FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Hehe, well, you might as well upload what you've got, because you never know when a fire is going to wipe out your apartment complex and take 90k/4 months worth of thorough revisions along with it.
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Oh, man. That sounds awful. :( Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad you're okay. Hang in there.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I usually backup my fics using Dropbox, just in case.

MrMallard
Embryo

Postby MrMallard » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 am

I have a request.

Who here's good at writing Shinji's mindframe? A good knowledge of his brain chemistry is required here. You also have to be fairly open-minded...

What would a deconstruction of the Gender Bender genre be like? The protagonist would have to deal with an enormous influx of new emotions and hormones, and the loss and gain of bodily functions would really screw with a character's mind. So who would be the perfect person to put through the treatment? Shinji, of course!

Just think: Shinji Ikari is the almost-perfect audience surrogate. A skilled writer could successfully deconstruct the Gender Bender genre, causing the audience to actually wonder and worry about the actual effects on them... then comes Shinji's first period. It would be the ultimate Mind Screw.

But even like that, the story would be an enormous tearjerker and heartwarmer. If you think you have the writing chops, please give this a go.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 pm

The one thing about that is...Asuka would seem like a white Chris Brown if she were to receive a sex-change too.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

View Original PostMrMallard wrote:What would a deconstruction of the Gender Bender genre be like? The protagonist would have to deal with an enormous influx of new emotions and hormones, and the loss and gain of bodily functions would really screw with a character's mind. So who would be the perfect person to put through the treatment? Shinji, of course!

Just think: Shinji Ikari is the almost-perfect audience surrogate. A skilled writer could successfully deconstruct the Gender Bender genre, causing the audience to actually wonder and worry about the actual effects on them... then comes Shinji's first period. It would be the ultimate Mind Screw.

But even like that, the story would be an enormous tearjerker and heartwarmer. If you think you have the writing chops, please give this a go.

Nah, Touji would be the perfect audience surrogate. Shinji is already too feminine.

Is Shinji and Asuka switched sex, they'd be screwing in days. Asuka would have an excuse to take the initiative, and Shinji would have an excuse to take it (Japanese gender norms suck for women).

Sure, they get together in a few days, Misato finds them, and breaks it up. Misato becomes a role-model for Shinjoko, while Asuka deals with his own frustration by picking fights at school.

\o/
The Weaver - Shinji and a Mad Spider God.
The Foregone Conclusion - Two years into a seemingly endless Angel War.
Wake Up, Ikari! - Wake. The Fuck. UP.
Branching Paths - Specifically 1B, 3B, 6A. Shinji goes crazy and kills a bunch of chinstrap geese.
Beneath, Shinji deals with a ten-year timeskip.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:05 am

@Rommel: Is it just certain parts of PP edited over all, certain scenes? Its been forever since I read the story. Am curious to how its been changed. :think:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

MrMallard
Embryo

Postby MrMallard » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 am

Shinji might already be feminine, but the effect would still be pretty surprising for him.

And what I mean by "perfect audience surrogate" is that he himself represents the characteristics of a fair few fans of the show. I for one became attached to the series proper after realising how shinji-like I had been previously, and I'm sure I'm not exacly alone in that department. If the character you can see the most of yourself in suddenly grows a vagina, where would that leave you? Would his thought proceses mirror your own during a similar situation?

That's why an experienced Shinji-writer would be required for this project: it would be the ULTIMATE MINDSCREW. Never thought about the effects of suddenly becoming a girl? Welcome to a week of near-sleepless nights and confusing dreams!

Also, I don't see the necessity of Asuka being gender-bent. The main focus I can see with the story would be Shinji's journey through the process. No dual-angst leading to ubersex and babies ever after (though still, LOL @ Shinji-mum). It all leads up to that mind rape leading to an individual's doubting of their own sexual identity. The one crack in a person's psyche caused by this fic - it would be a beautiful thing to see.

EDIT: I appear to be disturbingly evil in this post, mainly clarifying the idea that the story would be a serious attempt to mine rape it's audience. But I don't just want to see disgusted confusion; no, that would be wrong. When a person finally breaks down their facade and looks into themselves, with the possibility of finding a whole new person, I find it beautiful. Almost like someone giving themselves another chance. While the sheer WTFery they experience is itself an amazing sight, the sincere confusion that leads to a person's re-evaluation is in itself beautiful. I just wanted to clear that up: while the concept is for lulz, I also see it as a chance for people to go through a warped "Instrumentality" of their own, finding out what they want, who they are and where they fit in. That is what I find most beautiful.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:59 am

Reversing both Shinji and Asuka's genders leads to comedy, reversing one leads to drama as the unchanged party has to face their sublimated feelings.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Rommel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:@Rommel: Is it just certain parts of PP edited over all, certain scenes? Its been forever since I read the story. Am curious to how its been changed. :think:

I suppose it depends on when was the last time you read it. Most of the edits are small, no added scenes like in 6 Days. Nothing that changes the story overall.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Okay. I've read it like maybe a few years ago. But that was the whole story, along with the extra period.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 am

View Original Postarkiel wrote:He he. Welp, you might as well upload what you've got, because you never know when a fire is going to wipe out your apartment complex and take 90k/4 months worth of thorough revisions along with it.
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuc
k fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Yo, what the fuck man? Just saw this. What the hell happened? I hope you're doing okay! Seriously.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:03 am

I want a fanfiction based off of this image:

SPOILER: Show

Setting: Wild West

Reccomendation to whoever takes this undertaking, listen to this the whole time you write it.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:17 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Yo, what the fuck man? Just saw this. What the hell happened? I hope you're doing okay! Seriously.

Fire gutted his crib, and the total damage included his computer and anything that was on the hard drive.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm

View Original PostQuadhonk wrote:I want a fanfiction based off of this image:

Reccomendation to whoever takes this undertaking, listen to this the whole time you write it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTTZ6glvko&feature=plcp

Sagisu and his westerns.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostQuadhonk wrote:I want a fanfiction based off of this image:

Western Eva? That has been proposed by multiple people on multiple forums for years, and everyone agrees that the idea would be awesome. There's even a nebulous idea that has been worked out and agreed on by a good portion of the community as being totally awesome. . . . Why no, there hasn't been a single chapter published by anyone. Why do you ask?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 am

No, whatever's going on in the AU in that image (and those related) would be awesome. Western Eva would be a train wreck of disastrous proportions (by which I mean, you can do most anything in an AU if you run with the characters in appearance only, but if you actually make them with the frailties we see in the show it would be griiiiiiiiim).

Also on that note, track A-16: Theme of Nerv. It sounds like it samples a bit right out of The Magnificent Seven.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

MrMallard
Embryo

Postby MrMallard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 am

I am always under the impression that there aren't enough good Shinji - Misato fics. Usually they're too OOC or even worse: their character traits are ramped up to nigh-unbelievable levels. Shinji's like EoE!Shinji except with a much larger inferiority complex, and Misato's a drunken whore who beds strangers every other night and feels that Shinji's her only family.

It's rare that I come across a good fic, and even then it's usually only a drabble. I'd love to see a well-done, in-character slice-of-life piece of fluff between Misato and Shinji, if anyone's up to it.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 pm

View Original PostMrMallard wrote:It's rare that I come across a good fic, and even then it's usually only a drabble. I'd love to see a well-done, in-character slice-of-life piece of fluff between Misato and Shinji, if anyone's up to it.

I started on something like that years ago as a dream sequence that was ultimately cut from a larger work because it got too long and detailed on its own. After I cut it I wondered if I could later make it into its own work. I continue to wonder this, but I don't dare start any new projects given everything I've got going on right now.

The premise was, (for any who care to know,)
Shinji, after his ep19 tantrum, gets sentenced by his father to a week of house arrest. (Being originally a dream sequence meant to explore Misato's true feelings for Shinji, it intentionally played down the seriousness of what he did at the start of ep19, and that incident was the most convenient excuse for the premise because the dream takes place during his month in Unit 01.) Misato is tasked with watching over and homeschooling him during that time, and Asuka, being mad at them both at this point in the series, leaves them completely alone. They bond gradually over the 7 days -- or rather, quite quickly, because they wind up as a couple by the end of day 4. I never wrote the final three days. (Which, come to think of it, were vaguely planned to be of their relationship spiraling downward into something pathetic so as to make the point that they are ultimately not right for each other, and I remember just plain not having the heart to write that.)

Um, to give you a sense of how it was written, here's the first page or two:

(begin)

Misato dreamed of stocking the fridge full of beer. "A week. A week of house arrest! That's his punishment?!" she yelled. "It's as much a punishment for me as for him! They can't possibly expect me to watch him the whole time, can they?"

But the commander had been quite specific. "Shinji is not to leave the apartment for any reason," he'd told her, white-gloved hand pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "All emergency and delivery service charges will be reimbursed."

"But what about his schoolwork?" she'd complained.

"You wanted to be a schoolteacher at one time, didn't you?"

"Maybe if the Second Impact never hap-- wait, I have to teach him myself?!"

"The necessary materials should be waiting for you when you get home."

Misato growled as she might have back then if she hadn't valued her job.

"What were you thinking anyway?!" she shouted over her shoulder at the uneasy boy eating his breakfast at the table, who'd had no choice but to overhear her ranting soliloquy. "Threatening to destroy Nerv headquarters with Unit One like that!"

He took a hard gulp of his food and found other things to look at. "Um... Well, I was already sitting in it, so it would have been pretty silly to threaten with something else..."

"You know what I mean!"

Shinji lowered his chopsticks and stared at the table. "I wasn't thinking, I guess. What he almost made me do to Touji ..." he trailed off.

She froze, hand on the last can from the 24-pack as she was placing it on the overstuffed fridge shelf. Thinking better of it, she stood with it and cracked it open while bumping the fridge door closed with her hip, clad in cutoff jean shorts. She downed a big gulp even though it was warm, and morning.

Once her courage was sufficiently bolstered, she paused to think through the buzz.

"Your father is ..." she began, considering. She grinned. "Not worth considering!"

"What?"

"What's done is done, right?" She sat across from him with an alcohol-warmed smile. "Besides, the less you talk about a problem the less it matters!"

"I don't know if that's a good way to look at things..." he said with a worried frown.

"It works for me!" she declared with a jovial raising of her beer. She downed the rest in one go, squealed a bird-call of delight, then emitted a long, loud belch that rattled the tableware. After a satisfied sigh and through post-burp tears, she saw him recoiled in terror, glancing between her and his plate like he thought either of them might try to attack him.

(end)

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? I admit it's probably not much to go on, and I'm not even sure if it's entirely reflective of the rest of the story (that belch, even when I wrote it, felt like it was a stretch so don't take it as an indicator of the rest being all slapsticky or anything like that) but if it piques your interest I can send you the rest in all its imperfect, minimally revised, unfinished glory.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MrMallard
Embryo

Postby MrMallard » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 am

It's alright, but a bit heavy-duty. I'd like to read a bit more, I guess.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:27 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No, whatever's going on in the AU in that image (and those related) would be awesome. Western Eva would be a train wreck of disastrous proportions (by which I mean, you can do most anything in an AU if you run with the characters in appearance only, but if you actually make them with the frailties we see in the show it would be griiiiiiiiim).

Well, if the characters had grown up in the Old West they'd be different from their canon selves on the face of it thanks to their environments, even if their circumstances are similar. If they have their exact same personalities then the most logical reasoning for that is that they have been dropped into the American West via some sort of time travel. Now that would be an entirely different story to examined on it's own merits.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Return to “Fanfiction”