FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby gorgeousshutin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:By the way, here's a rec: Of Steel, possibly the best example of one of the most underrated pairings in the fandom. Despite being written by Adam Kadmon, it has no angst so far... though the last chapter is still work-in-progress.

I know there seems to be some anti-Adam Kadmon sentiments on this forum, but I honestly think that Wax Wings (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7129474/1/Wax-Wings) can rank as one of the top Eva shorts out there, angst or no angst.
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 am

I'm glad to announce that I was able to update both the German and English versions of "Children of the Prophecy".

Here's the German one. Mostly a flashback chapter.
Highlights from it include, roughly translated: "Yui, don't get me wrong, you know you and your husband are good friends of mine, and I do like you, but you're also very scary people. You two shouldn't have procreated together, I'm not sure if this planet will survive the combination of your genes!" There's also plenty of adorable Mini-Kaworu in it.

Also, Gendo is positive that they're expecting a girl. His paternal instincts tell him so.

And here's the English one, sadly without any Kaworu in it, but hey, this means we're one step closer to his debut!

Enjoy!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 am

I had a fic idea today.

Sometime during the Action Arc, Misato notices that Asuka is giving herself regular shots of something; the girl refuses to tell what it is, so Misato assumes she's doing drugs and puts a stop to it... but not before giving Kaji a sample.

What Kaji finds out is that the shots' contents are a heavy-duty hormone mixture. That, coupled with Asuka's admission that she has no idea what she's taking but is doing it anyway on Ritsuko's orders sets off warning bells in Misato's head. Cue the revelation from Ritsuko: NERV had Asuka undergo an oophorectomy shortly after her recruitment into the Eva program to remove any inconvenience of an unwanted pregnancy as she grows up and starts to get interested in boys. Thing is, they didn't tell the girl about this and are dosing her with hormones to simulate the effects of puberty on her to avoid anyone noticing something's off and asking questions.

I know she outright states in the show that she doesn't want to have kids but is she really telling the truth? Not to mention that to Asuka, being sterilized without consent or knowledge might come off as the ultimate violation of her very self as a woman.

Also, this procedure is known to significantly increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and sees an overall decrease in life expectancy... but as far as Gendo is concerned, Asuka was never meant to survive Third Impact, much less reach adulthood. Unlike Rei or Shinji, Asuka is disposable so the long-term effects are irrelevant. This kind of reasoning isn't evil, it's pragmatic.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Well, that would make the final scene of EoE even darker.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:59 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Well, that would make the final scene of EoE even darker.

If she didn't know about it it probably wouldn't stick when she came back. OTOH if she did know it and considered herself "defective" as a result . . . :cringe:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 pm

She'd be finding out about it around the same time as Misato. That is, some nine years after the operation she thought was a simple medical examination.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:This kind of reasoning isn't evil, it's pragmatic.

Uh, no, it's very much evil. By the way, i'm not sure if Gendo would do such a thing, i can see it going either way frankly.

By the way, why would Asuka being sterile make the final scene in EoE darker?
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:16 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Uh, no, it's very much evil. By the way, i'm not sure if Gendo would do such a thing, i can see it going either way frankly.

By the way, why would Asuka being sterile make the final scene in EoE darker?

It's only bad if you assume she has to reproduce for some reason. Basically, it's darker for Adam and Eve sorts.

Regarding the idea itself: meh. That sort of thing's been done as well as it can be done, and I'm of the mind that we don't need more of it. Come up with something to do with her that doesn't rely on her reproductive bits, eh?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Well, it just popped into my head one minute. No need to take it seriously.

Besides, didn't canon have enough darkness already? Must we write even more?

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:46 am

Dude...that "rough draft" or whatever you'd call it made me a little queasy. :cringe:

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Uh, no, it's very much evil.

I might be alone with this type of reasoning but there's a difference between being evil and being brutally pragmatic. Gendo is neither insane nor doing it for the lulz. Therefore, he's not evil.

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Dude...that "rough draft" or whatever you'd call it made me a little queasy. :cringe:

This is what happens when you randomly ask me to write what's on my mind. :shrug:

Let's just say Anno is not the only person in the world who is (or rather, was) struggling with depression. Comes quite handy while writing, let me tell you.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Gendo is neither insane nor doing it for the lulz. Therefore, he's not evil.

The legal and psychiatric system begs to disagree with you. Being insane prevents one from being evil.
Anyway, if doing some 'for the lulz' is the only thing you classify as evil, that is very interesting and will make you very much a target for many people's hatred.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:The legal and psychiatric system begs to disagree with you. Being insane prevents one from being evil.

However, both systems are biased by morality. Morality is a completely arbitrary concept invented in the last few millenia to justify various acts; allowing it to cloud your judgment prevents you from observing the world with complete objectivity.

Anyway, if doing some 'for the lulz' is the only thing you classify as evil, that is very interesting and will make you very much a target for many people's hatred.

That's not the only one, of course. But good and evil are relative qualities: good is equally evil... from evil's perspective.

I'm not saying either way of thinking is better; there's no unbiased way to tell whether that's true or not. They're simply... different. Let's leave it at that.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Another Nietzsche wannabe. Why am I not surprised?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Tell me, then. How exactly are you going to keep your sanity in fanficville if you're being harassed with grimdark from half the writer corps and in Eva's case, even from canon? And yes, I dare say that without reading stuff like Aeon Natum Engel as that is far more than I can handle.

What I say here and what I say in real life are separate things. The whole point of writing is to write what YOU want to write, not what others want to read. Let's take this discussion here as an example: I wrote above what I think and feel but I can't go into details and explain the context (namely that why I feel that way) because I'd come across as a self-important narcissistic ass who wants others to feel sorry for him. This is why I don't whine but instead write what I feel into my fics - and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who had done that before.

And now, back to topic. If Shinji were to take up creative writing as a hobby, what would he write? Would he even let anyone read it?

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm

He would write Arthurian Romance. And he would let only Fuyutsuki, Rei, and Maya read it.
I will not respond to the two prior paragraphs, as they make no sense to me.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

And Shinji would write homoerotic boys' adventure novels, because he's too afraid of women to try and depict them.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:I will not respond to the two prior paragraphs, as they make no sense to me.

View Original PostAtropos wrote:I honestly have no idea what you're saying.

Which just proves the very statement you two are referring to. Anyway, this isn't a therapy session so just ignore my ramblings.

And Shinji would write homoerotic boys' adventure novels, because he's too afraid of women to try and depict them.

Again with the yaoi. Why do people assume that just because Shinji is not manly, he has to be gay?

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Which just proves the very statement you two are referring to.

So you're using the Chewbacca Defense? 'If Evangelion is depressing, you must acquit!'

Again with the yaoi. Why do people assume that just because Shinji is not manly, he has to be gay?

Not at all what I was saying. It's that he doesn't understand women, so he doesn't include them, which makes the 'Lord of the Flies'-esque proceedings come across as homoerotic.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:So you're using the Chewbacca Defense? 'If Evangelion is depressing, you must acquit!'

The trope you're looking for isn't Chewbacca Defense, it's Digging Yourself Deeper. In a nutshell, I tend to say things that either make me look like a total idiot (this very discussion) or ends up as accidental flamebait (this).

ANYWAY. This is getting wildly off-topic so let's keep this shit off the thread before a mod decides to break it up.

Not at all what I was saying. It's that he doesn't understand women, so he doesn't include them, which makes the 'Lord of the Flies'-esque proceedings come across as homoerotic.

Ah, I get it now. My mistake.

Or maybe he'd write an idealized view of women, admitting that it's fake but still looks good.

...maybe not. Too idealistic?

Return to “Fanfiction”