Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Wow, the twists in this chapter really caught me off guard..

SPOILER: Show

Haha I'm glad! I've been building up to a lot of the stuff in these chapters for quite some time.

Woo hoo! Now things are starting to look up again (compared to last chapter). Yes, there's been heavy losses, but it also seems like out heroes will be able to intervene in time. Looking forward to those next two chapters!

I really hope you enjoy them! I've loved writing this fic so much, it kinda seems sad to me that it will be ending soon but I'll safe the big soppy ending of the fic stuff for when I post the final chapter. :tongue:

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:You better get to work on finishing this before final comes out.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing my post 3.33 fanfic.

If it helps any, Ray, your fic is one of my favorites on this forum, and I always look forward to updates.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Chapter 33 is now out and this marks the end of the Tower Suite.

You Must (Not) Run Away [The Tower Suite Finale: The Lamb Lies Down]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 am

Awesome chapter! Hell of a cliff hanger to.

Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:33 pm

And here we are with chapter 34, the very final part of this will be going up on Monday along with the big thank you note and all that ^_^

You Must (Not) Run Away [The Living Years]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am

Loved every moment of this chapter really heartfelt, powerful and deep.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Hy JC. Even If I haven't commented and reviewed your fics so far, I did read them and I like your take on Eva and your Idea of how Rebuild could continue and end with these two fics here. I was very baffled about how those fics confronted me with how I feel about 3.0 and how FINAL can be.

And here is what i think about the current chapter.
That the final battle happens in Qumran near the Dead Sea (and near Jericho if I think about, what Asuka said about the Wall of Jericho ^^), where SEELE found the Scrolls that depicted the events of Eva itself, despite the Nadia references with the Tower of Babel and Shinji, Yui and SEELE being descendants of those who build the Tower, isn't surprising and the tower seems to work the same way as the Black and White Moon does and the Chamber of Guf opening over the tower too.

That everyone who was near and inside the Tower and Yui/Unit 1 being able to restrict the Impact around this area, expirenced the prephase of Instrumentality before it happened for real and them having their little insight into their ideal reality and realising that this is only a projection of their concioussness through Instrumentality and how Shinji, Asuka and Mari confronted this is symbolic for accepting reality, being thankful and appreciate who they are and the lives they have and caring for who and what's importaint for humans.

The last part where Shinji and Asuka found themselves back at the dead sea and near the tower is a great contrast to the last scene in EoE. That Shinji and Asuka could be the only ones who came back from Instrumentality, even if the fate of the others is uncertain at this point, would be the price they payed for preventing the Impact.

And I think because the Tower broke down completely and Yui/Unit 1 finished her role as a Eva and being freed from this existence and the unit itself turned into a statue and probaly Kyoko/Unit 2 and Maris mother/Unit 8 too, could mean that it's really over and there 'll be nothing what threats Mankind and the World ever again.

And my biggest question would be, whether the Curse of Eva still affects the Children, now that the Evas are gone and whether Asuka is still Bardiels host and her still having it's powers despite not needing the eyepatch anymore, which could mean that she can contain it now.

I'll look forward for the next and last chapter and I hope you get it done for monday as you said. I'm glad you made these fics and It really surprises me, how they depicted exactly of how I view Eva and how I feel about it. Thank you. :)
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm

The epilogue is now out:
You Must (Not) Run Away [Epilogue - Our New World]

--

@The Cruel, thank you so much for all of your kind words. Your comments really mean a lot and I'm glad you're enjoying or at least have enjoyed the story ^_^

So just on your thoughts:
Funnily enough I never actually realized the Walls Of Jericho thing when I put that together but having the tower set in Qumran and Shinji/Yui/SEELE being descendants just made sense to me with Eva having a lot of references to loops within it and repeating. I'm always a fan of the idea of closing/breaking a cycle in Sci Fi too. Glad you picked up on the Nadia reference, it was kinda going for something biblical and then I remember Nadia. My idea of the tower was also kinda inspired by Ka Dingel from the PSOne game Wild Arms.

Yeah I wanted to restrict the damage to the immediate area. I already figured the world had been through enough with the 2nd and Near Third so for this one it was minimised, also I had brought Shinji to a point where he wasn't at his lowest. For me that happened back at the end of 3.0 and he had to be built up from there. I still wanted to have those themes of moving forward and accepting reality though.

Pretty much spot on, I wanted to break them free of SEELE/Eva and anything that could ruin their world. There might still be threats and danger in the future, that is humanity but it is a humanity that will now move forward. If I could compare it to anything it'd be humanity in Star Trek after they use Warp Drive for the first time and make First Contact.

I've kinda answered this in the notes but no it won't affect them anymore, they will age naturally now and grow into adults with Eva behind them ^_^

And I think because the Tower broke down completely and Yui/Unit 1 finished her role as a Eva and being freed from this existence and the unit itself turned into a statue and probaly Kyoko/Unit 2 and Maris mother/Unit 8 too, could mean that it's really over and there 'll be nothing what threats Mankind and the World ever again.

---

And I guess finally, thank you to everyone who has followed this fic through to its conclusion. ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:20 am

Really love the ending of this it felt like a wholesome and forfilling end to a really great story ^_^

Return to “Fanfiction”