[Fic] Evangelion: Regenesis

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

[Fic] Evangelion: Regenesis

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:41 am

Third Impact may have left its scars, but it's far from the end. Four years later, and the remnants of Nerv are still locked in battle with Seele, in hopes that the world can be saved. Besieged by nightmares, monstrosities, and her own confusing emotions, Asuka Langley Shikinami must try her best to survive, and bring about a bright future. An alternate take on Evangelion 3.0.

Link to the story on Fanfiction.Net: Evangelion: Regenesis

Hello once more, everyone! Fyrstorm again, back with. This is a fairly recent idea I had. Regenesis is based around the idea of an alternate take on Evangelion 3.0, much in the same way that (Not) the End is an alternate take on the series timeline. As such, you can expect similar elements-- but not quite the same story. I've tried to do my best with this concept, so I hope you enjoy it!

As always, please tell me what you think of it! Thank you! :kaworusparkle:

==========

Chapter Index:
SPOILER: Show
- Chapter One - The Girl With the Patchwork Heart
- Chapter Two - Everything You Ever Dreamed
- Chapter Three - White Knuckles
- Chapter Four - Gottestoeter
- Chapter Five - Out of the Dark (in progress)
- Chapter Six - Rules of Nature (to be written)
- Chapter Seven - (to be written)

Current List of Dramatis Personæ:
Asuka Langley Shikinami ---- The Second Child. A Captain and Evangelion Pilot. Heroine of the story.
Mari Makinami Illustrious --- The Fourth Child. An Evangelion Pilot.
Toji Suzuhara ----------------- The Fifth Child. An Evangelion Pilot.
Misato Katsuragi ------------- Leader of the Nerv Remnants. A Colonel.
Doctor Ritsuko Akagi -------- Head of the Nerv Remnants' scientific division. A Metaphysical Biologist,
Hyuga Makoto ---------------- A subordinate of Misato Katsuragi. A Lieutenant.
The Evangelion Units -------- Humanoid cybernetic weapons, capable of projecting Absolute Terror Fields.
-- Evangelion Unit 02 (R) --- Asuka's Evangelion.
-- Evangelion Unit 08 -------- Mari's Evangelion.
-- Evangelion Unit 07 -------- Toji's Evangelion.
The Nemesis Series ---------- Cybernetic weapons similar to the Evangelions.
The Angels -------------------- Incredibly powerful self-sufficient organisms, capable of projecting Absolute Terror Fields.
-- The Eleventh Angel ------- A truly enormous, shark-like Angel, which attacked the Maritime Preservation Zone.

==========
Last edited by Fyrstorm on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: [Fic] Evangelion: Regenesis

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:14 am

Started reading chapter 1, I like it so far :D
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 am

This is awesome looking forward to the next update :)
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:09 am

As mentioned in the review, really enjoying this so far. Nice to see someone actually going into that timeskip and giving more background on what might have happened. Looking forward to more :)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am

Well, I suppose you all will be glad to know that I've just gotten Chapter 3 into the beta-review phase, so it should be done and uploaded really soon!

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:As mentioned in the review, really enjoying this so far. Nice to see someone actually going into that timeskip and giving more background on what might have happened. Looking forward to more :)

Well, you know, there's a lot left unsaid in 3.0. I just figured that I'd go into more detail in my take on it. And there's a lot to explore (and come up with explanations for)-- which is really fun for me. Of course, the fact that we're following Asuka's* perspective, rather than Shinji's, helps quite a bit with that.

*For the most part, at least. Mari's gonna get a few parts as well, since she'll be in some plot-relevant situations that Asuka isn't, and she's got her own stuff going on.

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:
Well, you know, there's a lot left unsaid in 3.0. I just figured that I'd go into more detail in my take on it. And there's a lot to explore (and come up with explanations for)-- which is really fun for me. Of course, the fact that we're following Asuka's* perspective, rather than Shinji's, helps quite a bit with that.

Oh definitely, fourteen whole years passed without us really knowing anything about it. I had quite a bit of fun coming up with some stuff in my own fic, admittedly I didn't go into the past as much as I originally intended to but even coming up with little bits and pieces was fun.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 am

I will point out, however, that I'm not quite going with the 14-years-later figure for Regenesis. There's a reason why I started it four years after Third Impact, rather than any further on-- I'm moving the plot up a bit, as there's no way I can write ten years worth of stuff without ungainly timeskips (which I'm not doing).

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 pm

So. Chapter 3 is still undergoing final review (which I hope to get finished soon so I can upload it), but I've got something else to address. Chapter 4 will mark the appearance of Eva Unit 07, and I... don't really know how it should look.

I mean, I know it's going to be a production model like 02 and 08, but that's really it. Colour scheme and head design; that's what I'm having problems solidifying. Any suggestions on your guys' part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So far, I'm thinking white, and either green or blue for the colours. The head... I don't have as many ideas on.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Update time! Chapter Three - White Knuckles has been posted (for a while), the Unit 07 problem has been solved, and Chapter Four - Gottestoeter is now at 4K words! Hope you all have been enjoying Regenesis thus far!

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:27 am

Chapter Four - Gottestoeter is finished, and has been uploaded! It's actually really long-- over 12000 words! That's as long as the first two chapters combined! It also contains some interesting dynamic shifts in the narrative...
...but don't worry. Chapter Five will return to Asuka's perspective. Mari will just get the occasional chapter, since there's some things that just work better from her viewpoint. Like here-- most of this chapter would have never been seen by Asuka!

Needless to say, I'm really happy with how this story's coming out so far, and I hope you guys are too. As always, please make sure to tell me your thoughts on it.

What? She's 28 now.

Mainblag
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mainblag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 pm

You're welcome for the proofreading! :D
Evangelion and Godzilla fan. Artist, Student, Writer.
Sachi's younger doppelganger.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 pm

So, I know it's been a while since my last update here, but I have my reasons. Namely, I've been busy with managing other things, and... honestly was kinda losing my momentum and energy for Regenesis. However, this post isn't to give you depressing news of fic death-- it's to offer good news! Thanks to one of the reviewers/commentators on AO3, I've revitalized my drive to write this story, and have since gotten a lot of progress on Chapter Five! it's not quite done just yet-- but believe me, it's getting close!

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:09 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:So, I know it's been a while since my last update here, but I have my reasons. Namely, I've been busy with managing other things, and... honestly was kinda losing my momentum and energy for Regenesis. However, this post isn't to give you depressing news of fic death-- it's to offer good news! Thanks to one of the reviewers/commentators on AO3, I've revitalized my drive to write this story, and have since gotten a lot of progress on Chapter Five! it's not quite done just yet-- but believe me, it's getting close!

Looking forward to it, really enjoy your output whatever the story is so seeing more is always good ^_^

I do think I need to catch up on a chapter of Not The End though. Think it was released on a really busy week for me. :tongue:

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:25 am

Hey! So, it's been a while since my last update on Regenesis-- but don't let that give the impression I've given up on it! I'm just really busy with stuff right now... well, that, and I'm waiting for my beta-reader to get revisions done. So as soon as it's done, I'm sure as hell gonna post it for you guys to enjoy! Just gotta wait a bit longer!

What? She's 28 now.

Return to “Fanfiction”