on a non-school day, sunshine.” Mari replied, sounding a little out of breath. “I got a call from Ms. Ikari that there might be an angel heading towards here, so we need to be at HQ just in case.”

“Well, it's been a while since the last angel fight, so if you say so, just tell me where you are and i'll be out the door.” Rei nodded, then took her pajamas off to put on some street clothes.

“I'm standing outside, silly.” Mari sarcastically groaned. “I've been trying to wake your stiff arse up for the past fifteen minutes so we get to HQ ASAP.”

“No wonder why I could hear such urgency in your voice in my half-asleep, half-awake haze when I picked the phone up.” Rei chimed back, now wearing clothes suitable in public. “Just hang on a little bit longer. I'll be out really soon.”

“Just don't take your sweet time. We can't afford to be fiddling about here all day.” Mari sternly told her friend, totally impatient on waiting for her friend now. However, she saw that Rei hung up her cellphone, which she hoped that her friend will be out of that door pretty soon.

A mere minute later, Rei emerged out of her apartment, ready to go to HQ. She looked at Mari and asked, “I guess we go now, right?”

“Most definitely, though I have to admit your face sure looks a hell of a lot better than it did yesterday.” Mari replied, finally looking a lot less agitated.

“Yeah. I'm just as surprised as you are.” Rei responded to her friend. “It's almost like I have exceedingly quick healing but maybe i'm just lucky the punishment I took wasn't as severe as I thought it was going to be.”

“Me too.” Mari nodded back in a happy tone. “However, we can't waste anymore time now, so let's get going.”

“I'll follow your lead.” Rei replied back and saw her friend dart down the stairs with little concern. She then followed her friend and took off running as well.

“So Commander Ikari. Why do you call the robots Evangelions?” Kaede asked him as they and the others followed the Commander as he showed them the machines they'll help monitor if they get the job. “I mean, why not call them something awesome and marketable?”

“What do you propose calling them, Ms. Agano?” Gendo replied in a bothered tone. “Please, be my guest and speak your mind in front of us all. Don't be afraid, we'll all pretty close knit here at Nerv.”

“Well...I was thinking that we should call them Jaegers. Why? Because Jaeger sounds more mysterious and more cool. Not to mention really smooth as ice on the tongue.”

“Seriously?” Gendo snapped back at her, confused and annoyed.”You want us to put 70-proof on the EVAs and replace LCL with alcohol?”

“That's not what I had in mind at all, Commander Ikari.” Kaede quietly replied back, disappointed. “I just think we should name the Evangelions something cooler. Also, why do we have to call those monsters angels? Why don't we, I dunno, call them kaiju?”

“Gazuntite, Ms. Agano. If it's too cold down here, I can have someone turn the temperature up.” Gendo calmly responded, even going as far as to pull a napkin out.

“Commander Ikari, I didn't sneeze. I said kaiju. You know, it's what they call giant monsters of those Godzilla and Gamera moves. I figure that it would really make the...ahem...angels more easily referable to in religious communities and marketing campaigns.” Kaede responded, desperately trying to convince the Commander as much as she could.

“Ms. Agano, I know you're trying to help and god bless your heart, kid but we're a military organization, not some real life super sentai team. Just because we have teenagers piloting the EVAs doesn't mean we need to make ourselves more hip to just about anyone. So for the record, EVAs will still be EVAs and angels will still be angels. We're not changing a single thing. Sorry.” Gendo slammed back at her in a deadly serious tone.

Severely disappointed, Kaede sunk her head in and got back in line with the others, whom aside from Midori, looked at her with angry glares.

However, The Dark One stood hidden in a darkened corner, spying on them with malicious intent.

A half hour later, Rei and Mari arrived at HQ and stood outside the entrance. Right before they decided to go inside, they both heard a voice shout, “Oh look. It's wonder girl and favored four eyes. What a surprise.”, which they both turned around and saw Asuka standing behind them.

“Asuka. Looks like you were given the word about the impending angel attack too.” Rei shrugged. “So where's Shinji. I figure he would be here too.”

“I'm right here, Rei.” Shinji calmly spoke out and stepped out from being behind Asuka. “Misato's not though, so we had to take a cab to get here.”

“I see.” Mari added as she took off her glasses and cleaned some dirt and dust off of them. “I guess she got to HQ before the two of you woke up.”

“Of course, Captain Obvious.” Asuka shouted out in bitter annoyance. “And i've been standing out here for fifteen friggin' minutes because me and baka Shinji left our goddamn ID cards at home. Do you by any chance have yours on you?”

“Yeah, sunshine. Hang on.” Mari dryly replied as she walked up to the entrance and swiped her ID card into the card reader. She then saw the main entrance doors slowly open, which she sarcastically snapped back at Asuka and told her, “See. It pays to keep your ID card on you. Never leave home without it.”

However, much to the surprise of the others, the door suddenly stopped right before it left a big enough gap for them to squeeze in, which prompted Rei to tell her friend, “Oh crap. Looks like we got a problem.”

“What is it. Aren't the doors opening up?” Mari replied to her friend in a puzzled tone. Thankfully, she subsequently turned around and saw the doors, which prompted her to groan out, “Oh bollocks.”

“So as you all know. We at Nerv all require newcomers and potential newcomers to watch a training video to get to know how we do things around here.” Fuyutsuki explained to the women as he was escorting them to the video room, sounding incredibly bored out of his mind. However, he noticed that the light in the room suddenly went out.

“Fuyutsuki. What happened to the light. Was it as bored as you?” Satsuki asked him, sounding a little snippy and blunt.

“Hell if I know Ms. Ooi, but I think we should all stick together and head back to the bridge.” Fuyutsuki replied back, sounding very serious yet slightly less bored than before, only to suddenly take off running, hoping the women would follow him.

Much to his shock though, only Midori managed to courageously follow him back though the darkness, which Fuyutsuki then subsequently asked her, “Ms. Kitakami, where's the others?”

“No clue. Seems like even Aoi Mogami didn't bother to follow us.” Midori replied back, sounding just as surprised as he is.

“So much for Lieutenant Ibuki thinking she was the smart one.” Fuyutsuki disappointingly sighed as he and Midori stood in the bridge, awaiting for anyone else to show up.

“Damn it. Why did you two not follow him?!” Aoi angrily yelled at her friends, who decided to not follow Fuyutsuki and Midori back to the bridge.

“Aoi, girl. It's too damn dark to follow them. I'm scared as hell.” Satsuki stuttered, trembling in fear.

“Yeah it's dark. Real dark. Probably be better for the Commander or someone to help us out.” Kaede added, sounding less frightened than Satsuki but still a bit distressed with the current situation.

As the girls continued to talk to each other, two glowing red lights illuminated in the darkness, obviously a tell tale sign that The Dark One is with them. He quietly snuck towards them and right before they could even notice him, he swiftly attacked them all, knocking all three of them out, as well as breaking Aoi's glasses with ease.

Standing over their unconscious bodies, The Dark One slammed his right hand against the wall, which made a hidden door open up and he started to drag the women into where the hidden door leads to, in spite of not being able to get a hold of Midori in addition to the three friends that showed up to get a job at Nerv.

After The Dark One dragged Aoi, Satsuki and Kaede into the hidden area, the door immediately closed, becoming hidden again to the naked eye.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Holly crap it lives!

Well, that was an interesting introduction and finally to 3 new gals heh.

Also Jaegers? *Facepalm* Heh

Return to “Fanfiction”