Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 am

Really enjoyed this chapter and your description of Adam ^_^

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 am

As mentioned on FFN that was a wonderful chapter, really enjoyed it and I loved seeing that bit of background given for the event.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 am

Update on NtE: Chapter 039 is taking a lot longer than expected, and I'm not super happy with it. As such, I've been taking a bit of a break from NtE, and figuring out what to do. I'm currently considering just scrapping the current draft, and pulling the concept for Chapter 040 up in its place. I don't know.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:46 pm

So, chapter 039b (aka the rewrite I'd talked about) is about 2/3rds done at this point. Despite it taking me more than a month, it's... probably not gonna pass 2000 words, but that's just how it's gonna have to be. I don't think I'll be able to get it further than that. I can promise, however, that Chapter 040 will be something pretty darn cool.

In the meantime, a sneak peek to tide you guys over.

SPOILER: Show
Something went wumph above him.

Slowly, Shinji looked up, at the multitude of leaves and branches.

~...What was--~

Crack!

Before he could finish the thought, a branch snapped, and something dark and hemispherical fell to the ground beside him. A helmet.

Shinji's eyes widened, as the boy scrambled to get out from under the tree. More branches cracked, and he swore he could hear… grunting from within the tangle of leaves.

“... Ugh, there went my-- gah!”

That was when Mari dropped through the canopy, jolting to a stop midair right where Shinji had been. Four long cables ran out of a pack strapped to her back, leaving her hanging above the ground helplessly.

“O-oh…” she chuckled, a sheepish look on her face. “... Hello, Shinji. Hope you don't mind me… ah… dropping in. Parachute kinda crapped out on me.”

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:05 am

Hey, guess who's finally posted a new chapter of this thing?

I'll be honest, I really couldn't care less about the quality or length of this latest one-- it's transitional, and I can always go and write a better version later. For now, it'll stay face-paced, short, and kinda sloppily thrown together.

But Chapter 040 will be much better.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:11 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Hey, guess who's finally posted a new chapter of this thing?

I'll be honest, I really couldn't care less about the quality or length of this latest one-- it's transitional, and I can always go and write a better version later. For now, it'll stay face-paced, short, and kinda sloppily thrown together.

But Chapter 040 will be much better.

Read and reviewed, I liked it. It was transitional as you mentioned but you need that sometimes in a fic and you still managed to do a good job with it. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter though :)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 pm

So, I've been trying to keep up the work on chapter forty of Not the End, but... well, I'm kinda stuck. I've got most of the major plot points and fights after this planned out, but the minor stuff, and a lot of stuff around this part is just kind of fizzling out. I have bits and pieces of this chapter's scenes set out and everything, but finishing and connecting them is a big issue right now.

Now, it's not like I'm stressed or super busy or anything-- there's just this big gap between when I was last on a roll, and when in the story I know I'll be able to get on a roll again, kinda. Things are also just turning out... unsatisfactory as I'm trying to work on them.

Right now, I think my best solution may just be to put NtE on hiatus for a while, and work on something else. I do have a lot of ideas about other stories, after all. Do you guys have any thoughts?

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Okay, I realise it's been a long time since I've posted in here, and it's probably disappointing to see that it's not about a new chapter being published... But hear me out. I think I've figured out what I can do here.

The current, unfinished draft of Chapter 040 is over 4000 words at this point. When finished, it'll probably be longer. My plan is to actually split the chapter in two, so as to be able to actually finish both parts faster (that is, I'll be able to have the "next chapter" finished a lot sooner than if I was starting from scratch like normal).

Should be worth a shot, don't you think?

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Okay, I realise it's been a long time since I've posted in here, and it's probably disappointing to see that it's not about a new chapter being published... But hear me out. I think I've figured out what I can do here.

The current, unfinished draft of Chapter 040 is over 4000 words at this point. When finished, it'll probably be longer. My plan is to actually split the chapter in two, so as to be able to actually finish both parts faster (that is, I'll be able to have the "next chapter" finished a lot sooner than if I was starting from scratch like normal).

Should be worth a shot, don't you think?

Go for it I look forward to the next update ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Chapter 040 is almost done, Chapter 041 is about two-thirds finished since I'd split it off, and my plans for the finale have been completely redone. Plus, I'm nearly done with exams, so I'll be able to do more stuff here. In general; things are good with NtE.

Also, just for kicks, I've been uploading this story to AO3 as well. I currently have up to Chapter 015 posted there.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 pm

At long last, exams are done, and Chapter 040 of Not the End is up! I am now back in business, people!

A link, for those interested: NtE Chapter 040

Hope you like it!

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 pm

So, it's been a while since my last postings here. However, that's because I've been busy with several things.
1) I was on vacation in New Zealand for three weeks, and got back less than a week ago.
2) The old version of Chapter 041 was... let's say unsatisfactory for me. It was kinda convoluted, the parts didn't connect well, and in general I didn't like it. So I'd scrapped it, and have since rewritten the chapter to work a lot better.

Chapter 041 isn't completely finished, mind you, but it's getting really close. Therefore, I've decided to offer you guys a preview of the upcoming chapter! Enjoy!

Armisael's a little... different from normal  SPOILER: Show
Moments after Misato's announcement, the Evas raised their weapons up, and opened fire in all directions. Automatic rifles thundered, rockets roared, and positron beams shrieked, as the numerous particles and projectiles sprayed outwards--

...And not one round hit the Angel.

In an instant, the air around Armisael was filled with a crackling cage of reddish electricity, which detonated and deflected the Evas’ gunfire before even a single shot landed. The Angel unlinked along its length, shut its eyes, and twirled its twin strands together-- fusing into a writhing, alabaster worm.

Sheathed in its armour of stolen lightning, Armisael shot forwards, and spiraled in towards the Evas. Once, twice-- and the Angel’s path changed. The worm’s body bent ninety degrees, aimed directly at the quartet, and lunged at them.

“Move!” Someone yelped. The cyborgs dove out and away, just before the Angel struck. With a crack of stone, Armisael plunged into the earth, and disappeared underground once more.

Quiet settled over the city again.

“...what,” Mari said, as Unit-05 pushed itself up a little. Though the Angel itself had failed to strike them, its electrical shield had left an unpleasant tingle in all four’s bodies. “What the hell was that?”

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Speaking of catching up on fics, I've got to catch up on this one as well as a few others I've neglected reading the past few months. The updates do sound interesting though.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:40 pm

At long last, Chapter 041 is completed!

...however, ff.net is being a bit uncooperative at the moment, so I can't actually upload it there. So, for the moment, I'll instead invite you all to read Chapter 041 of NtE on my Sufficient Velocity thread for the story. As soon as ff.net's document manager decides to act like a properly working function again, I'll give you guys the link to the chapter there.

Edit: Finally uploaded the chapter! Here's the proper link to Chapter 041!

Hope you enjoy!

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:30 am

Status update on NtE: I'm... taking a break. I've got pieces of Chapter 042 done, and an utterly massive amount worked out for the outline (especially that regarding Sahaquiel, Zeruel, and Tabris-- believe me, it's pretty sweet stuff), but the chapter as a whole is evading me. Add in my big workload and business from university, and I've not been able to do much with NtE's written story recently. Still, I've had this sort of thing happen before, and I've always bounced back, haven't I?

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 pm

^ Take all the time you need. I can totally appreciate having so little time to work on something you enjoy doing so much.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Fanfiction”