You Can Start Again

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: You Can Start Again

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed May 10, 2017 9:13 am

Caught up with the latest chapter and left a review. You're doing a great job with this so far, really enjoying the story and can't wait to see more :)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Here is Chapter 8. I'll admit to you right now that I'm not too certain about this one, not only the events that happen in it, but also with the way I wrote it. The final judgement I must leave to you, the readership. Please enjoy.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Settie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Sun May 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Don't really read much eva ff, just a few post EoE or post 3.0 stuff. Yours though, has been a good enjoyable read.

SPOILER: Show
I thought the suicide attempt was well done, Shinji has always been a fish out of water type character, especially in 3.0 and i liked that you kept that up in your fic. In the previous chapter with Mari it really highlighted that even though he's trying, Shinji still had trouble coping, finding out that he may not be completely "human" would push him over the edge since it cranks up his alienated feelings up to 11. I'm interested in what the ramifications of this will be for all characters, especially Misato.

I do have a nitpick though. I thought that the Misato punch was a bit much, Misato and Ritsuko have spent 14 years working together so Misato losing her cool that quickly with Ritsuko of all people felt jarring. Still it's not a major thing that detracted from the rest of the chapter.

Keep it up, I'm looking forward to see your upcoming chapters. ^_^

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Sun May 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Damn. Chapters 7 and 8 shook me. I was not expecting it to go there, and it's refreshing as hell to see a writer actually have Shinji attempt that. One reason I've always wanted to see it is because it would force the other characters to show sympathy for the guy, which he desperately needs. No matter how mad they might be at him, or how afraid, seeing him standing at a ledge must surely have a profound effect on them. It's hard to stay mad at someone who feels so ashamed of themselves that they'll give up on life.

Well done. I can't wait to see more.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:24 am

Just read the lastest chapter earlier today. Poor Shinji, it must have been rough to find out that he's not particularly human. And the part of his suicide attempt, well, it's pretty understandable that he may have that thought going on in his head, believing that it would somehow fix people's problem because of the damage caused by him. I also liked how Asuka jumped in to stop him from doing that. ( I sorta saw that one coming, though I didn't really think my prediction to be that correct.) I wonder what reason she had for saving him, and how she's going to handle him from this point forward. And the part where Misato gave Ritsuko the right book, boy, someone's gonna get chewed out. Wonder what she's gonna lecture her about, and more importantly, how she's gonna treat Shinji.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 am

Already left a review on FFN but the story is going fantastic so far. Really emotional stuff with that last chapter. Keep up the great work.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Here is Chapter 9, which completes this little arc. Originally, Chapters 7, 8, & 9 were supposed to be one chapter, but I decided to split them up, and I think that was the right decision. It might be a bit before the next chapter. It won't be months like the last time, but it could be longer than a week and a half.
SPOILER: Show
In case, someone doesn't recognize the song, it's Early Morning Rain by Gordon Lightfoot.

Hope everyone enjoys it.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:52 am

Already posted my review on FFN, really liked that new chapter. Everything here has been very well handled, some very good work on the discussions between the various characters and I look forward to what is next :)

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I really like the moment between Shinji and Asuka; pretty heartwarming to say the least, and it echoes back to the part in 2.0 where they shared a bed all those years ago. Asuka seems to be a bit more open and tender towards Shinji at this point instead of flat out berating him like she did in the past. (Makes me wonder if she even has a soft spot despite all that has happened)
It was also nice to see Misato actually admit her fault and for the way she has been treating Shinji during his first time in the Wunder. I could just hope she doesn't go full out Gendo, especially in the final film.

Anyway​, I'm enjoying it. Keep up the good work! :asuka_thumbsup:

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Chapter 10 is now out. I hope this one goes over well.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:42 am

I've been skim-reading this, I really like it, especially the details you came up with about the events between 2.0 and 3.0 :D
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 am

Posted a review on FFN, it seems something might have gone wrong with the formatting there as there was nothing to divide the scenes up so it was a bit confusing when it suddenly went from being in the school to being with Ayanami and then Kaji's office.

Aside from that it was a very good chapter, you're doing a great job here ^_^

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 am

^I took a look at the chapter and I see what you mean. Usually, I leave a double space to indicate a change in scene, and I thought I did. When I load it on the site, I have to delete all the spaces out manually. Is there way to edit the chapter without resubmitting?

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:^I took a look at the chapter and I see what you mean. Usually, I leave a double space to indicate a change in scene, and I thought I did. When I load it on the site, I have to delete all the spaces out manually. Is there way to edit the chapter without resubmitting?

If you go to your documents list you can find the document and just add in the spaces you need, horizontal lines or something to indicate the scene break (I always use XXX) from there you can just go into your stories and replace the chapter with the updated one.

I've had to do it a few times as sometimes when I've uploaded a chapter I've not checked and FFN has deleted all the formatting and replaced it with the code.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Well, I managed to fix the chapter, but it appears that the format has changed on the earlier chapters as well. I'll have to fix them later.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Finished chapter 10 recently.

So Shinji is going to show the new pilot the ropes of piloting an EVA, huh? I'm wondering how that will all turn out, especially when he tells her about the downside of it, based on his own experience.

And we'll see how Mari and Asuka will interact with the new pilot.

Keep up the good work!

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Oooh, Mentor Shinji is gonna be awesome. :w00t:

I hope he doesn't die valiantly in battle in front of his new apprentice in order to inspire her to grow as a warrior as she swears to avenge him. By Grabthar's Hammer.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 pm

Chapter 11 is now released. As far as Chapter 12 is concerned...it might be a while. It's been a slog to write so far, but I hope it'll turn out well. Enjoy.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 am

Another really good chapter! I loved that little reveal in there as well.

Take your time with Chapter 12, I think we all have those particular chapters that become something of a slog to write. ^_^

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Just read the latest chapter today.

So, Kensuke's back, huh? Well I'll be damned.

I'm also surprised he didn't give Shinji the cold shoulder or blamed him for the Impacts like the others did. Speaking of the others, why is it that these people aren't giving him the same treatment as he had in 3.33? I'm also wondering why Burke was so willing to take Shinji in despite knowing what he's done.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

Return to “Fanfiction”